Nbadan
09-09-2008, 10:00 PM
dude....seriously....remember Y2K?

cool hand
09-09-2008, 10:05 PM
nobody was fucking with bosons in Y2K.

ggoose25
09-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I dont give much weight to this since people have been talking about the end days since human civilization began.

Even if it does end tomorrow, I'll be in a better place.

Slomo
09-10-2008, 03:57 AM
A much better explanation:

j50ZssEojtM

:p:

Wild Cobra
09-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Well, they threaded it today. The experiments begin in October.

Look on the bright side...

Those of you doom-dayers don't need to worry about the November elections.

101A
09-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Will we feel it, or will it be, like, lights out, nothing exists anymore?

Wild Cobra
09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Will we feel it, or will it be, like, lights out, nothing exists anymore?
Assuming there is a danger, and a quantum level disaster occurs, I would assume the enegy and interactions would at a minimum, create a crater in the area large enough to send shock waves across the world and global cooling due to the expelled dust. If it were to create a chain reaction at the gluon level similar to the chain reaction in a fussion reaction, I think the entire planet would be gone in under 300 milli-seconds.

However, I don't believe any of that will occur.

101A
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Assuming there is a danger, and a quantum level disaster occurs, I would assume the enegy and interactions would at a minimum, create a crater in the area large enough to send shock waves across the world and global cooling due to the expelled dust. If it were to create a chain reaction at the gluon level similar to the chain reaction in a fussion reaction, I think the entire planet would be gone in under 300 milli-seconds.

So this is just planetary? Not universal apocalypse?

MaNuMaNiAc
09-10-2008, 03:25 PM
:lol @ people seriously worrying about this. Don't you have anything better to do??

EDIT: Obviously not... dumb question

101A
09-10-2008, 03:27 PM
:lol @ people seriously worrying about this. Don't you have anything better to do??

Practice understanding American humor.

09-10-2008, 04:03 PM

So, crossing the streams is bad?

Brutalis
09-10-2008, 04:07 PM
A much better explanation:

j50ZssEojtM

:p:

I felt gay just watching that man.

Wild Cobra
09-10-2008, 04:18 PM
So this is just planetary? Not universal apocalypse?

We know so little about quarks, gluons, etc. It would be impossible for me to say what the limitations of a quantum disaster would be.

Wild Cobra
09-10-2008, 04:20 PM

I have no fear of the project.

I just thought I would play with that 'panic button.' Afterall, one of the particles they are looking for is the "God Particle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_particle)!"