PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Interviewing Palin

Pages : [1] 2

SpursFanFirst
09-11-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't think I've seen this mentioned, but Charles Gibson will be interviewing Palin Friday night. For some reason, I thought it was going to be Thursday and Friday, but according to the following article, it's just Friday.
Will anyone else be watching?

http://www.wsoctv.com/station/17445840/detail.html

A special “20/20” – "The Interview: Sarah Palin with Charles Gibson" -- will air on Friday, September 12 at 10 p.m., ET. The hour will feature more of Gibson’s interviews with the Vice Presidential candidate from Fairbanks and Wasilla. Kate Snow will report on the personal and professional background of Governor Palin leading up to her nomination, and George Stephanopoulos will moderate a live roundtable discussion on the state of the presidential race.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-11-2008, 12:11 PM
one thing that bothers me about this is why are they putting this off 'til friday. friday is a wash in the news, normally, and usually these stories get lost over the weekend. i'm sure this will be an exception, but it still sounds deliberate.

SpursFanFirst
09-11-2008, 12:14 PM
It's 20/20...that's the typical day, isn't it?
I don't make a habit of watching it, so I'm not sure.

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't think I've seen this mentioned, but Charles Gibson will be interviewing Palin Friday night. For some reason, I thought it was going to be Thursday and Friday, but according to the following article, it's just Friday.
Will anyone else be watching?

My understanding of the interview is that it will take place today and tomorrow, but I guess they are not airing it until tomorrow night.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
If she does well, which I suspect, it'll be the talk of the news media all weekend long and once again Palin trumps Obama.

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
If she does well, which I suspect, it'll be the talk of the news media all weekend long and once again Palin trumps Obama.

It will be hard not to do well with Charlie Gibson asking her "Is it tough being a maverick?" and "How do you like your mooseburgers?".

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 12:44 PM
It will be hard not to do well with Charlie Gibson asking her "Is it tough being a maverick?" and "How do you like your mooseburgers?".

:lmao Or "Which color of lipstick do you wear?"

Findog
09-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Good...if they're gonna throw her softballs, air it on a night when no one is watching.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 01:33 PM
They're conducting multiple interviews. That is, to give her a breather between segments so she can be told what to say.

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 04:40 PM
First excerpts....

Sarah Palin Defends Experience, Takes Hard Line Approach on National Security
Republican VP Candidate Speaks with ABC News' Charlie Gibson in Exclusive Interview

By RUSSELL GOLDMAN
Sept. 11, 2008—

On the anniversary of the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history, Gov. Sarah Palin took a hard-line approach on national security and said that war with Russia may be necessary if that nation invades another country.

In her first of three interviews with ABC News's Charles Gibson and the only interview since being picked by Sen. John McCain as his Republican vice presidential nominee, Palin categorized the Russian invasion of Georgia as "unacceptable" and warned of the threats from Islamic terrorists and a nuclear Iran.

The Governor advocated the accession of Georgia and Ukraine into NATO.

When asked by Gibson if under the NATO treaty, the U.S. would have to go to war if Russia again invaded Georgia, Palin responded: "Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help.

"And we've got to keep an eye on Russia. For Russia to have exerted such pressure in terms of invading a smaller democratic country, unprovoked, is unacceptable," she told ABC News' Charles Gibson in an exclusive interview.

. . . .

GIBSON: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy war?

PALIN: You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.

GIBSON: Exact words.

PALIN: But the reference there is a repeat of Abraham Lincoln's words when he said -- first, he suggested never presume to know what God's will is, and I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's words. But what Abraham Lincoln had said, and that's a repeat in my comments, was let us not pray that God is on our side in a war or any other time, but let us pray that we are on God's side. That's what that comment was all about, Charlie.

GIBSON: I take your point about Lincoln's words, but you went on and said, "There is a plan and it is God's plan."

PALIN: I believe that there is a plan for this world and that plan for this world is for good. I believe that there is great hope and great potential for every country to be able to live and be protected with inalienable rights that I believe are God-given, Charlie, and I believe that those are the rights to life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That, in my world view, is a grand -- the grand plan.

GIBSON: But then are you sending your son on a task that is from God?

PALIN: I don't know if the task is from God, Charlie. What I know is that my son has made a decision. I am so proud of his independent and strong decision he has made, what he decided to do and serving for the right reasons and serving something greater than himself and not choosing a real easy path where he could be more comfortable and certainly safer.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 04:48 PM
20-20 at 9 P.M. on a Friday night? What ABC couldn't fit it in after Jimmy Kimmel. Why have the first interview with Sara if you are going to hide it. Liberal media crap.

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Wow that was a huge flip-flop. Completely went the other way on everything she was quoted on saying.

Findog
09-11-2008, 04:54 PM
In about 1.5 months Sarah Palin will be synonymous with Curtis LeMay

:tu

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/PWCiccone/LemayGun.jpg

Findog
09-11-2008, 04:56 PM
If Obama can't have his surrogates make hay over Palin's "We might need to go to war with Russia," then they deserve to lose this election. They'll never do any such thing in office, even they're not that nuts, but this is the kind of gaffe you can rightly scare voters with.

IceColdBrewski
09-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Wow that was a huge flip-flop. Completely went the other way on everything she was quoted on saying.

At least she didn't pull an ("above my pay grade") Obama.

florige
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
If Obama can't have his surrogates make hay over Palin's "We might need to go to war with Russia," then they deserve to lose this election. They'll never do any such thing in office, even they're not that nuts, but this is the kind of gaffe you can rightly scare voters with.

Yeah that is pretty surprising she would say that.

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 05:16 PM

I think in the context of the discussion, the statement makes sense.

GIBSON: And under the NATO treaty, wouldn't we then have to go to war if Russia went into Georgia?

PALIN: Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help. But NATO, I think, should include Ukraine, definitely, at this point and I think that we need to -- especially with new leadership coming in on January 20, being sworn on, on either ticket, we have got to make sure that we strengthen our allies, our ties with each one of those NATO members. We have got to make sure that that is the group that can be counted upon to defend one another in a very dangerous world today.

GIBSON: And you think it would be worth it to the United States, Georgia is worth it to the United States to go to war if Russia were to invade.

PALIN: What I think is that smaller democratic countries that are invaded by a larger power is something for us to be vigilant against. We have got to be cognizant of what the consequences are if a larger power is able to take over smaller democratic countries. And we have got to be vigilant. We have got to show the support, in this case, for Georgia. The support that we can show is economic sanctions perhaps against Russia, if this is what it leads to. It doesn't have to lead to war and it doesn't have to lead, as I said, to a Cold War, but economic sanctions, diplomatic pressure, again, counting on our allies to help us do that in this mission of keeping our eye on Russia and Putin and some of his desire to control and to control much more than smaller democratic countries. His mission, if it is to control energy supplies, also, coming from and through Russia, that's a dangerous position for our world to be in, if we were to allow that to happen.

It's not a bad answer. I think ABC headline was misleading.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
How many NATO countries can the Russians invade before enough is enough. There are 26 countries in NATO . Sara took the NATO line.

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 05:29 PM
How many NATO countries can the Russians invade before enough is enough. There are 26 countries in NATO . Sara took the NATO line.

Georgia is not a NATO country, but the question was a hypothetical.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 05:31 PM

Hey, at least she understands the international scene.

Obama wanted the UN to figure out how to deal with Russia, and Russia has Veto Power!

He's such a dunce...

Findog
09-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Look, you can't have a hot war with Russia, NATO or no NATO. We already have a pseudo Cold War on our hands again with Russia. If she doesn't want a hot war with Russia, then she needs to make that a bit more clear.

Findog
09-11-2008, 05:33 PM
If we can go into Iraq, then how come the Russians can't go into Georgia? It's not right when the Russians do it either, but it is so ironic hearing Republicans condemn aggression from other countries.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Georgia is not a NATO country, but the question was a hypothetical.

You are right. Georgia has wanted to join NATO.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 05:35 PM
:lmao @ the answer spin to energy when asked about the alaskan national guard and her foriegn policy experienced.

Coached like a mother.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 05:36 PM
OH SHIT "you can actually see Russia from Alaska"

LMAO LMAO

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Man, the editing in this interview is HORRIBLE.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
LOL man, she's been so coached and she sounds so scripted. I'm not sure how this is going to come off but to me it looks shitty as hell and she looks so dumb. I honestly think this interview is the absolute worst she's looked so far.

I am very biased and i admit that, but man I just can't see how this interview.

Oh shit she doesn't even know what the bush doctorine is!!! Oh fuck how did they not coach her on that?

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Like I've said before, once this woman has to get in front of cameras and go LIVE she will undoubtedly falter a bit. The luster and shine looks good when she can stay on script, but you can clearly see she is way too under qualified for this job once she has to think for herself.

The question America is do you want to take a chance of having to train this woman on the spot, or would you rather go with a sure bet in Obama and Biden?

Lackluster
09-11-2008, 05:41 PM
If we can go into Iraq, then how come the Russians can't go into Georgia? It's not right when the Russians do it either, but it is so ironic hearing Republicans condemn aggression from other countries.

i think she says it's okay to invade unprovoked if the country is not democratic.

a calculated and deliberate ass-covering imo

love the back-pedaling on the whole "task from God" thing too :lol

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 05:42 PM
I wish the VP debate was tomorrow. I really really do because she's going to get coached like no bodies business before it comes up. Man, I'm FLOORED she didn't know what the Bush doctorine was.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Sara did good. She got the same type of questions Obama got.

SpursFanFirst
09-11-2008, 05:49 PM
hmmm...now I just saw this on People.com

Although critics have questioned her experience for the job, Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin says she never second-guessed herself when John McCain asked her to join his ticket.

"I didn't hesitate," Palin, 44, said in an interview with ABC's Charles Gibson, scheduled to air Thursday night on World News with Charles Gibson. "I answered [McCain] 'yes' because I have the confidence in that readiness and knowing that you can't blink. You have to be wired in a way of being so committed to the mission, the mission that we're on, reform of this country and victory in the war; you can't blink."

When pressed by Gibson if she could take over as president if necessary, Palin answered: "I'm ready."

In the first of three interviews – the second will air Thursday night on Nightline, and the third is scheduled for a Friday morning broadcast on Good Morning America – Palin also discusses foreign affairs, weighing in on the United States' relationship with Russia and Georgia, and also clears up a remark she made about the war in Iraq, which she called "a task from God."

Palin said she was alluding to a quote by Abraham Lincoln.

"I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's words," she said. "But what Abraham Lincoln had said, and that's a repeat in my comments, was let us not pray that God is on our side in a war or any other time, but let us pray that we are on God's side."

And Palin has a personal connection to Iraq. Her eldest son, Track, 19, was scheduled to deploy on Thursday.

"I am so proud of his independent and strong decision he has made," Palin said. "What he decided to do and serving for the right reasons and serving something greater himself and not choosing a real easy path where he could be more comfortable and certainly safer."

Why wouldn't they air this interview in a consistent time slot? That's awful.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 05:49 PM
I fail to see where she said anything wrong. Any freedom lover should be thrilled by her words.

Must be a bunch of pussies here.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
You know what I love about this election cycle...

The liberals think Obama is running aganst Palin!

I love it when the VP candidate of the republicans can stand toe to toe whith the presidential democrat candidate, and come across far better!

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 05:54 PM
He is running against Palin.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Say what you want, and if Palin wins the election for the Republicans then great. But that woman is no where near qualified for the job.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 05:58 PM
I guess Sara just killed the the smear that she won't have the backbone to stand up to anyone if she has to take over for John.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Say what you want, and if Palin wins the election for the Republicans then great. But that woman is no where near qualified for the job.

You know, it would be nice if she had more executive experience, but Obama doesn't have any!

SpursFanFirst
09-11-2008, 06:02 PM

I was just reading a comment on TVspy that said the same thing.
how did you see this already? Am I missing something?

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 06:03 PM
I was just reading a comment on TVspy that said the same thing.
how did you see this already? Am I missing something?

The editing was bad for who? Democrats.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-11-2008, 06:04 PM

That was the same comment from many people here while we were all huddled around watching.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't give a shit about "executive experience". She's never considered herself in a position for this until at most a month ago and probaly not even then. I promise you it hasn't even sunk in yet for her. She doesn't understand what she's running for.

McCain is far better than Bush and I won't deny that in any way. I don't think he's as good as Obama, but he's better than Kerry for sure too. Palin however, is just out of her league. That she didn't know what the fucking Bush doctorine was shows me just how much she's thought about foriegn policy.

If McCain wins, I hope nothing happens to him. I shudder to think of her in charge.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 06:07 PM
That was the same comment from many people here while we were all huddled around watching.

Just from a technical stand point it was shit. The audio was different levels on each cut and the cuts were so fucking obvious and jerky. Shitty shitty work.

MannyIsGod
The editing was bad for who? Democrats.

Yes. Democrats hate shitty technical editing.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Look, you can't have a hot war with Russia, NATO or no NATO. We already have a pseudo Cold War on our hands again with Russia. If she doesn't want a hot war with Russia, then she needs to make that a bit more clear.

Tell that to the Russians threatening war with us over Georgia, threatening to nuke Poland, etc.

It's rhetoric.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
:lmao @ the answer spin to energy when asked about the alaskan national guard and her foriegn policy experienced.

Coached like a mother.

Well, not everyone can read everything off a teleprompter like Obama.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
LOL "You can see Russia from Alaska". Saying that to infer foriegn policy qualification was graet.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 06:09 PM

Who needs a teleprompter when you just memorize the same line and no matter how many times Gibson asks you for a yes or no you just repeat the line?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Who needs a teleprompter when you just memorize the same line and no matter how many times Gibson asks you for a yes or no you just repeat the line?

Yeah, she should say 'uh' 50 times like Obama and then talk about breathalyzers or something.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Good thing Obama never reads from a script because the former editor of the Harvard Law review would never make a remark like "lipstick on a Pig" --No script there!

IceColdBrewski
09-11-2008, 06:12 PM

Funny. Joe Biden, Hillary, and Bill Clinton all said that Barak wasn't qualified during the primaries. But unlike Sarah Palin, he actually is running for President.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2008, 06:14 PM
K - you guys can circle jerk over Palin if you'd like. I'm not interested in exchanging stupid one liners over teleprompters because you can't admit that her knowledge on foriegn affairs was seriously and obviously lacking.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Come on Manny, you're better than this. Everything Obama does is scripted. He couldn't tie his fucking shoes without his handlers telling him how. And you're upset about some of Palin's answers seeming scripted?

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 06:18 PM
K - you guys can circle jerk over Palin if you'd like. I'm not interested in exchanging stupid one liners over teleprompters because you can't admit that her knowledge on foriegn affairs was seriously and obviously lacking.

How much foreign affairs experience does Obama have . Less that his VP running mate Biden. Sara has less than John but she is not running for president like Obama is. So Sara has the same experence as Obama.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 06:21 PM
How much foreign affairs experience does Obama have . Less that his VP running mate Biden. Sara has less than John but she is not running for president like Obama is. So Sara has the same experence as Obama.

This is a non-starter for you guys and has been covered numerous times before. The fact that you're bringing it up again implies what a cone of silence you keep yourselves under.

Obama is on the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee. As a member of that committee, he ranks as one of the country's experts on foreign policy. Doesn't mean he's always right, doesn't mean you have to agree with him on all things, but it definitely means he's more than capable in the field.

And by the way, VP Biden is the chair of the committee.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 06:23 PM
This is a non-starter for you guys and has been covered numerous times before. The fact that you're bringing it up again implies what a cone of silence you keep yourselves under.

Obama is on the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee. As a member of that committee, he ranks as one of the country's experts on foreign policy. Doesn't mean he's always right, doesn't mean you have to agree with him on all things, but it definitely means he's more than capable in the field.

It doesn't mean shit. He doesn't have the experience, and he doesn't rank as an expert. The Dems put him there to pad his resume for a presidential run.

Findog
09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Tell that to the Russians threatening war with us over Georgia, threatening to nuke Poland, etc.

It's rhetoric.

Putin aint running for office. We can't do anything to the Russians and they can't do anything to us. All we can do about Georgia is whine about it and lack the self-awareness to condemn their aggression while ignoring our own (Iraq).

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 06:28 PM

How long has Obama been on that committee? What has he accomplished on that committee? It seems he has spent most of his time in congress running for president. What bill has his name on them from that committee.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 06:34 PM
How long has Obama been on that committee? What has he accomplished on that committee? It seems he has spent most of his time in congress running for president. What bill has his name on them from that committee.

He cosponsored a bill with Republican Dick Lugar on nuclear non-proliferation.

You can go ahead and lick my asshole clean. Thanks.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 06:39 PM
He cosponsored a bill with Republican Dick Lugar on nuclear non-proliferation.

You can go ahead and lick my asshole clean. Thanks.

Where does anyone start as you are a total asshole.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Where does anyone start as you are a total asshole.

Dude, you just got creamed. I'd walk away from the computer for a while if I were you.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Dude, you just got creamed. I'd walk away from the computer for a while if I were you.

Thats a bullshit bill as it hasnt' stopped a thing. Just window dressing. Iran going for the Nuke to give to Hamas. Is it stopping that? Did it stop the IED's. Lick my dick you asshole.
read the bill and tell me what it stopped.

http://obama.senate.gov/press/060523-lugar-obama_bil/

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/EmptySuit-Md.jpg

clambake
09-11-2008, 06:51 PM
.....carving up the constitution...militarism....empire and corporate control of every aspect of our government...upward redistribution of wealth with NO oversite...kill the middle class (you guys better figure out who your customers are)..

...the urge to fight iran...unswerving support for israel (their crooks are just like ours)...and where returning to a cold war with russia is viewed as sensible policy..

how much has america learned in 8 years?

Findog
09-11-2008, 07:01 PM
.....carving up the constitution...militarism....empire and corporate control of every aspect of our government...upward redistribution of wealth with NO oversite...kill the middle class (you guys better figure out who your customers are)..

...the urge to fight iran...unswerving support for israel (their crooks are just like ours)...and where returning to a cold war with russia is viewed as sensible policy..

how much has america learned in 8 years?

Half of America hasn't learned a goddamned thing. Barack Obama called Sarah Palin a pig and wants to teach our kids how to give good head.

McCain Palin 08 Everybody!

Findog
09-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Barack Obama also called John McCain a stinky fish.

Det's funny.

The story about Obama wanting sex-ed for Kindergartners is bullshit.

But I don't see the harm in a PARENT telling THEIR CHILD about reality from when the child is young.

I think sex-ed in public schools is one of those government cop outs for parents who don't want to parent.

Barack Obama is an angry, scary Negro that wants to teach our kindergardeners the best method for putting on a rubber!

Findog
09-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I'd be totally embarrassed to have to parrot those distortions on Spurstalk. At least the McCain Press Fags get paid to disseminate bullshit.

Findog
09-11-2008, 07:08 PM
if they're down on all fours they're in the right position

Anything involving a back door delivery is ok in my book.

Findog
09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
that's what he said

http://members.aol.com/antoninartaud/card3.jpg

SnakeBoy
09-11-2008, 07:21 PM

LMAO, you called yourself a faggot that's likes to get his ass licked, and he got creamed? Idiot.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I don't give a shit about "executive experience". She's never considered herself in a position for this until at most a month ago and probaly not even then. I promise you it hasn't even sunk in yet for her. She doesn't understand what she's running for.

So Omaba is qualified because he wants the job?

OK.. I get it. If you know a burger flipper that wants to be a mechanic, but has no experience, you will let him work on your car. Right? That's fine, but this is my county too. I want someone with experience.

The best people in political history are those who did not aspire to be who they became. I don't think any of the founding father wanted to become who they did. Their moral integrity drove them to do what they did. They answered the call of duty.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Obama is on the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.

Is that the commitee that he has, but hasn't chaired a single meeting?

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 07:57 PM
So from what I gather in this thread from Republicans is that being on the Senate Foreign Affairs committee in no way qualifies you to deal with Foreign Affairs. How insightful.

Can you at least try and debate? C'mon, just try and put some facts together....... :lmao

KenMcCoy
09-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Much the same way that the Dems on this board believe that being a governor and having final say on all decisions in a state doesn't qualify a person to be VP.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Obama is the chairman of the United States Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on European Affairs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_Foreign_Relations_Subcommitte e_on_European_Affairs#cite_note-WSJ-2008-08-25-0). It has not meet since he became chairman:

The subcommittee is chaired by Democrat Barack Obama of Illinois, and the Ranking Minority member is Republican Jim DeMint of South Carolina. The subcommittee has not met since the appointment of Senator Obama as chairman, because Senator Joe Biden, chairman of the full Foreign Relations committee, has been holding those hearings himself.

Looks like Obama can't do the Joe without Joe holding his hand!

MEMBERSHIP AND JURISDICTION
OF SUBCOMMITTEES
OF THE
COMMITTEE ON
FOREIGN RELATIONS
110th Congress 1st Session
UNITED STATES SENATE
JANUARY 2007 (http://www.senate.gov/~foreign/jurisdiction.html):

SUBCOMMITTEE ON EUROPEAN AFFAIRS

Barack Obama, Chairman

Jim DeMint, Ranking Member

Jurisdiction:

The subcommittee deals with all matters concerning U.S. relations with the countries on the continent of Europe (except the states of Central Asia that are within the jurisdiction of the Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South Asian Affairs), and with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, the European Union and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. Matters relating to Greenland and the northern polar region are also the responsibility of this subcommittee.

This subcommittee's responsibilities include all matters within the geographic region relating to: (1) terrorism and non-proliferation; (2) crime and illicit narcotics; (3) U.S. foreign assistance programs; and (4) the promotion of U.S. trade and exports.

Biden Camp Pressed Hard For a Slot on the Ticket (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121962207012167649.html?mod=hpp_us_whats_news):

Sen. Biden proved to be a vocal campaigner for Sen. Obama once he became the party's presumptive nominee in June. When Republicans criticized Sen. Obama last month for not holding any hearings on Afghanistan in his Foreign Relations subcommittee on the region, Sen. Biden stepped in to defend his colleague, saying that as chairman of the full committee, he had made a policy of holding those hearings himself.

No. He just doesn't trust Obama to do it right. He doesn't take control of all the other sub committees!

SpursFanFirst
09-11-2008, 08:13 PM
One article said it would air tomorrow night, and one article said it was being aired at 3 different times.
When did you guys (Manny and Johnny) watch it?

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Z75QSExE0jU
:toast

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I'll say this plainly and slowly, as non-partisan as possible:

If Palin takes control of the government, should McCain be incapacitated, this nation is in big, big trouble.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-11-2008, 09:30 PM
That's pretty funny.

And scary.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm biased as well but I thought she did okay but not nearly as beautiful as a job she does on the stump. And I meant nothing sexual with that statement.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 09:35 PM
One article said it would air tomorrow night, and one article said it was being aired at 3 different times.

There are many excerpts around.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 09:50 PM
So from what I gather in this thread from Republicans is that being on the Senate Foreign Affairs committee in no way qualifies you to deal with Foreign Affairs. How insightful.

Can you at least try and debate? C'mon, just try and put some facts together....... :lmao

If you're on a committee but you're never there because you're out trying to campaign for president 140 days after you got in office, how much experience can you be gaining, exactly?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Putin aint running for office. We can't do anything to the Russians and they can't do anything to us. All we can do about Georgia is whine about it and lack the self-awareness to condemn their aggression while ignoring our own (Iraq).

Well I guess it's a good thing it was a hypothetical, then.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 10:08 PM
If you're on a committee but you're never there because you're out trying to campaign for president 140 days after you got in office, how much experience can you be gaining, exactly?

And what kind of foreign experience does being able to see Russia from Alaska give you? Can't you open your mind just a little bit and at least admit that she does not have foreign policy experience?

SpursFanFirst
09-11-2008, 10:08 PM
There are many excerpts around.

I've seen several of them now. They ran them on CNN.

09-11-2008, 10:14 PM
And what kind of foreign experience does being able to see Russia from Alaska give you?

Please tell me that was a joke or at least link it up.

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Please tell me that was a joke or at least link it up.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/31/cindy-palin-russia/
Today on ABC’s This Week, Cindy McCain tried to rebut the criticism that Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) has no national experience by taking a talking point from Fox’s Steve Doocy. McCain pointed to the fact that Palin’s state is near Russia:

STEPHANOPOULOS: But she has no national security experience.

McCAIN: You know, the experience that she comes from is what she’s done in government, and remember, Alaska is the closest part of our continent to Russia. It’s not as if she doesn’t understand what’s at stake here.

Also, Fox News' Steve Doocy makes the same claim -
KDmNk23vEYI

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 10:21 PM
It's insulting to my intelligence to listen to the right wing sometimes. Did that guy seriously just say she has international experience because Russia is near Alaska?

This is why I've stopped watching Fox news a long time ago.

Ya Vez
09-11-2008, 10:22 PM
so I guess until Mccain kicks she will only be responsible for the following..

The Vice President is the President of the US Senate. While he does not really control anything in the Senate, he is called on to be the tie-breaking vote if the Senate is deadlocked. They also oversee procedural issues and preside over impeachment trials, unless the person impeached is the President. In that case, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court oversees the trial. The VP is not usually to be found in everyday Senate meetings, instead allowing a senate-chosen President pro tempore to preside over usual proceedings.

The second official job of the Vice President is to take over the Presidency if the President resigns, dies or is impeached and removed from office, as outlined by the 25th Amendment of the Constitution of America. This has happened nine times in US history, beginning with the succession of President Tyler upon the death of President William Henry Harrison, and most recently with President Gerald Ford replacing President Nixon after Nixon’s resignation from office.

In addition to the two main duties, the Vice President usually performs whatever function the President deems necessary. Some have chosen to get involved with domestic issues, or have acted as the President’s representative to foreign governments. The VP may also serve in an advisory capacity to the President, but this is not always the case. The power of the office is largely determined by the relationship between the President and the VP. Frequently, the two holders of the offices have been political rivals or even enemies, and the VP is occasionally resigned to relatively low-impact work.

Nonetheless, the role of the VP is a vital one to the stability of the nation. By insuring that the succession will go directly to the VP in the event of the President’s death, the opportunities for panic and chaos are severely reduced. If the President and Vice President enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship, the Vice President can be a powerful figure in Washington and across the nation, even leading to their own future success as a candidate for President.

hitmanyr2k
09-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Obama has at least TRAVELED to foreign lands. He's met world leaders. O'Reilly grilled Obama on foreign policy and the guy at least had a clue what the fuck he was talking about.

What the fuck has Palin done? She may as well be reading cue cards when foreign issues come up. She recites shit like she's studying for a fuckin history test. She's dangerous period. She doesn't know jackshit. She's the female version of Dan Quayle...and people want to accept this.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Boston is closer to Moscow than Juneau is.

Ya Vez
09-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I'll say this plainly and slowly, as non-partisan as possible:

If Palin takes control of the government, should McCain be incapacitated, this nation is in big, big trouble.

gee.. I guess presidents don't have staffs, and cabinets members..

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 10:36 PM

1. Why vote for anyone, then? Just vote for a 'handling team.'

2. Judgment. If she doesn't know shit - and apparently she doesn't - then how does she know to trust her advisors? History is replete with schemers and dark courtiers.

hitmanyr2k
09-11-2008, 10:37 PM

Yeah, Bush's cabinet and staff did GREAT to make up for his inexperience in foreign affairs :lol

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 10:44 PM
It's insulting to my intelligence to listen to the right wing sometimes. Did that guy seriously just say she has international experience because Russia is near Alaska?

This is why I've stopped watching Fox news a long time ago.

Palin says it as well....

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

09-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Nice.

And I didn't buy her Abe Lincoln reference, either.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2008, 11:03 PM
CROFLROCLDROFLROFL!!

She just lost McCain so many votes in the center....that was fucking hilarious! CRWNT!!!!

AHF come on man you're smarter than that, theres nothing here to defend. She looked like a fool and Gibson was so nice about it theres no angle for the republicans to say she was badgered.

Defending her is like Spurs fans saying George Hill will pan out.

Allowing her to do this interview, at her peak popularity when a shitload of people probably watched, will go down as a huge mistake.

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 11:04 PM
I can certainly understand the concern over her lack of foreign policy experience and I didn't necessarily get a warm fuzzy from listening to her. Still, she's not at the top of the ticket.

I just hope McCain survives until 2012.

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Defending her is like Spurs fans saying George Hill will pan out.

Best line of the night

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I can certainly understand the concern over her lack of foreign policy experience and I didn't necessarily get a warm fuzzy from listening to her. Still, she's not at the top of the ticket.

I just hope McCain survives until 2012.

For a party that has always claimed to be so damn worried about National Security, you sure aren't expressing any qualms of the possible fiasco that could occur if she were President.

Hmm, maybe it was all bullshit?

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 11:09 PM
PALIN: Charlie, you're in Alaska. We have that very narrow maritime border between the United States, and the 49th state, Alaska, and Russia. They are our next door neighbors.We need to have a good relationship with them. They're very, very important to us and they are our next door neighbor.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia.

What the everloving hell?

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Oh God they are saving the best for last :lmao

No wonder McCain kept her locked up for so long. She's fucking dumb as dirt.

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 11:16 PM
For a party that has always claimed to be so damn worried about National Security, you sure aren't expressing any qualms of the possible fiasco that could occur if she were President.

Hmm, maybe it was all bullshit?

Based on my current life situation, CINC is my biggest concern in the upcoming election and will always be a major factor in my vote for the next president (Republican or Democrat).

And while I don't feel very comfortable with the person on the bottom of the Republican ticket, I'm not sure I feel much better about the person at the top of the Democratic ticket.

For me, McCain's experience in the military and as a member of senate committees related to the armed services puts him in the best position to lead this military over the next four years to finish the job in Iraq and Afghanistan and to rebuild the force for whatever the future holds.

09-11-2008, 11:17 PM

So all that just to say, "None" ?

I need a Barkley audio clip...

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 11:18 PM

That's a completely loaded question. She probably should've said "none" and left it at that....but it was a bullshit question that never should've been asked in the first place.

PixelPusher
09-11-2008, 11:20 PM
All Green Bay, Wisconsin residents have what amounts to real NFL coaching experience - they can see Lambeau Field from their houses.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 11:23 PM
All Green Bay, Wisconsin residents have what amounts to real NFL coaching experience - they can see Lambeau Field from their houses.

I am Martian ambassador because I can see Mars some nights.

... (I stole that one.)

baseline bum
09-11-2008, 11:23 PM

:lol

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I think that's the "lipstick on a pig" comment the Dems were waiting for Palin to unload.

Obama was smart in not ruthlessly attacking her and setting the bar low. Instead he let the media and GOP pump her up to be some super candidate. The only way to go is down from here. Gotta love it, Obama is no John Kerry.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Stunning performance so far. She has room to redeem herself. What, like three more interviews? She can stall out just talking about her cherubic fambly.

Nbadan
09-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Not much wiggle room there either...her daughter engages in unprotected pre-marital sex...
...the oldest son is an addict, and the spouse is a separatist....

whottt
09-11-2008, 11:31 PM
:lmfao if any of you guys think this woman isn't going to become more and more of a factor every time she opens her mouth.

My advice is to stop painting her as a zealot when she obviously isn't one....it only makes you look dishonest. And the truth will come out.

Plus...no one cares if she's foreign policy master right now, or knows exactly how to be President...no one has been President before becoming President so any one with a molecule of common sense understands that.

It's about how she carries herself and she is fearless, and she is confident...even having to adapt to McCain platform.

The only chance you guys have is to hope she decides she misses Alaska and doesn't want to pursue the Presidency because she will be forced to spend the rest of her life surrounded by Secret Service Agents. I could see her saying fuck that...

She seems like the type that likes to screw in the woods and the SS Agent will definitely hinder that.

But you aren't going to scare her, and you aren't going to make her look bad..

She's got "it" and there's not a fucking thing you libs can do about it except bend over and take it like men.

It is over...

florige
09-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Can you guys imagine if this were Meet the Press?:lol

baseline bum
09-11-2008, 11:33 PM
But you aren't going to scare, and you aren't going to make her look bad..

We don't need to. Looks like she's doing a hell of a job exposing herself as clueless already. :lol

Nbadan
09-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Can you guys imagine if this were Meet the Press?:lol

God forbid she would get interviewed by Olberman or Maddow like Obama stepped into the den of hell with O'lilley

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 11:34 PM
What's amazing is these were pretty basic questions. As close to softball questions as far as policy goes.

So... uh, what do you think about Bush's policies?

Yeah? Okay, McCain is big on Georgia stuff. What do you think?

You've said you live close to Russia... what does that mean to you?

That last one... the best they could coach her on was, "I live close to Russia therefore we are close to each other?"

I think Gibson was legitimately stunned how unprepared she was.

whottt
09-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Let's sign Jason Kidd

:tu

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Obama doesn't need to sling mud at Palin. The media outlets will take care of that all by themselves.

The smartest move he can make right now is to ignore her completely and focus all his attacks on McCain. Painting McCain as "McSame" is a surprsingly simple and effective approach, he needs to stick with it.

Spurminator
09-11-2008, 11:36 PM
God forbid she would get interviewed by Olberman or Maddow like Obama stepped into the den of hell with O'lilley

How did that go anyway? I don't remember a five page thread on that interview. Must have been uneventful.

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 11:37 PM
As a Republican you know you've lost when you start bringing Jason Kidd into the discussion.

Wild Cobra
Not much wiggle room there either...her daughter engages in unprotected pre-marital sex...
...the oldest son is an addict, and the spouse is a separatist....

Who said that who would know?

Didn't they teach you in school that sbstinance is the only 100% surefire way not to get pregnant?

Every other birth control has a failure rate.

Now the son... That's a new on. Haven't heard that lie yet. It's also known that the husband is not a separatist. He belonged to the group that has some members who want to suceed from the union. That's about it.

By your method of association, Obama is a terrorist!

Nbadan
How did that go anyway? I don't remember a five page thread on that interview. Must have been uneventful.

...there was nothing sensational for the wing-nuts to exploit, so yeah, it was noneventful..

whottt
09-11-2008, 11:38 PM
By the way...has Obama finished answering that first question he was asked on the forum yet?

Uh...uh....

whottt
09-11-2008, 11:39 PM
As a Republican you know you've lost when you start bringing Jason Kidd into the discussion.

Whatever makes you feel better.

whottt
09-11-2008, 11:41 PM
PS: John McCain only asked Obama to co campaign and do town hall style debates about 635 times during that forum as a way of lessening the smearing..

Obama wants no part of that...I wonder why.

Maybe we should let him debate Palin...

florige
09-11-2008, 11:42 PM
You could tell she was nervous as shit when Gibson first asked her that question. That pause in between was like "oh shit, what the hell is that" She really didn't play it off well at all even though some people here thought she did...

Mr. Body
Obama doesn't need to sling mud at Palin. The media outlets will take care of that all by themselves.

The smartest move he can make right now is to ignore her completely and focus all his attacks on McCain. Painting McCain as "McSame" is a surprsingly simple and effective approach, he needs to stick with it.

Absolutely. That's why he smartly called everyone off almost immediately when his press guys jumped the gun with the "she's too inexperienced" press release the first day. Naturally they knew who she was, but didn't know quite how it would play out. Then there was all the dumb show about her family, which really helped McCain/Palin out for a while, but meanwhile Obama was keeping the powder dry. Let her burn herself out.

Wild Cobra
PS: John McCain only asked Obama to co campaign and do town hall style debates about 635 times during that forum as a way of lessening the smearing..

Obama wants no part of that...I wonder why.

Maybe we should let him debate Palin...

Why?

He's not qualified to debate her either!

Nbadan
09-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Why?

He's not qualified to debate her either!

Obama would tear her a new asshole...

baseline bum
09-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Obama would tear her a new asshole...

I don't know. You think he'd ask her tougher questions than the ones Gibson already tore her a new asshole with?

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 11:49 PM
The Kerry camp made a huge mistake of portraying Bush as stupid and set the bar so ridiculously low for him that it kind of worked in Bush's favor when all was said and done.

The GOP was banking on Obama to do the same to Palin.

PM5K
09-11-2008, 11:50 PM
If Bush can become President, she can certainly become VP....

Oh well, at least it will make for an entertaining segment on Letterman...

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 11:51 PM
The Kerry camp made a huge mistake of portraying Bush as stupid and set the bar so ridiculously low for him that it kind of worked in Bush's favor when all was said and done.

The GOP was banking on Obama to do the same to Palin.

Yeah.

Nbadan
09-11-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't know. You think he'd ask her tougher questions than the ones Gibson already tore her a new asshole with?

Yeah, like her husband's affiliation to an Alaskan separatists group...or her own affiliation to a church who's pastor has said some not very nice things about America...turn about is fair play after all..

florige
09-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Hell I thought Obama did ok against Clinton even though he was holding back some. Palin fails in comparison to Clinton in that respect imo....

AFBlue
09-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Not too impressed with what I've seen thus far from her, but I'll hold out final judgement until she's made all of her appearances and debated JB.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I love how y'all are having a problem with her asking him to clarify what he meant by Bush Doctrine. There's like 8-9 parts to it, how dare she ask him to clarify!

Nbadan
09-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Dude....she didn't have a clue what the Bush doctrine is...

AFBlue
09-12-2008, 12:27 AM

Wouldn't you actually consider it a good thing if she wasn't familiar with a doctrine that you are staunchly opposed to?!?!?!

FWIW, I think she knew where he was going (preemptive strike as a policy) but wanted to make sure before she answered.

TheMadHatter
09-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Um no. Watch the interview again. She clearly had no idea WTF he was talking about and was trying to bait him into explaining what the Bush doctrine was. When she saw she wasn't going to get bailed out she gave some scripted BS line about Bush's "worldview". Clearly, she had never heard the term.

09-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Wouldn't you actually consider it a good thing if she wasn't familiar with a doctrine that you are staunchly opposed to?!?!?!

FWIW, I think she knew where he was going (preemptive strike as a policy) but wanted to make sure before she answered.

It's possible, but she still dodged the question after it was painfully clear what he was asking.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-12-2008, 12:37 AM

Pt. 1 was foreign policy (aired Thursday on WNT and Nightline).
Pt. 2 was environment/energy policy (aired Thursday on Nightline).

I keep hearing Pt. 3 is Friday on WNT, but I thought it was all Friday on 20/20.

They have clips at ABCNews.com.

Mr. Peabody

Then why didn't she say "preemptive strike as a policy" when he asked her "what do you interpret it to mean?"?

Her answer was "His world view?".

AFBlue
It's possible, but she still dodged the question after it was painfully clear what he was asking.

That's a bullshit question anyway. Every situation is different and setting out a blanket policy of preemptive strike is rediculous.

Why would Sarah Palin or anyone else on the tickets agree to something like that at this point?

AFBlue
09-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Then why didn't she say "preemptive strike as a policy" when he asked her "what do you interpret it to mean?"?

Her answer was "His world view?".

Not sure....it's just a gut feel based on her reaction and the exchange as a whole.

You obviously disagree, so I guess we'll leave it there.

09-12-2008, 12:41 AM
That's a bullshit question anyway. Every situation is different and setting out a blanket policy of preemptive strike is rediculous.

Why would Sarah Palin or anyone else on the tickets agree to something like that at this point?

Well, she could have easily said something to that effect and it would have gone over much better.

Roll out the..."Each situation is different but we need to keep every option on the table" and move on.

She handled it poorly.

whottt
09-12-2008, 12:41 AM

Yeah but that could just as easily be because they are trying to stave off criticism that they are the 3rd term of the Bush admin, and they are trying to do it without throwing Bush under the bus.

Everyone knows what the Bush doctrine is at the basic level, it's pre-emptive war...it's not like it's a complex thing.

Fighting off accusations that you aren't 3rd term of the Bush Admin without throwing Bush under the bus...now that's complex.

09-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah but that could just as easily be because they are trying to stave off criticism that they are the 3rd term of the Bush admin, and they are trying to do it without throwing Bush under the bus.

Everyone knows what the Bush doctrine is at the basic level, it's pre-emptive war...it's not like it's a complex thing.

Fighting off accusations that you aren't 3rd term of the Bush Admin without throwing Bush under the bus...now that's complex.

I just thought she fumbled the ball. She has time and plenty of opportunities to make up for it.

Nbadan
09-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Now that Palin has thrown God under the bus. expect her to do the same on her controversial view on global warming tomorrow..

"We gotta do something about it". Clear leadership that will lead is out of the ditch and directly into the bottomless crevice.

Palin, however, said: "I believe that man's activities certainly can be contributing to the issue of global warming, climate change. ... Regardless though of the reason for climate change, whether it's entirely, wholly caused by man's activities or is part of the cyclical nature of our planet - the warming and the cooling trends - regardless of that, John McCain and I agree that we gotta do something about it."

AFBlue
09-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Well, she could have easily said something to that effect and it would have gone over much better.

Roll out the..."Each situation is different but we need to keep every option on the table" and move on.

She handled it poorly.

I didn't say she handled it great.

SpursFanFirst
09-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Pt. 1 was foreign policy (aired Thursday on WNT and Nightline).
Pt. 2 was environment/energy policy (aired Thursday on Nightline).

I keep hearing Pt. 3 is Friday on WNT, but I thought it was all Friday on 20/20.

They have clips at ABCNews.com.

Thank you, JB :)

SnakeBoy
09-12-2008, 01:39 AM
Interesting debate amongst people who have already made up their minds. Thing is, Palin dominating the news hurts Obama. It's just that simple.

Like I said on another thread, people see what they want to see. Here's something interesting from another site...

Okay, I went back and looked at the interview that Gibson did with Obama. This was his hard hitting question on Obama’s experience, said oh-so-soothingly:

“If people have a reservation about you, it is that you’re young, you’re inexperienced, and you’re very new to the national stage…” [politely waits while Obama talks at length]

No follow up. No pressing. Okay. covered that, let’s move on.

Contrast that with how he approached Palin’s inexperience.

“Can you look the country in the eye, and say that I have the experience, and I have the ability, to be not just VP but perhaps President of the United States of America?”

So she answers.

Charlie presses: So when McCain asked you, you didn’t HESITATE?

No, Charlie, I didn’t… I told him if I could serve this country I would…

[Charlie frowns, and makes jabbing motions with his thumb and forefinger together] “And you didn’t SAY to yourself, am I experienced enough, am I ready?”

I didn’t hesitate, I didn’t..

[Charlie interrupts] Doesn’t that take some HUBRIS?

I rest my case. The woman suddenly has the bar jacked up 5 times higher than the man, and she is RUNNING FOR THE LOWER POSITION!

Sarah Palin could get caught screwing goats tomorrow, and I would still vote for her. This shit has got to STOP. NOW. THIS year.

All McCain needs is a small percentage of those Hillary women to pull this thing out. The handful of states that will decide this thing had alot of Hillary women. Joe (the gaffe machine) Biden coming out and saying Hillary would have been a better pick isn't exactly helpful on this matter. But hey, the press says the dems are unified so it has to be true right?

hitmanyr2k
09-12-2008, 02:12 AM
I can't believe fools thought Palin was going to be able to debate with Joe Biden :lol

He's been rope-a-doping the public and propping her up as some great debator when he knows damn well how ignorant she is on the issues concerning this country.

SnakeBoy
09-12-2008, 03:29 AM
Yeah Biden is rope-a-doping by publicy saying Hillary would have been a better pick. Way to pick at a scab Joe! Why don't you top it off by telling a guy in a wheelchair to stand up.

BTW, my wife's aunt just came to stay with us until IKE does his damage. She's a complete liberal so I thought I was going to have to keep it off of FOX but nope, she says she just can't vote for Barry...then she started babbling about Hillary (I tuned her out at that point).

SnakeBoy
09-12-2008, 03:39 AM
Sounds like Biden really isn't all that confident about debating Palin.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080910/NEWS15/80910036&imw=Y

The real question is WTF kinda of beauty contest allowed her to be in it?

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper851/stills/4215db63d1841-84-1.jpg

Mr. Body
09-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Kerry made a mistake in lowering expectations for Bush in debates in 2004. Kerry was much better, but the press was so impressed Bush didn't fall flat on his face and gave him the wins.

Biden knows better and is talking Palin up. The press will still love it, because they're spineless and don't really report on issues anymore, but maybe they won't be distracted that she hasn't pooped her pants.

Dark Gable
09-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Yeah Biden is rope-a-doping by publicy saying Hillary would have been a better pick. Way to pick at a scab Joe! Why don't you top it off by telling a guy in a wheelchair to stand up.

BTW, my wife's aunt just came to stay with us until IKE does his damage. She's a complete liberal so I thought I was going to have to keep it off of FOX but nope, she says she just can't vote for Barry...then she started babbling about Hillary (I tuned her out at that point).

She's just another scared woman who is afraid of black men.

Findog
09-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Matt Drudge is currently burying the interview on his site, a sure sign that this interview was a rousing success for Palin and the GOP.

MannyIsGod
09-12-2008, 08:03 AM
It was horrible for Palin, but the fact of the matter is that its probably only downhill from here on out. She's going to get better.

TheMadHatter
09-12-2008, 08:13 AM
McCain will grab the same white male vote that Republicans always get. I sincerely doubt the female voters that wanted Hillary will all switch over to Palin, who is for literally everything Hillary is against.

You are ignoring the huge turnout of black and minority voters for Obama. In key swingstates like Ohio this could make or break the election for him. He needs record turnout from the black communities.

Findog
09-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Obama needs black people to make up about 14-15% of the electorate. If he can do that, McCain is fucked.

101A
09-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Matt Drudge is currently burying the interview on his site, a sure sign that this interview was a rousing success for Palin and the GOP.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080911/i/r3456729158.jpg?x=400&y=268&q=85&sig=lmQrfl4nROj4ba0NSqrH2A--

INTERVIEW: PALIN SAYS SHE WOULD BE READY TO STEP IN AS PRESIDENT... (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5778018&page=1)

Takes tough line on Russia; Advocates Nato membership for Georgia... (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4933f08e-8054-11dd-99a9-000077b07658.html)

Says Didn't Blink When Asked to Run... (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/11/palin-interview-she-didnt-blink-when-asked-to-run/?hp)

Video... (http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=5782873)

Alessandra: Palin showing a confidence, in prepared answers... (http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/12/america/12watch.php)

That's top center of Drudge RIGHT NOW; ONLY thing higher than that is the potential apocalypse itself spinning towards Texas!

Buried, my ass.

Based on your logic, therefore, can we assume the interview was a success?

101A
09-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Obama needs black people to make up about 14-15% of the electorate. If he can do that, McCain is fucked.

Well, seeing as they make up only 13.4% of the POPULATION; and have historically been VERY poor at turning out to vote; I'm doubting that is going to happen.

Just as well; the racists.

jochhejaam
09-12-2008, 08:27 AM

???
Drudge has them dead center, links 2, 3 and 4 from the top.

That's buried only if you're blind.

edit: 101 beat me to it.

Findog
09-12-2008, 08:27 AM
That's top center of Drudge RIGHT NOW; ONLY thing higher than that is the potential apocalypse itself spinning towards Texas!

Buried, my ass.

Based on your logic, therefore, can we assume the interview was a success?

Dude, as of the timestamp of this post, the picture is a tiny square in the middle underneath the Drudge Report masthead, with about 4 links under it. He's not highlighting it at all.

If the interview were a success, it would be in bold font above the masthead. We might even get a gay-ass siren out of it.

101A
09-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Dude, as of the timestamp of this post, the picture is a tiny square in the middle underneath the Drudge Report masthead, with about 4 links under it. He's not highlighting it at all.

If the interview were a success, it would be in bold font above the masthead. We might even get a gay-ass siren out of it.

Fine, so at 7:00 it was an utter failure; again based on your logic; at 8:30, now it is a much greater success based on it's placement on the "Drudge hierarchy". You brought up the Findog Doctrine (Buried on Drudge=Failure), not me.

Findog
09-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Well, seeing as they make up only 13.4% of the POPULATION; and have historically been VERY poor at turning out to vote; I'm doubting that is going to happen.

14-16% of the electorate is not the same thing as 13% of the population. And if you think Obama's ground game + the excitement of a black man running for President isn't going to turn into record-high turnout among blacks, then I can't help you.

101A
09-12-2008, 08:34 AM
14-16% of the electorate is not the same thing as 13% of the population. And if you think Obama's ground game + the excitement of a black man running for President isn't going to turn into record-high turnout among blacks, then I can't help you.

If you think "ground game" will make up for historically (very) low turnouts, then you simply can't be helped.

Again, I'd rather those racists not have a voice in the election, anyway.

2centsworth
09-12-2008, 08:35 AM
you guys crack me up. Findog says the interview is buried and Manny says it stunk, so I was truly expecting something bad.

Come to find out the interview is top center right below the hurricane picture, so no it's not buried. Plus, she did why better than expected.

The best thing about this interview is she totally made herself out to be #2 on the ticket.

She came across as all woman.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 08:36 AM
You brought up the Findog Doctrine (Buried on Drudge=Failure), not me.

By Findog Doctrine you mean his world view....right?

101A
09-12-2008, 08:38 AM
By Findog Doctrine you mean his world view....right?

touche.

(and let him fight his own battles)

florige
09-12-2008, 08:38 AM

Unbelievable!

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 08:39 AM
you guys crack me up. Findog says the interview is buried and Manny says it stunk, so I was truly expecting something bad.

Come to find out the interview is top center right below the hurricane picture, so no it's not buried. Plus, she did why better than expected.

The best thing about this interview is she totally made herself out to be #2 on the ticket.

:lmao
What the hell were your expectations for this interview? Did you think she was going to whip out a huge penis or something?

She definitely has a vagina, so this interview was a categorical success.....:toast

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 08:40 AM
touche.

(and let him fight his own battles)

Sorry, I couldn't resist....

Viva Las Espuelas
09-12-2008, 08:43 AM
did anyone here honestly know what the Bush doctrine was? yeah she did talk out of her ass on that one, but recovered pretty good. she kept the "uh's" to a minimum. a teleprompter must've been behind chuck.

florige
09-12-2008, 08:45 AM
did anyone here honestly know what the Bush doctrine was? yeah she did talk out of her ass on that one, but recovered pretty good. she kept the "uh's" to a minimum. a teleprompter must've been behind chuck.

I didn't know too much about it, but McCain didn;t choose me as his running mate.

101A
09-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Did you think she was going to whip out a huge penis or something?

Now THAT would get the sirens going on Drudge:

PALIN IS HUNG!!!

2centsworth
09-12-2008, 08:48 AM
What the hell were your expectations for this interview? Did you think she was going to whip out a huge penis or something?

She definitely has a vagina, so this interview was a categorical success.....:toast

If you had taken the time to follow in this thread you would have known my expectations were based on what I had read in here first. All the dems saying how horrible she was. You're right in laughing that I should have known better.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 08:50 AM

I would think that most of the regular posters on this forum know what the Bush Doctrine is. However, we post on a political forum, so we're not exactly a representative demographic for the rest of the US.

But even if only a few of us knew what the Bush Doctrine is, shouldn't she know it? If you've followed national politics for the last six years, you probably know what the Bush Doctrine is. And if she hasn't been following national politics that closely("I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq"), does she even know if she is really qualified?

Viva Las Espuelas
09-12-2008, 09:01 AM
I would think that most of the regular posters on this forum know what the Bush Doctrine is. However, we post on a political forum, so we're not exactly a representative demographic for the rest of the US.
well excuse me. i'm not holding him on a pedestal, but david gergen said something to the effect that it's not formally named the bush doctrine or whatnot. he said it was a pretty vague question. i figured he would know a little better than people that post here in the political forum. before i go to my next point...........:lmao (geez get over yourself before you continue)

But even if only a few of us knew what the Bush Doctrine is, shouldn't she know it? If you've followed national politics for the last six years, you probably know what the Bush Doctrine is. And if she hasn't been following national politics that closely("I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq"), does she even know if she is really qualified? if she did know what the bush doctrine was would you along with the other obamessidencons attacked her for knowing "more of the same"? i would think that her not knowing a bush policy would work in her favor. no?

oh and congrats. you made my sig. :tu

101A
09-12-2008, 09:06 AM

But even if only a few of us knew what the Bush Doctrine is, shouldn't she know it? If you've followed national politics for the last six years, you probably know what the Bush Doctrine is. And if she hasn't been following national politics that closely("I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq"), does she even know if she is really qualified?

She's a governor of a State, and has NOT been in national politics. She obviously has confidence that she can get up to speed on what she needs to know. This is probably the best look we'll ever get at a politician TRULY under fire; she was thrust into this position with little warning; and has had to learn, study "cram" as this board as suggested for the past two weeks.

Others ALWAYS know for much longer what they are going to be doing, and asked about. Hell, Obama's been running for President for damn near TWO years; you'd have thought he would have had an answer on abortion ready, wouldn't you????

Sure makes me question his abilities!! After all this time, and he can't answer a VERY predictable question better than that? What kind of a moron does HE have to be?

The interview and scrutiny Palin is currently receiving is unprecedented for a VP candidate. Quayle didn't go through this, neither did Edwards (who was a 1st term senator his own self when nominated!) Nobody questioned HIS experience or capability, pointing at them, and accusing them of Hubris (and damn straight - I FULLY expect my president and VEEP to have it IN DROVES!!!)

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 09:12 AM
well excuse me. i'm not holding him on a pedestal, but david gergen said something to the effect that it's not formally named the bush doctrine or whatnot. he said it was a pretty vague question. i figured he would know a little better than people that post here in the political forum. before i go to my next point...........:lmao (geez get over yourself before you continue)

Nice deflection. You asked if people here knew what the Bush Doctrine was. I explained that since this is a political forum, most of the regular posters here would probably know what it was. Why is that a surprising assertion? Also, how is that boasting or bragging? I would assume that the regular posters on this thread know what the Bush Doctrine is. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Also, my comment no the representative demographic was merely making the point that the regular posters in here are likely more engaged and informed regarding politics than the average citizen. Again, why wouldn't that make sense to you?

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 09:15 AM
She's a governor of a State, and has NOT been in national politics. She obviously has confidence that she can get up to speed on what she needs to know. This is probably the best look we'll ever get at a politician TRULY under fire; she was thrust into this position with little warning; and has had to learn, study "cram" as this board as suggested for the past two weeks.

:clap

Exactly. So why try to spin it as if it was a masterful performance and everything came off without a hitch?

Findog
09-12-2008, 09:15 AM
did anyone here honestly know what the Bush doctrine was?

Yes. Does that make me qualified to be President? Pathetic.

Findog
09-12-2008, 09:21 AM

I think the only audience that matters is independents, and she didn't do well there. Conservatives love her, Liberals don't. She came across as unprepared and out of her league on foreign issues. Total deer in the headlights look when it came to the Bush Doctrine. She couldn't answer a simple "yes" or "no" to a yes or no question about going into Pakistan without their permission. She put Israel in charge of our Iran policy. All the more embarrassing and humiliating since her handlers chose Charlie Gibson because they figured he'd only lob her softballs.

Findog
09-12-2008, 09:21 AM
And trust me, if the interview were a success, it would be above the masthead. Telling that they want to bury it.

101A
09-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Nice deflection. You asked if people here knew what the Bush Doctrine was. I explained that since this is a political forum, most of the regular posters here would probably know what it was. Why is that a surprising assertion? Also, how is that boasting or bragging? I would assume that the regular posters on this thread know what the Bush Doctrine is. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Also, my comment no the representative demographic was merely making the point that the regular posters in here are likely more engaged and informed regarding politics than the average citizen. Again, why wouldn't that make sense to you?

Mea Culpa - and I dare others to do the same:

I KNEW what the Bush Doctrine was, but asked about it during an interview, I would have taken pause, and had to think about it. It is not brought up much.

In fact, I've spent some time perusing the forum, and haven't found it mentioned. Unfortunately, I can't make the search function here search for the phrase, only each word. Again, haven't found it here, at all.

101A
09-12-2008, 09:30 AM
:clap

Exactly. So why try to spin it as if it was a masterful performance and everything came off without a hitch?

I didn't. However, it was a very good performance. It showed grit, intelligence and toughness.

Think about how much access was given, and how much ammunition YOU actually have this morning.....she didn't hurt herself; except with people who had already made up their minds.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 09:32 AM

I KNEW what the Bush Doctrine was, but asked about it during an interview, I would have taken pause, and had to think about it. It is not brought up much.

In fact, I've spent some time perusing the forum, and haven't found it mentioned. Unfortunately, I can't make the search function here search for the phrase, only each word. Again, haven't found it here, at all.

The only reference I saw was in this thread by Yonivore -
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2011
and it was in the title of the article he was citing.

2centsworth
09-12-2008, 09:33 AM
we've all talked about preemptive strikes and wars, but I never knew it was formally labeled the Bush Doctrine.

2centsworth
09-12-2008, 09:34 AM
And trust me, if the interview were a success, it would be above the masthead. Telling that they want to bury it.

we trust you.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 09:40 AM

Look, I knew what the Bush Doctrine was and it's mostly because (and this is the point I was making to Viva) I have an interest in politics; frequently surf political sites; watch Meet the Press, This Week, etc., and admittedly, listen to conservative talk radio (mostly Ingraham, Rush, and Joe Pags - I can't listen to Hannity). Again, I would assume the same thing applies to many people that post here.

clambake
09-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Plus...no one cares if she's foreign policy master right now, or knows exactly how to be President..
not what you said before. you said she had super-secret intimate experience. don't sweat it. i predict you'll have many palin topics to flip on.

.no one has been President before becoming President so any one with a molecule of common sense understands that.
genius

It is over...
it could be, now.

TheMadHatter
09-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Wait, wait ,wait. So Republicans, who for the last 8 years, have been preaching National Defense as the single most important factor in an election are now forgiving Palin for not being "up to speed" on National Defense issues? If you really want to protect this nation and not just win elections, don't put people who need to be brought up to speed in charge. You put the people that are qualified on Day 1 to do the job. Fucking morons.

101A
09-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Wait, wait ,wait. So Republicans, who for the last 8 years, have been preaching National Defense as the single most important factor in an election are now forgiving Palin for not being "up to speed" on National Defense issues? If you really want to protect this nation and not just win elections, don't put people who need to be brought up to speed in charge. You put the people that are qualified on Day 1 to do the job. Fucking morons.

I think all I've noted her not being up to speed on is an infrequently used label the media has put on a Bush policy.

Why can't Biden tell the difference between a brigade and a battallion?

Mr. FP Wonk himself?

JoeChalupa
09-12-2008, 10:18 AM
There is no way in hell Palin can stand up to Biden on foreign policy and that is a indisputable fact.

clambake
09-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Why can't Biden tell the difference between a brigade and a battallion?
he knows when they've been used foolishly.:toast

101A
09-12-2008, 10:26 AM
There is no way in hell Palin can stand up to Biden on foreign policy and that is a indisputable fact.

What do you mean "stand up"?

They don't get to question each other; there is not a written exam. When they debate, their will be a moderator asking question they are both prepped for. The way the public PERCEIVES their performance determines who stands, and who loses. Biden has got this unbelievable, mythical FP reputation; almost impossible to live up to expectations - Palin, on the other hand, has been conveniently labeled a "lightweight", "idiot", "crazy bitch", "wack-job", etc.....

Who has the tougher assignment? Who is ACTUALLY more prone to saying very, very stupid things on an almost DAILY basis? Biden REALLY did screw up brigades and battallions, he really did ask a cripple to stand up, and he really did say that it was unfortunate his wife has a Ph.D, that he, himself, was not the most qualified person from his current job, he spoke of needing an Indian accent to shop an a convenience store, and yes, YOUR Vice Presidential nominee, actually did say that Obama would go places because he was, "A clean, articulate, black man!!!!!!!"

Had a Republican said either of those last two lines, he would have been tarred and feathered. Since Biden wasn't, he is still around, and has been promoted to the point that he will be in position to completely torpedo his own ticket in less than a month.

I ask again, with delivery vs. expectation at a debate being the deciding factor, WHO should be more worried?

2centsworth
09-12-2008, 10:27 AM

So for obama to make an elementary mistake as let the UN handle the russia problem must tell you he's not qualified. If want people to be honest with you then first start telling the truth

TheMadHatter
09-12-2008, 10:33 AM
We are not attacking Russia 2cents. I can't tell you how monumentally retarded and idiotic that would be. If you really believe attacking Russia is in the cards for even someone as dumb as Bush, you are an idiot. Quite frankly, you are an idiot.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 10:34 AM
So for obama to make an elementary mistake as let the UN handle the russia problem must tell you he's not qualified. If want people to be honest with you then first start telling the truth

Posted from another thread

Obama pushes for U.N. resolution on Russia
Published: Aug. 11, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Order reprints | Print Story | Email to a Friend | Post a Comment
HONOLULU, Aug. 11 (UPI) -- The international community must push Russia to pull its military forces out of Georgia, Democratic U.S. presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Monday.
The United States, Europe and other concerned countries "must stand united," the U.S. senator from Illinois told reporters while vacationing in Hawaii.

"It is a clear violation of (Georgia's) sovereignty and recognized borders," Obama said.

He said he would continue to push for a United Nation resolution regarding a cease-fire in Georgia.

McCain calls for U.N. resolution against Russia
By Klaus Marre
Posted: 08/11/08 11:02 AM [ET]
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Monday called on the United Nations Security Council to condemn Russia’s aggression against Georgia.

“We should move ahead with the resolution despite Russian veto threats, and submit Russia to the court of world public opinion,” McCain said in Erie, Pa.

Apart from a Security Council resolution calling for a cease-fire and condemning Russia’s aggression, NATO should begin “discussions on both the deployment of an international peacekeeping force to South Ossetia and the implications for NATO's future relationship with Russia, a Partnership for Peace nation,” the Arizona senator stated.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-12-2008, 10:46 AM
neither can, chuck

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-12-2008, 10:54 AM

And she still knows more than Obama.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-12-2008, 10:54 AM

Well, maybe we should have someone besides Palin running for president. Oh wait, we do...

There are eight points to the Bush Doctrine, it was more than fair of her to ask him to clarify. That you libs are hanging your hat on her asking for a ridiculously vague question to be clarified says a lot.

ploto
09-12-2008, 10:59 AM
I just don't see it. I guess it is just one of those things. I do not find her engaging or anything. Her whole demeanor turns me off completely.

Please, tell me that people are not really that clueless to think that she was trying to clarify which aspect of the Bush doctrine he meant! She had absolutley no idea and you could see it plain as day on her face. Then, basically to define the word "doctrine." It truly looked like a beauty pageant answer. :lol What is the Bush doctrine? It is his view on the world.

Also, when she has no idea what to say she says- "Islamic extremists" a lot.

Findog
09-12-2008, 11:16 AM
And she still knows more than Obama.

This is just blind partisanship. You might not like Obama's stances on the issues, but he's well-informed. I think he at least knows what the Bush Doctrine is.

whottt
09-12-2008, 11:16 AM
She's got "it", and there's not a damn thing ya'll can do about it.

101A
09-12-2008, 11:18 AM
This is just blind partisanship. You might not like Obama's stances on the issues, but he's well-informed. I think he at least knows what the Bush Doctrine is.

But he has no opinion of when life begins.

Well informed, but indecisive.

Great.

whottt
09-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Obama is coming off as weak and indecisive in just about every interview gives right now...and to not see it is pure partisanship.

Just wait till people start seeing through the zealot smear.

101A
09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Obama is coming off as weak and indecisive in just about every interview gives right now...and to not see it is pure partisanship.

Actually, I thought he did alright vs. O'Reilly.

But that one was easy; he could be as tough as he wanted since O'Reilly's style is so aggressive.

2centsworth
09-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Posted from another thread

Mccain knows it's only good for public opinion and he explained that. No such disclaimers from obama.

ducks
09-12-2008, 11:32 AM
1. Why vote for anyone, then? Just vote for a 'handling team.'

2. Judgment. If she doesn't know shit - and apparently she doesn't - then how does she know to trust her advisors? History is replete with schemers and dark courtiers.

she knows how to get knocked up
she has 5 kids:lol

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Mccain knows it's only good for public opinion and he explained that. No such disclaimers from obama.

So now the nuance matters? I thought Obama's problem was that he wasted too much time on nuance and explanations, while McCain was more direct. But on this issue, even though McCain said the same thing as Obama, it's the disclaimer that apparently matters.

TheMadHatter
09-12-2008, 11:43 AM
She's all about values. Letting her teenage daughter run wild and have unprotected sex leading to pregnancy.

Findog
09-12-2008, 11:45 AM
"It" is not at the head of the ticket. And "it" is something that is not very appealing outside of the religious knuckledraggers.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 11:47 AM
But he has no opinion of when life begins.

Well informed, but indecisive.

Great.

I thought it was such a metaphysical question that you cannot possibly answer it simply.

I know McCain gave his answer of "at conception" but what is it at conception that creates a "life" in a morally relevant sense? Is it the potential for person-hood that makes the combination if the egg and sperm morally relevant?

It's an issue that I really need to learn more about.

Findog
09-12-2008, 11:54 AM
I always took Obama's answer to that abortion ? as not wanting to rub his position in the face of pro-life voters, as in "It's arrogant for me to presume to know ultimately what God thinks on this issue," because that's what I thought he was referring to with his 'above my pay grade' remark.

101A
09-12-2008, 12:04 PM
I thought it was such a metaphysical question that you cannot possibly answer it simply.

I know McCain gave his answer of "at conception" but what is it at conception that creates a "life" in a morally relevant sense? Is it the potential for person-hood that makes the combination if the egg and sperm morally relevant?

It's an issue that I really need to learn more about.

The WRONG answer is "It's above my pay grade".

I begins at conception; it won't become a donkey or an oak tree; the fetus will, every time, become a human being.

Paglia is the only liberal I've heard that is honest about this. She is Pro-Choice and readily concedes that the fetus is human life. Her position is, simply, that a woman can do with her body what she wants, including remove a parasitic life form. Intellectually, brutally, honest.

2centsworth
09-12-2008, 12:21 PM
So now the nuance matters? I thought Obama's problem was that he wasted too much time on nuance and explanations, while McCain was more direct. But on this issue, even though McCain said the same thing as Obama, it's the disclaimer that apparently matters.

it was the understanding that Russia has Veto power. That was something Obama apparently forgot, and then proceeded to backtrack.

To me that is a bigger mistake than knowing exactly what the ambiguous "Bush Doctrine" is. In fact, I never thought preemptive strikes were something new, so why would Bush be credited with such a doctrine?
Her answer of "...if the intelligence is strong enough to determine attack is eminent then a preemptive strike is justified" makes sense to me. however, I'm not that confident in our intelligence agencies anymore.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 12:26 PM
The WRONG answer is "It's above my pay grade".

No, I agree it was a bad answer. I still don't know that he could have or should have provided a one phrase response, but what he did say seemed dismissive of the issue.

101A
09-12-2008, 12:29 PM
No, I agree it was a bad answer. I still don't know that he could have or should have provided a one phrase response, but what he did say seemed dismissive of the issue.

Props.

Fair enough

SpursFanFirst
09-12-2008, 12:49 PM
She's all about values. Letting her teenage daughter run wild and have unprotected sex leading to pregnancy.

I hope you're kidding, but I'm sure you're not.
Teenagers will do what teenagers will do regardless how they were raised.

Have you never done something you're parents told you not to do?

I was raised in a Baptist home, taught right from wrong in all aspects...but guess what? I still went out and did some things I KNEW my parents wouldn't approve of...they were just flat out wrong.

That wasn't my parents' fault. They raised me the way they should. At some point, we all have to be responsible for our actions.
Clearly, she was old enough to know what was expected of her, but she chose another path.

Enough with blaming Palin for her daughter's choices. It's ridiculous.

101A
09-12-2008, 12:51 PM
IAt some point, we all have to be responsible for our actions.

Fascist.

florige
09-12-2008, 01:29 PM
She's got "it", and there's not a damn thing ya'll can do about it.

:lol

TheMadHatter
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM
I hope you're kidding, but I'm sure you're not.

Have you never done something you're parents told you not to do?

I was raised in a Baptist home, taught right from wrong in all aspects...but guess what? I still went out and did some things I KNEW my parents wouldn't approve of...they were just flat out wrong.

That wasn't my parents' fault. They raised me the way they should. At some point, we all have to be responsible for our actions.
Clearly, she was old enough to know what was expected of her, but she chose another path.

Enough with blaming Palin for her daughter's choices. It's ridiculous.

Her mother clearly did not do a good enough job of teaching her daughter about abstinence and safe sex, which is why she is pregnant at such a young age. It was poor parenting.

baseline bum
09-12-2008, 01:49 PM

That's a pretty good argument to stop throwing our tax dollars away on useless abstinence education.

101A
09-12-2008, 01:54 PM
That's a pretty good argument to stop throwing our tax dollars away on useless abstinence, sex education and condoms.

Deal.

baseline bum
09-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Deal.

Thanks for putting words into my mouth. Can you blame kids for not using rubbers when abstinence sex-ed fills their heads with all kinds of bullshit about how they don't work?

09-12-2008, 02:17 PM

That is because he thinks on his own and isn't coached in what to say like Palin. Just wait till people see through her BS.

miklo velka
09-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Unedited Interview Video

http://www.jibjab.com/view/252470

SpursFanFirst
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Her mother clearly did not do a good enough job of teaching her daughter about abstinence and safe sex, which is why she is pregnant at such a young age. It was poor parenting.

I disagree. The girl is, what? 17? She's old enough to be responsible for her choices.

I guess we'll have to disagree on this.

clambake
09-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I disagree. The girl is, what? 17? She's old enough to be responsible for her choices.

I guess we'll have to disagree on this.

i doubt she got pregnant on the first shot.

from this to a shootgun wedding.

conservatives are progressive.

SpursFanFirst
09-12-2008, 03:27 PM
i doubt she got pregnant on the first shot.

What's your point?

TheMadHatter
09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Clearly the mother was not doing a great job supervising her child if she was running around having unprotected sex. Which raises the question why is she running for VP? If she couldn't hack parenting as governor what makes her think she can as VP?

SpursFanFirst
09-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Clearly the mother was not doing a great job supervising her child if she was running around having unprotected sex. Which raises the question why is she running for VP? If she couldn't hack parenting as governor what makes her think she can as VP?

:lol How do you know she was having unprotected sex?

Oh..and "running around?" Yes, she was having sex, but "running around" implies she had multiple partners. You don't know that either.

09-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Damn I wish Tim Russert were still alive so he could hammer away at Palin on Meet the Press.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 03:45 PM
:lol How do you know she was having unprotected sex?

Oh..and "running around?" Yes, she was having sex, but "running around" implies she had multiple partners. You don't know that either.

There is a 86%-98% chance that it was unprotected.

http://www.umaine.edu/peered/contraceptives.htm
Male Condom- serves as a barrier to keep sperm from reaching an egg or any other part of the body. They are worn on the penis by men. Only latex and polyurethane condoms are proven to protect against STD/Is, including HIV. They are 86 percent to 98 percent effective at preventing pregnancy if used correctly every time.

101A
09-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Damn I wish Tim Russert were still alive so he could hammer away at Palin on Meet the Press.

Frankly I'd love to have Russert to interview all the candidates. I don't think there is another journalist out there (O'Reilly notwithstanding - most won't take that interview seriously) who will take the gloves off against Obama. His son is a joke on NBC.

101A
09-12-2008, 03:47 PM

"If used correctly"

There's the rub.....er, so to speak.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Frankly I'd love to have Russert to interview all the candidates. I don't think there is another journalist out there (O'Reilly notwithstanding - most won't take that interview seriously) who will take the gloves off against Obama. His son is a joke on NBC.

His son's on NBC?

Did that happen before or after Russert passed away?

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 03:48 PM
"If used correctly"

There's the rub.....er, so to speak.

Bah-Dum-Bump...

We'll be selling CD's after the show.

09-12-2008, 03:50 PM

Obama was on Meet the Press back in May.

SpursFanFirst
09-12-2008, 03:51 PM
His son's on NBC?

Did that happen before or after Russert passed away?

after. From what I've read, he's terrible.

101A
09-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Obama was on Meet the Press back in May.

Yeah, I saw it; that's what I'd like going forward - afraid we won't get it.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2008, 08:25 PM

Get real. There is no formal "Bush Doctrine" and the media has defined it different ways. That's what she asked for clarification.

Please it explain it to us for those of us who don't like to ASSume.

Again, there is no formal Bush Doctrine. It has been defined several different ways depending on who and when you hear the term.

Don't you guy see. She handled that question real well.

we've all talked about preemptive strikes and wars, but I never knew it was formally labeled the Bush Doctrine.

No shit.

I want the libtards to tell us what they think the Bush Doctrine is.

Can I have a link please.

Look, I knew what the Bush Doctrine was and it's mostly because (and this is the point I was making to Viva) I have an interest in politics; frequently surf political sites; watch Meet the Press, This Week, etc., and admittedly, listen to conservative talk radio (mostly Ingraham, Rush, and Joe Pags - I can't listen to Hannity). Again, I would assume the same thing applies to many people that post here.

So you admit to being stupid.

THERE IS NO DEFINED BUSH DOCTRINE!

LINK PLEASE!

You are obviously a typical libtard. You think birth control prevents pregnancy, therefore she must not have used it.

I'll bet there are good factual statistics out there that show that unwanted pregnancies or more common with birth control than without!

Birth control gives a false sense of security.

That would be ASSuming she only has sex once, and the sperm was 100% effective at finding an egg every time.

Ever take statistics? Consider how those numbers drop in effectiveness if she had sex 10 times. What about 25 times. What about 100 times.

Now if I remembered my statistics right, having sex 10 times at 86% drops the effectiveness to 22.13%. At 98% effective down to 81.71% effective. At 25 times, down to 2.3% and 60.35%.

Is my math wrong...

Anyone?

Creepn
09-12-2008, 09:06 PM
:lol Wild Cobra, it's pure comedy watching you try to spin this. "No clear definition!"

The summation of the Bush Doctrine is basically pre-emptive war. If you asked people who knows about the doctrine, the majority will respond with something on the lines of pre-emptive war. Its an accepted summation of the Bush Doctrine.

You say that media has different takes on the Bush Doctrine, let me see those other views they have on it. Not trying to pick a fight, I'd just like to see other sides of it.

Oh by the way, what would be your summary of the Bush Doctrine?

Wild Cobra
09-12-2008, 09:25 PM
:lol Wild Cobra, it's pure comedy watching you try to spin this. "No clear definition!"

The summation of the Bush Doctrine is basically pre-emptive war. If you asked people who knows about the doctrine, the majority will respond with something on the lines of pre-emptive war. Its an accepted summation of the Bush Doctrine.

You say that media has different takes on the Bush Doctrine, let me see those other views they have on it. Not trying to pick a fight, I'd just like to see other sides of it.

Oh by the way, what would be your summary of the Bush Doctrine?
There is no clear definition. Yes, it is primarily about preempting war and attacks on our soverngty. However, since it is a term rather than formal policy, and the fact there are several elements to it. You can agree with parts of it and disagree with others. Worse yet, different people interpret it quite differently since it isn't a written policy.

Her question to get more specific was the intelligent, right thing to do.

Crookshanks
09-12-2008, 09:41 PM
WASHINGTON, Sept. 12 (UPI) -- There were no surprises, no knockout zingers, but also no bloopers Thursday night in Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's first TV interview since becoming the Republican vice presidential nominee.

Charles Gibson of ABC News was out for blood and inherently applied a double-standard compared with the kid gloves George Stephanopoulos used on Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois on Sunday night.

Gibson was out to embarrass Palin and expose her presumed ignorance from the word go. By contrast, when Obama referred to his "Muslim faith" on Sunday and did not correct himself, Stephanopoulos rushed in at once to help him and emphasize that the senator had really meant to say his Christian faith.

By contrast, Gibson tried to embarrass Palin by referring to her Christian faith in asking people to pray for U.S. soldiers in Iraq. Palin countered by pointing out she was following the precedent set by Abraham Lincoln.

Palin also expressed her support for Georgia and Ukraine joining the U.S.-led NATO alliance. That statement was predictable and consistent with the current policy of the Bush administration. The policy has dangerously raised tensions with Russia, but Palin is hardly alone in the conservative/Republican consensus in expressing her support for it.

Palin's assessment of foreign policy was competent and not embarrassing. Although she initially exhibited ignorance of the Bush Doctrine on pre-emptive strikes that has been a central pillar of U.S. foreign policy after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, she recovered quickly and then made the case clearly. Tactically, she made the mistake of trying to be friendly and informal with Gibson, who assumed a superior, professorial and critical stance toward her. She would have been far better going on the attack to rattle him.

The double-standard Gibson applied to Palin, compared with the uncritical media platforms repeatedly offered to Obama, who has had zero executive experience running anything, was especially striking. ABC and Gibson focused on Palin as if she were running right now for the presidency rather than the vice presidency. He and other media pundits, by contrast, have never asked the Democratic vice presidential nominee, Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, if he has ever had to make a decision on anything.

Gibson's aggressive approach appeared to take Palin by surprise: He was clearly attempting to put her on point by presenting her as having extreme religious views. This again, however, appears to be a double-standard, as Palin grew up in the Assemblies of God, one of the largest Christian denominations in America with 16 million members, and is now a member of the Wasilla Bible Church. Even now, Obama has yet to receive any comparable grilling on his 20-year attendance in the congregation of the notoriously racist Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

The focus on Palin's faith and family, as well as the controversy over Obama's "lipstick on a pig" comment in Virginia earlier this week, confirmed the swift demise of civility in the 2008 presidential campaign. This is especially ironic, as both Obama and his Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, owed their victories over Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York in the Democratic primary race and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani in the GOP one to their perceived inclusive tolerance, uplift and vision compared with their main opponents.

In the long sweep of U.S. political history, the worst dirt that has been thrown at either of the presidential candidates pales compared with the claims that Thomas Jefferson had fathered a child by a black slave in the 1800 campaign -- the newspaper editor who published the accusations eventually was found dead floating in a canal -- or the false claims by Republicans in the 1944 campaign that President Franklin D. Roosevelt was senile. FDR by that point was indeed a dying man, though he did not know it, but he was mentally as sharp as ever.

The context of the increasingly desperate -- and ugly -- attacks on Palin and her alleged lack of experience is that the Obama bandwagon, which swept all before it from the Iowa caucuses through the end of June, is now stalling badly and, even more worrying for the Democrats, the malaise may be spreading to the congressional races.

The latest USA Today/Gallup poll has the Democrats only 3 points up on the Republicans on the question of which party people would vote for today in their congressional district.

Indeed, the Obama campaign is now saying it is ready to take the gloves off against McCain. They rolled out a new ad Friday mocking McCain as out of touch and old-fashioned, even though it was McCain who picked a young woman as a running mate while Obama opted for an old white guy who's been sitting in the Senate for 36 years. With more than 50 days still to go until the actual election, it appears dangerously early in the campaign for the Obama camp to go negative, especially as so much of his appeal has been based on rising above the old negatives to begin with. Isn't it early in the campaign to resort to that? Is it a sign of panic?

Whatever her inexperience and other shortcomings, Palin did not fall into that trap in her ABC interview. At no point did she appear fearful or threatening. Gibson's aggressive questioning on her religion and her son's coming military service in Iraq, by contrast, runs the risks for the Democrats of strengthening support for Palin among working-class, married women, especially those with husbands or sons serving in the military.

The pattern of previous presidential election interviews and debates has always been that individuals who come across as intellectually superior, arrogant and condescending forfeit support that goes to their perceived victims. This dynamic played a crucial role in propelling George W. Bush into the White House eight years ago. It remains to be seen if Gibson's perceived arrogance and condescension will give Palin another boost. It certainly didn't help the Democrats that ABC's chief political correspondent, Stephanopoulos, who had rushed to Obama's aid only four days before, was wheeled on to discuss her interview with Gibson as soon as it was concluded.

Liberal Democrats predictably will cite the interview as evidence that Palin is not prepared for the vice presidency. Republicans will equally predictably cite it as evidence that she is. How centrist voters will react to it remains to be seen. One thing is clear: This isn't a transformational election on either side. Whoever wins, the ugly old cultural and political divisions in America remain -- and they are deeper than ever.

© 2008 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Get real. There is no formal "Bush Doctrine" and the media has defined it different ways. That's what she asked for clarification.

Please it explain it to us for those of us who don't like to ASSume.

Again, there is no formal Bush Doctrine. It has been defined several different ways depending on who and when you hear the term.

Don't you guy see. She handled that question real well.

Can I have a link please.

THERE IS NO DEFINED BUSH DOCTRINE!

LINK PLEASE!

Total fucking meltdown.

Enjoy it.:toast

s1lf1I4eFTw

florige
09-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Total fucking meltdown.

s1lf1I4eFTw

Remember the Repub's are now saying it was a trick question....:lmao:rollin

Wild Cobra
09-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Total fucking meltdown.

s1lf1I4eFTw

You're the one melting down. That video depicts exactly what I said. There is no clear "Bush Doctrine."