PDA

View Full Version : Turkey 77 France 65

timaios
09-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Game played in Turkey.

Turkey 77 France 65

Turkey FT 27/31
France FT 9/13

France defense is stupid and only Parker can score in that team !

Tony Parker : 34:49 min 32 pts FG 13/20 (2/4 3pts) FT 4/5 0 ast 4 reb 3 to 1 st

Next games :

September 13 @Charleroi : Belgium - France
September 17 @Mans : France - Ukraine
September 20 @Limoges : France - Turkey

angelbelow
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
0 assists!

le13
09-10-2008, 11:59 AM
yes 0 assists.. Do not take it into account.. There is nobody to pass the ball in this french team actually.. there is actually no team play at all and it is not the fault of Tony Parker at all...
Look at this Statistic: Parker scored more points than all the team together...

Parker 32 points.. and the second best is..... 6 point.......

This team is young and most of the key players are not in the team (only tony adn turiaf....).. This team is missing, DIAW, PIETRUS brothers, Mahimi,etc..........

As a french, i am not happy with that at all.. We have maybe (with the US and Argentina) the best generation ever.... what a shame..............

Bruno
09-10-2008, 12:03 PM
The score doesn't show how this game was a disaster for France NT.

I've fucking pissed at a couple of things :
- First, it makes years that this team has been unable to play against a zone defense. Their level of sucking against that kind of defense is so high that it could be damn funny if it wasn't so sad.
- Second, fuck all the players who turned the team down this summer. If the team isn't qualified for the Euro 2009 (or only qualified for the additional qualifying tournament), they will be the first to blame.

timaios
09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
yes 0 assists.. Do not take it into account.. There is nobody to pass the ball in this french team actually...

Exactly !

timaios
09-10-2008, 12:11 PM
The score doesn't show how this game was a disaster for France NT.

I've fucking pissed at a couple of things :
- First, it makes years that this team has been unable to play against a zone defense. Their level of sucking against that kind of defense is so high that it could be damn funny if it wasn't so sad.
- Second, fuck all the players who turned the team down this summer. If the team isn't qualified for the Euro 2009 (or only qualified for the additional qualifying tournament), they will be the first to blame.

France was destroyed when Tony was on the bench... 15-0 or something like that. Tony can play 40 minutes, Gomez (french coach) is a moron.

Walton Buys Off Me
09-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Who wouldn't have zero assists playing with four guys that make Matt Bonner look like Abdul-Jabbar.

Slo spurs fan
09-10-2008, 12:36 PM
We have maybe (with the US and Argentina) the best generation ever.... what a shame..............

:rollin Dream on...

Lady M
09-10-2008, 01:01 PM
TP FG 13/20 (2pts 11/16 3pts 2/4) the other french team 2 pts 8/25 3 pts 4/20
how can TP make some assists with this team :(

timvp
09-10-2008, 03:08 PM
France as a team had four assists. Like I said heading into this little tourney, French basketball is disgusting to watch because of the lack of passing. That team is the worst passing team I've ever seen. Usually, Parker is the only one who attempts to pass the ball. But when he does, he never gets the ball back.

To me it looks like a coaching issue. No coach worth anything could watch a team never make the extra pass and not say anything about it. And it isn't surprising to hear that zone killed this team since a team won't be able to break a zone when it can't pass and can't shoot.

I haven't watch any of these games obviously but it appears to be a disaster of a tournament for Parker. In the first game he whined when he came off the bench even though they won. Now he's having to go all out and France is getting embarrassed.

:td @ this whole situation. Parker either needed to recruit other French players to join him or he should have stayed in San Antonio and not waste energy.

timaios
09-10-2008, 04:10 PM
France as a team had four assists. Like I said heading into this little tourney, French basketball is disgusting to watch because of the lack of passing. That team is the worst passing team I've ever seen. Usually, Parker is the only one who attempts to pass the ball. But when he does, he never gets the ball back.

To me it looks like a coaching issue. No coach worth anything could watch a team never make the extra pass and not say anything about it. And it isn't surprising to hear that zone killed this team since a team won't be able to break a zone when it can't pass and can't shoot.

I haven't watch any of these games obviously but it appears to be a disaster of a tournament for Parker. In the first game he whined when he came off the bench even though they won. Now he's having to go all out and France is getting embarrassed.

:td @ this whole situation. Parker either needed to recruit other French players to join him or he should have stayed in San Antonio and not waste energy.

Wow... you know nothing about this team and you judge them without seeing them play.
There is a lot of new and young players in that France NT.
Good passing game need time.
3 weeks of training is not enough for that.

Clabam
09-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I think its pretty awful Tony is even playing with those posers.... It is only a way for him to get hurt, and not focus on what is important (NBA Season).

Without their studs they obviously don't have a chance to even qualify for High School playoffs...

Magic_Johnson
09-10-2008, 04:38 PM
that was pathetic, but i still think they will win the next 3 games. They can't be as bad as today twice (hopefully ).

Solid D
09-10-2008, 05:08 PM
I wonder if Pop is still interested in Karem Gonlum, a guy they were interested in signing 3 years ago.(???)

Sissiborgo
09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
0 assists!

But scored 32...:toast

DPG21920
09-10-2008, 05:53 PM
All I care about is that TP does not get hurt. I wish him luck and all, but all that matters is his health.

sendman
09-11-2008, 11:33 AM
And when i wrote this, some people called me hater:
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103615&page=2
Look, I don't know if you ever watched French team play, but in the last few years, that team is an example of how not to play a game of basketball. They have a bunch of athletic SFs an PFs with very limited "basketball skils" (I'm talking about handling the ball, shooting, tactics and other "shit" that has nothing to do with physical abilities) Only Tony really knows the game. They dont have any real SG and they don't have any Cs worth mentioning. Their golden ages are gone and their best players are retired for a few years now.
Georgian team is much more "sound" regarding pure basketball knowledge, but they have other things on their minds right now, so French team would win despite their weaknesses, I guess.

angel_luv
09-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Is Hedo playing in this tournament?

bdictjames
09-12-2008, 02:43 PM
France has no shot with this team in Euro 09.

Bruno
09-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Is Hedo playing in this tournament?

Yes.

On a side note, I was wrong on how best second will be determined.
The first tiebraeker is the winnign percentage.
The second tiebreaker is points scored/points allowed.

angel_luv
09-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Yes.

On a side note, I was wrong on how best second will be determined.
The first tiebraeker is the winnign percentage.
The second tiebreaker is points scored/points allowed.

Thanks. :)

timaios
09-12-2008, 05:36 PM
France has no shot with this team in Euro 09.

Yannick Bokolo
Johan Petro
Joakim Noah
Mickaël Pietrus
Florent Pietrus
Mickaël Gelabale
Nando de Colo
Ronny Turiaf
Yakhouba Diawara
Nicolas Batum
Ian Mahinmi
Boris Diaw
Tony Parker

THAT team has a chance if France play Euro 2009.