PDA

View Full Version : No More KSAT On Time Warner?

PM5K
09-09-2008, 09:50 PM
You guys hear about this? Apparently KSAT doesn't have a contract with TimeWarner (They have one with every other carrier) and because of this there's a possibility KSAT will no longer be carried by Time Warner.

I hate to have to add an antenna for one damn channel...

Why is Time Warner always a pain in the ass? We already had the NFL Network thing where we couldn't watch the Cowboys, they are slow to add HDTV channels, and now this?

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Hmmm, perfect time to put this link up.

http://www.ksatcommunity.com/

Das Texan
09-09-2008, 10:10 PM
time warner sucks so fucking much.

my favorite is how everyone else has fucking wgn in hd. time warner doesnt. no wonder you dont have to pay for HD on their shit. They dont carry anything!

FromWayDowntown
09-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Do WOAI and KENS have contracts with TWC? I honestly don't know.

PM5K
09-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Do WOAI and KENS have contracts with TWC? I honestly don't know.

You almost have to assume they do, but the KSAT page that talks about it is very vague, at best...

davi78239
09-09-2008, 10:33 PM
This blows! KSAT's all we've ever watched. But yea, I have noticed that the other news are in HD already and KSAT has yet to do so. I'm not fixing to add damn rabbit ears to my HD TV's either cause that's just stupid. Does anyone have AT&T Uverse? I was looking at the offerings not too long ago and it seems pretty damn cool. I think you get more for your money with them. Only thing that I really like about TWC is the On Demand stuff, which I don't think anyone else offers anything like.

DPG21920
09-09-2008, 10:41 PM
This blows! KSAT's all we've ever watched. But yea, I have noticed that the other news are in HD already and KSAT has yet to do so. I'm not fixing to add damn rabbit ears to my HD TV's either cause that's just stupid. Does anyone have AT&T Uverse? I was looking at the offerings not too long ago and it seems pretty damn cool. I think you get more for your money with them. Only thing that I really like about TWC is the On Demand stuff, which I don't think anyone else offers anything like.

AT&T Uverse is really cool. Lots of great features, channels and on demand programing. Plus you can connect everything in your house to the internet (wireless I believe).

Mr Dio
09-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Is it really Time Warner doing the dumping?
Why aren't the other networks having this issue with Time Warner?

PM5K
09-10-2008, 01:06 AM
Is it really Time Warner doing the dumping?
Why aren't the other networks having this issue with Time Warner?

No, did I make it sound that way?

Sausage
09-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Fuck Time Warner. How can you not have one of the three major television networks under contract? That's ridiculous.

S_A_Longhorn
09-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Just when I was thinking about going back to Time Warner......then I hear about this! I'm sure KSAT is wanting something Time Warner doesn't want to do (like add LATV to regular programming), but to not carry one of the major channels?? That's ridiculous! Time Warner doesn't give a shit about their customers or P.R.

I have AT&T U-Verse. I am very happy with it overall, although the 'cable' box does freeze up occasionally. It's basically internet TV, so all TVs need receivers. WiFi is no charge as part of the internet package. You have to sign up for internet & TV to get U-Verse. One cool feature is the ability to set your DVR to record a specific show thru the internet home page.

MannyIsGod
09-10-2008, 08:30 AM
I JUST switched back to TW and this shit pops up. I'll stick with TW anyway but motherfuck.

JoeChalupa
09-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm sure things will all work out.

TwAnKiEs
09-10-2008, 08:38 AM
www.grandecom.com

I work here.... might be a good change for you.... :king

BTW we just added NFL Network HD

CosmicCowboy
09-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Actually, as I remember the original cable legislation they have to give the local channels (at least above a certain viewership threshold) free access. I suspect this is KSAT wanting something above and beyond access and trying to pressure Time Warner.

JudynTX
09-10-2008, 08:47 AM
This sucks.

MannyIsGod
09-10-2008, 08:50 AM
W/E - I just better have KSAT by the time LOST comes back.

JudynTX
09-10-2008, 08:55 AM

:bang:bang Son of a bitch! Thx for reminding me about that. :depressed

JoeChalupa
09-10-2008, 08:56 AM

Sounds like you'd be LOST without it.

CosmicCowboy
09-10-2008, 09:19 AM
I wouldn't worry about it guys...KSAT can't afford to boycott Time Warner...their Nielson's would drop through the floor along with their local ad rates.

Time Warner would just carry another ABC affiliate from another town so you could still get ABC programming...

fatsack
09-10-2008, 09:22 AM
i knew i should have gone with the dish.
fuck.

I. Hustle
09-10-2008, 09:33 AM
In response to your question PM5K yes. I do love the boobs in your signature. I enjoy the way they are almost spilling out. Any other questions?

JudynTX
09-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't worry about it guys...KSAT can't afford to boycott Time Warner...their Nielson's would drop through the floor along with their local ad rates.

Time Warner would just carry another ABC affiliate from another town so you could still get ABC programming...

:rolleyes Great.....we'll get an ABC affiliate from Iowa or something. Boring! :lol

CosmicCowboy
09-10-2008, 09:52 AM
KSAT is bluffing with a pair of 2's. This will go right down to the wire and KSAT will fold.

nothing to worry about.

CubanMustGo
09-10-2008, 11:05 AM
I have AT&T U-Verse. I am very happy with it overall, although the 'cable' box does freeze up occasionally. It's basically internet TV, so all TVs need receivers. WiFi is no charge as part of the internet package. You have to sign up for internet & TV to get U-Verse. One cool feature is the ability to set your DVR to record a specific show thru the internet home page.

We just got uVerse installed yesterday. So far it's pretty cool. Along with the TV and internet we went ahead and got the basic phone package which includes 1000 mins/month of long distance (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, USVI) as well as a bucketload of features like caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, 'find me', voice mail, etc. etc. Another neat thing is you can check to see who called you from any browser and even play back and respond to messages. For $5 a month more you can get unlimited long distance. International calls are extra but seem reasonable to most places.

The *bad* thing about the phone, especially if you don't have a cell, is that if the power goes out, so does the phone. They give you a small UPS that is supposed to be able to power the phone for about four hours.
Oh, you also have to set up the gateway in a location that has handy access to both a cable outlet and a phone jack. In our place that meant putting it in the guest bedroom, but the wifi signal is plenty strong throughout the house.

T Park
09-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Good ole DirecTv.....

Buddy Holly
09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Didn't something like this happen with the ABC station in NYC and TW?

CubanMustGo
09-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Good ole DirecTv.....

Good until it rains, maybe. Been there, done that.

AlamoSpursFan
09-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Good ole DirecTv.....

I was at my parents house this afternoon and they were watching KSAT news. Joslyn came on and gave a number to call to complain to TW. My dad got a pen and paper and said "what was that number again?" to which I responded "1-800-DIRECTV"

:lol

And unless there's a monster ass thunderhead directly between my dish and the satellite (which has happened all of twice since I've been with DirecTV and never for more than 5 minutes), I have no problems watching TV in the rain.

I also like the fact that DirecTV charges only the customers who use HD programming for it, instead of making all of the customers foot the bill for us HDTV richers and then claiming that the service is provided "free".

Fuck TWC.

bus driver
09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
i knew i should have gone with the dish.
fuck.

i love the dish! :toast

cool hand
09-10-2008, 05:33 PM
if we can see through TIME WARNERS BULLSHIT. why can't we see through the republicans and democrats bullshit.

09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Needs more Ursula...

http://nsidemd.com/business/images/stories/article-images/profiles-UrsulaPari.jpg

/Ike
//Screen Door

09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
And a dash of Leslie

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Tz6JhN73qkk/SDSP4wfOh4I/AAAAAAAAAk8/3HVNPhtsNzE/banquet+1.jpg

ZStomp
09-10-2008, 06:37 PM
www.grandecom.com

I work here.... might be a good change for you.... :king

BTW we just added NFL Network HD

Isn't it still in limited areas though?

If TWC drops KSAT- I'm dropping them.

ZStomp
09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
I was at my parents house this afternoon and they were watching KSAT news. Joslyn came on and gave a number to call to complain to TW. My dad got a pen and paper and said "what was that number again?" to which I responded "1-800-DIRECTV"

And unless there's a monster ass thunderhead directly between my dish and the satellite (which has happened all of twice since I've been with DirecTV and never for more than 5 minutes), I have no problems watching TV in the rain.

I also like the fact that DirecTV charges only the customers who use HD programming for it, instead of making all of the customers foot the bill for us HDTV richers and then claiming that the service is provided "free".

Fuck TWC.

When I had DirecTV, I rarely had that problem. So that would not be a deterrence for me. KSAT gone- DirecTV here I come.

QTraXQ
09-10-2008, 07:16 PM
What is unfortunate is that practically all of you guys no nothing about what is actually going on.

This has been in discussion and lurking for a while between Time Warner Cable San Antonio and KSAT. You guys should stop posting crap and actually research or at least attempt to ask someone who may have knowledge of whats going on between the two companies.

The deal between KSAT and Time Warner Cable is that KSAT now wants payment for their Broadcast. The FCC madated digital television transition no longer requires cable operators to re-broadcast or re-transmit local broadcasters feeds. With that being said, KSAT believes this is an opportune moment to get TWC to pay them to rebroadcast.

To me, this makes no sense, as it probably makes KSAT more money to have the service retransmitted on cable tv rather than only being available off-air. KSAT is making plenty of money from advertisements

I believe someone brought up the NFL Channel as well... The NFL Channel was the same sort of deal where NFL wanted all customers to have the channel for a charge. Time Warner Cable only wanted to charge those customers who wanted the channel.

So, before you alot of you guys point and scream at Time Warner Cable, try to get all the facts from both sides.

PM5K
09-10-2008, 07:27 PM
What is unfortunate is that practically all of you guys no nothing about what is actually going on.

This has been in discussion and lurking for a while between Time Warner Cable San Antonio and KSAT. You guys should stop posting crap and actually research or at least attempt to ask someone who may have knowledge of whats going on between the two companies.

The deal between KSAT and Time Warner Cable is that KSAT now wants payment for their Broadcast. The FCC madated digital television transition no longer requires cable operators to re-broadcast or re-transmit local broadcasters feeds. With that being said, KSAT believes this is an opportune moment to get TWC to pay them to rebroadcast.

To me, this makes no sense, as it probably makes KSAT more money to have the service retransmitted on cable tv rather than only being available off-air. KSAT is making plenty of money from advertisements

I believe someone brought up the NFL Channel as well... The NFL Channel was the same sort of deal where NFL wanted all customers to have the channel for a charge. Time Warner Cable only wanted to charge those customers who wanted the channel.

So, before you alot of you guys point and scream at Time Warner Cable, try to get all the facts from both sides.

Who the fuck asked you?

Ginofan
09-10-2008, 07:30 PM
TWC still sucks. I'm so glad we switched to ATT U-verse. We've been extremely happy with it, no problems at all in the 3 months that we've had it.

Clandestino
09-10-2008, 07:33 PM

all the other companies are still cheaper even with nfl network

QTraXQ
09-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Satellite Providers are not necessarily cheaper after the campaign or special is done. Time Warner Cable has specials and campaigns but they generally dont last as long as the Satellite Providers but you can always cancel your cable service without penalty. Satellite will straight up penalize your @$$ for trying to leave them.

Also, Time Warner Cable has free service calls, whether its the buried cable is cut or the internal house wiring gone bad, the customer does not pay.

I think Time Warner Cable does a crappy job of informing customers of all the benefits that come standard with even the lowest cable package.

Concerning the NFL Network, Time Warner Cable did not believe charging all customers was a wise decision. Why dont people hit up the NFL to find out why they will not accept a deal in which only customers who purchased the NFL Network channel would be charged?

I wonder if anyone realizes that Time Warner Cable San Antonio has the most High Definition channels out of all the divisions. San Antonio also has every interactice service such as, "CID on TV", Video On-Demand, StartOver, News & More and PhotoShow.

I heard someone talk about AT&T Uverse. Well AT&T Uverse is not available everywhere. AT&T decided they were only going to build out the Uverse capable plant to pieces of the city that would provide the most money.

PM5K
09-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't know if I should assume you work for Time Warner or not.

You have your nose all up their ass but at the same spit out shit that's just wrong, or haven't you heard about their packages with a two year commitment?

Das Texan
09-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Satellite Providers are not necessarily cheaper after the campaign or special is done. Time Warner Cable has specials and campaigns but they generally dont last as long as the Satellite Providers but you can always cancel your cable service without penalty. Satellite will straight up penalize your @$$ for trying to leave them.

Also, Time Warner Cable has free service calls, whether its the buried cable is cut or the internal house wiring gone bad, the customer does not pay.

I think Time Warner Cable does a crappy job of informing customers of all the benefits that come standard with even the lowest cable package.

Concerning the NFL Network, Time Warner Cable did not believe charging all customers was a wise decision. Why dont people hit up the NFL to find out why they will not accept a deal in which only customers who purchased the NFL Network channel would be charged?

I wonder if anyone realizes that Time Warner Cable San Antonio has the most High Definition channels out of all the divisions. San Antonio also has every interactice service such as, "CID on TV", Video On-Demand, StartOver, News & More and PhotoShow.

I heard someone talk about AT&T Uverse. Well AT&T Uverse is not available everywhere. AT&T decided they were only going to build out the Uverse capable plant to pieces of the city that would provide the most money.

time warner cable does not have more HD channels than Uverse.

That is fact.

I have Uverse. My folks have Time Warner.

I get more.

cherylsteele
09-11-2008, 12:45 AM
I don't know if I should assume you work for Time Warner or not.

You have your nose all up their ass but at the same spit out shit that's just wrong, or haven't you heard about their packages with a two year commitment?
Yes but you are given a choice, you don't have to sign up for price locks they offer, you are forced to sign a contract with DTV and Dish, not sure about AT&T.

The other thing KSAT is saying is they have not had a contract with TW for a year now. This total bunk, you can't, by law, rebroadcast a signal whether it be TW or satellite unless you have a contract. If there was no contract the FCC would have been all over this a long time ago.

cherylsteele
09-11-2008, 12:47 AM
time warner cable does not have more HD channels than Uverse.

That is fact.

I have Uverse. My folks have Time Warner.

I get more.
He meant of all the TW divisions I think.

Slydragon
09-11-2008, 02:25 AM
QTraXQ = http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/18/25503.html

Instead of email he's a forum PR spammer.

Das Texan
09-11-2008, 07:12 AM
He meant of all the TW divisions I think.

you mean like the TW divisions in bum fuck iowa too?

who gives a fuck about them, it only matters about san antonio.

and you dont have a contract with Uverse.

does TW still charge for receivers too?

Ginofan
09-11-2008, 07:36 AM

Kudos to ATT, who cares about the po' people anyway? :lol Kidding of course!

I guess I'm just lucky then to have it available to my area. Though it is just getting started, I'm sure after a few more years it will be widely available in the city.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 07:54 AM
I have no real problems with Time Warner. I got a decent price lock for what I need although I don't see why I should have to pay for all that HD channel stuff when I don't even use it and don't want it.

bus driver
09-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Satellite Providers are not necessarily cheaper after the campaign or special is done.....

bullshit! my dish network is alot cheaper than TWC and i have hbo/showtime/nfl network and local channels among others.
i dont care whos fault it is about this thing, TWC sucks!

Shelly
09-11-2008, 10:51 AM
bullshit! my dish network is alot cheaper than TWC and i have hbo/showtime/nfl network and local channels among others.
i dont care whos fault it is about this thing, TWC sucks!

I have Dish also with a ton of HD channels and ALL the movie channels and it ended up being a better deal than what we had with TWC and only HBO. I even get Lifetime and LMN in HD! :tu

Also, if something goes wrong, you don't call DISH direct. If you call DISH, they will charge you. If you call you're installer, they don't.

Bus Driver, do you have any idea why we don't get NBC in HD?

bus driver
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I have Dish also with a ton of HD channels and ALL the movie channels and it ended up being a better deal than what we had with TWC and only HBO. I even get Lifetime and LMN in HD! :tu

Also, if something goes wrong, you don't call DISH direct. If you call DISH, they will charge you. If you call you're installer, they don't.

No, but i dont have HD yet, i am in the process of upgrading my tvs to LCD so unitl i have all my tvs in LCD then i i will get the HD pack or move to att u-verse.

AlamoSpursFan
09-11-2008, 11:00 AM

Dish Network can blow me. I was a customer for 7 years until they decided to dick me around for something they suggested I do. (Long story).

Never had a problem with DirecTV, customer service is free, and I get NBC in HD.

When I had Dish, I always lost signal in even a light rain. As I said before, it has to be purple spot on the radar dumping on my house before I lose signal.

MoSpur
09-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Glad I have DirecTV

MoSpur
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I think DirecTV has gone out on me a few times since I have had it and that was because of a strong storm. The same can be said for Time Warner. I have been at my in-laws when a storm blew by and their box went out too for a while. I would much rather have DirecTV and have the NFL Network and pay half of what my in-laws pay. If I have had to call DirecTV about twice to complain and both times I have gotten discounts on my bill for a period of six months. I love their Customer Service

One time I called asking if they had promotions for HBO because I wanted to watch a fight. He said no, but would give me that and Cinemax for free for three months to see if I like it.

PM5K
09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
What do you guys with dishes use for internet?

Part of the reason I'm with TW is because I can't get anything out here but Road Runner and I have a package deal with my cable.

bus driver
09-11-2008, 12:47 PM
What do you guys with dishes use for internet?

Part of the reason I'm with TW is because I can't get anything out here but Road Runner and I have a package deal with my cable.

SBC DSL, (this works great; even though i know RR is better)

i got the SBC package dish/phone/dsl (this was before u-verse), sbc wants us to change but if it is not broke than dont fix it.

for the questions about rain, i have rarely had interference during rain. the times when it did go out was when it (rain) was bad but usually for at the most 15 minutes.

MoSpur
09-11-2008, 12:59 PM
I was just gonna say DSL as far as internet use

AlamoSpursFan
09-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm stuck with dialup (the horrah!) out in the sticks where I live. I'd shell out the extra $ for satellite internet, but I'm on the road most of the time and hotel HS internet is free.

QTraXQ
09-14-2008, 05:36 PM
UVERSE = 45 HD's
TWC = 60 HD's

So, who ever said Uverse has more HD's is completely wacked out. Also, I am not a PR guy, but I do know alot about the broadcasters and broadcast systems in general.

DirecTV has the worst HD picture quality record of any TV service provider as they perform transcoding or re-encoding of their video services to allow them to use minimal bandwidth for more channels. This is not a big deal and can be an ok practice but DirecTV has strangled there video bitstream way too much...

I am really sorry if I piss any of you guys off, but I have heard enough about how bad the prices of Time warner Cable are. The pricing is similar to DirecTV after the campaigns from both are dissolved.

Cable prices will eventually be lower for people as OCAP/2-Way CableCARDs become prominent in the very near future. This will allow anyone to purchase their own TiVO or Digital Settop and still experience all the Interactive Services that Time Warner Cable provides. Also, you would not have to buy the settop from the cable company, in fact you would be able to purchase the settop from Best Buy, Wal Mart, HEB Plus! or any other company for that matter.

Like I said before, DirecTV will charge you out the ass for service calls - this may not be a problem for some of you if you are a fix it yourself type person - but most people are not and they end up calling DirecTV for the service call. If you have a problem with Time Warner Cable, a tech comes out at no charge and in general Time Warner Cable will issue a refund for the time the service was affected.

You know, if you guys don't like the price you pay, then call Time Warner Cable and tell them. Especially, if you have not been on a campaign or special for a while, then call and find out what Time Warner Cable will do for your loyalty. Let them know you are thinking about leaving them. Time Warner Cable is not going to pay for someone to call you, just like AT&T and DirecTV will not have someone call you to offer you a new rate. These companies will not call you unless they want to upgrade you to a bundle deal like Cable, Phone, and Internet.

Sorry guys - Im all over the place with this reply.

Lastly, going back to the NFL Network deal...

The NFL was offered the opportunity to allow Time Warner Cable - San Antonio to place the NFL Network in its own package and any profits would go to NFL Network. NFL Network declined this offer! Like I have been saying, there is alot and I mean alot of details and dealings that you guys are not aware of or that some of you guys have not researched.

I wish Time Warner Cable would stop allowing broadcasters like KSAT and NFL Network to put crap out before them. Time Warner Cable needs to be the first one on TV and the newspapers complaining, so people are looking at them, asking what the hell is Time Warner Cable doing...

QTraXQ
09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
AlamoSpursFan - You may want to look at the Sprint, AT&T, or the Verizon Wireless cell card. I believe the quality of service is probably in the following order..

#1 Verizon
#2 AT&T
#3 Sprint

Note: AT&T may have their cell cards converted or running 3G so they may be tied for or actually in the #1 spot now.

Bandit2981
09-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Cable sucks. When I moved to Missouri Mediacom was the cable company and they blew, wouldn't even offer NBA TV on any package, so I ditched them and went with DirecTV. It's been great except we don't have local HD channels yet (coming in October supposedly) and the rain more often than not will mess with my signal.

Slydragon
09-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Hmmm, perfect time to put this link up.

and the other sides story

http://thetruthhurtsksat.com/main.php

Thoughts after reading both?

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-14-2008, 08:02 PM
From my usage, my Sprint card has been reliable across South Texas and when I've been in some major cities.

I will say this... for our Ike coverage this past weekend in the middle of the storm, we relied on our Sprint cards and our Verizon cards couldn't hold up when we were transmitting video with Skype on the air and sending large video files.

QTraXQ
09-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Hmm.

Had alot of issues with my Sprint Card when I used it, but that was probably 6 or so months ago. Problems I had were not reliability (except in the northern Stone Oak area), but problems were with speed over VPN's. I'll have to get one of my guys to re-test the sprint system.

Thanks!

Udokafan05
09-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Time Warner took out a full page in Express News saying it's KSAT fault for holdout

AlamoSpursFan
09-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Cell cards wouldn't do me any good, as I'm 5+ miles from the nearest tower and I barely get 1 bar (more bars, apparently, in more places except where my ass lives!) unless I make the approximately .25 mile trip up to the street, where I get 2 bars.

And DirecTV's HD signal looks just fine on my TVs...

I really don't give 2 shits about TW anymore, because I don't have to deal with them. My disgruntlement stems from shitty service in the past.

redraiders362002
09-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Here are some hard facts. The FCC placed rules to protect local affiliates from being left out from the programming that cable and dish were going to offer so they came up with a "must carry" rule which state's ( A demand for carriage is commonly referred to as "must-carry." If the broadcast station asserts its must-carry rights, the broadcaster cannot demand compensation from the cable operator.) The text from FCC site. Well, now that the analog system is going away to digital, KSAT feels that it will create a influx of subscribers to cables affiliates which will generate more money which they now want a piece of. As for the part that TWC is no longer going to transmit KSAT, that is also incorrect because again, the so called contract that is in process is a universal agreement that is also on the FCC site and runs every 3 years (which will now expire in Oct, funny, huh) here's the paragraph with that info (The initial election between must-carry or retransmission consent was made on June 17, 1993 and was effective on October 6, 1993. The most recent election occurred on October 1, 1999 and was effective January 1, 2000. The next election will occur on October 1, 2002 and will become effective January 1, 2003. All subsequent elections will occur every three years.). This is just some of the facts, but it all boils down to money, KSAT wants more because simply, analog going away.

PakiDan
09-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Bottom line... this problem only seems to affect TW. It seems that TW always has the rate and coverage issues. I pay 30 dollars less per month with U-Verse and get about 100 more channels than I would with TW. I have ALL premium channels plus NFL network, PLUS HD and still pay less than I would with TW for less channels and no premiums. TW sucks. PLUS its Fiber Optic so I never have weather issues, and I have HBO, Cinemax, Stars, Encore, Movie Channel, and Flix on Demand. Suck it.

ATRAIN
09-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Bottom line... this problem only seems to affect TW. It seems that TW always has the rate and coverage issues. I pay 30 dollars less per month with U-Verse and get about 100 more channels than I would with TW. I have ALL premium channels plus NFL network, PLUS HD and still pay less than I would with TW for less channels and no premiums. TW sucks. PLUS its Fiber Optic so I never have weather issues, and I have HBO, Cinemax, Stars, Encore, Movie Channel, and Flix on Demand. Suck it.

Looked into it and U-Verse isnt avail here :(

leemajors
09-19-2008, 02:26 PM
I've hardly had any problems with TW in the last 13 years. RR is the reason i won't be switching, the speeds are amazing. I can watch the decent NFL network games at a friend's house or at a bar. NBC is great, but so are HD torrents that i can watch in HD from my iPhone on my HDTV. It's not that big of a deal to me.

redraiders362002
09-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Bottom line? I did not realize the thread was about price comparison with u-verse, I assumed we were discussing the issue with ksat and twc. I posted only facts not opinions. and that is the BOTTOM LINE

The Reckoning
09-19-2008, 05:02 PM
since august ive had to call TW atleast once a week about a problem. its usually the picture going out during a football game...the worst possible time

Shelly
09-19-2008, 06:39 PM
SBC DSL, (this works great; even though i know RR is better)

i got the SBC package dish/phone/dsl (this was before u-verse), sbc wants us to change but if it is not broke than dont fix it.

for the questions about rain, i have rarely had interference during rain. the times when it did go out was when it (rain) was bad but usually for at the most 15 minutes.

We have Dish Network with DSL. Unless it's pouring, it never goes out.

We had RR prior and it was constantly going out daily. We have the highest tier of DSL and it's just as fast as RR as far as I can tell.

S_A_Longhorn
09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
The other thing KSAT is saying is they have not had a contract with TW for a year now. This total bunk, you can't, by law, rebroadcast a signal whether it be TW or satellite unless you have a contract. If there was no contract the FCC would have been all over this a long time ago.

No, your response is "total bunk". KSAT signed a one-year agreement to work on a new long-term contract with Time Warner last year. That's right - the talks have been going on FOR A YEAR. KSAT is tired of TWC, so they are prepared to leave TWC.

If they do leave, no amount of PLC will ever get TWC back in the good graces of SA. What kind of company doesn't care about PR? A company that has sheeps for customers.

fatsack
09-22-2008, 03:01 PM
does TW pay KENS or KMOL for their signal?

Buddy Holly
09-22-2008, 03:08 PM
KMOL? :nope

Bender
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
In San Antonio, will any spurs games this season ONLY be on KSAT?

BacktoBasics
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
The NFL was offered the opportunity to allow Time Warner Cable - San Antonio to place the NFL Network in its own package and any profits would go to NFL Network. NFL Network declined this offer! Like I have been saying, there is alot and I mean alot of details and dealings that you guys are not aware of or that some of you guys have not researched.

I don't know how you can use that as a defense for TW. Offering a potential powerhouse channel a raw deal to bring value up in a tier package consisting of shitty programming has to be one of the more lowdown lowball moves TW has ever made. All the NFL network wanted was the opportunity to grow their channel in a big market instead of turning out like NBA TV did. They bitched and moaned about having to pay for it and then ran out that bullshit verbage about not wanting to charge their customers more....only to have raised prices 4 times since the initial arguement got started.

TW is a piece of shit company.

wut
09-23-2008, 09:31 AM
To me this is what it boils down to:

TWC has a VERY basic package, that includes ONLY the free broadcast stations required by law....yet, they charge for them, and have been for many many years. The cost was originally in place to help offset costs of laying down cable and providing the data transfer. At this point in time all those are sunk costs and/or minimal cost to TWC; yet they still charge a slight premium on absolutely FREE channels. KSAT just want a little piece of the pie. There's greed on both ends...and on KSATs end, it can only mean that they're taking financial hits if they NEED this contract so bad. Moving to HD must be a huge cost for them, and they're probably just not doing so hot....thus, the need to act like TWC is screwing you.

Off Topic RANT: Channels like Mtv take advantage of the fact that they're "forced" onto you through cable packages. Companies like TWC make WAY more money on forcing you to buy packages. When's the last time you've even seen a music video on MTV?

Ever wondered why Mtv allowed that idiot, to host its music video award show and blast McCain and told everyone to vote Obama? McCain was a prime representative in a push that would force cable companies into a la carte programming.

In other words: you don't like that Mtv doesn't play music videos? Don't get Mtv. In fact, Mtv banks on the fact that you currently can't use your purchasing dollars to keep them in line. Mtv knows they can make more advertising dollars by putting up crappy reality tv shows all day, than playing music videos....which is fine, cause they're a business, but how many of you would "buy" Mtv in its current state if you had the option of choosing it?

Also, somewhat related is The Daily Show. I was a BIG fan of The Daily Show when it first came out; but it just seems like lately like it's just biased to an unwatchable state. Just last night they were making fun of Palin for her ambiguity when talking about issues....as if ANY politician has had actual information on how they handle any issue. The Daily Show used to be edgy, but now it's just like watching MSNBC. Btw, you're probably wondering where I'm going with this: Comedy Central owned by Mtv's parent corporation: Viacom.

Ok /end rant. :D

angel_luv
09-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Before I moved to the duplex I am in now, I had AT&T Uverse and loved it.

I recommend looking into it.

ashbeeigh
09-23-2008, 11:53 AM
In San Antonio, will any spurs games this season ONLY be on KSAT?

I did not think of this. There may be a few towards the end of the season. Ack! And for sure conference and finals will only be on ABC.

I Love Me Some Me
09-23-2008, 12:06 PM
At this point I really don't care who's wrong and who's right.

Bottomline is, I don't pay KSAT a dime for anything. I pay TWC enough money that I consider it their responsibility to provide me access to all major over-the-air networks. If they can't do that, I it's their fault and no one elses. I don't really give a rat's ass about KSAT, but I do care about ABC's network programming.

What is the possibility that TWC would provide ABC to it's customers through a different ABC affiliate...like one out of Austin or something?

mrose31
09-23-2008, 01:23 PM
At this point I really don't care who's wrong and who's right.

Bottomline is, I don't pay KSAT a dime for anything. I pay TWC enough money that I consider it their responsibility to provide me access to all major over-the-air networks. If they can't do that, I it's their fault and no one elses. I don't really give a rat's ass about KSAT, but I do care about ABC's network programming.

What is the possibility that TWC would provide ABC to it's customers through a different ABC affiliate...like one out of Austin or something?

We are having same problem in Austin but it is with NBC affiliate KXAN. I see a trend here with TWC but I like there services and if not for on demand and dvr I would hardly watch any tv at all although I think I do pay them a little too much but oh well. I agree completly with you I don't care for the news any local stuff I just want to get NBC network programming. I think on Oct 2ndTWC is losing KXAN (NBC). So maybe we can trade you guys in San Antonio our ABC for your NBC here in austin sounds good to me.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Awesome. KXAN hasn't renewed it's deal with TW, so now TW is showing an informercial on its former channel on how to watch NBC shows on your computer.

It's pretty transparent; the same company owns the CW and Telemundo stations here and they are still on Time-Warner.

PM5K
10-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Give me a fucking break, get an antenna...

ChumpDumper
10-03-2008, 08:25 PM
As I said before, I'm going to record Jeopardy on my computer's TV card. Otherwise KXAN will not be missed. I'm too lazy to get a new TV or converter box.

Bigzax
10-03-2008, 08:40 PM
people still don't have directv?!

DannyT
10-03-2008, 08:44 PM
people live in Apts who are under contract with TW

ChumpDumper
10-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh, snap.

Providence, Rhode Island-based Lin, which owns or operates 29 stations [including KXAN], dropped 49 cents, or 11 percent, to $3.80, its lowest in more than six years, at 4:05 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. The shares have lost 69 percent this year. Time Warner Cable rose 21 cents to $22.46. It has declined 19 percent this year.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aLx_sTVLmLro&refer=news

Bigzax
10-03-2008, 09:10 PM
people live in Apts who are under contract with TW

ahh...very good point!

leemajors
10-03-2008, 09:32 PM
i'm not gonna miss NBC at all, that channel sucks anyway. if i need to watch sunday night football, i can easily go to a friend's house. shit, no notre dame football! oh noes!

Taco
10-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Get The Crap Fixed Now!!

S_A_Longhorn
10-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Get rid of Time warner now!

I switched to U-Verse and have never looked back last year.

Taco
10-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Get rid of Time warner now!

I switched to U-Verse and have never looked back last year.

NOT IN MY AREA

MY DAUGHTER HAS U-VERSE IT WAS COOL

ZStomp
10-09-2008, 03:14 PM
So is it official? KSAT out?

Bender
10-09-2008, 03:20 PM
i'm not gonna miss NBC at all, that channel sucks anyway

:wtf :lol

ZStomp
10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Fuck AT&T! They are not available in my area and I checked my Mom's house- not there either.

:bang

ZStomp
10-09-2008, 03:33 PM

Guess it's official? KSAT no more on TWC

UGH

timvp
10-09-2008, 03:35 PM

Guess it's official? KSAT no more on TWC

UGH15th.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for reminding me to record The Office tonight. The over-the-air digital signal is great even with the tiny antenna that came with my laptop's TV card. Only problem is the software is compete crap and only records in 1024 x 768 AVI's. Uses 1 gig every ten minutes. I think i have a desktop TV card around here somewhere I should try out.

TW replaced KXAN with Starz Family for the time being.

peewee's lovechild
10-09-2008, 03:50 PM
I don't give a shit about KSAT.

I have TW and I'm not going to change for anything. I've had them for close to three years now and I haven't had any problems to speak of. And, that's that I moved from the Alamo Heights area to just a few blocks from Helotes.

On the other hand, my brother, who happens to work for AT&T, has had problem after problem with Uverse. It is constantly freezing up on him and the picture is always going out. They've gone to his house countless times and have replaced his receivers and modem several times. They even give him Spurs tickets now because Uverse is always fucking up on him.

Anyway, I only like a couple of shows on ABC anyway (Boston Legal and Lost) and I can always catch the episodes online.

So, screw KSAT.
They'll be back with TW when they start losing all sorts of money from local adverts.

monosylab1k
10-09-2008, 03:53 PM
too bad u guys don't have Verizon Fios, cuz it is the shiznit.

PM5K
10-09-2008, 03:58 PM
At the end of the day Time Warner has hundreds of channels, and KSAT only has a handfull of potential carriers, and I'm just guessing here but I wouldn't be surprised if Time Warner is the largest retransmitter of KSAT.

So you do the math, who is more likely to suffer?

Personally, I hav an HDTV with a built in digital tuner, so I'll just pop an antenna on top of my set (or somewhere near it) and watch whatever KSAT stuff I watch as usual.

FromWayDowntown
10-09-2008, 03:59 PM
I have to believe that there will be some sort of 11th hour compromise that will keep KSAT on Time Warner. I'd be curious to know what the actual number is, but I would imagine that a significant number of cable homes in SA are subscribed to Time Warner. If ads on KSAT aren't reaching those homes, KSAT will lose advertisers (or have to adjust its rates) and will lose substantial advertising revenue, I would think. I would also think that KSAT stands to lose much more in ad revenue by being yanked from TW than it would gain by sharing in the cost that TW is charging its customers.

With that said, I'm getting pretty tired of the tactics that TW has used in its negotiations with various providers. I've never understood why it was that TW couldn't compromise with the NFL Network and put that service onto the basic tier in one of the slots that was once occupied by networks that have been moved into the digital tier. I get that it's all about the bottom line for TW, but it could have easily met the desires of many of its subscribers without undermining the wishes of other subscribers.

FromWayDowntown
10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
By the way, removing KSAT from Time Warner means that Time Warner customers wont' have at least 5 regular season games televised in their homes (without an antenna, I guess):

Dec. 25 at Phoenix
Jan. 25 at Lakers
Feb. 8 at Boston
Mar. 8 vs. Phoenix
Apr. 5 at Cleveland

PM5K
10-09-2008, 04:05 PM
I'd normally agree with you about the 11th hour comment, but so many stations have been pulled, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work out that way.

Frankly as I mentioned, I have an antenna and a digital tuner so I don't give two shits.

I haven't thought too much about it but it's interesting that KSAT has never mentioned (that I've seen) the free, or damn near free alternative to their customers (an antenna which would be ok for analog sets and would be just as good for digital sets with built in tuners) but instead is telling customers to switch their cable company which is a bigger task than getting an antenna, especially when people bundle their services.

peewee's lovechild
By the way, removing KSAT from Time Warner means that Time Warner customers wont' have at least 5 regular season games televised in their homes (without an antenna, I guess):

Dec. 25 at Phoenix
Jan. 25 at Lakers
Feb. 8 at Boston
Mar. 8 vs. Phoenix
Apr. 5 at Cleveland

That just means I'll have to make a trip to the bar or Buffalo Wild Wings.

Slydragon
Both my TVs have digital tuners built in so I will just get some antennas.

Couldn't TWC be nice and let us pick up free antennas, or better yet put a digital tuner in the DVR box so we can still record off ksat and technically we would just be getting it over the air.

PM5K
10-09-2008, 04:07 PM
That just means I'll have to make a trip to the bar or Buffalo Wild Wings.

Fuck yeah!

PM5K
10-09-2008, 04:08 PM
My kids tv doesn't have a digital tuner (19 LCD) but they don't watch KSAT anyway.

PM5K
10-09-2008, 04:08 PM

Couldn't TWC be nice and let us pick up free antennas, or better yet put a digital tuner in the DVR box so we can still record off ksat and technically we would just be getting it over the air.

That's how you know they aren't really playing hardball, if they were they'd be giving out free antennas as you mentioned.

phyzik
10-09-2008, 04:14 PM

The boxes arent made by TWC, they are made by scientific atlanta. who knows, maybe they are talking to scientific atlanta about the option.

jcrod
10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Wow didn't read this till now. I have TW mostly for RR, I work from home so DSL blows compared to cable modem.

If Verizon was available in SA, I would jump there.

Blake
10-09-2008, 04:24 PM
both sides stink in this and ultimately we the consumers will end up paying one way or the other.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2008, 04:27 PM

Couldn't TWC be nice and let us pick up free antennas, or better yet put a digital tuner in the DVR box so we can still record off ksat and technically we would just be getting it over the air.You can already get a converter box for $10 after getting the gubment coupon.

PM5K
10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
You can already get a converter box for $10 after getting the gubment coupon.

Yeah but you can't record with it...

Slydragon
10-09-2008, 04:34 PM
You can already get a converter box for $10 after getting the gubment coupon.

I know this, I think you miss my point.

ZStomp
10-09-2008, 04:45 PM

Who's telling the truth? Who cares anymore?
Bottom line is no more KSAT on TWC. I will wait until Oct.15 before I drop them. Let's see if there is an "11th hour"....

Clandestino
10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
here is goes again.. TWC trying to fuck everyone.

How do all the other cable providers have KSAT 12 and still charge lower than TWC??? answer that shit twc....

same shit happened with NFL network.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah but you can't record with it...That's what betamaxes are for.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I know this, I think you miss my point.Eh, if people are that helpless, they don't deserve to watch "Heroes" anyway.

MannyIsGod
10-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Wow didn't read this till now. I have TW mostly for RR, I work from home so DSL blows compared to cable modem.

If Verizon was available in SA, I would jump there.

My Old ATT DSL was just as fast as my RR now. But they were more expensive for everything else and the service was meh.

I prefer the DVR from TW. I have an antenna for when they didn't have Fox's HD feed so I'll just use that for Lost if this shit isn't fixed by then.

exstatic
10-09-2008, 07:55 PM
KSAT picked a bad time to try this shit. When their ratings drop to near zero for the Nov sweeps, they'll relent.

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 10:41 AM
here is goes again.. TWC trying to fuck everyone.

How do all the other cable providers have KSAT 12 and still charge lower than TWC??? answer that shit twc....

same shit happened with NFL network.

If the problem really is with TW trying to screw over affilates, why is TW not having this problem with the other affiliates?

All this boils down to money.
KSAT wants more of it, and is the only one making an issue out of it, in San Antonio at least.

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 10:41 AM
KSAT picked a bad time to try this shit. When their ratings drop to near zero for the Nov sweeps, they'll relent.

True that.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 10:45 AM
So have these babies made up yet?

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 10:45 AM
If the problem really is with TW trying to screw over affilates, why is TW not having this problem with the other affiliates?

All this boils down to money.
KSAT wants more of it, and is the only one making an issue out of it, in San Antonio at least.

Same shit here with KXAN (NBC). Their contract ended and they wanted more money from time warner so they pulled their signal.

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2008, 10:52 AM

Who's telling the truth? Who cares anymore?
Bottom line is no more KSAT on TWC. I will wait until Oct.15 before I drop them. Let's see if there is an "11th hour"....

If the signals free then why does TW charge us for it?

Melmart1
10-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I have no choice but to have TWC if I don't want to go satellite. U-Verse and Grande don't serve my area, so TWC is it. I have used satellite in the past and didn't care for it. I hear it has improved quite a bit, but I don't want to sign a contract that I can't get out of to find out.

It is frustrating to think that the broadcast channel I watch the most out of the main four might not be available. I know I can catch most of the shows online, but I work at a desk all day so at night I like lounging on the sofa in front of the TV, I don't want to watch TV on the damn computer. Blechhh.

And those notices at the bottom of the shows last night were annoying as all hell.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I have no choice but to have TWC if I don't want to go satellite. U-Verse and Grande don't serve my area, so TWC is it. I have used satellite in the past and didn't care for it. I hear it has improved quite a bit, but I don't want to sign a contract that I can't get out of to find out.

It is frustrating to think that the broadcast channel I watch the most out of the main four might not be available. I know I can catch most of the shows online, but I work at a desk all day so at night I like lounging on the sofa in front of the TV, I don't want to watch TV on the damn computer. Blechhh.

And those notices at the bottom of the shows last night were annoying as all hell.

Yeah same here, I tried to get UVERSE but its not here in my area yet. Once it is, im moving over to that. I have a computer hooked up to my 42" LCD so I get to watch shows on there, but it still sucks.

Melmart1
10-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah same here, I tried to get UVERSE but its not here in my area yet. Once it is, im moving over to that. I have a computer hooked up to my 42" LCD so I get to watch shows on there, but it still sucks.

Stop trying to act like a richer. Damn poser!

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Stop trying to act like a richer. Damn poser!

lol dude are you serious? Richers have 42" tv's in their bathrooms. Even poor mexican's have 42" tvs.

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 11:22 AM
I have a computer hooked up to my 42" LCD so I get to watch shows on there, but it still sucks.

Compensate much?

SpursWoman
10-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Last night we went scrolling through the guide to as far ahead as we could and found the only thing we ever really watch (and only occasionally at that) is Extreme Home Makeover.

Losing the couple of Spurs games will suck, but none of it's worth the inconvenience of switching services as far as I'm concerned.

SpursWoman
10-10-2008, 11:26 AM
42ins? That's it? How do you even see it? :wtf

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Compensate much?

No compensation needed here unlike you. Maalox told me you had a small pecker.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Last night we went scrolling through the guide to as far ahead as we could and found the only thing we ever really watch (and only occasionally at that) is Extreme Home Makeover.

Losing the couple of Spurs games will suck, but none of it's worth the inconvenience of switching services as far as I'm concerned.

Do they show the spurs games on FSN over there? In Austin all we have is either FSN of the My Network station. The games on NBA tv ill have to miss or go to a bar.

Melmart1
10-10-2008, 11:35 AM
lol dude are you serious? Richers have 42" tv's in their bathrooms. Even poor mexican's have 42" tvs.

I don't, and I am a Mexican. So I guess that makes me less than poor. :depressed

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't, and I am a Mexican. So I guess that makes me less than poor. :depressed

Its ok you can come use mine anytime you want.

Melmart1
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Its ok you can come use mine anytime you want.

Poor Mexicans don't have gas money to get to Austin. :depressed

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Poor Mexicans don't have gas money to get to Austin. :depressed

no worries ill go pick you up.

AlamoSpursFan
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM

If your TV has a built in tuner, a $5 set of rabbit ears will get you KSAT in glorious HD. I find it funny that the TW rep keeps telling y'all to go online to get your favorite shows. I wonder why they're scared of rabbit ears?

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 11:59 AM
If your TV has a built in tuner, a $5 set of rabbit ears will get you KSAT in glorious HD. I find it funny that the TW rep keeps telling y'all to go online to get your favorite shows. I wonder why they're scared of rabbit ears?

Because Rabbit ears will no longer be good in a few months. Im also sure its because they want you to get high speed roadrunner. They have a channel in austin that shows you how to connect your computer to your tv lmao.

PM5K
10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
none of it's worth the inconvenience of switching services as far as I'm concerned.

That's what I'm saying, why on earth is KSAT trying to get people to switch cable companies for one damn channel?

What idiot in their right mind goes through all that trouble?

If they really cared about their customers, they'd be telling them how easy it is to get KSAT OTA with their DTV or their DTV tuner, by now most people should have one or the other by now, so go out and buy a 5-10 dollar antenna (if you don't have one sitting around somewhere) and pickup KSAT OTA...

PM5K
10-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Because Rabbit ears will no longer be good in a few months. Im also sure its because they want you to get high speed roadrunner. They have a channel in austin that shows you how to connect your computer to your tv lmao.

Rabbit ears will always be good, either through your built-in tuner or your external DTV tuner.

AlamoSpursFan
10-10-2008, 12:05 PM

Rabbit ears will be perfectly good from now until the economy causes TV stations to go out of business. :lol

They pick up digital signals every bit as good as they pick up analog signals. I have rabbit ears on my 19" tv in the kitchen and I get WOAI, KENS, KSAT, and KABB perfectly out here in the sticks north of Floresville.

PM5K
10-10-2008, 12:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing, I really think it's because they aren't trying to play hardball with KSAT just yet.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Rabbit ears will be perfectly good from now until the economy causes TV stations to go out of business. :lol

They pick up digital signals every bit as good as they pick up analog signals. I have rabbit ears on my 19" tv in the kitchen and I get WOAI, KENS, KSAT, and KABB perfectly out here in the sticks north of Floresville.

oh ok well I havent had rabbit ears in years so I did not know that........nevermind then lol.

PM5K
10-10-2008, 12:10 PM
oh ok well I havent had rabbit ears in years so I did not know that........nevermind then lol.

Go find a thread that's a little more in your IQ range...

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Go find a thread that's a little more in your IQ range...

How about you go fuck yourself. Cause I havent needed to use Rabbit Ears in over 10 years, now I have a low IQ? Yeah ...ok.

PM5K
10-10-2008, 12:34 PM
How about you go fuck yourself.

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 12:36 PM
No compensation needed here unlike you. Maalox told me you had a small pecker.

Says the guy who has to brag about his TV size

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Says the guy who has to brag about his TV size

Wasnt really bragging but glad that you are envious of yet another thing about me. Its just like a person from Brownsville to want to be like everyone else including wanting to be like someone from San Benito.

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 12:39 PM
How about you go fuck yourself. Cause I havent needed to use Rabbit Ears in over 10 years, now I have a low IQ? Yeah ...ok.

Here come the 'roids

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Wasnt really bragging but glad that you are envious of yet another thing about me. Its just like a person from Brownsville to want to be like everyone else including wanting to be like someone from San Benito.

Like my shlong, my TV is bigger than yours.

But, I don't brag about it on the interwebs.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Like my shlong, my TV is bigger than yours.

But, I don't brag about it on the interwebs.

LOL now your just lying. You know your poor mexican ass has like a 13" tv and many a women on ST know that you dont have a big schlong.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Its just like a person from Brownsville to want to be like everyone else including wanting to be like someone from San Benito.

Now that's funny.

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 12:44 PM
LOL now your just lying. You know your poor mexican ass has like a 13" tv and many a women on ST know that you dont have a big schlong.

Ask your mom, she's seen both.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Here come the 'roids

Yeah and I bet Don Q wishes he hadnt pissed me off.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Ask your mom, she's seen both.

She told me she had to lie to you when she said they were a good size because she felt sorry for you that your fat fingers were bigger than your dick.

CuckingFunt
10-10-2008, 12:48 PM

Both my TVs are hand-me-downs that are over 15 years old.

But, I'm not a poor Mexican, so your theory could still be accurate.

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 12:49 PM
She told me she had to lie to you when she said they were a good size because she felt sorry for you that your fat fingers were bigger than your dick.

The funny part is that you're admitting that your mother's a whore.

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
But, then again, she's from San Benito . . . it's to be expected.

PM5K
10-10-2008, 12:51 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/derailed.jpg

not really my thread though

PM5K
10-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh Shit It Is My Thread

Lol....

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
The funny part is that you're admitting that your mother's a whore.

But, then again, she's from San Benito . . . it's to be expected.

A whore she may be but at least she isn't a whore that swam across from Mexico like your mom. Then again thats to be expected from a woman from Brownsville.

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 12:54 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/derailed.jpg

not really my thread though

So, anyway, as I said before, KSAT is the only station being greedy so why should we feel sorry for them?

I say screw them.

Watch ABC shows online and wait until KSAT loses so much money that they'll come crawling back to TW and all will be as before.

ATRAIN
Oh Shit It Is My Thread

Lol....

I see your back from Fucking yourself.

peewee's lovechild
Oh Shit It Is My Thread

Lol....

:lmao

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
A whore she may be but at least she isn't a whore that swam across from Mexico like your mom. Then again thats to be expected from a woman from Brownsville.

:lmao:lmao

What's your mom's last name again??

Damn, your dumber than Viva, and that's pretty damn dumb.

PM5K
10-10-2008, 12:56 PM

So, anyway, as I said before, KSAT is the only station being greedy so why should we feel sorry for them?

I say screw them.

Watch ABC shows online and wait until KSAT loses so much money that they'll come crawling back to TW and all will be as before.

But are they really the only greedy ones, if you listen to KSAT they are saying they are the only ones whose carriage agreement has expired, which implies the same thing will happen when other stations carriage agreements expire.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 12:57 PM

I say screw them.

The thing I dont understand is why doesnt another ABC affiliate step in, is there like certain coverage areas that are assigned? Here in Austin KXAN (NBC) pulled out and certain areas around Austin are getting either the San Antonio affiliate, Waco, and Fredericksburg NBC stations. Sucks for most of Austin though because we cannot get either or.

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 12:57 PM
But are they really the only greedy ones, if you listen to KSAT they are saying they are the only ones whose carriage agreement has expired, which implies the same thing will happen when other stations carriage agreements expire.

That's only one side of the story.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 12:58 PM
:lmao:lmao

What's your mom's last name again??

Damn, your dumber than Viva, and that's pretty damn dumb.

Her last name is Smith.

Oh yeah well your mom is more of a whore than RashoFan and Maalox put together!! Whats up now?

PM5K
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
That's only one side of the story.

It certainly is, and since each side of the story is saying the exact opposite thing, who knows who the hell is telling the truth.

I do have to disagree with the notion that Time Warner Cable customers bills won't increase as a result of these negotiations.

If Time Warner currently isn't paying a fee for retransmission, and they begin to, who does KSAT think will pay for that?

If they were to ask what LIN asked for, which is a penny per day per subscriber, and let's say Time Warner has 250,000 subscribers out of a population of 1.3 million (and that could be an overestimate on my part) but let's use those numbers anyway:

That comes out to 900,000 a year, if all three networks ask the same that's 2.7 million a year, does anyone here think Time Warner is just going to eat that?

AlamoSpursFan
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Oh yeah well your mom is more of a whore than RashoFan and Maalox put together!! Whats up now?

WTF???

PM5K
10-10-2008, 01:37 PM
WTF???

WTF?

RandomGuy
10-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I heard a radio ad the other day, where Time Warner was all "BOO HOO, big mean ol' local station is picking on us..." and gave some lame-ass website where you can sign up in the crusade to help TW.

WTF??

Some local TV station is picking on a multi-billion dollar juggernaut?

My heart bleeds... NOT.

AlamoSpursFan
10-10-2008, 01:56 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/AlamoSpursFan/140985944_1f615275a8.jpg

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 01:57 PM
WTF???

WTF?

WTF!!??

PM5K
10-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I've really come to the conclusion that if KSAT and Time Warner aren't willing to tell us everything about their negotiations, then they shouldn't tell us anything.

For example, I read this on a Wikipedia page in regards to retransmission consent agreements:

"Networks have usually attempted to gain further distribution of cable services in which they also hold an equity position rather than direct cash compensation"

So is KSAT asking for direct cash compensation or other considerations?

Without knowing things like that it's hard to take any particular stance one way or another, if KSAT is asking for cash compensation how much are they asking for, again it would be hard to believe Time Warner would eat almost a million dollars a year without passing it on to customers.

Since KSAT has said their negotiations won't affect cable customers bills, does that mean they are asking for other considerations and if so what kind?

AlamoSpursFan
10-10-2008, 01:59 PM
WTF!!??

Nice...I like what you've done with your punctuation grouping there.

AlamoSpursFan
10-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Since KSAT has said their negotiations won't affect cable customers bills, does that mean they are asking for other considerations and if so what kind?

I'm guessing Jim Joslyn wants to add Showtime and Cinemax, but doesn't want to pay for it...

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Nice...I like what you've done with your punctuation grouping there.

yeah it was a statement and question at the same time.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
I thought the cable company HAD to carry the local channels. Isnt there a law about that?

PM5K
10-10-2008, 02:11 PM
I thought the cable company HAD to carry the local channels. Isnt there a law about that?

Here we go again: Local stations can enforce their must-carry rights but can't ask for cash or any other types of considerations.

If they want cash or other considerations they have to work out a retransmission consent agreement, and if they don't have one, or an extension, Time Warner cannot carry that channel.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Here we go again: Local stations can enforce their must-carry rights but can't ask for cash or any other types of considerations.

If they want cash or other considerations they have to work out a retransmission consent agreement, and if they don't have one, or an extension, Time Warner cannot carry that channel.

oh ok, thank you. LOL did you talk about this before, I was too lazy to go back and read. My bad, so I guess not only do I have a low IQ but im lazy too...FUCK!!

peewee's lovechild
10-10-2008, 02:27 PM
oh ok, thank you. LOL did you talk about this before, I was too lazy to go back and read. My bad, so I guess not only do I have a low IQ but im lazy too...FUCK!!

We all knew that.

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
We all knew that.

Up yours Mojado

ATRAIN
10-10-2008, 02:29 PM