PDA

View Full Version : You really think Palin can lead this nation?

lebomb
09-09-2008, 02:19 PM
If, If something happens to McCain?? I dont think everyone is thinking straight.......McCain can lead the US, but Im not sure Palin can. She has no foreign policy experience whatsoever. She seems to be a nice, smart mother of 5, but it scares me that she may have to run this country if McCain isnt around.

What are yalls thoughts???? :(

DarrinS
09-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I dont think everyone is thinking straight.......McCain can lead the US, but Im not sure Obama can. He has no foreign policy experience whatsoever. He seems to be a nice, smart father of 2 and husband to 1 ugly woman, but it scares me that he may have to run this country if McCain loses.

Fixed

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
It scares me that one of them will be leading this country.

This is the best we got? Seriously?

baseline bum
09-09-2008, 02:25 PM
If we could survive Bush, then nothing should scare us.

09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
If we could survive Bush, then nothing should scare us.

Good point.

lebomb
09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Fixed

Hmmmmm, I wonder who you are voting for??

I was just asking a serious question.....not dogging Palin or anything......Im serious with my fears. Noone else is???

DarrinS
09-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Hmmmmm, I wonder who you are voting for??

I was just asking a serious question.....not dogging Palin or anything......Im serious with my fears. Noone else is???

I guess I agree with DisgruntledLionFan. I'm not thrilled with either of them, but I don't want someone who's for taking more of my paycheck and creating a govt-run health care system.

lebomb
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I guess I agree with DisgruntledLionFan. I'm not thrilled with either of them, but I don't want someone who's for taking more of my paycheck and creating a govt-run health care system.

True, I do agree with you on those points.....but, can you imagine Palin as President having to deal with a situation like Iraq, Afghanistan, or Russia??

I would be worried shitless!!!! I would trust in what Obama and Biden had in mind before Palin!?! :(

I Love Me Some Me
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
If, If something happens to McCain?? I dont think everyone is thinking straight.......McCain can lead the US, but Im not sure Palin can. She has no foreign policy experience whatsoever. She seems to be a nice, smart mother of 5, but it scares me that she may have to run this country if McCain isnt around.

If I agree with you, will you promise not to rap anymore?

lebomb
09-09-2008, 02:33 PM
If I agree with you, will you promise not to rap anymore?

Awwww thats cold.......Ok, Ok....no more spitten for me. I will stick to love making and politics. :hat

101A
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
True, I do agree with you on those points.....but, can you imagine Palin as President having to deal with a situation like Iraq, Afghanistan, or Russia??

I would be worried shitless!!!! I would trust in what Obama and Biden had in mind before Palin!?! :(

Why Obama?

He seems indecisive and equivocates when asked direct questions. I think he would think himself to death and never actually ACT. He has NO more experience than Palin, and has never had the buck stop at his desk for anything. Frankly, the same can be said of McCain; although he has been under fire (literally).

DarrinS
09-09-2008, 02:44 PM

Let's see how she does in debates vs. Biden. She seems pretty tough to me.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-09-2008, 02:45 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/214/458788589_8c1c0ac6e4.jpg?v=0/

oh and by the way...............2 "heartbeats" away from the presidency.

i'd say she's more than qualified compared to the one more heartbeat we're away from

lebomb
09-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Why Obama?

He seems indecisive and equivocates when asked direct questions. I think he would think himself to death and never actually ACT. He has NO more experience than Palin, and has never had the buck stop at his desk for anything. Frankly, the same can be said of McCain; although he has been under fire (literally).

Palin has as much education as I do.........She literally flew to the top in the political scene, as mayor and governor based on her looks. What has she really accomplished. I would like someone to post SIDE BY SIDE.....Palins VS Obamas credentials. Hell, actually her VP counterpart...........Palin VS Bidens credentials.

lebomb
09-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Let's see how she does in debates vs. Biden. She seems pretty tough to me.

Yep, until he goes to international politics.......she is gonna shit herself. :lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
09-09-2008, 02:48 PM
She literally flew to the top in the political scene, as mayor and governor based on her looks.we pretty much have obama because of another man's unwillingness to stick his pecker in someone else than his wife's. if there had been no scandal. no obama.

DarrinS
09-09-2008, 02:51 PM
I wonder if this MSNBC reporter regretted asking Newt about Palin's qualifications?

AjGhy8LVwAo

lebomb
09-09-2008, 02:51 PM
we pretty much have obama because of another man's unwillingness to stick his pecker in someone else than his wife's. if there had been no scandal. no obama.

If there were no Obama, then we would not have had McCain go for a young beauty queen to try and save his old ass. :ihit

DarrinS
09-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Yep, until he goes to international politics.......she is gonna shit herself. :lmao

If that's the case, then she'll be exposed.

Until then, do we really need to be looking at her travel expenses every day?

lebomb
09-09-2008, 02:52 PM
All I know is that if Obama or Hillary chose Palin as a VP, they would have been laughed off the campaign.

Whatever.......this is about Palin as a President if McCain croaks........can she do it???

TheMadHatter
09-09-2008, 02:53 PM
The problem is the Republicans have succeeded in dumbing down the political debate to the point where people are legitimately excited about a hockey mom becoming VP.

As if 8 years of Bush wasn't enough, they want to elect the female version back into office. There really isn't any explanation I can think of for why Republicans vote the way they do other than our nation is full of idiots.

Whatever happened to electing the best man for the job? Why the fuck are we electing the guy we'd most like to have a beer with? Republicans are running this country into the ground.

101A
09-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Palin has as much education as I do.........She literally flew to the top in the political scene, as mayor and governor based on her looks. What has she really accomplished. I would like someone to post SIDE BY SIDE.....Palins VS Obamas credentials. Hell, actually her VP counterpart...........Palin VS Bidens credentials.

Since when is education a requirement for VP?

Here goes:

Obama.............................. Palin
Community Organizer ...........Mayor
State Senator ....................Chairwoman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
U.S. Senator.......................Governor

There you go.

Oh, I forgot Biden:

Senator for fucking ever (and ran for his party's nomination for president a couple of times).

TheMadHatter
09-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey idiot. Education should be a requirement for holding the 2nd highest political office in the United States. Fucking idiot.

101A
09-09-2008, 02:54 PM
The problem is the Republicans have succeeded in dumbing down the political debate to the point where people are legitimately excited about a hockey mom becoming VP.

As if 8 years of Bush wasn't enough, they want to elect the female version back into office. There really isn't any explanation I can think of for why Republicans vote the way they do other than our nation is full of idiots.

Whatever happened to electing the best man for the job? Why the fuck are we electing the guy we'd most like to have a beer with? Republicans are running this country into the ground.

And why is Obama that?

Why are Democrats so easily duped into picking such a fucking flawed candidate every 4 years that beating the scrub is child's play?

101A
09-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey idiot. Education should be a requirement for holding the 2nd highest political office in the United States. Fucking idiot.

You're quoting who when addressing Jefferson and Madison?

Bartleby
If that's the case, then she'll be exposed.

Until then, do we really need to be looking at her travel expenses every day?

She brought it on herself when she started making fiscal accountability and government waste one of her key talking points.

Anti.Hero
These questions are pointless.

As if Obama is anything better.

Srsly.

Most governors don't have foreign policy experience and we have done just fine. Before you rip back about dumbass Bush, think a little.

DarrinS
09-09-2008, 02:56 PM
All I know is that if Obama or Hillary chose Palin as a VP, they would have been laughed off the campaign.

Whatever.......this is about Palin as a President if McCain croaks........can she do it???

If you have no faith in Palin, then I don't understand why you'd have faith in Obama. What scares me about Obama is not so much his inexperience, it his philosophy.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
If there were no Obama, then we would not have had McCain go for a young beauty queen to try and save his old ass. :ihit
if obama had done what was best, shown leadership, and good judgement than he shouldn't have tossed away 18 million votes 3 weeks ago, then you wouldn't have had to be worried about palin-who's the vp by the way.

http://www.crosstudy.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/checkmate.104185919_std.jpg

101A
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
I wonder if this MSNBC reporter regretted asking Newt about Palin's qualifications?

AjGhy8LVwAo

pwned!!!!

:lmao

Anti.Hero
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
if obama had done what was best, shown leadership, and good judgement than he shouldn't have tossed away 18 million votes 3 weeks ago, then you wouldn't have had to be worried about palin-who's the vp by the way.

Can't really fault him for that.

At the end of the day, dude would rather make it to 50 than become president I guess haha

09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
And why is Obama that?

Why are Democrats so easily duped into picking such a fucking flawed candidate every 4 years that beating the scrub is child's play?

They are both flawed. Extremely flawed. McCain sucks just as much as Obama does. This isn't much different than the last election.

Republicans are better at winning elections. It's that simple.

lebomb
09-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I dayum sure would rather have Biden as president than Palin if Obama or McCain goes down.....that is for damn sure. I could lead just as well as Palin.....I have just as good of qualifications.

101A
09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
They are both flawed. Extremely flawed. McCain sucks just as much as Obama does. This isn't much different than the last election.

Republicans are better at winning elections. It's that simple.

No. It's easier than that, and, for the record, I believe EACH of these candidates is superior to the previous offering from their respective parties.

Republicans, in a year when the country is sick and tired of extremism, puts forth the single most moderate voice in their party. The Democrats? Two of the most liberal in the Senate.

It's not the people, it's the politics. Americans, as much as they are upset with Bush and the Republcans ARE NOT LIBERAL!!! McCain talks about NOT wanting a socialized medicine plan - and does so confidently. Most Americans DO NOT WANT the government seizing control of anything else (damn near our entire mortgage industry notwithstanding).

Democrats COULD have nominated Hillary; and I think she would win; they could have put her as the running mate; which would have won. They could have nominated a more moderate candidate; but they went WAY left. Where's Romney and Huckabee? Fishing!!!!!

We are a conservative country. Problem is, the people who the Dems want to vote for them; they despise!!! All of these "working class" people that they NEED for votes? Those people go to church, and go to work. They DON"T want a hand-out, or even a hand up (don't have a free hand 'cause they have both full with Guns and Bibles). They certainly don't give a fuck about carbon credits!

These voters want something different from what they see as a Republican party dominated by elite business and big wigs; but Dems have nominated a person who screams "elite" - haven't they? Clinton? NOT ELITE!!!! He spoke red-neck; and legislated VERY moderately!!! Obama would not have passed Welfare reform or NAFTA. Palin may be many things; but arguing she is in the pocket of big business is gonna be a stretch. Criticizing her religion? Gonna backfire. The atheists and liberal elites have been in the tank for Obama from day 1. In fact, that's the whole problem.

101A
09-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I dayum sure would rather have Biden as president than Palin if Obama or McCain goes down.....that is for damn sure. I could lead just as well as Palin.....I have just as good of qualifications.

O.K., there's only 49 other states:

Rendell, is that you?

Anti.Hero
09-09-2008, 03:09 PM

Excellent argument. I have changed my mind.

lebomb
09-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Excellent argument. I have changed my mind.

I never even heard of Palin till she was elected. At least I knew who Obama, McCain and Biden were.

The republicans pulled Palin out of their ass to try and save their ass with a soccor mom, beauty queen. There are many, many more females in Washington with more experience......that are PISSED that they were passed over. Women with many more qualifications. Ive heard alot of women on the streets say this. :rolleyes

101A
09-09-2008, 03:22 PM
I never even heard of Palin till she was elected. At least I knew who Obama, McCain and Biden were.

The republicans pulled Palin out of their ass to try and save there as with a soccor mom, beauty queen. There are many, many more females in Washington with more experience......that are PISSED that they were passed over. Women with many more qualifications. Ive heard alot of women on the streets say this. :rolleyes

You heard of Obama in 2004 at the DNC, just like the rest of us. I remember distinctly watching Andrea Mitchell pea herself, and wondering what was up.
I'm 40, and I'm pretty sure Biden and McCain have been around my entire sentient life.

lebomb
09-09-2008, 03:23 PM
You heard of Obama in 2004 at the DNC, just like the rest of us. I remember distinctly watching Andrea Mitchell pea herself, and wondering what was up.
I'm 40, and I'm pretty sure Biden and McCain have been around my entire sentient life.

Yes this is true.............also the first time I ever heard of Palin was two weeks ago and Im over 40.

101A
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Yes this is true.............also the first time I ever heard of Palin was two weeks ago and Im over 40.

That's just 'cause she was running for state, and not national, office. If Clinton hadn't spoken in '98 no one would have known him before '92. Carter was an unknown, etc....

Also, Obama's been running for President for about as long as any person ever HAS run for president. This has given him much name recognition, but I'm not sure as much experience as Palin has had ACTUALLY running a state.

sontinospurs
09-09-2008, 03:52 PM

that's the thing about this country and Bill Maher said it best. People in this country dont want someone who is smarter than them, but someone who is just like them. might as well get all the fucking hockey moms and dads together to form a cabinet.

lebomb
09-09-2008, 03:54 PM
that's the thing about this country and Bill Maher said it best. People in this country dont want someone who is smarter than them, but someone who is just like them. might as well get all the fucking hockey moms and dads together to form a cabinet.

Trust me.........one day you will see Charles Barkley and Ben Stiller in the white house. Oh, and your neighbor may be in the senate.

101A
09-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Damn.

It's not like you lefties are playing into the stereotype or anything....

sontinospurs
09-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Damn.

It's not like you lefties are playing into the stereotype or anything....

No, some republicans said it best last week: Why is Palin a good choice?

1. She's a good looking woman

2. She can hunt and fish, so she's not afraid to get her hands dirty..

DarrinS
09-09-2008, 04:03 PM

I think P.Diddy and Lindsay Lohan are really raising the intellectual level of political debate in this country. :rolleyes

Wild Cobra
09-09-2008, 11:21 PM

And it doesn't scare you more that Obama knows less? My God man... He wants to surrender in Iraq while we are winning. He want to 'talk' when that's been done to exhaustion without resolve. At least Palin is a smart lady. She will learn what she needs to, use her above average common sense, and appoint advisors who do know.

TheMadHatter
09-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Wait wait wait.......we're winning in Iraq? Shit pass me some of that good stuff WildCobra.

I suggest you do a little "research" that doesn't involve browsing the RNC website. We're so far from "winning" in Iraq, we don't even know what we're trying to accomplish over there anymore.

It's idiots like you that are ruining this country. Dumbing down complex foreign affairs. Please kill yourself.