PDA

View Full Version : Who will Ron Paul endorse for president?

09-09-2008, 05:37 PM
and does anyone care?

MannyIsGod
09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Ron Paul.

JoeChalupa
09-09-2008, 05:51 PM
:lmao

cool hand
09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
no one, cuz he cares about the american people. all the other canidates don't.

whottt
09-09-2008, 06:32 PM
What does Ron Paul do with his campaign contributions...just out of curiosity. He recieves a great deal of money and I'm just wondering what he does with it...I would like to see the method to his madness and to know what he does with his contributions that he keeps accepting months after the race is over. I assume he does something good with it...but I'm just wondering what that is.

As for who he will enorse...it'll be interesting, the main reason he said he wouldn't endorse McCain is because of Iraq...but Paul, just like every othe Dem is now owned on Iraq, and since Bush has given the timetable...Obama and McCain both pretty much have the same stance....it doesn't really matter now.

By platform Paul should be endorsing McCain based on the importance of low taxes compared to what Obama intends to do...but we'll see where he goes.

It'll be interesting...

I do know he and McCain are friends though...or at least they were. If he continues to hold out it's likely to influence the Republicans to listen more cloesly to what he's saying.

Can't fault him for that...I just didn't agree with his Iraq stance and the genocide he wanted to cause....to non-Americans...with all of the blood being on our hands.

cool hand
09-09-2008, 07:05 PM
What does Ron Paul do with his campaign contributions...just out of curiosity. He recieves a great deal of money and I'm just wondering what he does with it...I would like to see the method to his madness and to know what he does with his contributions that he keeps accepting months after the race is over. I assume he does something good with it...but I'm just wondering what that is.

As for who he will enorse...it'll be interesting, the main reason he said he wouldn't endorse McCain is because of Iraq...but Paul, just like every othe Dem is now owned on Iraq, and since Bush has given the timetable...Obama and McCain both pretty much have the same stance....it doesn't really matter now.

By platform Paul should be endorsing McCain based on the importance of low taxes compared to what Obama intends to do...but we'll see where he goes.

It'll be interesting...

I do know he and McCain are friends though...or at least they were. If he continues to hold out it's likely to influence the Republicans to listen more cloesly to what he's saying.

Can't fault him for that...I just didn't agree with his Iraq stance and the genocide he wanted to cause....to non-Americans...with all of the blood being on our hands.

depends on how much you make. ron paul wants NO federal income tax. first candidate to endorse that would probably get his support.

national sales tax.....the EU does it.

Anti.Hero
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
no one, none deserve it.

If McCain spends anything like Bush fucking does, Ron Paul should murda all the republicans.

ggoose25
09-09-2008, 08:34 PM
From what I've read, Ron Paul will be on the ballot in Montana. This makes Montana winnable for Obama, as it siphons off votes from McCain.

Nbadan
09-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Montana is winnable for Obama without Paul...

ggoose25
09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
well i guess its more winnable now! :lol

Wild Cobra
09-09-2008, 11:27 PM
He's a bitter man over the primaries. I don't think he will endorse anyone, and vote for Bob Barr.

Xylus
09-09-2008, 11:34 PM
I still fail to see any positive news coming out of Iraq can justify spending trillions of dollars on an invasion of a country that wasn't a threat to anyone, really, didn't have weapons of mass destruction, had no ties to al Qaeda, and actually had a somewhat stable government.

Our global image is fucked.
The terrorists of 9/11 got exactly what they wanted...a foolishly impulsive attack against the wrong country.
Our aggressive presence in the Middle East only incites more anger. Violence begets violence. Anyone who thinks that we've taken positive steps toward fighting terrorism is extremely delusional.

We should have listened to Ron Paul in 2003 when he was one of few Republicans who voted against the Iraqi invasion, and predicted the imminent erosion of several of our civil liberties.

Meanwhile, we debate over who's better between McCain and Obama. The real question: Who will rape the constitution at a slower pace?

Fuck Obama/Biden.

Fuck McCain/Palen.

Fuck modern conservatives and liberals. I'm sick of this divisive, two-party bullshit; it's counterproductive to true democracy.

Xylus
09-09-2008, 11:40 PM
I need a beer.

ggoose25
09-10-2008, 12:10 AM
20 I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the state, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party, generally.

21 This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness, and is truly their worst enemy.

22 The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty.

23 Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind, (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight,) the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

24 It serves always to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

25 There is an opinion, that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the Government, and serve to keep alive the spirit of Liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in Governments of a Monarchical cast, Patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in Governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And, there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be, by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume. George Washington's Farewell Address- September 17, 1796

--------------------------------------------

What happened to leaders like this?