PDA

View Full Version : Manu Needs Tim

TDfan2007
02-10-2005, 12:15 AM
As we all have seen over the last 2 games w/out Tim, Manu needs Tim to score.

IceColdBrewski
02-10-2005, 12:18 AM
:rolleyes

Manu didn't need Tim to lead his team to Gold in the Olympics.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Um, I don't remember him needing Tim when he was dropping 48 on Phoenix.

Nor last year when he carried the load with Tim out.

I know you're a Duncan fan, but can't figure out where you're trying to go with this.

GoSpurs21
02-10-2005, 12:29 AM
:rolleyes

Manu didn't need Tim to lead his team to Gold in the Olympics.Finally some sense from icecold...I guess you are only a Parker hater

eagles are still chokers (Pats fans made me include that statement)

TDfan2007
02-10-2005, 01:08 AM
I'm just saying that if other teams didn't have Tim to worry about inside then they would pay all of their attention to Manu, and that's why Manu hasn't scored as much these two games (not because of lack of shots: 4-11 against Charlotte and 6-15 against the Wiz).

atlfan25
02-10-2005, 01:11 AM
2 games isn't enough to say something like that about a player. i remember last year when duncan was out against the lakers, and manu did great, so i don't think what you say is the case with ginobili.

nkdlunch
02-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Obviously it's gonna be harder to score without TD presence. It would happen to any player in the world, including Kobe, T-Mac not only Manu. Not that Manu is that good(yet?). So you should change your statement to 'every player needs TD to score.'

ducks
02-10-2005, 10:21 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050208/capt.ny15502081929.nba_all_star_reserves_ny155.jpg

BigVee
02-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Pop isn't going to change the offense because TD misses a couple of games. But if Duncan left for good tomorrow, I am sure the Spurs offense would change and you would see Manu "featured" a great deal and scoring a lot more.

boutons
02-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Manu was 1-5 for 3G's. The team was 7-26, 27% (vs season team avg of 36%, 15th in league). Had Spurs hit their avg 3G, they should have hit 9-26. btw, the Spurs attempt only 17 3G/game, so last night the Spurs were really bombing the 3G's, and bombing out badly.

Absent Tim had nothing to with the Spurs missing wide open 3's, or failing to finish on many layups, or allowing 32 pts in the 4th, or shooting 61% FTs. The Spurs with Tim have turned as equally bad performances/losses 8 times this season.

The Spurs just sucked last night, and Tim absence had nothing to with it. He would have made no difference in the loss, like he has made no difference in the 8 other give-away losses (or the 4 playoff games lost to LAL).

Rummpd
02-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Boutons = SeguSpur in negativity = are you guys inbred cousins? :blah :blah :smokin

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Absent Tim had nothing to with the Spurs missing wide open 3's, or failing to finish on many layups, or allowing 32 pts in the 4th, or shooting 61% FTs. The Spurs with Tim have turned as equally bad performances/losses 8 times this season.

The Spurs just sucked last night, and Tim absence had nothing to with it. He would have made no difference in the loss, like he has made no difference in the 8 other give-away losses (or the 4 playoff games lost to LAL).

Would Tim have made a difference in getting beat in the paint for only the 8th time this season?

airjer15
02-10-2005, 11:11 AM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/buck/img/jun03/david605.jpg

Manu needs Tim and David needs Kenyon

boutons
02-10-2005, 11:24 AM
"Boutons = SeguSpur"

I'm always positive on the Spurs and the players when they play The Spurs Way, win or lose (includes loss @POR, which I explained then was a "good" loss). and I'm negative as hell when they turn in a crap evening like last night, which was a "bad" loss.

But I'm not a sicko hater like sequ, gw, mb, etc. so, fuck you, rump.

boutons
02-10-2005, 11:30 AM
"Would Tim have made a difference in getting beat in the paint for only the 8th time this season?"

Tim didn't prevent us from getting beat in the paint the other 7 times, did he?

Take Malik's numbers, up them a little, give them to Tim last night, and give Malik a DNP CD. Spurs still lose.

SPARKY
02-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Whose team is this again?

Thank you.

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 11:39 AM
"Would Tim have made a difference in getting beat in the paint for only the 8th time this season?"

Tim didn't prevent us from getting beat in the paint the other 7 times, did he?

Take Malik's numbers, up them a little, give them to Tim last night, and give Malik a DNP CD. Spurs still lose.

You've heard of defense, right?

Wouldn't the presence of a 7-foot Tim Duncan in the lane have helped limit the Wizards scoring in the paint?

You are so blind when it comes to basketball it's unbelievable.

boutons
02-10-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm not blind at all. You refuse to "see" that Tim's healthy presence in the 7 other games where we got beat in the paint didn't prevent the Spurs from getting beat in the paint. See that yourself, explain it, rather than call me blind, rather than pin a totally crappy loss exclusively on Tim's absence.

How does the much-heralded "Spurs depth, best in NBA' a look when Tim is, according to you people, claimed to be the ONLY player's performance that mattered last night?

FromWayDowntown
02-10-2005, 12:57 PM
And you refuse to see that Tim's presence in the 42 other games where they won the paint is significant!!!!

Somehow, because the Spurs have lost the paint in 7 of the 48 games Tim has played, you can assume that they would have lost the paint last night?? I'd think that since the Spurs have more points in the paint in 85% of the games in which Tim plays, the assumption would be that they'd win that battle again (and not just because Tim scores from in the paint, but because his shot blocking deters opponents from attacking the rim and his rebounding limits second chance points).

Your take defies any real logic. Incredible.

Rummpd
02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Thank you all, excellent retorts, logic over inane reasoning.

By the way @#$$ you back bouton = boy that must have felt good to hit those keystrokes, probably those 4 characters are worn out on your computer.

boutons
02-10-2005, 02:33 PM
"you refuse to see that Tim's presence in the 42 other games where they won the paint"

We're not talking about wins, (and even Kori admits we've had some "bad" wins), we're talking about how the Spurs lose. Losing in the paint, by 2 whole fucking pts, was a big deal last night? hell no, it's just one negative stat in a whole group, a context of bad stats depicting a bad Spurs loss, that Tim's play probably would not have made any difference, since when the Spurs suck, they really suck, including Tim, and last night was one of those nights (just like @SAC).

T Park
02-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Id say the Warriors wouldnt have as many offensive rebounds either.

The Spurs D only works to perfection when it has 2 7 footers.

They havent had 2 7 footers together since the beginning of the Phoenix game on the 21.