PDA

View Full Version : First loss in awhile not hard to accept?

Rummpd
02-09-2005, 10:47 PM
On the road vs. a good team. For some reason not upset over loss even though Spurs had a lead = seemed to play hard throughout and at least from the NBA audio feed sounded like got little love from refs.

I also, knew it wasn't Spurs night when Manu missed two fts and then later got a offensive rebound at a crucial time off a FT miss and Spurs threw it away. Plus it sounded like all night Spurs were clanking 3s most of time.

For some reason, not upset by this loss unless those that we really gave away - tonight played a pretty darn good team tough with our MVP down. Even though they were without Hughes losing an interior stud hurts a team more.

Think with or without Duncan they can play small ball vs. Kidd and Carter pretty well and head into Miami at 41 and 11.

No worries yet (unless #21 stays out Miami too - I will panic)

SequSpur
02-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Are you high?

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 10:50 PM
I predicted the 8 point loss. Thus, I was expecting it.

Not too hard for me to accept. I saw it coming.

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Are you high?

Are you offering?

boutons
02-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Fuck the b2b excuse (they had 4 days off and a tiny hop from Charlotte),

fuck the road excuse,

fuck the "Wiz is a good" team excuse (they suck, 7th place in NBA, 9 games back from Spurs, only play offense, not in the same league as Spurs),

Down only 6 pts to start the 4th, the Spurs faced a good, toughening test to save the game, but the defense allowed 32 pts in the 4th quarter (as is our habit in give-away losses).

Spurs were outrebounded, ourscored in the paint, shot for shit overall, and esp way too many 3's taken and way too many 3's missed, too many layups missed, etc, etc. When the Spurs suck, they really, really suck all the way.

If we were the Heat, 6 games ahead of the 2nd EC place team, one could shrug this shitty loss as having no effect on the HCA.

On April 20th, if the Spurs are 1 gameback on PHX and have lost HCA, remember avoidable, give-away losses like tonight as we start the PHX series with 2 games @PHX.

Jdspur20
02-09-2005, 11:10 PM
all i know is, i'd rather duncan sit this game out than him being injured longer.

Rummpd
02-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Bouton: Relax, Spurs are going to lose some games. They could have won but you just cannot fault the effort of a core group. Still on track with 31 games left to win 60+ some games. Tonights loss is not one to blame it on - lost with MVP out, end of story. Plus they are 3/4 on a road trip, pretty damm good anytime, any scenario.

SequSpur: No I am not, just realistic not negative like you in all things, all the time. I may say I applaud your consistency, after championship is won this year looking forward to the negative takes.

myhc
02-09-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm not upset about this loss. I was predicting it.

boutons
02-09-2005, 11:47 PM
"Spurs are going to lose some games"

I never said they weren't. I expect them to lose 5 more games at least, would be very happy losing 5 more games, to go 66 - 16, but to do that, we can only lose games where we get beat by teams playing great ball.

eg, had PHX lost last night, it would not have been a give-away like the bad-playing Spurs tonight, it would have because PHX played very well, played their game, but SAC would have played a tiny bit better, got a late break or two.

Another eg, is how PHX lost @MEM. It took a fantastic, tough game by MEM to win, PHX played very well, gave away nothing,

Since PHX has only lost so far by getting beat, I assume they will continue that consistency through 20 Apr. THAT's why I nor the Spurs can relax. It's already an extremely tight HCA race with a very consistent opponent.

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 11:51 PM
"Spurs are going to lose some games"

I never said they weren't. I expect them to lose 5 more games at least, would be very happy losing 5 more games, to go 66 - 16, but to do that, we can only lose games where we get beat by teams playing great ball.

eg, had PHX lost last night, it would not have been a give-away like the bad-playing Spurs tonight, it would have because PHX played very well, played their game, but SAC would have played a tiny bit better, got a late break or two.

Another eg, is how PHX lost @MEM. It took a fantastic, tough game by MEM to win, PHX played very well, gave away nothing,

Since PHX has only lost so far by getting beat, I assume they will continue that consistency through 20 Apr. THAT's why I nor the Spurs can relax. It's already an extremely tight HCA race with a very consistent opponent.

They'll lose a lot more than 5 the rest of the way. Better get used to that fact right now.

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 11:56 PM
They'll lose a lot more than 5 the rest of the way. Better get used to that fact right now.at least their (Tim Duncan) leader wont be regurgitating chucky soup in the huddle in the big games...Poser fan

milkyway21
02-10-2005, 12:06 AM
i'm not really bitter over that loss against the Wzrds tonight until I read this:

[B]FIRST TIME ALL-STAR STARS ARENAS & JAMISON SHOWED WHY THEY WERE SELECTED TO THE ALL-STAR GAME

this is BS. Everytime these guys have beaten the Spurs it seems like their team was better or they'won something.

i feel bad for TP, you know. He has 24 pts,8rbds, 9 assists and it means nothing bec. his team lost.

IceColdBrewski
02-10-2005, 12:09 AM
i'm not really bitter over that loss against the Wzrds tonight until I read this:

[B]FIRST TIME ALL-STAR STARS ARENAS & JAMISON SHOWED WHY THEY WERE SELECTED TO THE ALL-STAR GAME

this is BS. Everytime these guys have beaten the Spurs it seems like their team was better or they'won something.

i feel bad for TP, you know. He has 24 pts,8rbds, 9 assists and it means nothing bec. his team lost.

Parker played well. He did a nice job.

I'd still take Arenas.

milkyway21
02-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Parker played well. He did a nice job.

I'd still take Arenas.
...there's no guaranty Arenas can carry his team to win the NBA title.
...Parker has proven that he can.

..I'd take TP :rolleyes

IceColdBrewski
02-10-2005, 12:15 AM
...there's no guaranty Arenas can carry his team to win the NBA title.
...Parker has proven that he can.

..I'd take TP :rolleyes

Parker was bailed out by Kerr and Claxton the last time we took the title. Which games were you watching?

milkyway21
02-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Parker was bailed out by Kerr and Claxton the last time we took the title. Which games were you watching?in as much as i was amazed on Kerr's 3s in Dallas and Claxton's contribution in game 6 vs. Nets, I just don't want to forget & ignore TP's contribution for the other 60 wins in the regular season and in the 1st rnd of the playoffs. Memphis was even preparing plays vs. Parker bec. he was unstoppable in that round. Am I right? :rolleyes

NZHayden
02-10-2005, 04:51 AM
I know why we lost. Marks didnt get any court time! just kidding im just making a dick of myself

ShoogarBear
02-10-2005, 05:31 AM
just kidding im just making a dick of myself

Well, we don't tolerate that sort of behavior around here.

NZHayden
02-10-2005, 06:31 AM
^^^
haha im scared lol. lighten up man

FromWayDowntown
02-10-2005, 01:22 PM
fuck the "Wiz is a good" team excuse (they suck, 7th place in NBA, 9 games back from Spurs, only play offense, not in the same league as Spurs),

So, some teams with Top 10 records are not good? Where do we draw the line, oh sage of team strength? Here I was thinking that a team's record at around the 50 game stage was a pretty good barometer of whether they are good or not. Silly me.

Shelly
02-10-2005, 01:29 PM
http://www.forevermemorials.com/honarc/H/jhamilton/images/cliffdive2.jpg

boutons
02-10-2005, 03:18 PM
"silly me"

you're being way too easy on yourself.

EVERY EC team's record is padded with games to EC teams. We went through this issue last spring about the Poohcers.

And also about the road record of the EC Top3 last season, DET, NJ, IND, who were 0 - 12 on the road against the Top4 WC seeds.

I looked up the Wiz record against WC top teams and the Wiz were something like 4 - 13 before the Spurs game. THAT's a good measure of how shitty the Wiz are, NOT the total EC-biased W-L record.

TwoHandJam
02-10-2005, 03:24 PM
I agree the Spurs didn't play very well. Had we gotten anything from Barry or Brown resembling their averages we might have squeeked out a win.

boutons
02-10-2005, 03:45 PM
"anything from Barry or Brown"

nah, what really killed us was the Spurs defense allowing 32 pts in the 4th qtr, when the Spurs needed to make up 6 pts in the 4th.

For all the Spurs offensive no-shows last night against the worst defensive team in NBA, the Spurs offense came through awfully damn well in the 4th with 27 pts, more than enough to win, but the Spurs defense disappeared. GAMEOVER.

MosesGuthrie
02-10-2005, 04:00 PM
all i know is, i'd rather duncan sit this game out than him being injured longer.

agreed.

although, I can never accept losing.

TwoHandJam
02-10-2005, 04:21 PM
"anything from Barry or Brown"

nah, what really killed us was the Spurs defense allowing 32 pts in the 4th qtr, when the Spurs needed to make up 6 pts in the 4th.

For all the Spurs offensive no-shows last night against the worst defensive team in NBA, the Spurs offense came through awfully damn well in the 4th with 27 pts, more than enough to win, but the Spurs defense disappeared. GAMEOVER.Six of one or half-dozen of the other. Regardless of our output in the 4th, our 87pts was still 10pts below our average so if our offense had been better, we might have still won with subpar defense. This is pretty glaring especially considering the Wiz are the worst team in the league defensively.

Barry and Brown were terrible.

Nikos
02-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Washington is simply NOT the worst defensive team in the league.

They are ranked 19th in defensive points per possesion. Much better indicator than pure opponent FG% or opponent PPG.

http://members.rogers.com/edkupfer/nba/team_stats_small.htm

orhe
02-10-2005, 09:15 PM
it was just a bad night...
it might be because we really never got in any scoring mood. refs weren't calling a lot of thing.

i wasn't really disappointed i like washington a lot. especially when larry hughes was playing