PDA

View Full Version : This time I’ll start -10, but I am calm (by Manu) Translation

urunobili
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM
This time I’ll start -10, but I am calm

By Manu www.manuginobili.com
Translation by urunobili

Truth is I am surprised of how I have reacted so far. I have always been hyperactive and after my first surgery and my first cast, I have to act very different of how I really am. I have prepared myself mentally to behave on a patient way. It’s been already 4 days without leaving my house and so far I am having a good time. My wife, as always, gives me a great hand to make everything work.

I don’t know if there are any details I could share about the operation that you don’t know already. It was an arthroscopy. They did several cuts from where a camera, light and whatever they need get in to clean and correct things. Despite the fact that it was with total anesthesia and I couldn’t see what they were doing live, they gave me a DVD and the following day I sneaked it to see how everything was done.

The thing that made me very calm was that the doctor (Richard Frenkel) told me that, apart from the injury, the ankle is fine. He told me that many times they open and they find surprises because of other problems. Luckily it wasn’t my case.

Now at home, I go over my days watching movies. All very sedentary, flat. If I have to recommend one of the movies I’ve seen, I liked “Gone baby gone”, that in Argentina was known as “Desaparecio una noche”. It is not new, but I am seeing a little bit of everything, recovering some time. The ones I don’t have on DVD I see them in some of the 200 movie channels I get on my cable service.

I also followed on TV the US Open Tennis Semi Finals and Finals. I wasn’t able to see Juan Martin Del Potro play (upcoming Argie Tennis player), because when he played with Murray I was undergoing surgery in LA.

They advised me to have lots of rest and to try to have my leg up as much as I can and that’s what I have been trying to do. When not in that position, I use the crutches and every once in a while I go to my PC to surf on the Internet.

Although I am still far from Basketball, I am following some news and player movement around the NBA of course. Mainly of the West Conference teams, where the teams I play more often reside. The most important thing is that the Clippers reinforced very well with Marcus Camby and Baron Davis, but they also had to let Elton Brand go. And Houston, that was a very important rival already, will be more powerful with Ron Artest that is a great player.

It is also having lots of attention the players leaving for Europe because of the better salaries. If you ask me if I’d go back there, the first thing I have to say is that I will always prefer to stay in San Antonio.

But one never knows what could happen. If one day I get traded and they send me to a city I don’t like or that I don’t feel comfortable here in the United States, I would think it. But that is something anyone would do. Even Kobe Bryant said that for the right amount of money he would leave the NBA.

Anyway this is all speculation and I am with the rehab “chip” to recover soon. Normally I would have started training by the end of the month, but I’ll have to go little by little. Despite I don’t feel any pain; I won’t be able to step on my foot so far. Tomorrow I’ll get the cast removed to remove the sewing material and they’ll give me a boot. I imagine that later we’ll go over some recovery exercises like pool. I won’t start from zero this time. This time I’ll start -10, but I am calm, filling myself with patience and thinking in doing things best possible to play again.

tp2021
09-10-2008, 09:59 AM
It is also having lots of attention the players leaving for Europe because of the better salaries. If you ask me if I’d go back there, the first thing I have to say is that I will always prefer to stay in San Antonio.

:tu

But one never knows what could happen. If one day I get traded and they send me to a city I don’t like or that I don’t feel comfortable here in the United States, I would think it. But that is something anyone would do. Even Kobe Bryant said that for the right amount of money he would leave the NBA.
Rather not think about it... :depressed

carina_gino20
09-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the translation. Glad to know he's dealing with the rehab well. Still, he must be driving his wife crazy. :lol

Streakyshooter08
09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Good read. I am happy that they did not find any "surprise" injury. I hope Manu will take his time and come back very strong.

Get well Manu!

rAm
09-10-2008, 11:01 AM
It’s been already 4 days without leaving my house and so far I am having a good time. My wife, as always, gives me a great hand to make everything work.

I bet she's giving him a great "hand".

koriwhat
09-10-2008, 11:31 AM
manu is a warrior! i cant wait to see him back on the court. get well ginobili!

Obstructed_View
09-10-2008, 12:02 PM
When not in that position, I use the crutches and every once in a while I go to my PC to surf on the Internet.

Time for a "Get well soon Manu" thread, and mods could stick it at the top of the forum.

benefactor
09-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Seems like he is taking the right approach. I am not worried about him right now. My biggest worry is that we start off slow and he feels the need to get back into the lineup too quickly because of it.

Brutalis
09-10-2008, 12:35 PM
That was a good read. He has plenty of time to get his bald spot fixed too!

smeagol
09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
This could end up being a great thing for Manu and the for the Spurs. If Manu misses one or two months, this will not jeopardize thier chances of making the playoffs. And if Manu is completely healthy the rest of the season . . . well, that is obviously the best news for the Spurs.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
The ones I don’t have on DVD I see them in some of the 200 movie channels I get on my cable service.

When not in that position, I use the crutches and every once in a while I go to my PC to surf on the Internet.

And people have been calling me to wish me well on my recovery through my crystal clear Time Warner digital phone service!

Hemotivo
09-10-2008, 01:01 PM
^^
:lol

Spurs Brazil
09-10-2008, 03:10 PM
I hope Manu can comeback soon

Thanks for the translation urunobili

duncan228
09-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Nice piece. I hope Manu rehabs completely and, as others have said, doesn't push to come back too soon.

Thanks as always for the translation urunobili, it's appreciated.

timvp
09-10-2008, 03:21 PM
:tu @ translation

Hopefully Ginobili doesn't try to rush the process. If this team is a championship contender, they'll at least be able to keep their head above water until he is fully healthy.

rj215
09-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Get well Manu. Enjoy your wife's hand.

Solid D
09-10-2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.webstockpro.com/Thumbnails/DigitalVision/dv1554005.jpg

Manu 1 month from now: "I realize being calm and still is very good and forming of habits are difficult to stop."

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-10-2008, 05:45 PM

Manu 1 month from now: "I realize being calm and still is very good and forming of habits are difficult to stop."

Does Beno have an offseason webcam?

vander
09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Hey I liked Gone Baby Gone too, probably my favorite movie of 08. maybe this Manu ain't such a bad hombre after all. :toast

mrspurs
09-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Let him rest all he wants. I say again, let him rest all he wants.

Manufan909
09-10-2008, 09:37 PM
The Spurs don't have a too grueling schedule the first two months, hopefully fresh legs and new bodies can keep them around the 4th or 5h spot, with Manu added they'll be able to bump up a couple, imho.

Slippy
09-10-2008, 10:05 PM
This time I’ll start -10, but I am calm

By Manu www.manuginobili.com
Translation by urunobili

Now at home, I go over my days watching movies. All very sedentary, flat. If I have to recommend one of the movies I’ve seen, I liked “Gone baby gone”, that in Argentina was known as “Desaparecio una noche”. It is not new, but I am seeing a little bit of everything, recovering some time. The ones I don’t have on DVD I see them in some of the 200 movie channels I get on my cable service.

I also followed on TV the US Open Tennis Semi Finals and Finals. I wasn’t able to see Juan Martin Del Potro play (upcoming Argie Tennis player), because when he played with Murray I was undergoing surgery in LA.

They advised me to have lots of rest and to try to have my leg up as much as I can and that’s what I have been trying to do. When not in that position, I use the crutches and every once in a while I go to my PC to surf on the Internet.

Manu's only getting started. There's only so much of tv and movies you can watch before you start doing your head in. Internet helps alleviate some of the boredom but they all good only in moderation. I've been resting my leg up for 3 weeks and time sure is getting slower. Only 5 weeks to go.:bang.

Slippy
09-10-2008, 10:08 PM

Manufan909
09-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Get better quick Manu, we need you!!! Not only as Spurs fans, but baskbetball fans too.

amy020
09-11-2008, 05:12 AM
get well soon Manu,your health will always be the most important thing. BEST WISHES FOR YOU and we 'll be always be here waiting for you.

temujin
09-11-2008, 08:04 AM

So much for "Trade Manu" threads.

Or thoughts of it by the FO.

Message delivered, clear and loud.

Excellent, Manu.

mytespurs
09-11-2008, 05:23 PM
:lmao You guys crack me up!!!!

But the thought is intriguing.....hmmmm, I would love to be Many......:king

Thanks for the wonderful translation Urunobli!
:thumbsup

angel_luv
09-12-2008, 01:23 PM
The ones I don’t have on DVD I see them in some of the 200 movie channels I get on my cable service.

Be healed quickly, MG. :)

Cherry
09-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Ouch :wow

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3821/tobillo1is9.jpg

Solid D
09-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Ouch :wow

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3821/tobillo1is9.jpg

Nice! I hope the Dr. got the right one.

timvp
09-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Wow. Get well soon.

mytespurs
09-12-2008, 08:50 PM

Manu's foot???!!! :wow Yikes!! Geez, well get well soon Manu and don't overdue!! We want you back healthy!!!

urunobili
09-12-2008, 09:50 PM
another shot of the ankle form his webpage...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5746/tobillo2lo1.jpg

Manufan909
09-13-2008, 01:56 AM
That's vaguely disgusting.

Martin R
09-14-2008, 07:41 AM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

spursfan09
09-14-2008, 11:29 AM
oh gosh I was not ready for those manu ankle pics.

ChuckD
09-14-2008, 11:56 AM

I hope not. I hope the Dr. got the left one, otherwise, they'd have to start over.

Solid D
09-14-2008, 03:18 PM
I hope not. I hope the Dr. got the left one, otherwise, they'd have to start over.

Since the photo clearly shows a left foot, he probably did get the left one.