PDA

View Full Version : I'm F***ing Tired!

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-10-2005, 02:08 AM
I'm still in the newsroom waiting for my four pages to go final.

God, I'm so tired right now. I'm just lucky I have an 11AM class tomorrow and that's it. But then I have an assignments meeting at 5PM.

*Sigh*

The copy editors have it worse, though. Not only do we have the standard 12-page issue tomorrow, but we also have a 14-page Valentine's Day advertising supplement as well.

timvp
02-10-2005, 02:20 AM
Drink more Dr. Pepper.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Drink more Dr. Pepper.

You know, I should.

Be right back.

timvp
02-10-2005, 02:26 AM
I'm on a roll.

:smokin

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-10-2005, 02:39 AM
You know, I should.

Be right back.

http://www.spurstalk.com/blaze3.jpg

My Dr. Pepper in the foreground.

Melissa (L) and Tiffany (R). One copy editor and a copy desk chief.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-10-2005, 02:43 AM
Well, the Dr. Pepper is making me feel better.

The only problem is that I think there's only one page that's final right now out of my four.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-10-2005, 03:08 AM
Still here.

Getting tired again.

If I hadn't forgot my wallet at home, I'd go get some tacos.

Fuck.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-10-2005, 03:27 AM
I'm home.

Front page went final and they told me that I started to blend in with my desk.

timvp
02-10-2005, 03:30 AM
Here's what you do. Ask one of those girls across from you for their number and when they are about to take out a piece of paper to write it on, say "girl, Blaze don't carry nuttin' less than a 20". After you get her number on a $20 bill, go to the corner store and get a six pack of Red Bulls and a bottle of sleeping pills. Come back to the news room and drink five of the Red Bulls. Then when it's time to sleep, down three or four sleeping pills. When your alarm goes off in the morning, mix Red Bull into black coffee and put it in the microwave for three minutes. Drink the resulting concoction and go to class.

Problem solved.

timvp
02-10-2005, 03:32 AM
Damn you. You survived without my help

:flipoff

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Damn you. You survived without my help

:flipoff

Sad thing is, I'm still fucking awake!

I still have a first draft to write and another assignment for English tomorrow.

I can do the other assignment once I wake up, but I need to pull out the big tub o' bullshit to get this paper done quick and sleep before dawn.

Taco
02-10-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm still in the newsroom waiting for my four pages to go final.

God, I'm so tired right now. I'm just lucky I have an 11AM class tomorrow and that's it. But then I have an assignments meeting at 5PM.

*Sigh*

The copy editors have it worse, though. Not only do we have the standard 12-page issue tomorrow, but we also have a 14-page Valentine's Day advertising supplement as well.

Where do you work?

SpursWoman
02-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Sad thing is, I'm still fucking awake!

I still have a first draft to write and another assignment for English tomorrow.

I can do the other assignment once I wake up, but I need to pull out the big tub o' bullshit to get this paper done quick and sleep before dawn.

Somehow I'm thinking you didn't get this English assignment LAST NIGHT. :rolleyes

:lol

Useruser666
02-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Here's what you do. Ask one of those girls across from you for their number and when they are about to take out a piece of paper to write it on, say "girl, Blaze don't carry nuttin' less than a 20". After you get her number on a $20 bill, go to the corner store and get a six pack of Red Bulls and a bottle of sleeping pills. Come back to the news room and drink five of the Red Bulls. Then when it's time to sleep, down three or four sleeping pills. When your alarm goes off in the morning, mix Red Bull into black coffee and put it in the microwave for three minutes. Drink the resulting concoction and go to class.

Problem solved.

Yeah, he'd be dead after that.

MannyIsGod
02-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Is that what Kris always drinks? Fuck, that's some gross shit. I hate red bull.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Somehow I'm thinking you didn't get this English assignment LAST NIGHT. :rolleyes

Uh, maybe... :angel

No, seriously, I've had it for a week. It's just that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights are the worse for me since that's publication night, and especially last night since there were 26 pages total to put down, edit and copy check (although I just handle News).

I just woke up, I'm still tired, but here's hoping I can nail down this story in the next few minutes and make it to class.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Where do you work?

http://www.universitystar.com/current/static_images/banner.jpg

bigzak25
02-10-2005, 11:37 AM
go ahead and bring melissa and another Dr Pepper to the GTG. thanks.

and stop procrastinating and get to work, slacker.....oh wait...i'm at work...shit...nevermind...as you were.

tekdragon
02-10-2005, 12:10 PM

Work it, BigZ...

hey, Dr. timvp:
Have you got a prescription for "not enough sleep", "tired of job", "ends not meeting", "10 lbs overweight", and "out of bud"? :)

mouse
02-10-2005, 12:26 PM
forget dr. pepper where is the speed?

Shelly
02-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Dr. Pepper is just as gross as Red Bull.

Blech, blech, blech.

Jimcs50
02-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Dr. Pepper is just as gross as Red Bull.

Blech, blech, blech.

Diet Dr Pepper is good.....not as good as Diet Coke though.

Shelly
02-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Sometimes the men in my life will ask me if I want a drink of their soda just to see me gag when I realize said drink was not a cola and instead a Dr. Pepper..

Shitheads.

Useruser666
02-10-2005, 02:30 PM
(Insert comment about what Shelly just said here!)

MannyIsGod
02-10-2005, 05:48 PM

Yeah, and then you can give her the key to your room.

Oh wait, then she'd see your WEDDING RING. :p