PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama going to drop Biden, pick up Hillary?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2008, 06:27 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Biden_bows_to_Clinton_.html#comments

“Make no mistake about it Hillary Clinton is as qualified as or more qualified than I am” to be vice president, Biden said. “And quite frankly, she may have been a better pick than me.”

whottt
09-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Would be an absolute disaster if he did that.......and besides, I don't think Hillary will accept if he does.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Would be an absolute disaster if he did that.......and besides, I don't think Hillary will accept if he does.

Well, with each passing day, as Obama falters in the polls, throws more stupidity out in a pathetic attempt to bring down Palin, it's apparent his campaign and the Democratic party are panicking.

Wouldn't put anything past them at this point, even if it meant throwing Biden under the bus.

Buddy Holly
09-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Is Aggie going to getting any lamer, cry in corner?

JoeChalupa
09-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Obama will not drop Biden. McCain got the upper hand with Palin and that is a fact but that does not diminish the fact that Obama/Biden will be much, much better for this Country that I love than the Palin/McCain ticket will.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Is Aggie going to getting any lamer, cry in corner?

:lol After all these years you're still a little bitch. Sorry.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Obama plans extended meeting with Bill Clinton

3 days ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama plans to lunch with former President Clinton this week in what will be their first extended face-to-face meeting since the bitter primary season.
Obama intends to meet Clinton for a private lunch Thursday at the Clinton Foundation headquarters in New York City, Obama spokesman Bill Burton said Sunday. Obama will be in New York that morning for a memorial ceremony at Ground Zero, where he will appear with Republican presidential rival John McCain to commemorate the seventh anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.
Clinton extended the invitation after he learned Obama would be in town, Burton said.
Relations between the former president and Obama have been somewhat strained following the heated primary season, in which Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton also sought the presidential nomination. During that time, Bill Clinton repeatedly questioned whether Obama had enough experience to be president compared with his wife.
During his speech at the Democratic National Convention last month, Bill Clinton expressed strong support for Obama's candidacy and made clear he will do what he can to get him elected.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5izQosMtCfjNjE1uAP6fQV2BZ_qWwD93262B80

Buddy Holly
09-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow, that stung.

Boy, you get better with age, just like a fine wine.

Buddy Holly
09-10-2008, 06:55 PM
3 days ago

"Hi, my name is Viva and I am slow."

Viva Las Espuelas
09-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Obama plans extended meeting with Bill Clinton

3 days ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama plans to lunch with former President Clinton this week in what will be their first extended face-to-face meeting since the bitter primary season.
Obama intends to meet Clinton for a private lunch Thursday at the Clinton Foundation headquarters in New York City, Obama spokesman Bill Burton said Sunday. Obama will be in New York that morning for a memorial ceremony at Ground Zero, where he will appear with Republican presidential rival John McCain to commemorate the seventh anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.
Clinton extended the invitation after he learned Obama would be in town, Burton said.
Relations between the former president and Obama have been somewhat strained following the heated primary season, in which Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton also sought the presidential nomination. During that time, Bill Clinton repeatedly questioned whether Obama had enough experience to be president compared with his wife.
During his speech at the Democratic National Convention last month, Bill Clinton expressed strong support for Obama's candidacy and made clear he will do what he can to get him elected.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5izQosMtCfjNjE1uAP6fQV2BZ_qWwD93262B80

"Hi, my name is Viva and I am slow."

so would that make you........slower?

Buddy Holly
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
The article is 3 days old. You're posting it today. You are slow.

xrayzebra
09-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Well can you hear Bill Clinton at the lunch.

Now Barak about my wifes campaign debt that you haven't help with. Now I just know Hillary and I may be some help if we can see a little relief on our efforts to
raise that money to pay off Hillarys debt.

Barka. Why sure Bill, how much did you say you needed. Im sure I can come up with some help. Now about those campaign appearances, here is a schedule I have worked out for Hillary. But I need you to help out at headquarters with
the strategy. I know you would like to be out there talking and stuff, but Bill we sure do need you in the home office. (and out of sight, not talking)

Mr. Body
09-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Biden is laying low, doing ground game stuff. Just let Palin burn herself out.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Biden is laying low, doing ground game stuff.

he's commanding people to stand up
:lmao

Mr. Body
09-10-2008, 10:30 PM
he's commanding people to stand up
:lmao

You do realize that's a non-ish, right? That no one cares?

Viva Las Espuelas
09-10-2008, 10:35 PM
You do realize that's a non-ish, right? That no one cares?
ease up, olbermann. :lmao really doesn't indicate a serious issue to be recognized. :rolleyes

SpursFanFirst
09-10-2008, 11:19 PM
If he already knew this, I'd like to know why Biden accepted.
This ticket is such a joke. How do you think Obama reacted to that little soundbite?

:soapbox:

Mr. Body
09-10-2008, 11:23 PM
This ticket is such a joke. How do you think Obama reacted to that little soundbite?

Nice overreaction. Biden was being modest and throwing his support behind Clinton as a friend.

No one is getting het up over this other than overstimulated Palin/McCain fans. The Obama-Biden ticket is intact and fine.

SpursFanFirst
09-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Nice overreaction. Biden was being modest and throwing his support behind Clinton as a friend.

No one is getting het up over this other than overstimulated Palin/McCain fans. The Obama-Biden ticket is intact and fine.

Doubt it.

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Wow Conservatives are really grasping at straws here. You really think he's going to drop Biden.

Trust me when the debates roll around, I'd love to see the R's try and trot out foreign policy as their strong suit. If there is one thing Biden knows better than anyone on either ticket, it's fucking national security. He's a straight bull dog, just like Cheney.

jochhejaam
09-11-2008, 06:15 AM

Regardless of what he meant, it came off as him saying Obama didn't use good judgement in selecting him, and him admitting that he wasn't the most competent person for the VP.

jochhejaam
09-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Wow Conservatives are really grasping at straws here. You really think he's going to drop Biden.
In actuality, Biden put the straws in their hands.

Trust me
When pigs fly.

florige
09-11-2008, 07:35 AM

The last time I checked that other ticket wasn't exactly gold either....:lol

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 07:56 AM
This is so idiotic. Biden expresses some humility and compliments Clinton and it's "He admits he was a bad pick."

Give me a break.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Here's a clue for all the 'conservatives':

Obama picked Biden because he wants him as VP. He's an intelligent man who knows a lot of stuff. He'd be good in the office.

McCain picked Palin because she draws the base and makes a pretty speech.

That's it.

Don't expect Obama to be infected by McCain's rationale in Veep selection, because he's serious about running this country. McCain, I don't know. But Veep never did much for any ticket electorally, other than LBJ delivering Texas in an election that didn't need it. Now, Palin makes some red states redder, that's it. And they're trying hard to let people think SHE'S the one running for president (Hint: she's not), but in the end, it's not going to matter much.

So stop putting Obama at the level of McCain on this one. Biden is a good campaigner, especially on the ground, crowd by crowd; he'll give good interviews that aren't flashy; he'll debate Palin exactly once. This is an election about issues. That's it. This 'will Biden remain on the ticket' garbage is just that, garbage, because he was picked in an advisory position to Obama, not to be arm candy.

fyatuk
09-11-2008, 08:30 AM
This is so idiotic. Biden expresses some humility and compliments Clinton and it's "He admits he was a bad pick."

Give me a break.

It was a stupid thing to say. Not that its a big deal or really matters except to provide a line for some people to laugh at, but you should not admit anyone may be more qualified than you when you are going for a job.

He should have stuck with saying that she's easily qualified enough and would have done a fantastic job as VP instead of comparing her to him.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 08:37 AM

That's my ticket!!! Much better than the Palin/McCain one that's for sure.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

SpursFanFirst
09-11-2008, 11:41 AM

Trust me when the debates roll around, I'd love to see the R's try and trot out foreign policy as their strong suit. If there is one thing Biden knows better than anyone on either ticket, it's fucking national security. He's a straight bull dog, just like Cheney.

Who said he's going to drop Biden?

SpursFanFirst
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
The last time I checked that other ticket wasn't exactly gold either....:lol

Honestly, I'm not thrilled with either side.
But Biden making that comment didn't exactly draw people in in a positive way.

possessed
09-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Honestly, I'm not thrilled with either side.
But Biden making that comment didn't exactly draw people in in a positive way.

Obama attracts these "Crazy uncle" types like flies.

Findog
09-11-2008, 11:48 AM
It's funny how Republicans don't want to talk about issues, they just want to talk about whether or not Biden made a stupid remark, or if Barack Obama really insulted Sarah Palin with his lipstick comment. You would think AggiePoliticalFag would want to talk issues and how McCain and GOP policies are superior for the country. Oh wait, I wouldn't want to try and use up energy making that case either

McCain may yet win this thing, because the Republicans are always more willing to smear themselves with shit to win elections. Call it the Idiocracy Effect. Sarah Palin's first interview isn't on Meet the Press, it's a prime-time Barbara Walters-esque special. How embarrassing for her and for ABC.

Why the press doesn't refuse to cover her under such conditions is beyond me. But that's the GOP for you, all smoke and mirrors, no substance.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I agree. We need a forum moratorium: no more posts - by anybody - unless it's about the issues.

IceColdBrewski
09-11-2008, 02:42 PM
I agree. We need a forum moratorium: no more posts - by anybody - unless it's about the issues.

Who the hell elected you Deputy Fife of the Political forum?

The kinds of people and organizations a Presidential candidate associates/associated himself with (Bill Ayers, Rev Wright, ACORN et.al) are just as important as the issues. Not only does it say a lot about their true charachter, but it also says a helluva lot about their ability to make smart decisions.

You were all too happy when the mud was flying in Palin's direction a couple of weeks ago. Now that it has backfired for the most part, you want to play the role of Great and Powerful OZ while screaming at us to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Sorry, but I'm not buyin it. I'm looking behind the curtain of both candidates. As anyone with half a brain should.

09-11-2008, 02:46 PM

I disagree. Let the game play itself out.

florige
09-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Who the hell elected you Deputy Fife of the Political forum?
The kinds of people and organizations a Presidential candidate associates/associated himself with (Bill Ayers, Rev Wright, ACORN et.al) are just as important as the issues. Not only does it say a lot about their true charachter, but it also says a helluva lot about their ability to make smart decisions.

You were all too happy when the mud was flying in Palin's direction a couple of weeks ago. Now that it has backfired for the most part, you want to play the role of Great and Powerful OZ while screaming at us to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Sorry, but I'm not buyin it. I'm looking behind the curtain of both candidates. As anyone with half a brain should.

:lol

johnsmith
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
It's funny how Republicans don't want to talk about issues, they just want to talk about whether or not Biden made a stupid remark, or if Barack Obama really insulted Sarah Palin with his lipstick comment. You would think AggiePoliticalFag would want to talk issues and how McCain and GOP policies are superior for the country. Oh wait, I wouldn't want to try and use up energy making that case either

McCain may yet win this thing, because the Republicans are always more willing to smear themselves with shit to win elections. Call it the Idiocracy Effect. Sarah Palin's first interview isn't on Meet the Press, it's a prime-time Barbara Walters-esque special. How embarrassing for her and for ABC.

Why the press doesn't refuse to cover her under such conditions is beyond me. But that's the GOP for you, all smoke and mirrors, no substance.

Also works like this:

It's funny how democrats don't want to talk about the issues, they just want to throw out buzzwords like "change" and "hope", or if McCain sold out on America when he was POW. You would think Findhomosexualdog would want to talk issues and how Obama and Lib policies are superior for the country. Oh wait, I wouldn't want to try and use up energy (or not be funny) making that case either.

Obama may yet win this thing, because the democrats are always more willing to smear themselves with shit to win elections. Call it the idiocracy effect. Obama's claime to fame was a speech given four years ago that didn't talk about any policy whatsoever.

Why the press doesn't refuse to cover him under such conditions is beyond me, but that's the dems and myself for you, all smoke and mirrors, no substance.

Findog
09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Also works like this:

Obama IS talking about the issues. McCain's speech to the convention was just about how he was tortured by the north vietnamese and for that he is entitled to be president. Obama by contrast is talking about what he plans to do as president. McCain is just hiding behind Palin's skirt and going for another round of the cultural tribal wars.

johnsmith
09-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Obama IS talking about the issues. McCain's speech to the convention was just about how he was tortured by the north vietnamese and for that he is entitled to be president. Obama by contrast is talking about what he plans to do as president. McCain is just hiding behind Palin's skirt and going for another round of the cultural tribal wars.

And since that was McCain's only speech he's given throughout this entire process, well then he's obviously not talking any issues at all.

Findog
09-11-2008, 04:07 PM
And since that was McCain's only speech he's given throughout this entire process, well then he's obviously not talking any issues at all.

All I hear from McCain these days is that he's some sort of Maverick and Obama wants to teach little kids how to give good blow jobs. Way to raise the discourse Johnny.

johnsmith
09-11-2008, 04:12 PM
All I hear from McCain these days is that he's some sort of Maverick and Obama wants to teach little kids how to give good blow jobs. Way to raise the discourse Johnny.

So now that you've made it clear that you only read headlines and watch Entertainment Tonight, when do you want to talk about issues?

fyatuk
09-11-2008, 04:16 PM

You know, everybody always says THEIR candidate is talking about the issues and the other isn't. The reality is, that both candidates always do both. McCain mentioned a lot about what he wants to see done, including a bit of specific information (more specific than I had expected anyway). People fixate on the positive of their own candidate and the negative of the other.

McCain mentioned he wants to keep taxes low, and cut where he can. He wants to work out more free trade agreements to open new markets. He wants to reduce government spending. He specifically mentions cutting the corporate tax rate and doubling the child tax exemption. He wants the goverment to support job training programs at community colleges, and wants to make up the wage different between the old wage and a wage from a temp job while workers retrain. He wants to institute vouchers. He wants to reduce foreign aid. He wants to allow more off-shore drilling, and encourage growth of nuclear plants and clean coal technology (as well as wind, tide, solar, and natural gas). etc etc etc.

If all you got from McCain's speech was "I was a POW and deserve to be President), you weren't listening.

Of course, for disclosure, I do not listen to the speeches, I read the transcripts after the fact. And I haven't had a chance to read Obama and Biden's speeches yet.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Obama picked Biden and he will stay. Any talk of removing Biden will start the Obama flip-flop talk again. The Hillary train left the station a long time ago. Do you really think Bubba and Hillary will go all out for Obama. The only way the Clintons campaign hard for the ticket is if Obama pays off Hillarys campaign debit.

Heath Ledger
09-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Obama has already said if he is not elected he will not run again.

SpursFanFirst
09-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Obama has already said if he is not elected he will not run again.

Did he? I have not heard that.