19. Bob Bass
20. Malik Rose
21. Robert Horry
22. Red McCombs
23. Doug Moe
24. Terry Cummings
25. Mario Elie

------------------------------

To pass the time until the start of preseason, let's see how SpursTalk.com ranks the Top 50 Spurs. Those eligible for the list include all players, coaches and owners. I don't want to define "top" too narrowly, but I think the best way to do it would be to think of the list as a list of the 50 most influential people who have helped make the Spurs one of the most successful franchises in the history of sport.

For more information on what we are doing, check out this thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103061).

In this thread, we will vote for spot number 26. Please place your vote. If you will, also explain in this thread why you voted how you did.

Thanks.

P.S.

Poll options listed in alphabetical order. If you want to vote for someone not on the list, post in the thread and I'll add the person.

Voting will end 2AM CST Thursday morning.

Please vote only once.

timvp
09-10-2008, 05:29 AM
For this pick, the ones I'm considering are Billy Paultz, Willie Anderson and Robert McDermott.

urunobili
09-10-2008, 05:32 AM
So assistant coaches get zero love until the 40's? :wow

Kona
09-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Willie Anderson!

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-10-2008, 10:25 AM
The Whopper!!!!

FromWayDowntown
09-10-2008, 11:16 AM
I went with the Whopper here, because of the players remaining on the list, he had the longest run of sustained good play for teams that played at a high level. It's easy, though, I think to interchange Paultz and Willie here.

The only other consideration here for me was Albeck, who doesn't get enough love for getting the Spurs to back-to-back conference finals (until Pop pulled that off in 07 and 08, Albeck was the only Spurs coach to get consecutive teams that deep into the playoffs).

polandprzem
09-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Mike Budenholzer

ambchang
09-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Come on! Elie over McDermott?

Brutalis
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Change my pick from Vinny to Willie. I didn't mean to have him selected.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Four votes for Nesterovic????!!!!!

If Rasho Nesterovic appears anywhere in the top 50 I swear I'm going to hunt AngelLuv and her euro white-boy loving ass down.

:madrun

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-10-2008, 04:11 PM
So assistant coaches get zero love until the 40's? :wow

Being how you voted for Billy Paultz, I guess not.

The Truth #6
09-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Before Willie's tib-fib went out on him he was pretty damn good. His turnaround jumper from the middle of the lane was money. I'm voting for him. I came in at the mid-80s so my memories of The Whopper, sadly, are too vague for me to vote for him, though I'm sure he was solid.

Other than Pop it's difficult for me to vote for non-players. Albeck deserves some love as does Sam Presti, but not at this pick in my opinion.

After this pick I think it gets very difficult to prioritize people's contributions.

People are going to have a fit but at some point we have to consider Rodman. His letdown vs. Houston was tragic, but only because he raised the bar so high through his stellar play. Without Rodman, 50 wouldn't have been able to focus on other things, such as getting that scoring title. He was clearly the best pure rebounder we've had. His contribution was brief but intense, just like Willie.

Also, Rod Strickland should get considered in the next 10 picks in my opinion.

baseline bum
09-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Four votes for Nesterovic????!!!!!

If Rasho Nesterovic appears anywhere in the top 50 I swear I'm going to hunt AngelLuv and her euro white-boy loving ass down.

The guy wasn't even in the rotation for the 05 title, Slovenian dumbfucks.

timvp
09-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Chill versus The Whopper is a close one. Willie Anderson had one of the best rookie seasons in Spurs history and followed it up with a very good sophomore season where he played especially well in the playoffs. The unfortunate part about Anderson is he started having shin splint problems in his third year and his career went downhill fast. He tried to recover but those shin splints eventually made him a liability.

Paultz had four and a half solid years with the Spurs. He was an All-Star in the ABA and was on the Spurs team that made the transition from the ABA to the NBA. His career stats with the Spurs are 14.2 points, 8.6 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks per game. Plus he has more rebounds and blocks in Spurs history than anyone not on this list.

I'm going with Paultz.

manufor3
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
presti

ChuckD
09-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Has their been a rash of brain removals on the sly? Billy fucking Paultz or Willie Anderson over Stephen Jackson? WTF?

Obstructed_View
09-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Has their been a rash of brain removals on the sly? Billy fucking Paultz or Willie Anderson over Stephen Jackson? WTF?

Willie scored more points in his last healthy year with the Spurs than Jack did in his entire time on the team. Again, if TC is in this spot on the list, Willie has to be there, too. You should be annoyed that Rasho's going to be higher on the list than Jack, too.

Cloud786
09-10-2008, 11:20 PM
If Rasho is higher than Jax, then this list loses all credibility.

The Truth #6
09-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Fucking Frank Brickowski had a better career with the Spurs than Rasho.

The Truth #6
09-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Also, timvp, it's time we get Ed Nealy on that voting list, fast!