PDA

View Full Version : Hedo > Barry

SequSpur
02-09-2005, 10:22 PM
I must say it. Barry has amounted to nothing this year, a few flashes and thats all. Hedo with another year of corporate knowledge would've been better.

I must go now.

Kori Ellis
02-09-2005, 10:22 PM
:lmao

You are the biggest Hedo hater of all time. So this thread is an instant classic.

Dre_7
02-09-2005, 10:23 PM
LOL Sequ, you're hillarious! Sometimes you're posts are so ridiculous. I enjoy the comedy you bring to this bored, though. Keep it up!

Dre_7
02-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Dang Kori, you are quick!

T Park
02-09-2005, 10:24 PM
HEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS THE PICTURE!!!!

lmfao :rolling

Phenomanul
02-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Manu's monster game at Phoenix overshadowed the reason why we brought Barry...

We knew he could step it up when it mattered... well we didn't know.... but Barry definitely showed he had a bigger pair.....

He hit 3 huge threes in that game... Hedo would have faded....

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 11:06 PM
finally some sense from Sequ. I guess Barry only hits the big shot when the game is already over. When the hell is Barry gonna put two good games back to back? Especially when it is needed like tonight.

Manu's monster game at Phoenix overshadowed the reason why we brought Barry...

We knew he could step it up when it mattered... well we didn't know.... but Barry definitely showed he had a bigger pair.....

He hit 3 huge threes in that game... Hedo would have faded....Please remind me when Barry came through big when he was needed other than one game in PHX?

xcoriate
02-10-2005, 12:07 AM
He hit a three down the stretch tonight, was icecold all night, came on towards the end of the game a nailed it. He makes big shots.

GoSpurs21
02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
He hit a three down the stretch tonight, was icecold all night, came on towards the end of the game a nailed it. He makes big shots.He hit the shot after the game was decided where was the made shots when it really counted?

baseline bum
02-10-2005, 12:24 AM
The Spurs need the 6'10" vagina back so they could get fvcked like tonight more often.

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/customavatars/avatar676_6.gif

Mark in Austin
02-10-2005, 12:30 AM
^^^ :lol

whottt
02-10-2005, 01:17 AM
finally some sense from Sequ. I guess Barry only hits the big shot when the game is already over.

Um, you do realize Barry didn't play in the second half until there were 32 seconds left in the game, right?

Nothing like being iced for an hour and then asked to come in and end a shooting slump eh?

Smart coaching no doubt.

You are right though...Barry couldn't do it so let's hear your suggestion for who should be asked to fill that role....

Devin? Sounds good...he only blows point blank layups.
Manu? Too bad we didn't let him shoot it tonight...

When the hell is Barry gonna put two good games back to back? Especially when it is needed like tonight.

More like, hey let's wait until he missed a key shot for the first time this season, then act like he's missed them all season long.

Please remind me when Barry came through big when he was needed other than one game in PHX?

Wow, yet another Spur fan who has the basketball "perception" to ingore all the contributions of a player all season long, rip him after a loss, and then ask for examples of contributions by said player that the Spur fan wasn't observant enough to notice the first time around...

How insightful, how rare. :rolleyes

GoSpurs21
02-10-2005, 01:57 AM
whott, so you are a Barry backer...big fucking deal...maybe the big donut (in the first half) was the reason he didnt play much in the second half. Please remind me again why this guy deserves more minutes? He doesnt play defense very well and cant hit shots when it doesnt matter (except in the 4th quarter when the game is over). You can claim anything you want on ifs, but you are being just like me when you think he is the answer but doesnt produce when he's given the chance. I was really hopeful he would be better than Hedo when the Spurs first signed him in July last summer, but I have only been disappointed. Please convince me why I should continue to be blindingly supporting him, when he continues to disappoint. If you say he needs >20 mins per game to show his worth, I only say, why the fuck does he need that much time? why can't he dazzle with less time? The Spurs can't afford his defensive liability for that long.

By the way I started ripping on Barry since Dec. I am still waiting for Barry to put together 2 (only two) solid games. I'm sorry if my standards are higher then yours but he should be hitting his shots this late in the season.

myhc
02-10-2005, 02:25 AM
That's why I love this board. Monster meltdowns after every Spurs loss, giving up on players in the name of "analyzing" the team, classic "who would you take parker or beno?" arguments, and we're tied for the best record in the league! You guys is craaaaaaaazeeeeee! Keem em coming! :lol :spin

usckk
02-10-2005, 03:26 AM
Hey, I'm one of them. When ever the Spurs lose, people know not to talk to me because I'm always in a "pissy" mood.

SequSpur
02-10-2005, 09:17 PM
bump.......

SpursWoman
02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
HEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS THE PICTURE!!!!

lmfao :rolling

HEEEDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mailbling.com/sequ1.jpg

Walton Buys Off Me
02-10-2005, 09:32 PM
While I don't agree with the statement, I'll say this; Barry has been a huge disappointment thus far and I'm pretty concerned with his inconsistency this close to playoffs.

ALVAREZ6
02-10-2005, 09:35 PM
I don't blame Barry for his "terrible play"

I totally agree with whottt, as a coach, you can't wait 2 hours and then put in a back up guard , you need to gradually give him playing time, or else he will just come in and shoot pretty bad.

Coming off the bench after sitting so long, without barely even standing up, and you expect him to knock down some 3's? That's unrealistic.

If we had Barry as a starter, regardless if it is a smart move, his shooting% would go up.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Fuck, if only everyone on this team got to play 30 minutes every game, they'd all be in the ASG.

SPARKY
02-10-2005, 09:38 PM
I think Hedo has been unfairly dumped on in this forum, given that defensively he had progressed much more significantly than Barry had by this point last season.

Hedo for 6 years and $39 million was not attractive and I believe the Spurs made the right call on that. But if he was available for something shorter and closer to $20 mil I wouldn't have been surprised for the Spurs to have brought him back.

To me the real comparison to make when it comes to second guessing moves in free agency last summer was the choice of Barry over Stephen Jackson. Sure, in Indiana Jack was in an environment which could lead him to doing crazy shit. But put him in SA and we saw what he could be.

Think about this lineup together for the next 4 years or so...

1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 SJackson
4 Duncan
5 Nesterovic

SequSpur
02-10-2005, 09:39 PM
If you look at Barry's stats and multiplied them into 48 minutes, he would be a MVP candidate.

LMFAO.

Sound familiar homer asses?

whottt
02-10-2005, 09:50 PM
And if you benched Stephen Jackson for lesser reasons than what Barry gets benched for we wouldn't have won the 02-03 title.

It sure is good to know that Hedo never went 1-7 while with the Spurs. I didn't realize that. Maybe Pop going down on Hedo non stop obstructed my view of reality.

whottt
02-10-2005, 09:55 PM
It's too bad Barry sucks...because if he didn't he'd be shooting .427 like Hedo instead of the .425 he is currently shooting.

I know, I know...but Hedo doesn't play with Duncan...and it's obvious that playing with Duncan has drastically improved Barry's PCT's.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Hedo's deal was too big -- as was Jackson's.

Barry could be better.

2centsworth
02-10-2005, 10:07 PM
bARRY AND DEVIN both suck big balls last night.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-10-2005, 10:11 PM
The Spurs need the 6'10" vagina back so they could get fvcked like tonight more often.

Now that's allota vagina!!!

http://www.destinationhollywood.com/movies/austinpowers/images/austin_20.jpg

taruky
02-11-2005, 07:23 AM
The Magic are ECSTATIC with Hedo's deal. Given how he's played this year it was a bargain.

waly.mg
02-11-2005, 08:54 AM
In the Suns Game Barry hit more Clutch Threes than Hedo in All his Live

Phenomanul
02-11-2005, 09:52 AM
In the Suns Game Barry hit more Clutch Threes than Hedo in All his Live

That I can recall Hedo only hit one big three as a Spur. The one to take the game into overtime against Indiana.

Barry in the Phoenix game (which by the way wasn't decided even with Ginobili going crazy) hit 3 consecutive treys. They were all huge, icecold shots.

That cannot be overlooked.

Pop's defensive demands on Barry are unrealistic considering Barry was an efficient player long before he arrived in SA. Pop's requirements hinder Barry. If I'm not mistaken, we brought him in for his offense not his defense. We have enough defensive players in SA for Pop to even ask Barry to become Bowen. They have way different roles because Barry can create for others...

Has he underachieved this season??? Sure he has... But I guarantee it has alot to do with Pop trying to convert his game when he really shouldn't.

Remember that "man to man" defense is not as crucial to the Spurs because everyone driving to the lane should be funneled to Duncan and Nesterovic (unless you are Bowen guarding the other team's best player or Parker trying to halt the opponent's offense by slowing down their point guard). So people bashing Barry for his defense probably don't understand the concept all that well. Sure he get's beat off the dribble, but by that point a screen or pick rotation was already screwed up...

Spurs defense is team oriented. It really isn't a disastrous liability to stick Barry in there with the starters considering they are all good defenders. Let Barry do his thing.

Que Gee
02-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Barry has bee consistent for 10 years. The biggest problem is his fluctuation with minutes. I truly believe Pop is the one who hasn't figured it out yet. He doesn't know when to use, or not use him. The guy only gets 5 shots a game, because for whatever reason T Parker refuses drive and dish to him while he literally standing waiting for the ball behind the 3pt line. He shot 50% for the month of January, and if he goes on another decent run in the next 4 or 5 games, he'll be closer to the 40% which is his career average. He was brought here to open up the game for TD and company, but the other issue is, he rarely plays with Duncan. How the hell is he supposed to get decent shots, while dumping the ball down low to Malik Rose. He has been a starter his whole career, and a point guard for that matter, for the last two seasons.

Barry needs to be playing with Duncan, Parker, Bowen etc...Look at his stats when he starts games for the Spurs! I don't think thats a coincidence. They go up, because the post up threat down low isn't Rasho Nesterovic, and the point guard, isn't Beno, and the other off guard isn't Devin Brown...So before you start knocking Barry, look at the whole picture of what is going on out there. He's the best passer on the team, still plays better defense than Hedo, and you know what, he has NEVER averaged more than 10pts a game...So if the Spurs are really going to utilize his skills, let him play some more point, instead of Beno, and if he is playing a 2 or a 3, get him in there with Timmy for Crissakes!

taruky
02-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Barry plays better defense than Hedo my ass. On another note, seems like all the Argentinians are still bitter about Hedo starting instead of their beloved Manu. Very short memories it seems, because the fact is that Hedo hit tons of clutch threes for the Spurs, especially when Duncan was out last year. Remove the flags draped over your eyes for a few moments and watch him this season.

Que Gee
02-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Your ass it is then....You can say he doesn't play better defense, but no one in here can say he plays WORSE defense than Hedo.

waly.mg
02-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Hedoīs defense was get the Deffensive Rebound after a Missed Free Throw

Yes, we, the argentinians always think, thatīs a big mistake Hedo as a Starter

The Fact is with Hedo we Lost the Last Year

Without Hedo, 2003 Champions and #1 Seed in the 2005

The move, donīt work

Phenomanul
02-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Barry plays better defense than Hedo my ass. On another note, seems like all the Argentinians are still bitter about Hedo starting instead of their beloved Manu. Very short memories it seems, because the fact is that Hedo hit tons of clutch threes for the Spurs, especially when Duncan was out last year. Remove the flags draped over your eyes for a few moments and watch him this season.

Hedo is in fact a better defensive player than Barry... I never said anything about Hedo being bad defensively.

Hedo disappeared in big games....

other than the three I pointed out what other "big" shots did Hedo make in the clutch...????

S4Spur21
02-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Wow..... I would take Barry over Hedo any day......

BigVee
02-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I watched Hedo all last year and all I remember is a bunch of clutch misses.

Phenomanul
02-11-2005, 06:35 PM
More like clanks.........

caŪlo
02-11-2005, 07:01 PM
if well count all the clutch shots both players made (or has made) for the spurs. whos gonna win?

honestly. i dont remember any clutch shot made by hedo last year.

or maybe its just my poor old memory.

barry has a few already.