PDA

View Full Version : We Will NEVER Forget...

Crookshanks
09-11-2008, 06:39 PM
The day is almost over and there's not a single thread about the significance of today. So let me just say:

I've been listening to talk radio all day and I've been brought to tears many times listening to the broadcasts of that horrible day. And hearing the callers talk about losing loved ones that day or losing loved ones in the ensuing war.

Todd Beamer's father called in to Sean Hannity's show and talked about his son's faith and courage and the courage of all those on United Flight 93. A man called in to Mark Levin's program - he was one of the rescue workers at the World Trade Center. He now has cancer, but still loves this country and wouldn't change what he did that day. So many true heroes!

So I want to honor those who gave their life that day and say thank you to our brave military who have kept us safe these 7 years. And yes, also to President Bush who led this country with courage and resolve. In the days right after 9/11, who would've thought that, 7 years later, we haven't had another attack.

Please don't turn this thread into a bash Bush and the war rant. Let's just remember this day and honor those who lost their life as a result of the actions of islamo-terrorists. Thank you.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I have to say the sub-genre of "where I was 9/11" stories bore the hell out of me. I could give a crap what people were doing in Peoria, same as I don't expect them to care what I was doing in Bloomington.

But... the people who sacrificed their time, effort, sweat and energy digging through that rubble, after corpses, breathing toxic air are absolute diamond gem heroes in my mind.

boutons_
09-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Hey Crooky, do you ever cry for 4100+ US troops' lives wasted in Iraq?

That's the one competition where dubya has actually beat Osama.

Crookshanks
09-11-2008, 06:52 PM

Actually - yes I do.

All it took was one post before you had to say something ugly - why am I not surprised. And it was you and nbadan that I had in mind when I made the request not to turn this into a rant!

Findog
09-11-2008, 06:56 PM
http://wonkette.com/402674/a-childrens-treasury-of-terrible-911-art-2

Shit is funny.

balli
09-11-2008, 06:59 PM
All 9/11 is to me at this point is a sad reminder about how easily it was exploited and used to prey upon peoples' fears so we could kill Iraqis who had nothing to do with it. It's a shame, but that's what the neo-con right has turned 9/11 into- an exploitation tactic.

Findog
09-11-2008, 07:04 PM
+ ballijuana. Disgusting that they used 9.11 images at the RNC. That day doesn't belong to them and it doesn't belong to the GOP. Fuck them.

Anti.Hero
09-11-2008, 07:09 PM

Shit is funny.

All 9/11 is to me at this point is a sad reminder about how easily it was exploited and used to prey upon peoples' fears so we could kill Iraqis who had nothing to do with it. It's a shame, but that's what the neo-con right has turned 9/11 into- an exploitation tactic.

+ ballijuana. Disgusting that they used 9.11 images at the RNC. That day doesn't belong to them and it doesn't belong to the GOP. Fuck them.

Fail.

Findog
09-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Fail.

Yes, look it up in the directionary, you'll see this picture:

http://www.norcalblogs.com/post_scripts/archives/elephant.jpg

Findog
09-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Democrats can't win elections, Republicans can't run the country. There is probably some sort of inverse relationship going on here.

Crookshanks
09-11-2008, 07:13 PM
I make a simple request and still you guys have to get in your digs. Can't you put your hatred aside for one day and just honor those who died? After all, McCain and Obama did.

It was a horrible day - and not just for the USA. And those who lost loved ones will never forget the horror of that day - all I ask is that we take just a moment to remember them - but I guess that's too much to ask of some of you immature posters.

Findog
09-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Sorry, but I don't give up my free speech rights for some phony "moment of silence' or some such. I honor them in my own way by not giving in to kitsch.

If Kori or timvp has a problem with my comments, then I'll take my lumps and a temporary ban or whatever they feel is appropriate. Otherwise, ignore me or deal...

Crookshanks
09-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh stuff it findog! What a load of bs "my free speech rights". Get over yourself - you're not that important!

2centsworth
09-11-2008, 07:25 PM
crooks,

now you know why it was never brought up. nevertheless, it was a horrible day and brought our country to a screeching halt for a few days. It was the one time we all came together as Americans and maybe the last time. For those who lost their lives that day God Bless and for those who have lost their lives since God Bless them too.

PixelPusher
09-11-2008, 08:53 PM
The day is almost over and there's not a single thread about the significance of today. So let me just say:

I've been listening to talk radio all day and I've been brought to tears many times listening to the broadcasts of that horrible day. And hearing the callers talk about losing loved ones that day or losing loved ones in the ensuing war.

Todd Beamer's father called in to Sean Hannity's show and talked about his son's faith and courage and the courage of all those on United Flight 93. A man called in to Mark Levin's program - he was one of the rescue workers at the World Trade Center. He now has cancer, but still loves this country and wouldn't change what he did that day. So many true heroes!

So I want to honor those who gave their life that day and say thank you to our brave military who have kept us safe these 7 years. And yes, also to President Bush who led this country with courage and resolve. In the days right after 9/11, who would've thought that, 7 years later, we haven't had another attack.

Please don't turn this thread into a bash Bush and the war rant. Let's just remember this day and honor those who lost their life as a result of the actions of islamo-terrorists. Thank you.

You cite several people who were either directly involved or suffered a personal loss on 9/11. I can certainly understand if they're still deeply affected by it 7 years later, but why do you feel the need to continue to marry yourself to their tragedy?

CuckingFunt
09-11-2008, 09:02 PM

Shit is funny.

That fucking crying eagle makes me want to vomit.

Agreed.

I make a simple request and still you guys have to get in your digs. Can't you put your hatred aside for one day and just honor those who died? After all, McCain and Obama did.

It was a horrible day - and not just for the USA. And those who lost loved ones will never forget the horror of that day - all I ask is that we take just a moment to remember them - but I guess that's too much to ask of some of you immature posters.

Fuck politicized grieving.

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 11:56 PM
I'll never forget that day for what it was....the most significant attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor nearly 60 years before it.

What ensued, from the false sense of nationalistic pride (where are all the American Flag stickers now?!?!?) to the Iraq War blunder, in my mind has no bearing on what happened that day.

That's a day when we stopped being naive about our vulnerability and about the world around us. Where we go from here is just as important because it will be with the lessons of 9/11 in our memories....regardless of whether it is 7 years later.

As long as terrorism from extremist groups exist to destroy our way of life, I will remember that day.

Brutalis
09-11-2008, 11:58 PM
I'll never forget the day we attacked ourselves.

AFBlue
09-12-2008, 12:01 AM
I'll never forget the day we attacked ourselves.

Are you playing the "government conspiracy" card....seriously?

PixelPusher
09-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Are you playing the "government conspiracy" card....seriously?

Posts about conspiracies in a thread about 9/11? I'm surprised it lasted this long...

baseline bum
09-12-2008, 12:05 AM
That fucking crying eagle makes me want to vomit.

That's our tattooed tear for Iraq.

Nbadan
09-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Bill Maher:

"...Liberals must stop saying President Bush hasn't asked Americans to sacrifice for the war on terror. On the contrary, he's asked us to sacrifice something enormous. Our civil rights.

"...after 9/11, President Bush told us Osama bin Laden could run but he couldn't hide. But, then he ran and hid. So, Bush went to Plan B: pissing on the Constitution and torturing random people."

The 911 Victims don't need remembrance or memorials, what they need is justice...

Winehole23
09-09-2016, 11:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX68N0OLYPQ