PDA

View Full Version : Game Notes (Duncan 50/50 for NJ)

Kori Ellis
02-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Notes: Update on Duncan from coach Gregg Popovich: "He's doing well, progressing as one might think, probably 50-50 for New Jersey on Friday." ... Popovich said Robert Horry's leg injury is actually a slight fracture in a "non-weight-bearing bone."

"It's got to heal on its own," Popovich said. "He's allowed to play on it. I'm trying to play him as little as possible, so we'll have him down the stretch." Horry played 18 minutes and scored four points. ...

Popovich didn't sound thrilled about the prospect of coaching the West in the All-Star game Feb. 20, a chore he expected to go to Phoenix's Mike D'Antoni after the Suns' torrid start.

"All my plans were made, and they did not include the All-Star game," Popovich said. "Now that I'm there, it's time to be a big boy and figure out ways to enjoy yourself." Popovich said he usually spends the break by himself studying the first half of the season and watching movies. ...

Wizards guard Jarvis Hayes left the game in the third quarter with a strained right arch strain, but he returned in the fourth. ... The game was a sellout, the Wizards' sixth of the season. ... The Spurs were outscored in the paint (38-36) for just the eighth time this season.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Jesus Pop needs to find a girl....there is no way his life can be that broing.

Manu20
02-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I still say rest Duncan in to he is 100%. Let Parker and Manu step up.

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Pop is happily married man. Its the frustration of being the head coach of one of the best teams in the NBA. I cant be an easy job.

Kori Ellis
02-09-2005, 10:33 PM
I say rest Duncan for New Jersey and play him against Miami.

Horry having this problem is worrisome.

Malone anyone?

missmyzte
02-09-2005, 10:35 PM
NO Malone. They do need to reduce Horry's minutes, I've been saying that for a while. He was limping so badly in LA, and playing 18 minutes is still too many right now.

Nikos
02-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Let Duncan not play. That way when the Spurs can get creamed, we can hear from rascal how much Parker is overrated, and how Manu sucks. Can't wait for that one. :rolleyes

SequSpur
After seeing the horrid rebounding effort from Rasho and Malik in the fourth quarter tonight, we need anything.

Frenchise player
New Jersey will be a tough game since we have lost to Wizards. I think that Kidd-Carter>>>Arenas-Jaminson.
To win, Duncan must be there.

Jimcs50

Malone anyone?

Given the fragility of our bigs this year, I think Malone is a must.

Dre_7
02-09-2005, 10:38 PM
NO Malone.

Duncan hurt, Horry hurt, Rasho just getting off IL, Malik not showing up all the time, why dont people want a good frontcourt player like Malone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

T Park
02-09-2005, 10:39 PM
After seeing the horrid rebounding effort from Rasho and Malik

yeah 8 and 7 respectively from both is horrid.

Nevermind those numbers would be much more had Duncan been there.

But keep being a dumbass it fits you.

boutons
02-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Horry has a cracked fibula? Is there another leg bone that doesn't bear weight?

http://homepage.mac.com/myers/misc/bonefiles/tibia.html

Rummpd
02-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Only if you consider the kneecap (a sesmoid) bone, that usually is dislocated, ala Tim, a fracture of that even slight would undoubtedly be disabling.

Surely in this case, he is discussing the fibula. The major weight bearing leg bones are the tibia - as you show the lower leg, and the femur or upper leg.

A fibula injury can be severe - this should not be taken lightly as even with "stress", non-weightbreaing injuries I have seen them keep some athletes out (depends on pain threshold, someone like TO all rules off with his guttly play s/p ankle sprain and screws in fibula).

Good web site as it talks about this for elite athletes:

injuryupdate.com.au/injuries/shin_&_calf/ fractured_fibula.php?menu=injury_details&menu2=shin_and_calf

MadDoc

milkyway21
02-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Let Duncan not play. That way when the Spurs can get creamed, we can hear from rascal how much Parker is overrated, and how Manu sucks. Can't wait for that one. :rolleyes :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

you just don't know HOW MANY of them TP/Manu critics here.... :blah

milkyway21
02-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Duncan hurt, Horry hurt, Rasho just getting off IL, Malik not showing up all the time, why dont people want a good frontcourt player like Malone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!..bec. missmyzte is a Laker fan?

bring Malone to S.A. :depressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-10-2005, 12:47 AM
This week should be proof to the Malone haters.

Now if the Mailman would hurry the hell up and deliver for the silver and black, it'd be great.

GoSpurs21
02-10-2005, 01:21 AM

Malone anyone?Totally agree unless Tim is not ready to go against Miami. I prefer for Tim to be healthy for March April playoff run (SPAM!!). I think that if Malone is ready to contribute and big Dave forgives malone I can too.

TwoHandJam
02-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Even if Malone comes I doubt he plays until after the all-star break. According to the press he's been keeping fit but hasn't been playing ball. I don't think Pop would throw him into games without a few practices first.