PDA

View Full Version : More GOP do as I say, not as I do...

Nbadan
09-10-2008, 07:20 PM
CNN dismounted McCain's dick from their lips to come up with this gem..

WMPYkNQlJMM

The McCain campaign is lashing out at Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama for likening "change" on a McCain-Palin ticket to putting "lipstick on a pig," saying the line is an attack on vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin and demanding an apology. According to CNN, however, this isn’t the first time that phrase has been used during this campaign season, and the first person to use it was John McCain.

Obama used the line in a speech addressing a crowd of followers in Virginia Tuesday evening. The speech, according to Obama staffers, was intended to respond to McCain’s recent claims that he is the real candidate for change....

...Then reporters at CNN did some digging, tracing the use of the phrase throughout this campaign season back to John McCain last October. According to CNN, McCain used the phrase at a campaign stop while referring to Hillary Clinton’s 1993 failed health care plan.

"I think they put some lipstick on the pig, but it's still a pig," McCain said.

advocate (http://advocate.com/news_detail_ektid61167.asp)

It's like McCain doesn't think audio and video existed just a few years ago

clambake
09-10-2008, 07:29 PM
none of this shit matters.

we'll find out in november if america has learned anything. if it hasn't, then it's a country where the majority of people could use "special needs assistance".

baseline bum
09-10-2008, 07:46 PM
none of this shit matters.

we'll find out in november if america has learned anything. if it hasn't, then it's a country where the majority of people could use "special needs assistance".

This much has been obvious since we elected Bush & Dick twice. The right plays up wedge issues without having any real platform, and the bible beaters and war hawks fall in line.

Wild Cobra
09-10-2008, 07:52 PM
This much has been obvious since we elected Bush & Dick twice. The right plays up wedge issues without having any real platform, and the bible beaters and war hawks fall in line.

What do you define as the wedge issues?

Isn't the left that always starts with race, abortion, gay rights, etc?

Since when is a valid responce to a topic considered bringing up a wedge issue?

baseline bum
09-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Gay marriage was a pretty major wedge issue Bush used in 04 to sidestep important issues like the economy.

Wild Cobra
09-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Gay marriage was a pretty major wedge issue Bush used in 04 to sidestep important issues like the economy.

Responding is not bringing it up. The media and leftist pundits wouldn't let it go. President Bush did talk on the economy quite a bit. It just didn't get the same reporting.

You should broaden your source material.

baseline bum
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Responding is not bringing it up. The media and leftist pundits wouldn't let it go. President Bush did talk on the economy quite a bit. It just didn't get the same reporting.

You should broaden your source material.

The media and left wouldn't let it go? Bullshit. All Bush did was talk about how he was going to make a constitutional amendment to define marriage as between a man and a woman.

Crookshanks
09-10-2008, 08:19 PM
boy some of you libs on here are really dense. When McCain made that comment, he was specifically talking about Hillary's "new and improved" healthcare plan. He said it was no different than her previous one that had been rejected. That's when he made the comment about putting lipstick on a pig - that her plan was the same as before, regardless of how she tried to dress it up.

Obama, on the other hand, was talking about the candidates. And it wouldn't have been taken so badly if Gov Palin hadn't used the lipstick line in her joke at the convention. Obama is denying he meant anything derogatory towards Gov Palin; however, his supporters knew exactly what he was referring to - that's why there was so much laughter and applause.

Personally, I don't think it's such a big deal - but it just shows that Obama doesn't think before he speaks!

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah, do as I say, not as I do only is allowed for liberals.

Do you ever get tired of being a hypocrite?

PixelPusher
09-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah, do as I say, not as I do only is what I will continue to project onto liberals, while I continue to ignore when conservatives do it.

Do I ever get tired of being a hypocrite?