PDA

View Full Version : So does George Hill make it on our roster?

ulosturedge
09-09-2008, 11:35 PM
I wonder when the decision needs to be made weather he is brought onto the Spurs 2008-2009 roster or if he is sent down to the development league. You think we will see him in pre-season games?

angelbelow
09-09-2008, 11:36 PM
he'll make it. we need him..

Obstructed_View
09-09-2008, 11:42 PM
If he isn't signed to a contract the entire coaching staff and front office should be fired.

ulosturedge
09-09-2008, 11:43 PM
He's guaranteed a contract isn't he? And I guess we will find out once October hits.

MrChug
09-10-2008, 12:16 AM
he'll make it. we need him..

Well said.

He's proven in the Summer camps that he has Tony's early errors and Manu's craziness. I think Pop can reel that in in a positive way.

DPG21920
09-10-2008, 12:18 AM
He's guaranteed a contract isn't he? And I guess we will find out once October hits.

No he is not guaranteed a contract. He had to receive a required tendered offer by a certain date or he would of become a rookie Free Agent. That offer can either: be rejected by Hill or revoked by the Spurs.

He can become a Free Agent if the Spurs do not sign him to an offer, contract or if they renounce his rights.

The only thing he is guaranteed is a scale that determines the range of his salary based on his draft position. That amount is also negotiable. You can negotiate between 80% and 120% of the Rookie Scale Contract.

kobyz
09-10-2008, 06:01 AM
this is a mystery, the spurs need to let us - the fans to know what happen with the hill situation!

mrspurs
09-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Put it this way, if Hill played fair in the Summer League he woulda been signed already. I saw his every play. Not only did he look lost, he wasnt as fast and quick as most said he was. As for his defensive skills, that can be worked on. But not sure during the season. Another reason I think he hasnt been signed yet is because of the injury to Manu. And the signing of Roger. We need help right now, not later on down the road. Hopefully they wait and sign him then trade him and bonner for a big who can help Timmy.

urunobili
09-10-2008, 08:05 AM
He is looking like Trade Bait Fodder... his non signing is just the proof of that

Indazone
09-10-2008, 08:28 AM
this dude shoulda been a 50th pick or so....

He might turn into something but c'mon the Spurs took a huge risk taking someone from the what "jaguar league"? If he had proven himself among elite competition, that would have minimized his risk.

Bruno
09-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Welcome to our daily "why Spurs haven't signed Hill?" thread. :downspin:

urunobili
09-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Welcome to our daily "why Spurs haven't signed Hill?" thread. :downspin:

are you calling out timvp with this post? :stirpot: