PDA

View Full Version : Special Request: TNT

SequSpur
02-09-2005, 09:45 PM
When Manu plays on TNT, he actually looks like an allstar, for some reason on Fox he doesn't.

Is it me or maybe my cable signal is not great. Who knows. Dude is not an allstar but somehow he is.

T Park
02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Uh hes on the all star team genius.

Your the only one outside the NBA coaches, and Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, Magic Johnson.

I mean, what the hell do THOSE people know right??

They are such miniscule basketball minds compared to you

:rolleyes

Kori Ellis
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
When Manu plays on TNT, he actually looks like an allstar

When I look at you through a magnifying glass, you actually look normal height.

Shelly
02-09-2005, 09:48 PM

I'm sorry, but :rollin :lmao

FromWayDowntown
02-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Not to bring this back to the point, but I ran Manu's numbers in nationally televised (TNT, ESPN, and ABC) games and they're substantially better than his overall numbers. Something like 22 ppg, .560 FG, .520 3PT, 5 apg -- stuff like that. I'll get the actual numbers and post them in the morning, if anyone is interested.

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 09:50 PM
I guess Sequ just showed how smart his opinion is (not very). And considering most playoff games are on TNT, ESPN and ABC, I'll take Manu numbers for those BIG games vs the other games he plays. Translation: Manu has great games when they matter. Last time I checked that IS the definition of an ALL STAR.

SequSpur
02-09-2005, 09:50 PM

Are we opening the avenue to personal smak? Shall I add you to the list?

:makemyday

SequSpur
02-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Not to bring this back to the point, but I ran Manu's numbers in nationally televised (TNT, ESPN, and ABC) games and they're substantially better than his overall numbers. Something like 22 ppg, .560 FG, .520 3PT, 5 apg -- stuff like that. I'll get the actual numbers and post them in the morning, if anyone is interested.

Exactly! Thanks bro. I am very interested, since most here can only remember one basket at a time. Especially if it makes the top ten on ESPN.

rascal
02-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Manu's numbers are worse in the playoffs than his career totals.

Nikos
02-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Manu's numbers are worse in the playoffs than his career totals.

You are retarded. Nearly every players numbers are worse in the playoffs.

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Manu's numbers are worse in the playoffs than his career totals.What were his numbers in last couple of seasons on TNT, BSPN and ABC? My point is that if Manu is turning up his game in national televised games this year (most of the big games end up on national TV) then the trend is that he will improve his number in this years playoffs.

But if I makes you happy to hate please do. I will be toasting to a big Fuck You come playoff time.

Just like I will be toasting a big FUCK YOU to all the Manu haters when Manu enters this years all star game.

Phenomanul
02-09-2005, 09:59 PM
When Manu plays on TNT, he actually looks like an allstar, for some reason on Fox he doesn't.

Is it me or maybe my cable signal is not great. Who knows. Dude is not an allstar but somehow he is.

I noticed this after the Miami game... Then I went back to look at last season and this also seemed to be the case.... You could also add Telemundo to that list.... Anyways..

Anyways... I thought we had talked about this topic already....

This is why Barkley became a fan...
This is why Collins loves Manu...
Kerr... no brainer... loves Manu's game as well... enough to have tried to pry him away from the Spurs and lure him to Phoenix (you know before they got Q, and while he was in the 'owners' mode)...

Nikos
02-09-2005, 10:00 PM
BTW Manus efficiency in the playoffs was actually less of a dropoff than pretty much any Spur besides Duncan. But you have no concept of efficiency anyway, so I won't go there, unless you try to act smart with your posts.

Nikos
02-09-2005, 10:05 PM
As an aside Manu scored more PPG last playoffs than he did in the regular season on less shot attempts per game. How is that doing worse? Everyone else on the team and their points per shot went to the shitter against the Lakers. The only players who stepped up statistically in the Lakers vs Spurs in their regarding roles were Devin and Manu.

So what are you speaking of rascal? Are you just trying to be a nuissance and re-claim your hatred towards Manu?

Do you even like the Spurs players? Do you even cheer for the team?

rascal
02-09-2005, 10:07 PM
nikos: STFU

I know many players numbers are lower in the playoffs but when I see people saying Manu steps up in the big games I don't see any evidence of that.

I can't ever even remember Manu having a big playoff series with the spurs.

It was Parker who came up big against the Lakers in the first two wins last year and when he was shut down Manu wasn't anywhere to be found.

Manu still may need more time in the league but he is not there yet.

rascal
02-09-2005, 10:08 PM
I like the spurs but I dislike many of you asshole homers.

Nikos
02-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Parker sucked in game 3-6. Flat out sucked. Manu actually played decent ball. Expecting him to step up, when Tim Duncan even played poorly is retarded. When Pippen had poor series for the Bulls and was injured, do you really think Jordan would play worse cause players did not hit their open shots? No. The team found a way to win regardless. Blame the team, EVERYONE, not Manu.

Manu played his role. Devin exceeded his role. Duncan played sub par, so did Parker.

You can't expect role players to be stars in playoff series all of a sudden.

Nikos
02-09-2005, 10:14 PM

You like black players who can score. That is about all you post about.

You never appear, when the Spurs win. Only when they lose. And when a player on the Spurs finally get recognition as an All Star, you have not ONE IOTA of positive thing to say.

Then you wonder why posters do not like you?

Your posts have no substance. Its easy to be negative and say the Spurs will never win a title. Its easy to show up when they lose.

Your posts are horrible. Not your beliefs.

The annoying fashion in which you portray them is what gets you no respect on this board.

You just do not get it. It has nothing to do with being a homer. Its called enjoying your players a bit and bringing some sort of positive vibe. It is about posting worthy debates, not pure negativity. All you continue to do is insult the Spurs and make them look bad by stating that they did not step up (when Duncan and Parker sucked themselves).

Are you actually going to post a worthy take on this board? We are still waiting. Until then save all your negativity. It is a joke. Not one person on this board enjoys your posts. Not one post on this board from you is anything but negative or derogatory, unless it is about Jason Richardson, Latrell Sprewell, Lamar Odom, Vince Carter, or any black athlete.

Get a clue.

smeagol
02-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Its a mutual feeling, asshole.

Nikos
02-09-2005, 10:19 PM
What is it you dislike? Our opinions, or the fact that most of the posters on this board actually partake in worthy debates, instead of scolding their players?

This is a Spurs board you know, not a board that worships any black athlete who can score 20ppg on 40% FG shooting. And yes, with you it does seem to be about race. All you ever mention is how white players are simply not very good etc...

Then you wonder why posters do not like you?

Post something positive for a change, give some props once in a while. Better yet, even engage in a debate without simply restating the same tired response "The Spurs need a black athlete, Manu is OK, but he never scored 20ppg in a series, so he is not what the Spurs need". Or "Duncan alone wins 60 games".

Meanwhile, you scold or scoff at anyone who disagrees with you, and call them a 'homer'. Post a real take please.

Engage in a debate if you actually have a brain, instead of restating the same old tired lines.

rascal
02-09-2005, 10:20 PM
This game was a good example.

I only saw two or 3 people pick the Wizards to win.

This was a tough spot for the spurs but few realized it and couldn't take off the spur blinders.

And the ones who correctly picked the Wizards were ridiculed and called names before the game, that just gets tiring when you homers think your opinions are the only ones that are right and often you are proved wrong.

Nikos
02-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Care to explain to me how I am a homer rascal?

I doubt you even read the forum when the Spurs win, or even pay attention to anyone who does not scold the Spurs, or desire Vince Carter.

Please explain to me how I am a homer. I would leave to hear it.

Nikos
02-09-2005, 10:24 PM
This game was a good example.

I only saw two or 3 people pick the Wizards to win.
And the ones who correctly picked the Wizards were ridiculed and called names before the game, that just gets tiring when you homers think your opinions are the only ones that are right and often you are proved wrong.

What about the game where Manu almost beat the 4 HOFERS by himself ? Doesn't count? (Malik did help a bit too, but you get the idea). He had a well rounded game, not JUST scoring. He played his heart out and proved to be a very good well rounded role player who can even display some leadership at times.

But again, you only pick the games you want. Manu is not a great scorer -- sure. But he does a lot for this team, and for you to dismiss that because he doesn't reach a certain point total is ridiculous and ignorant.

The idea is a to build a team that can win a title. Not put the hopes on whether Ginobili and Parker reach 20 points WITHOUT Duncan. This is a team game, and ultimately what counts is how the Spurs support plays with Duncan. How about you give the backcourt some props for playing well once in a while?

You would have a little more credibility around here if you actually posted during some wins, and point out a few positives once in a while. Not asking for a lot here.

Nikos
02-09-2005, 10:28 PM

You do realize that posters always scold the opposition, even on other forums? Its not exactly a true statement to call most of the posters on this board homers because they are confident in their team. Not everyone here thinks this team is a lock for a title. If you actually read the forum, you would discover that.

But your interests are not geared towards healthy debate, but rather in scolding the deficiencies of the team. Is that not true?

rascal
02-09-2005, 10:44 PM
This forum doesn't need any more positive posts when the spurs do well. You have enough people already doing that. Whats the point in restating what everyone else is saying. But also realize that there are some issues that aren't always a positive.

Wouldn't you be happier if everyone posted the same happy posts.

I've brought up very healthy debates. If you choose to see it any other way then thats your choice.

SequSpur
02-09-2005, 10:54 PM
I think this is a legit topic. Manu plays like an absolute stud on national tv. He is doing this season and he did it in the olympics. Dude knows when to shine.

T Park
02-09-2005, 10:55 PM
I've brought up very healthy debates.

Yeah the pussy Vince Carter is sucha huge playoff performer.

Right?

Nikos
02-09-2005, 10:59 PM
This forum doesn't need any more positive posts when the spurs do well. You have enough people already doing that. Whats the point in restating what everyone else is saying. But also realize that there are some issues that aren't always a positive.

Wouldn't you be happier if everyone posted the same happy posts.

I've brought up very healthy debates. If you choose to see it any other way then thats your choice.

What kind of healthy debates? All you state is how much the Spurs have nothing aside from Duncan. You say Parker has potential and Manu is basically mediocre. Thats about all you say. Your idea of a healthy debate is that the Spurs should get Sprewell because he is black and can score points.

I am not even saying post happy stuff. Post something of substance other than pure negativity for the sake of being negative. Post something else besides "the Spurs need a scorer" and "Duncan alone wins 60, the other guys are just along for the ride".

Fuck posting happy, post something of substance. I have yet to even see one poster mention you posting anything worthy. Maybe Ghost? And even he is Mr.Negative, and has something worthy to say. At least he has some entertaining posts. Your posts are neither entertaining nor full of any substance.

All you do is deem a player as being mediocre if he does not score 20ppg. You do not factor efficiency at all. And you dismiss anyone who has anything good to say about the Spurs.

Negative or not, your posts do no thave substance. And I am not the only one who see it this way. About 99% of the forum does, and that 1% left over is basically YOU.

Nikos
02-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Oh, and the forum does not need your purely negative posts. They serve nothing when your idea of a good debate is to state "The Spurs need a 20ppg scorer" everyone else is poor or a choker, because they do not acheive that point total. And how "Duncan wins 60 games alone" etc...

Those are worthy takes? That is your idea of brining something to this forum. Even a blind homer posts better takes than you do.

exstatic
02-09-2005, 11:12 PM

You hate the Spurs. You deride and softpeddal their players. You come in and crow when they lose, and are happy about it. You are Ghost Lite, and can't even come up with your own shtick, having to copy his.

rascal
02-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Wrong. I copy no one. I was posting in spur forums before Ghost Writer started.

whottt
02-10-2005, 07:30 AM
Well if he did it against shit teams in meaningless games you'd say that it meant nothing because it wasn't against top competition...witness your comments on Rasho and Malik from the Bobcats game.

whottt
02-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Unending pessimism and thinking your own team and it's players suck isn't a substitute for a legitimate take....or insight.

It tends to come off as monday morning quarterbacking, and a genuine love of being unhappy and having something to complain about.

SpursWoman
02-10-2005, 07:44 AM
I think this is a legit topic. Manu plays like an absolute stud on national tv. He is doing this season and he did it in the olympics. Dude knows when to shine.

Thank goodness the playoffs are nationally televised, huh? ;)

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2005, 08:18 AM
For Sequ, the specifics (2004-05 season only; TNT, ESPN, ABC games only):

Manu
12 games
405 minutes (33.8 mpg)
83-148 FG (.561)
31-59 3PT (.525)
72-89 FT (.809)
269 points (22.4) [high 48]
14-44-58 rebounds (4.8 rpg)
56 assists (4.6 apg)
26 steals
9 blocks
35 turnovers (1.6 assists:turunovers)
36 personal fouls

Jimcs50
02-11-2005, 09:06 AM

Have you thought that perhaps he needs to play well on National TV because the rest of the team blows when the spotlight is on them, thus he HAS to play well?

Solid D
02-11-2005, 09:25 AM

To bring up the point that he seems to play better on nationally telecasted games is a fairly decent take.

To add the extra twist about "dude is not an All-Star but somehow he is" is pure Sequ starting stuff again. He probably started this thread while sipping coffee in his
Taco Cabana Manu Coffee Mug.

http://www.tacocabana.com/images/hd_logo.gif