PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins......

Ocotillo
09-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Once again. Unable to convince the people of this country that their ideas for running the government are in our best interest Republicans resort to the same old tactics that have served them well in the past.

Unemployment numbers hit a 7 year high; distract people from paying attention to that by getting a pliant media to chase after manufactured controversy over an innocuous old saying about lipstick on a pig.

The Shia led government in Iraq is beginning to disband Awaking militias and arrest Sunni leaders of those militias, accuse your oppenent of wanting to teach kindergarten children sex education.

Michigan looks like it might be up for grabs? Begin voter suppression efforts.

http://www.michiganmessenger.com/4076/lose-your-house-lose-your-vote

Lose your house, lose your vote
By Eartha Jane Melzer 9/10/08 6:42 AM
Michigan Republicans plan to foreclose African American voters

The chairman of the Republican Party in Macomb County Michigan, a key swing county in a key swing state, is planning to use a list of foreclosed homes to block people from voting in the upcoming election as part of the state GOP’s effort to challenge some voters on Election Day.

“We will have a list of foreclosed homes and will make sure people aren’t voting from those addresses,” party chairman James Carabelli told Michigan Messenger in a telephone interview earlier this week. He said the local party wanted to make sure that proper electoral procedures were followed.

<snip>

Hebert, the voting-rights lawyer, sees a connection between Priesse’s remarks and Carabelli’s plans.

“At a minimum what you are seeing is a fairly comprehensive effort by the Republican Party, a systematic broad-based effort to put up obstacles for people to vote,” he said. “Nobody is contending that these people are not legally registered to vote.

“When you are comprehensively challenging people to vote,” Hebert went on, “your goals are two-fold: One is you are trying to knock people out from casting ballots; the other is to create a slowdown that will discourage others,” who see a long line and realize they can’t afford to stay and wait.

09-11-2008, 11:17 AM
What I don't get is that both McCain and Palin say they've stood up to the corrupted republican party yet they want us to vote republican?

2centsworth
09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
you guys sound like more of the same.

JohnnyMarzetti
09-11-2008, 11:33 AM
you guys sound like more of the same.

You mean McSame.

shelshor
09-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Who commits voter fraud?

http://www.politicalgateway.com/main/columns/read.html?col=434

KenMcCoy
09-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Unemployment numbers hit a 7 year high; distract people from paying attention to that by getting a pliant media to chase after manufactured controversy over an innocuous old saying about lipstick on a pig.

Unemployment rates are still lower than most other industrialized nations ( the EU averages 6.7%), the average unemployment rates under the Bush presidency is lower than any president in the last 40 years, average income has increased...what exactly do you see as being wrong with the economy??? Now is not the time to panic and start messing things up...the market needs to be left alone in order for it to fix itself.

smeagol
09-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Economy goes in cycles.

This recession is as much Bush's fault as the bursting of the Internet bubble is Clinton's fault.

2centsworth
09-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Economy goes in cycles.

This recession is as much Bush's fault as the bursting of the Internet bubble is Clinton's fault.

it's not technically a recession neither, but your point is still valid.

IceColdBrewski
09-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Google search-Obama ACORN and voter fraud.

101A
09-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Who commits voter fraud?

http://www.politicalgateway.com/main/columns/read.html?col=434
:wow

2centsworth
09-11-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm certain Obama will have fleets of greyhounds ready to pickup anyone who will vote for him in return for a pack of cigarettes.

Oh, Gee!!
09-11-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm certain Obama will have fleets of greyhounds ready to pickup anyone who will vote for him in return for a pack of cigarettes.

but unfortunately they'll be denied the right to vote by a mccain operative working at the voting booth as an "election official."

It's a wash.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Let's not talk about Acorn here.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Interestingly enough, DarkReign (IIRC) and I reside in Macomb County.

I'll throat punch anyone who tries to bog down the election lines. And DR is a ninja.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Unemployment numbers hit a 7 year high;
Funny how those numbers started to rise at th same time demcrats took control of congress!

DarkReign
09-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Interestingly enough, DarkReign (IIRC) and I reside in Macomb County.

I'll throat punch anyone who tries to bog down the election lines. And DR is a ninja.

Fo' shizzle.

Trainwreck2100
09-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Of corse, they'll stop when it doesn't work

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Stop throat punching and being ninja-esque or the foreclosure thing?

scott
09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Simple average unemployment under Nixon: 5.00%
Simple average unemployment under Clinton: 5.20%
Simple average unemployment under GW Bush: 5.21% (and trending higher)

http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet?data_tool=latest_numbers&series_id=LNS14000000

2centsworth
09-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Simple average unemployment under Nixon: 5.00%
Simple average unemployment under Clinton: 5.20%
Simple average unemployment under GW Bush: 5.21% (and trending higher)

http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet?data_tool=latest_numbers&series_id=LNS14000000

wow 5.2 under clinton with relative peace. 5.21% under GW considering the internet bubble, corporate scandels, the sub-prime fiasco, and two wars.

dude is a genius.

RonMexico
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I haven't seen the majority Democratic congress improve the recession at all in nearly a year of activity. In fact, I've seen the recession increase and energy prices rise.

The bottom line is that not every economic factor is within the President's control (nor is it in Congress's absolute control for that matter). An unemployment change of .01% is pretty much negligible considering the widespread economic crisis that has affected America with energy costs and tightening credit.

RonMexico
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM

Not just any cigarettes - a pack of menthols.

IceColdBrewski
09-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Not just any cigarettes - a pack of menthols.

:lol

boutons_
09-11-2008, 05:47 PM
"that both McCain and Palin say they've stood up to the corrupted republican"

... just another lie.

The pitbull lipstick bitch is The Earmark Queen (hats off to St. Ronnie Reagan's bullshit). McSame was corrupted by Keating.

and now these two "reforming" assholes are pure as fresh snow? running AGAINST the Repugs? It's fucking delirious.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 06:07 PM
"that both McCain and Palin say they've stood up to the corrupted republican"

... just another lie.

The pitbull lipstick bitch is The Earmark Queen (hats off to St. Ronnie Reagan's bullshit). McSame was corrupted by Keating.

and now these two "reforming" assholes are pure as fresh snow? running AGAINST the Repugs? It's fucking delirious.

McCain has never filed a earmark and said he will do everything he can to stop this practice. Has Obama ever filed a earmark and what is his position on them?

boutons_
09-11-2008, 06:32 PM
"he will do everything he can to stop this practice."

which is total bullshit. a sideshow to play to the rabble (who ADORE earmarks when they fall into their district), earmarks are not all bad, and add up to 1% of total budget.

Obama never said he was gonna stop earmarks, did he?

"McCain and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin have put attacks on what they call excessive spending at the heart of this year’s Republican presidential campaign. But when Palin served as mayor of her hometown of Wasilla, outside Anchorage, she obtained about $27 million in federal “earmarks” during her last four years in office, according to the watchdog group Taxpayers for Common Sense. And McCain, who has made pork-busting a centerpiece of his maverick pitch for years, singled out for criticism about $3 million worth of those projects in a 2001 statement opposing a transportation spending bill. McCain’s list of “objectionable” spending included a $2.5 million road project for the town that then had a population of 5,500, as well as a $450,000 appropriation for an agricultural processing plant there."

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/10/mccain-criticized-wasilla-earmarks-in-2001/

I think I read somewhere that Palin submitted requests recently for $200M earmarks for next year. The Earmark Queen.

RonMexico
09-11-2008, 06:58 PM
$200M in earmarks doesn't even touch the national congressional average...

boutons_
09-11-2008, 07:12 PM
I was too low on Palin's earmark requests, and McSame's assholes lied very high about HUSSEIN's, while the WSJ kept changing their article. :lol

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/11/14119/1262/889/595083

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 07:29 PM
It is absolutely stupid tho claim a Mayor or Govorner requests 'earmarks' from the federal government. They lobby for projects to be done. They are not part of the process. This does not automatically make it an earmark, or mean they have any control over the process. Earmarks are something that's normally hidden in an unrelated bill. As long as it is disclosed, and voted on by merit, it isn't an earmark.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 07:40 PM
I was too low on Palin's earmark requests, and McSame's assholes lied very high about HUSSEIN's, while the WSJ kept changing their article. :lol

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/11/14119/1262/889/595083

McCain has no Earmarks --Ever--He walks the walk---match that asshole,