PDA

View Full Version : McCain Crashes and Burns without Palin

Nbadan
09-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Tales from the Trail
Tracking the 2008 U.S. campaign

PHILADELPHIA - Republican presidential candidate John McCain cut short his first public appearance without running-mate Sarah Palin after chanting supporters of Democratic rival Barack Obama interrupted his speech.

After lunching with a roundtable of women at Philadelphia’s Down Home Diner, McCain shook hands with supporters and strode up to a podium to deliver a statement. But as he spoke, chants of “Obama, Obama, Obama” filled the room.

Reporters craned forward trying to hear the Arizona senator. Unfortunately for McCain — and possibly overlooked by aides who planned the event — a section of the diner opened up to a market where a crowd had gathered behind a cordon.

A large contingent of Obama supporters showed up, mixed with some who had bumper stickers reading “Democrats for McCain”.

“It’s time to leave the talk behind and start shaking up Washington and fixing our economy, taking care of the problems facing our families. We’re going to give a tax cut to every family with a child,” he said.

His words were barely audible.

McCain’s supporters shouted “John McCain”, “John McCain,” “John McCain”. The duelling chants nearly drowned out the presidential hopeful’s voice.

“Pennsylvania is a battleground state as we can tell,” McCain said.

Meanwhile Palin, the Alaska governor, was on a flight back to her state.

reuters (http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/09/10/mccain-finds-it-tough-without-palin/)

I'm telling you, once this Palin hype wears itself thin, the GOP ticket is gonna be dog-meat (Yes, I do mean Palin)....

whottt
09-10-2008, 07:30 PM
You should have titled this:

Obama supporters continue to show what obnoxious assholes they are

It's not going to work...it's just going to piss people off.

whottt
09-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I predict by the time the election rolls around only African Americans, violently anti-woman gay males, and men that are angry because they are voting age and have never been laid, will still be voting for Obama...and I'm not sure the African Americans are going to stick around...as they don't really like Obama either.

T Park.
09-10-2008, 07:33 PM
I am sure Whottt your nothing but class!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/tpark-sucks-pig.jpg

2centsworth
09-10-2008, 07:34 PM
You should have titled this:

Obama supporters continue to show what obnoxious assholes they are

It's not going to work...it's just going to piss people off.

I agree with this message.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I predict by the time the election rolls around only African Americans, violently anti-woman gay males, and men that are angry because they are voting age and have never been laid, will still be voting for Obama...and I'm not sure the African Americans are going to stick around...as they don't really like Obama either.

Speechless.

Nbadan
09-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Speechless.

I'm not surprised, he's been swallowing this GOP shit for so many years his eyes turned brown...

whottt
09-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Rough day Dan? :lol

Keep attacking...get em boy, because it works so well :lmao

Wild Cobra
09-10-2008, 07:43 PM
They should have thrown them out. They were not being peaceful when they interupt an event.

I wonder what would have happened if conservatives did the same thing to Obama?

Nbadan
09-10-2008, 07:44 PM
....not done by a mile...hey Whott, what do you make of this?

VELIG92GDXw

real or not?

Biernutz
09-10-2008, 07:44 PM
The backlash for the anti-Pain smear has started. Hillary supporters will not back Obama and women are backing Palin. The more lipstick jokes the more backing they get.

baseline bum
09-10-2008, 07:48 PM
They should have thrown them out. They were not being peaceful when they interupt an event.

I wonder what would have happened if conservatives did the same thing to Obama?

It's their freedom of speech, but fuck the constitution since you don't agree with them.

Wild Cobra
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
It's their freedom of speech, but fuck the constitution since you don't agree with them.

"To peaceable assemble!"

That was not peaceful you idiot!

baseline bum
09-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Chanting Obama! isn't peaceful?

baseline bum
09-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Seriously, you want to disenfranchise voters just because they come from a group that tends left, and you want to shut people up who disagree with your views? Makes sense that you're such a Bush nuthugger.

Wild Cobra
09-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Chanting Obama! isn't peaceful?

OMG man. Not when it drowns out the speaker, and doesn't pause for the event to take place.

Wild Cobra
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Seriously, you want to disenfranchise voters just because they come from a group that tends left, and you want to shut people up who disagree with your views? Makes sense that you're such a Bush nuthugger.
What the fuck...

They were impeeding senator McCain's right to speech you stupid fuck!

baseline bum
09-10-2008, 08:03 PM
You seriously don't believe this shit you say, do you? Non-violent protest is guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. Free speech zones are bullshit.

IceColdBrewski
09-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Just more proof of how increasingly desperate the Obamabots are getting.

Funny stuff though. When McCain picked Palin, they all had a good laugh and declared the election over. Now they're scared shitless.

baseline bum
09-10-2008, 08:07 PM
What the fuck...

They were impeeding senator McCain's right to speech you stupid fuck!

How were they impeding his right to speech? Did they duct tape his mouth shut?

Biernutz
09-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Obama retards have to show and try to shout down John. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/panicbtn.gif

Crookshanks
09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Dan you are so stupid! McCain didn't "crash and burn", he merely cut short his remarks because of the utter rudeness of the Obama nuts. Why stand there and talk when no one can hear what you're saying. But those people who did come to hear him are going to be really pissed that they couldn't hear what he had to say. And that will lead to even more Democrats for McCain!

TheMadHatter
09-10-2008, 09:34 PM
McCain is a complete disaster without Palin. He simply cannot carry a campaign by his lonesome like Obama can. Makes you wonder who should really be on the top of the GOP ticket.

Can't wait for the debates, Obama will mop up McCain and Biden will shred Palin alive on foreign policy.

florige
09-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Dan you are so stupid! McCain didn't "crash and burn", he merely cut short his remarks because of the utter rudeness of the Obama nuts. Why stand there and talk when no one can hear what you're saying. But those people who did come to hear him are going to be really pissed that they couldn't hear what he had to say. And that will lead to even more Democrats for McCain!

Or people are starting to see through the McCain's campaign's bs they have been pulling ever since Palin has gotten on the ticket. Enjoy it now. It's going to come back and bite them right in the ass.

IceColdBrewski
09-10-2008, 09:56 PM
McCain is a complete disaster without Palin. He simply cannot carry a campaign by his lonesome like Obama can.

Um...you mean like the way he carried his own campaign "by his lonesome" during the primaries?

Fail.

TheMadHatter
09-10-2008, 10:03 PM
His campaign was DEAD IN THE WATER before Palin showed up. Why the fuck else do you think he picked her? Because he was doing well? Damn you are dumb.

IceColdBrewski
09-10-2008, 10:05 PM
His campaign was DEAD IN THE WATER before Palin showed up. Why the fuck else do you think he picked her? Because he was doing well? Damn you are dumb.

You said he couldn't carry a campain, which he has shown he can during the primaries.

F-A-I-L

Dark Gable
09-10-2008, 10:11 PM

You are sadly mistaken my brother.

florige
09-10-2008, 10:16 PM

Yeah man, that is kinda a stretch right there....:lol

Mr. Body
09-10-2008, 10:21 PM
This is gonna be a serious issue for McCain in the weeks ahead. Republican fans don't really give a crap about the top of the ticket, but love Palin (for one reason or another).

He may not be able to risk campaigning alone, because her crowds will show his to be tiny. At the same time, she may not be ready to campaign by herself yet with no one to intercept questions. They'll have to campaign together, covering less ground.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-10-2008, 10:32 PM
geez. this wasn't peaceful at all. i'm all for freedom of speech, but this wasn't cool. i'd say the same thing if it happened to obamessiah. this thread would clearly be out 4 pages longer if it had been the other way around.

florige
09-10-2008, 10:42 PM
geez. this wasn't peaceful at all. i'm all for freedom of speech, but this wasn't cool. i'd say the same thing if it happened to obamessiah. this thread would clearly be out 4 pages longer if it had been the other way around.

You seem to knock both sides pretty fairly though....:lol

baseline bum
09-10-2008, 11:29 PM

Hey, if you wanna go to an Obama rally and scream, yell, and call him Hussein more power to you. It's your right as an American to protest against people you think are full of shit. What a joke to say you're all for freedom of speech if you want to censor peaceful protest.

JoeChalupa
09-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah, that wasn't cool.

whottt
09-11-2008, 12:15 AM
You are sadly mistaken my brother.

We'll see...Obama's going to be acting white a lot in the coming weeks and days...we'll see how well that works out for him.

I bet he doesn't do much better than Kerry's 88% by the time it's all said and done. I think blacks'll figure out Obama just wants to win the Whitehouse and doesn't give a shit about anyone, including blacks...in fact I think they already knew that. They knew that rigth off the bat which is why it took them a while to warm to him. I think they accept him now because they are overwhelmingly Democrat and because he's got a shot at the Whitehouse...not because they truly connect with him. I don't think they connect with him at all IMO.

I know Obama doesn't connect with Blacks as well as Palin connects with Women.

But in case you were wondering...it was meant as a joke.

2centsworth
09-11-2008, 12:28 AM
This is gonna be a serious issue for McCain in the weeks ahead. Republican fans don't really give a crap about the top of the ticket, but love Palin (for one reason or another).

He may not be able to risk campaigning alone, because her crowds will show his to be tiny. At the same time, she may not be ready to campaign by herself yet with no one to intercept questions. They'll have to campaign together, covering less ground.

Biden has it even worse, no one wants to see him. Obama on the other hand is having huge fundraising issues and has to continue to meet and greet donors instead of campaign. He should have stuck to his oath of sticking to public financing. Now it's coming back to haunt him.

2centsworth
09-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Hey, if you wanna go to an Obama rally and scream, yell, and call him Hussein more power to you. It's your right as an American to protest against people you think are full of shit. What a joke to say you're all for freedom of speech if you want to censor peaceful protest.

there are a whole bunch of places to protest, but interupting his speech is a form of censorship itself. Nobody is trying to censor them, but they were obviously trying to censor McCain.

I would consider the Fairness Doctrine to be censorship we should worry about.

SnakeBoy
09-11-2008, 12:52 AM

Yep. Strange how the left thinks freedom of speech means the freedom to silence those who disagree with them.

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 01:08 AM
There is a difference between tolerance and doing what is right. That's what's wrong with the US today, we are too PC. Sometimes there AREN'T two sides to a story, sometimes one side is just motherfucking wrong. There is no reason why we shouldn't call out liars and hypocrites, just for the sake of being balanced.

whottt
09-11-2008, 01:21 AM
They weren't protesting or doing shit anyway...they were shouting Obama, denying the INTERESTED public the chance to listen to a man in line for the most important job in the world.

Do you idiots really think that was helpful to Obama's cause?

Do you really think any undecideds in that crowd said to themselves, damn, I'm glad those idiots kept from hearing what McCain had to say, I drove all the way down here to hear a bunch of obnoxious tools screaming Obama.

The only people that liked that stunt were diehard Obamas...no independents liked it, no one on the fence liked it, no undecideds liked it.

Same with the protestors at the RNC....McCain isn't the one that took us into Iraq...what the fuck are you asshats protesting him for?

Just remember...Bush was genuinely unlikeable...McCain and definitely Palin are not.

whottt
09-11-2008, 01:23 AM
I guarantee you any undecideds that made up their mind in that crowd didn't do it in favor of Obama...nice stunt to pull in a battleground state :tu

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Just remember...Bush was genuinely unlikeable...McCain and definitely Palin are not.

Ha. I like your selective amnesia. Bush was extremely likable. His favorability ratings were consistently in the high 60's and low 70's during his first election. Even in his second election, his favorability ratings never fell below 50%, despite the fact that most Democrats abhorred him by that point.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1729/Presidential-Ratings-Favorability.aspx

baseline bum
09-11-2008, 01:42 AM
there are a whole bunch of places to protest, but interupting his speech is a form of censorship itself. Nobody is trying to censor them, but they were obviously trying to censor McCain.

There are a bunch of places to protest... any fucking where they want to.

whottt
09-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Ha. I like your selective amnesia. Bush was extremely likable. His favorability ratings were consistently in the high 60's and low 70's during his first election.

Even in his second election, his favorability ratings never fell below 50%, despite the fact that most Democrats abhorred him by that point.

It's really not worth arguing to me...I could poke holes in those numbers or explain them but it's really not going to change your mind...so we'll just chalk it up to being my opinion.