PDA

View Full Version : Guess who else got arrested today?

ashbeeigh
09-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Kanye West!!! Ahahaha. TMZ has full coverage and videos.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Police arrested rapper-producer Kanye West on Thursday morning at Los Angeles International Airport on felony vandalism charges after an altercation with two paparazzi, airport police said.

Kanye West attends a fashion show in New York City on Monday.

The incident, near the airport's Terminal 4, involved the rap star, Don Crowley -- his road manager and body guard -- and a photographer and a cameraman who were taking their photos, airport police said.

The cameras of the paparazzi were damaged in the altercation, police said.

West, 31, and Crowley were both arrested on charges of felony vandalism.

Initial police reports that said Crowley also had been charged with battery were incorrect, police said.

West, a 10-time Grammy winner, and Crowley were in the airport to catch a flight to Honolulu, Hawaii, police said.

The pair were outside of passenger security screening when the incident took place. Both men were taken to a Los Angeles police station for booking, airport police said.

Neither of the paparazzi were identified.

CNN could not immediately reach West's publicist for comment.

The celebrity Web site TMZ reported that the rap star allegedly grabbed a photographer's camera as the photographer was snapping pictures of West. The site posted a video of the incident shot by one of its reporters, who was also in the terminal.

The video was short and chaotic, and the man whom TMZ identifies as West never shows his face, which is shrouded in the hood of a gray sweatshirt. Watch video of the scuffle »

According to the Web site, after West grabbed the camera from the photographer, Crowley took it from him, leaving the rap star with the lighting component.

The video shows the man in the gray sweatshirt and another man in a red sweatshirt -- whom TMZ identifies as Crowley -- each smashing parts of a camera on the floor.

The man in red then approaches another camera as it is filming. He reaches out for the camera, and it appears that a struggle ensues. As airport officials arrive, the man walks off.

TMZ reported that after the incident with the first photographer, Crowley grabbed the TMZ reporter's camera and allegedly broke it.

Police stopped West and Crowley as they tried to leave to go through security to board a plane, the Web site said.

TMZ is partly owned by AOL, part of CNN's parent company, Time Warner.

West quickly became a hip-hop star after his first album, "College Dropout," debuted in 2004, earning him a Best Rap Album Grammy that year. He twice matched that feat with 2005's "Late Registration" and 2007's "Graduation."

West also has won three Best Rap Song Grammys for his hits "Jesus Walks," "Diamonds from Sierra Leone" and "Good Life."

His other four Grammy's were two Best Rap Solo Performance awards, one for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group, and one for Best R&B Song for his role in helping write "You Don't Know My Name," a song performed by Alicia Keys.

The rapper is also known for controversial outbursts, most notably in 2005, when he went off script during an NBC telethon for victims of Hurricane Katrina, saying, "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

PM5K
09-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I just don't get it, they should want their picture to be taken, especially at the airport.

I could understand if he was on the toilet, or at the park with his kids (which they would shoot as well) at least then we'd all understand him being pissed...

CubanMustGo
09-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm no fan of KW, but these asshole stalker paparazzi often go way too far and I could see someone blowing up the 6474th time someone shoves a camera in their face for no other reason that they were walking past. You can say it's the price of being popular but too many of them go way out of line.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-11-2008, 03:23 PM
that's one man i wouldn't piss on if he was on fire.

dirk4mvp
09-11-2008, 03:25 PM

i doubt he'd waste his bottle of sparkling water on if you were burning up either.

jack sommerset
09-11-2008, 03:44 PM
i doubt he'd waste his bottle of sparkling water on if you were burning up either.

Especially if you are white. That dude hates white people.

Trainwreck2100
09-11-2008, 03:46 PM
From what i hear he won't mind prison anyway

timvp
09-11-2008, 03:53 PM
From what i hear he won't mind prison anyway

Prison for breaking a camera?

smeagol
09-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Paparazzis are scum.

Trainwreck2100
09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Prison for breaking a camera?

He'd go voluntarily

florige
09-11-2008, 04:01 PM

I thought you said one time that you stood in line 3 days waiting to get tickets to one of his concerts?

Trainwreck2100
09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I thought you said one time that you stood in line 3 days waiting to get tickets to one of his concerts?

He probably went so that if Kanye caught on fire, he could stand there and not piss on him

Viva Las Espuelas
09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
He probably went so that if Kanye caught on fire, he could stand there and not piss on him
ROGER!

florige
09-11-2008, 04:37 PM
ROGER!

:lol

dirk4mvp
09-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Especially if you are white. That dude hates white people.

other news: viva hates black people

Viva Las Espuelas
09-11-2008, 05:01 PM
other news: viva hates black people
no. just that black person.
i can't stand a couple of whites, mexicans, and a whole lot of puerto ricans as well. what does that matter?:rolleyes

ashbeeigh
09-11-2008, 05:02 PM
no. just that black person.
i can't stand a couple of whites, mexicans, and a whole lot of puerto ricans as well. what does that matter?:rolleyes

and you call me a racist. :sleep

paparazzi
09-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Paparazzis are scum.

:flipoff

Anti.Hero
09-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't think Somoans get enough love in this country. Good people.

balli
09-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Despite getting sucker punched by one and consequently knocked the fuck out when I was 16, I rep the Tongans. And true story, I met and ate dinner with the King of Tonga once. He was good people too.

Tonga and Samoa Declare War; Decide To Duke It Out

The South Pacific nations of Tonga and Samoa, after months of escalating tensions, have finally declared war on each other, and have agreed to settle the conflict with fisticuffs. The prime ministers of both countries, in a joint communiqué, expressed concern over the rampant militarism throughout the globe, and while acknowledging that conflict is inevitable in a multi-cultural world, decided fists would be their weapons of choice.

"This is how we always settled things when we were kids," said the Tongan representative, "and nobody got killed. Besides, those fat Samoans need a good ass-kicking."

The Samoan representative was equally convinced of the wisdom of the approach.

"My esteemed colleague is correct," he said, while glaring across a conference table at his counterpart, "and we proud Samoans look forward to the resolution of these issues coming from a couple of ugly Tongans lying on the sand, unconscious."

There followed a spirited set-to featuring the two spokesmen, with the Samoan pummeling the gentleman from Tonga, and finally sitting on his head.

It was agreed that five representatives from each country would journey to Fiji for the actual conduct of the war, which will involve each man stripping to the waist, engaging in five minutes of vile, personal, and ethnic insult, followed by fist fighting until a victor is determined.

In recent weeks, the outbreak of war had been seen as likely, due to several minor incidents that had escalated in meaning and led to the break-off of diplomatic relations between the two nations, which had only consisted of a couple of Christmas cards and one little barbeque, anyway.

In July, the Tongan trade minister, during a visit to Samoa on personal business, was accosted in a restaurant by another diner, who glanced at the minister's luncheon plate and remarked, "You call that eating? You stupid sand dollar." The Tongan rose from his chair, but further violence was averted by the fact that sometime during the meal someone had tied his leg to the table.

CuckingFunt
09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I, too, am a fan of the Samoans.

Also, I have zero sympathy for the paparazzi when they get their wittle cameras bwoke.

ORION
09-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Also, I have zero sympathy for the paparazzi when they get their wittle cameras bwoke.
I had a kid ask me for my autograph once after a basketball when I was 19.

ORION
09-11-2008, 08:43 PM
I tossed the pen and paper and goosed his mom

CuckingFunt
09-11-2008, 08:43 PM
I had a kid ask me for my autograph once after a basketball when I was 19.

Did you punch him in the ear?

CuckingFunt
09-11-2008, 08:44 PM

Nice.

ORION
09-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Nice.

No I didn't but I did sign it.

CuckingFunt
09-11-2008, 08:51 PM

No I didn't but I did sign it.

I would have signed it, and then thrown it. Make the little fucker go after it if my autograph was really so important.

I'd make an awesome celebrity.

ORION
09-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Nice.

....It was his older sister with the nice hoots

ORION
09-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I would have signed it, and then thrown it. Make the little fucker go after it if my autograph was really so important.

I'd make an awesome celebrity.
You would like a female steven segal !

CuckingFunt
09-11-2008, 09:04 PM
You would like a female steven segal !

But... considerably less pudgy and pathetic.

ShoogarBear
09-11-2008, 09:12 PM
My dream is that one day CF will ask me to sign her basketballs.

ORION
09-11-2008, 09:21 PM
With your saliva ?

Tits McGee
09-11-2008, 10:08 PM

Oh, so she calls her testicles "basketballs"?

Viva Las Espuelas
09-12-2008, 12:20 AM
and you call me a racist. :sleep
i call you super pink and juggs, juggs.

Biernutz
09-12-2008, 04:44 AM
That wasn't West in that gray hoodie it was----
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/bill_belichick.jpg

MoSpur
09-12-2008, 09:16 AM
That wasn't West in that gray hoodie it was----
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/bill_belichick.jpg

:lmao

miklo velka
09-12-2008, 02:15 PM
The South Pacific nations of Tonga and Samoa, after months of escalating tensions, have finally declared war on each other, and have agreed to settle the conflict with fisticuffs..

Now thats how you settle shit! :ihit