PDA

View Full Version : Another reason Palin is so awesome

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D934QEDG0&show_article=1

Palin leaves open option of war with Russia

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska (AP) - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin left open the option Thursday of waging war with Russia if it were to invade neighboring Georgia and the former Soviet republic were a NATO ally. "We will not repeat a Cold War," Palin said in her first television interview since becoming Republican John McCain's vice presidential running mate two weeks ago.

Palin told Charles Gibson of ABC News that she'd favor including Georgia and Ukraine, both former Soviet republics, in NATO despite opposition by Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. Asked whether the United States would have to go to war with Russia if it invaded Georgia, and the country was part of NATO, Palin said: "Perhaps so."

"I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help," she said.

Pressed on the question, Palin responded: "What I think is that smaller democratic countries that are invaded by a larger power is something for us to be vigilant against ... We have got to show the support, in this case, for Georgia. The support that we can show is economic sanctions perhaps against Russia, if this is what it leads to."

She added: "It doesn't have to lead to war and it doesn't have to lead, as I said, to a Cold War, but economic sanctions, diplomatic pressure, again, counting on our allies to help us do that in this mission of keeping our eye on Russia and Putin and some of his desire to control and to control much more than smaller democratic countries."

Palin spoke the same day Putin insisted that Russia has no intention of encroaching on the sovereignty of Georgia, following a brief war that left Russian troops in firm control of two breakaway regions. Putin also aggressively defended the decision to send troops to Georgia, saying Russia had to act after Georgia attacked South Ossetia last month.

On other matters, Palin said she "didn't hesitate" when McCain asked her to be his running mate, a surprise selection that shook up the presidential race.

"I answered him 'yes' because I have the confidence in that readiness and knowing that you can't blink, you have to be wired in a way of being so committed to the mission, the mission that we're on, reform of this country and victory in the war, you can't blink. So I didn't blink then even when asked to run as his running mate," said the 44-year-old Palin, who has been in office less than two years.

Questioned about whether she felt ready to step in as vice president or perhaps even president if something happened to the 72-year-old McCain, Palin said: "I do, Charlie, and on January 20, when John McCain and I are sworn in, if we are so privileged to be elected to serve this country, we'll be ready. I'm ready."

Gibson also read Palin a comment she made in her former church—"Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God"—and asked whether she thought the United States was fighting a holy war.

Palin said she was recalling Abraham Lincoln's words when she made the comment and said: "I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's words."

She said she didn't know if her son Track who is headed to Iraq was on a mission from God.

"What I know is that my son has made a decision. I am so proud of his independent and strong decision he has made, what he decided to do and serving for the right reasons and serving something greater than himself and not choosing a real easy path where he could be more comfortable and certainly safer," Palin said.

Wow. Such a courageous woman.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
She's ready to run the country because she didn't blink to instantly say yes when offered the job as Veep?

RonMexico
09-11-2008, 07:02 PM
At least she answered the question instead of burying her head in her hands because liberals have booed her.

Anti.Hero
09-11-2008, 07:03 PM
I Must Break You!!!!

dg7md
09-11-2008, 07:19 PM
This is serious, guys. Russia is NOT pleased with us after the Georgia alliegance, the G8 comment and now this? This is definitely not a toy or empty threat at this point. The masses must know that war with Russia would devastate the entire world, while we still have conflicts in Iraq...

Be scared of any possibility at this point, likely? Likely not, but these are not comments that should be passed off... Scary stuff to consider.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 07:33 PM
This is serious, guys. Russia is NOT pleased with us after the Georgia alliegance, the G8 comment and now this? This is definitely not a toy or empty threat at this point. The masses must know that war with Russia would devastate the entire world, while we still have conflicts in Iraq...

Be scared of any possibility at this point, likely? Likely not, but these are not comments that should be passed off... Scary stuff to consider.

You're just a pussie.

Biernutz
09-11-2008, 07:54 PM

The only thing Russians respect is if you put it back in their face. Clinton was a pussy wouldn't do it, but Ronald Regan did it. You saw what happened when a Republican president finished the job. No Berlin wall , all the Baltic states free. Even Georgia is free. That's why we need to take a tough stand on the Russian invasion. What ? did Putin think Georgia was going to invade Russia?

Bartleby
09-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah, it really shows how afraid Putin is of Bush.

ggoose25
09-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, it really shows how afraid Putin is of Bush.

But he would never hurt us, Bush saw into his soul!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2008, 08:37 PM
What is funny is I challenge you to find a quote by any other USA politician coming this close to actually saying "Yes we will go to war with Russia".

We all know the rules of NATO, the consequences of the different scenarios, etc, but has any politician ever actually come this close to saying what she said in this interview?

She has bigger balls that Hillary. And the right tore into Hillary for having balls. It all goes back to her having big nice tits and a pretty face. Her looks are allowing her to keep on chugging on an empty tank.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 08:39 PM
She doesn't have an "off limits" list!

Obama has the following off limits (http://conservapedia.com/Barack_Obama#Secrecy):

1. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate(see certificate controversy below)
2. Columbia College records
3. Columbia Thesis paper
4. Campaign donor analysis requested by 7 major watchdog groups
5. Harvard College records
6. Illinois State Senate records
7. Illinois State Senate schedule
8. Law practice client list and billing records/summary
9. Locations and names of all half-siblings and step-mothers
10. Medical records (only the one page summary released so far)
11. Occidental College records
12. Parent's Marriage Certificate
13. Record of baptism
14. Selective Service Registration
15. Trips schedules for trips outside of the United States before 2007
16. Scholarly articles
17. Access to his Grandmother
18. List of all campaign workers that are lobbyists

Just try to find any of the above in a complete form.

Bartleby
09-11-2008, 08:39 PM
The standard response is "We will keep all options on the table." Her coaches should have drilled that into her skull by now.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 08:42 PM
The standard response is "We will keep all options on the table." Her coaches should have drilled that into her skull by now.
I guess yopu like it when you can predict what a politician will say.

I like her speaking her mind, instead of a canned reponse!

Mr. Peabody
09-11-2008, 08:42 PM
She doesn't have an "off limits" list!

Obama has the following off limits (http://conservapedia.com/Barack_Obama#Secrecy):

1. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate(see certificate controversy below)
2. Columbia College records
3. Columbia Thesis paper
4. Campaign donor analysis requested by 7 major watchdog groups
5. Harvard College records
6. Illinois State Senate records
7. Illinois State Senate schedule
8. Law practice client list and billing records/summary
9. Locations and names of all half-siblings and step-mothers
10. Medical records (only the one page summary released so far)
11. Occidental College records
12. Parent's Marriage Certificate
13. Record of baptism
14. Selective Service Registration
15. Trips schedules for trips outside of the United States before 2007
16. Scholarly articles
17. Access to his Grandmother
18. List of all campaign workers that are lobbyists

Just try to find any of the above in a complete form.

She should have had foreign policy off limits...

Z75QSExE0jU

Bartleby
09-11-2008, 08:44 PM

I like the fact that the more she speaks without a teleprompter in front of her the more obvious it is that she doesn't have a fucking clue.

PixelPusher
09-11-2008, 09:05 PM
She should have had foreign policy off limits...

Z75QSExE0jU

:lol at "In what respect, Charlie?" Seriously, that's usually a pretty reliable stall tactic if you get caught blanking on a subject.

101A and company really nailed that whole "keeping the powder dry" theory on unleashing the Palin brilliance upon the world.

cram harder.

PixelPusher
09-11-2008, 09:10 PM
What is funny is I challenge you to find a quote by any other USA politician coming this close to actually saying "Yes we will go to war with Russia".

We all know the rules of NATO, the consequences of the different scenarios, etc, but has any politician ever actually come this close to saying what she said in this interview?

She has bigger balls that Hillary. And the right tore into Hillary for having balls. It all goes back to her having big nice tits and a pretty face. Her looks are allowing her to keep on chugging on an empty tank.

In her defense, the whole "if Georgia was a member of NATO" question is pretty much a "if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle" hypothetical.

...unless the Neocons running, er, advising McCain's foreign policy want to expand NATO to the WWI brink.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 09:19 PM
What has Palin been doing for 14 days? This cram-session for the last week, what has she been doing?

What an awful performance. She has no idea about one of the most basic and fundamental happenings in the last eight years. The Bush Doctrine? Really?

No doubt the wingnuts will gobble this stuff up. They don't want leadership, they want a freaking clown.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 09:27 PM

If you don't think she was coached and had some canned responses you are fooling yourself.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2008, 09:35 PM
In her defense, the whole "if Georgia was a member of NATO" question is pretty much a "if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle" hypothetical.

...unless the Neocons running, er, advising McCain's foreign policy want to expand NATO to the WWI brink.

Good point. But its not an impossibility, there are some people pulling the strings that would like to see this happen.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
09-11-2008, 09:38 PM
The only thing Russians respect is if you put it back in their face. Clinton was a pussy wouldn't do it, but Ronald Regan did it. You saw what happened when a Republican president finished the job. No Berlin wall , all the Baltic states free. Even Georgia is free. That's why we need to take a tough stand on the Russian invasion.
This is true. This is how we stood our ground on the Cold War in the first place. If we elect someone the rest of the world don't take seriously about being an intimidating threat. Obama and his crazy left media, hippie idealistic idiots...we are going to be fucked further by Russia and others acting out, with their crowing, and their provocations. What's scarier, is the fact that half Americans have become wimps with the idea that military action, or the threat of use, is still a necessary means, to prevent greater escalations.

We can't blink on Russia, and they have to believe that we won't either. That's the only way they'll behave. They look at Obama, they're going to continue to push. Even the likes of Stalin had to be intimidated with his paranoid personality, for us to have any leverage on him. Starting with the Berlin airlift. Kennedy proved his strength against Kruschchev in the Cuban missile crisis, and Palin reiterated that "must not blink" leadership.

We need leaders who think pragmatically. There's a reason the rest of the world is rooting for us to elect that pencil neck, hesistating fraud in Obama...they want us to bend to the rest of the world and see us slowly diminish , rather than be restored.

What ? did Putin think Georgia was going to invade Russia?
Seriously, Condoleeza already straightened him out on that issue.
Yes, the U.S. is taking precautions in their self-interest, with the NATO nations, against threats like Iran and moreso the middle east, but Putin is such a paranoid fuck, just like all the other Russian leaders with some weird inferiority complex.

Putin provoked and instigated the discontent within that sovereign nation, in order to have military excuse of "intervention" all because they had been giving false confidence to the secessionist mood within that state since February, and probably earlier than that--all for Putin's defeated view of Russia's disbanded Union and how he can't stand it.

I look at it this way, in the bigger picture, as history dictates. Russia needs to be intimidated back. We can't prance around the issue as something to be avoided, they're already trying to intimidate us with their comments...we'd be stupid not to promote to the world "we take this seriously - and will not be intimidated". You lose the game if you do it any other way; not standing up to them directly.
Obama is just another Jimmy Carter in regard to foreign policy. He already proved it with his U.N. remark on Georgia.

Reagan was so successful because the rest of the world was scared as fuck about him and what he might do when he took office. We need that intimidating threat of a leader again and McCain-Palin will achieve that.

We can't be conciliatory to these fuckers. Ever.

dg7md
09-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Newsflash: We aren't the only country with a strong military or weaponry. If anybody wants the even slightest possibility to risk casualties of civilians and soldiers for NO REASON AT ALL, go on and sign up, lace up your boots and load that gun.

If I'm a "pussie" by living with intelligent, peaceful intentions and standards, so be it.

Russia is not our enemy. It is not the Cold War. All focus should be on the Iraq initiative and getting our troops home and safe, as well as trying to stabilize what has gone down there.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 09:41 PM
The stupid is strong in this thread.

RonMexico
09-11-2008, 10:01 PM
I'd still fuck her...

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 10:02 PM
I'd still fuck her...

If McCain gets elected we'll all get screwed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 10:03 PM
The stupid is strong in this thread.

Yeah, all you libs who are upset about Palin saying if Georgia was in NATO and they were attacked that we'd be expected to answer their call for help are pretty fucking stupid. Glad you're recognizing that.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, all you libs who are upset about Palin saying if Georgia was in NATO and they were attacked that we'd be expected to answer their call for help are pretty fucking stupid. Glad you're recognizing that.

I've recognized your stupidy a long time ago. I'm sure you'll be the first to enlist to go to war against Russia.

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
It's all about nuance. It's something Bush never grasped and it's why he dragged our reputation around the world into the mud.

You just don't go out and say, "We will attack Russia". You just don't say that, and quite frankly if you need to be told not to say that on national TV you really don't belong in public office.

If you think the leaders around the world are going to take a hockey mom seriously you need to stop smoking weed.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Wanting Georgia in NATO is absolutely senseless and stupid, no matter what candidates are saying it. The only reason the Cheney crew even cares is because of the dumbass pipeline.

Georgia doesn't even fit the requirements for entry: it's not a stable democracy quite yet, and besides, does not have stable political borders, since two regions don't want to be part of it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 10:31 PM
It's all about nuance. It's something Bush never grasped and it's why he dragged our reputation around the world into the mud.

You just don't go out and say, "We will attack Russia". You just don't say that, and quite frankly if you need to be told not to say that on national TV you really don't belong in public office.

If you think the leaders around the world are going to take a hockey mom seriously you need to stop smoking weed.

Yeah, we should tell them we'll hide behind Pelosi's skirt and give them free reign to do what they want :tu

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I've recognized your stupidy a long time ago. I'm sure you'll be the first to enlist to go to war against Russia.

Ah cute, the 'well you should go enlist then' argument.

Again, it was a hypothetical question about what we would do if a treaty NATO country were attacked by Russia. And we'd be bound by that treaty to respond.

By the way, it's cute that the press has framed her response this way. She also said sanctions would be an option on the table, but the 'objective' liberal folk took the defend Georgia with war comment and ran with it.

No agendas there...

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 10:37 PM

I guess you don't see below where she mentions that it doesn't have to come to war (cold or otherwise) and that other actions (diplomatic or economic) could/should be taken if Russia continues its hard line.

What about those other quoted options does not match up with the coached response you mention above?

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 10:39 PM
By the way, it's cute that the press has framed her response this way. She also said sanctions would be an option on the table, but the 'objective' liberal folk took the defend Georgia with war comment and ran with it.

No agendas there...

Yeah, I didn't like the way the article was titled well....

I think perhaps it should have been, Palin "considers all options in Russia hypothetical", or something to that effect.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Ah cute, the 'well you should go enlist then' argument.

Again, it was a hypothetical question about what we would do if a treaty NATO country were attacked by Russia. And we'd be bound by that treaty to respond.

No agendas there...

And Obama has stated that he will take NO option off the table including a military response.
Also the typical response from someone who won't walk the talk.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2008, 11:07 PM

Actually its a pretty fucking big deal, because like i said, everyone knows the ramifications for an attack on a NATO member, cheney knows it, you know it, i know it, but where has a politician actually connected the dots and said what she said. Find me some quotes. It's an obvious, but pretty bold statement. AHF, you not understanding that, is stupid.
Her response was skating the edge of the rhetoric spectrum. Pretty bold, requires balls. You not undestanding that, AHF, is pretty stupid.

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 11:21 PM
And Obama has stated that he will take NO option off the table including a military response.
Also the typical response from someone who won't walk the talk.

So then why is it that people are up in arms over the Palin response?

If all the POTUS and VP candidates are saying "leave all options open" it's a fucking non-story.

God I hate this partisan bullshit.

Nbadan
09-11-2008, 11:21 PM
These Palin supporters are as wack as their candidate. Seriously, NATO can't even control lowly Afghanistan, what the fuck makes anyone think they can handle a war with Russia? And does anyone want to see Russia give nuclear weapons to Iran and Syria? How would that change the political map of the middle east?

Nbadan
09-11-2008, 11:23 PM
So then why is it that people are up in arms over the Palin response?

Cause Russia could interprete that as a perceived threat.....you've got to be more nuanced than that..

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Seriously, you can't go around half-cocked threatening war like that.

Nbadan
09-11-2008, 11:26 PM
She can, cause she's Sarah Palin! Idiots...

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Cause Russia could interprete that as a perceived threat.....you've got to be more nuanced than that..

Jesus Christ....she was responding to some bullshit hypothetical that basically boiled down to her saying that if someone threatened a NATO country we would respond with some kind of action because that's what the treaty says we should do.

I seriously doubt President Medvedev and Prime Minister Putin are watching a Charlie Gibson interview with a potential VP and taking her words as outright threats for cold war.

It's one thing when the head of Russia says something about the possibility, quite another when a potential VP says it in reference to a non-related hypothetical.

Nbadan
09-11-2008, 11:32 PM
I seriously doubt President Medvedev and Prime Minister Putin are watching a Charlie Gibson interview with a potential VP and taking her words as outright threats for cold war.

Your a dumbass if you don't think that the Russians are soaking Palin's comments with great interest...

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 11:33 PM
How would you feel if Putin said he would consider attacking the US for what we did to Iraq?

Like I said before, stick to basketball kid. Politics isn't for you.

Whisky Dog
09-11-2008, 11:33 PM
We can go invading Iraq for no fucking reason whatsoever other than Bush's BS claims, but Palin wants to start a nuclear war if Russia fucks with Georgia? Is this shit fucking serious? Damn, I fucking hate how we've become the national equivalent of hypocritical missionaries.

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Your a dumbass if you don't think that the Russians are soaking Palin's comments with great interest...

The only ones going crazy over Sarah Palin are right-wing nuts who think she's the second coming or left-wing nuts who think she's the anti-christ.

I seriously doubt Palin is getting much play on the international scene, except for her selection as the first Republican woman on a ticket.

Whisky Dog
09-11-2008, 11:35 PM

That's a stupid fucking thing to say. Politics is up in the air for everyone to have an opinion. You're shit stinks just as bad as his.

TheMadHatter
09-11-2008, 11:38 PM
No, if you refuse to inform yourself on the issues you really shouldn't be voting.

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 11:38 PM
How would you feel if Putin said he would consider attacking the US for what we did to Iraq?

Wow that's a terrible analogy.

And President Medvedev said the other day that he was prepared for another Cold War if necessary. And there have been far more radical things said by far more radical people that are actually in power.

Here we are getting worried about how comments not actually related to an unlikely hypothetical from a potential second-in-command might affect the sensitivity of another country's leader?

This is a non-story.

Nbadan
09-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Here we are getting worried about how comments not actually related to an unlikely hypothetical from a potential second-in-command might affect the sensitivity of another country's leader?

Given the Neo-Con's interest in protecting their Georgian pipelines, I don't think its as hypothetical as you think it is...

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Given the Neo-Con's interest in protecting their Georgian pipelines, I don't think its as hypothetical as you think it is...

That presumes a president like the one we currently have...and I don't believe either candidate to be such.

Nbadan
09-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Ummm...yeah...

Palin Links Iraq to 9/11, A View Discarded by Bush
By Anne E. Kornblut
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, September 12, 2008; Page A01

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska, Sept. 11 -- Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans."

The idea that Iraq shared responsibility with al-Qaeda for the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, once promoted by Bush administration officials, has since been rejected even by the president himself. On any other day, Palin's statement would almost certainly have drawn a sharp rebuke from Democrats, but both parties had declared a halt to partisan activities to mark Thursday's anniversary.

"America can never go back to that false sense of security that came before September 11, 2001," she said at the deployment ceremony, which drew hundreds of military families who walked from their homes on the sprawling post to the airstrip where the service was held.

Palin's return to Alaska coincided with her first extensive interview since she became the Republican vice presidential nominee. In the interview, with ABC News correspondent Charlie Gibson, Palin struggled when asked to define the "Bush doctrine" on foreign policy, leading to repeated follow-up questions from Gibson about whether she believed in the right to "anticipatory self-defense" and crossing other nations' borders to take action against threats.

"I believe that America has to exercise all options in order to stop the terrorists who are hellbent on destroying America and our allies," she said after several questions on the topic. "We have got to have all options out there on the table."

Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/11/AR2008091103789.html?hpid=topnews)

It's like I've been saying for days, after the Palin luster wears thin, the McCain camp better start running on real issues or they are gonna get beat into the dirt...

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Ummm...yeah...

By Anne E. Kornblut

Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/11/AR2008091103789.html?hpid=topnews)

It's like I've been saying for days, after the Palin luster wears thin, the McCain camp better start running on real issues or they are gonna get beat into the dirt...

OMG.

She didn't struggle during the interview. She asked for claity in the question and answered very well. Also, show me how her words say that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. They don't.

Just another political hack piece Propaganda Dan!

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Actually its a pretty fucking big deal, because like i said, everyone knows the ramifications for an attack on a NATO member, cheney knows it, you know it, i know it, but where has a politician actually connected the dots and said what she said. Find me some quotes. It's an obvious, but pretty bold statement. AHF, you not understanding that, is stupid.
Her response was skating the edge of the rhetoric spectrum. Pretty bold, requires balls. You not undestanding that, AHF, is pretty stupid.

No, you not understanding that she cited a clause in the NATO treaty and acknowledged it instead of embarking in some political grab ass non-answer bullshit is stupid.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Ummm...yeah...

By Anne E. Kornblut

Well, it's worked for Obama so far...

Wild Cobra
09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
No, you not understanding that she cited a clause in the NATO treaty and acknowledged it instead of embarking in some political grab ass non-answer bullshit is stupid.

And in doing so, she proved she already knows more about international politics and law than Obama... Who doesn't relize Russia can veto the UN sactions they might vote for!

florige
09-11-2008, 11:58 PM
OMG.

She didn't struggle during the interview. She asked for claity in the question and answered very well. Also, show me how her words say that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. They don't.

So you honestly think she knew what he was talking about? You could tell by her body language she didn't know. She tried to offset the question by making shit up.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-11-2008, 11:59 PM
OMG.

I thought she struggled mightily with that question.

It sounded like she had no idea what it was and her answer sounded like she didn't support the BD, rather, preemptive war instead.

That's what I got from it.

AFBlue
09-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Ummm...yeah...

By Anne E. Kornblut

Just to clarify, I meant McCain or Obama. Ya know, the guys at the top of the ticket!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-12-2008, 12:09 AM

ROFL
her entire interview was rife with political grab ass non answer bull shit, you really didn't even bring yourself to watching it did you?

Wild Cobra
09-12-2008, 12:10 AM
So you honestly think she knew what he was talking about? You could tell by her body language she didn't know. She tried to offset the question by making shit up.

Are we talking about the same video?

When he asked if she approved of the Bush Doctrine, she asked which part. We are talking about a complex subject here that clealy cannot be a simple yes/no answer. I though she handlered herself quite well, although it took her some effort to get him to give her a valid question!

AFBlue
09-12-2008, 12:17 AM

When he asked if she approved of the Bush Doctrine, she asked which part. We are talking about a complex subject here that clealy cannot be a simple yes/no answer. I though she handlered herself quite well, although it took her some effort to get him to give her a valid question!

:tu

I think she knew Gibby was talking about "pre-emptive strike" but was just trying to be cautious and get him to come out and say it.

It might have been a small mistake, but I doubt she ends up looking foolish with regard to it in the long run.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-12-2008, 12:20 AM
:tu

I think she knew Gibby was talking about "pre-emptive strike" but was just trying to be cautious and get him to come out and say it.

It might have been a small mistake, but I doubt she ends up looking foolish with regard to it in the long run.

It looked like she was trying to agree with the BD and preventive war but ended up giving the traditional stance on going to war.

An unclear answer coupled with her asking for clarity/stalling made it look like she had no idea what she was talking about, IMO.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 12:23 AM
And in doing so, she proved she already knows more about international politics and law than Obama... Who doesn't relize Russia can veto the UN sactions they might vote for!

Obama was asking for a resolution, not sanctions

Obama pushes for U.N. resolution on Russia
Published: Aug. 11, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Order reprints | Print Story | Email to a Friend | Post a Comment
HONOLULU, Aug. 11 (UPI) -- The international community must push Russia to pull its military forces out of Georgia, Democratic U.S. presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Monday.
The United States, Europe and other concerned countries "must stand united," the U.S. senator from Illinois told reporters while vacationing in Hawaii.

"It is a clear violation of (Georgia's) sovereignty and recognized borders," Obama said.

He said he would continue to push for a United Nation resolution regarding a cease-fire in Georgia.

D'OH

McCain calls for U.N. resolution against Russia
By Klaus Marre
Posted: 08/11/08 11:02 AM [ET]
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Monday called on the United Nations Security Council to condemn Russia’s aggression against Georgia.

“We should move ahead with the resolution despite Russian veto threats, and submit Russia to the court of world public opinion,” McCain said in Erie, Pa.

Apart from a Security Council resolution calling for a cease-fire and condemning Russia’s aggression, NATO should begin “discussions on both the deployment of an international peacekeeping force to South Ossetia and the implications for NATO's future relationship with Russia, a Partnership for Peace nation,” the Arizona senator stated.

AFBlue
09-12-2008, 12:24 AM
It looked like she was trying to agree with the BD and preventive war but ended up giving the traditional stance on going to war.

An unclear answer coupled with her asking for clarity/stalling made it look like she had no idea what she was talking about, IMO.

She was towing the typical Republican line....trying to justify the decision for war.

I think she's got a much more reasonable approach to foreign relations, regardless of what some might say about the loaded hypothetical and some on here focusing on the "war with Russia" thing being taken out of context and not explained fully.

Nbadan
09-12-2008, 12:26 AM
Dude, she even lied about being in the PTA...

This appears to have been a somewhat inaccurate statement. Sarah Palin has referred to herself as a “PTA mom” for so long that I just assumed it was true. Having been active in PTA since 1996, I assumed that she was an officer before that. Even McCain, when announcing her as his running mate, referred to her executive experience in PTA. But the Alaska State PTA office says it has no record of Sarah Palin ever having been a PTA board member; they do record that she paid dues.”

Geez, no way, even that’s a lie? I did read the timetable didn’t work out but didn't bother to debunk it, who would lie about being a PTA mom?? That’s like lying about volunteering at a VA hospital or something.

Link (http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/09/10/and-the-mudflats-award-for-bravery-goes-to-wasilla-democrats/#comments)

Another say anything politician that thinks records didn't exist before she came along..

TheMadHatter
09-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I personally have seen enough from her to not respect her opinion on foreign affairs. Judging by this first interview I am more qualified on foreign affairs than she is. This should not be the case in our vice presidential nominees. I'm not that smart :)

AFBlue
09-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Dude, she even lied about being in the PTA...

Link (http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/09/10/and-the-mudflats-award-for-bravery-goes-to-wasilla-democrats/#comments)

Another say anything politician that thinks records didn't exist before she came along..

She never said she was an officer in the PTA or counted it as executive experience....she just used it in her bio.

Just like she never said she sold the jet on eBay....she just said she "put it on eBay".

If anything, that should be a criticism of McCain and his campaign for not getting the nuances of the story correct.

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 12:34 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

She didn't ask "which part?". She didn't understand what he meant by The Bush Doctrine and took it to mean that he was referring to Bush's world view.

"Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?"

"In what respect, Charlie?"

"The Bush -- well, what do you interpret it to be?"

"His world view?"

"No, the Bush Doctrine, enunciated in September 2002, before the Iraq war."

"I believe that what President Bush has attempted to do is rid this world of Islamic extremism, terrorists who are hell-bent on destroying our nation. There have been blunders along the way, though. There have been mistakes made. And with new leadership -- and that's the beauty of American elections, of course, and democracy, is with new leadership comes opportunity to do things better."

I like the talk about the beauty of American elections in response to the question about The Bush Doctrine.

PVJXVJfY90s

"But industry my friends...that was a revolution!"

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 12:49 AM
More excerpts

GIBSON: Let me talk a little bit about environmental policy, because this interfaces with energy policy and you have some significant differences with John McCain. Do you still believe that global warming is not man-made?

PALIN: I believe that man's activities certainly can be contributing to the issue of global warming, climate change. Here in Alaska, the only arctic state in our union, of course, we see the effects of climate change more so than any other area with ice pack melting. Regardless, though, of the reason for climate change, whether it's entirely, wholly caused by man's activities or is part of the cyclical nature of our planet -- the warming and the cooling trends -- regardless of that, John McCain and I agree that we gotta do something about it and we have to make sure that we're doing all we can to cut down on pollution.

GIBSON: But it's a critical point as to whether or not this is man-made. He says it is. You have said in the past it's not.

PALIN: The debate on that even, really has evolved into, OK, here's where we are now: scientists do show us that there are changes in climate. Things are getting warmer. Now what do we do about it. And John McCain and I are gonna be working on what we do about it.

GIBSON: Yes, but isn't it critical as to whether or not it's man-made, because what you do about it depends on whether its man-made.

PALIN: That is why I'm attributing some of man's activities to potentially causing some of the changes in the climate right now.

GIBSON: But I, color me a cynic, but I hear a little bit of change in your policy there. When you say, yes, now you're beginning to say it is man-made. It sounds to me like you're adapting your position to Sen. McCain's.

PALIN: I think you are a cynic because show me where I have ever said that there's absolute proof that nothing that man has ever conducted or engaged in has had any affect, or no affect, on climate change.

My question is if global warming is not man-made, what policies is Palin thinking that her and McCain could put in place to keep the planet from getting warmer?

Also, her comments don't make sense in light of an interview she just gave two weeks ago to NewsMax (conservative news organization).

NewsMax: What is your take on global warming and how is it affecting our country?

Palin: A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made.
:wtf :wtf

TheMadHatter
09-12-2008, 12:53 AM
This woman fucking confuses me. She is taking flip-flopping to a whole new level.

SnakeBoy
09-12-2008, 01:10 AM
I guess people see what they want to see. Just remember, your messiah thinks the best way to deal with Russia invading Georgia is to get the UN Security Council to pass a resolution. Did he not know they have veto power? And he's on the top of the ticket.

Creepn
09-12-2008, 01:38 AM
I guess people see what they want to see. Just remember, your messiah thinks the best way to deal with Russia invading Georgia is to get the UN Security Council to pass a resolution. Did he not know they have veto power? And he's on the top of the ticket.

I guess your one of those people huh? I'll re-post for Mr. Peabody. (Nice pwnt by the way Mr. Peabody)

Originally Posted by UPI

Obama pushes for U.N. resolution on Russia
Published: Aug. 11, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Order reprints | Print Story | Email to a Friend | Post a Comment
HONOLULU, Aug. 11 (UPI) -- The international community must push Russia to pull its military forces out of Georgia, Democratic U.S. presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Monday.
The United States, Europe and other concerned countries "must stand united," the U.S. senator from Illinois told reporters while vacationing in Hawaii.

"It is a clear violation of (Georgia's) sovereignty and recognized borders," Obama said.

He said he would continue to push for a United Nation resolution regarding a cease-fire in Georgia.

McCain calls for U.N. resolution against Russia
By Klaus Marre
Posted: 08/11/08 11:02 AM [ET]
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Monday called on the United Nations Security Council to condemn Russia’s aggression against Georgia.

“We should move ahead with the resolution despite Russian veto threats, and submit Russia to the court of world public opinion,” McCain said in Erie, Pa.

Apart from a Security Council resolution calling for a cease-fire and condemning Russia’s aggression, NATO should begin “discussions on both the deployment of an international peacekeeping force to South Ossetia and the implications for NATO's future relationship with Russia, a Partnership for Peace nation,” the Arizona senator stated.

rascal
09-12-2008, 06:14 AM

No way he is the pussie who sits at home typing pro war on his computer as others go off to war.

101A
09-12-2008, 06:53 AM
:lol at "In what respect, Charlie?" Seriously, that's usually a pretty reliable stall tactic if you get caught blanking on a subject.

101A and company really nailed that whole "keeping the powder dry" theory on unleashing the Palin brilliance upon the world.

cram harder.

Not knowing the label "Bush Doctrine" is unfortunate, but understandable. She has, in fact, been a mayor, and the governor of Alaska; NOT a veep or presidential candidate. Today, she knows what it is; and, if elected, she has another, what, 4 months to get up to speed.

I thought she acquitted herself quite well, but you knew I would think that.

The only other politician who has been grilled at anything LIKE the level Gibson is going at her was, amazingly enough, Obama with O'Reilly. Of course, those interviews, and Obama's weaknesses (although not prevalent, there were some), are not being trumpeted 24/7 on the major news networks.

In an ENTIRE day of interviews, with a person that has been on the national scene for all of TWO weeks, I thought she showed incredible metal and mental. Her answers were direct, usually, when appropriate, and more evasive (Pakistan incursion), when they needed to be.

101A
09-12-2008, 06:55 AM
I personally have seen enough from her to not respect her opinion on foreign affairs. Judging by this first interview I am more qualified on foreign affairs than she is. This should not be the case in our vice presidential nominees. I'm not that smart :)

Yeah, and you went into it with an open mind....

101A
09-12-2008, 06:58 AM
These Palin supporters are as wack as their candidate. Seriously, NATO can't even control lowly Afghanistan, what the fuck makes anyone think they can handle a war with Russia? And does anyone want to see Russia give nuclear weapons to Iran and Syria? How would that change the political map of the middle east?

The "War" part they don't have much trouble with; it's the "peace" that gets edgy.

Mr. Body
09-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Not knowing the label "Bush Doctrine" is unfortunate, but understandable. She has, in fact, been a mayor, and the governor of Alaska; NOT a veep or presidential candidate. Today, she knows what it is; and, if elected, she has another, what, 4 months to get up to speed.

I thought she acquitted herself quite well, but you knew I would think that.

The only other politician who has been grilled at anything LIKE the level Gibson is going at her was, amazingly enough, Obama with O'Reilly. Of course, those interviews, and Obama's weaknesses (although not prevalent, there were some), are not being trumpeted 24/7 on the major news networks.

In an ENTIRE day of interviews, with a person that has been on the national scene for all of TWO weeks, I thought she showed incredible metal and mental. Her answers were direct, usually, when appropriate, and more evasive (Pakistan incursion), when they needed to be.

Gibson was tossing softballs. These are all extremely basic questions for the international world as it stands now. How did she not expect a question about Pakistan? How did she not expect a question on the single most important foreign policy doctrine in a generation?

The fact she couldn't handle this interview is precisely the reason she is not fit for higher office... yet. You don't want a blank slate for Veep four months out. Leaving aside what appears to be a complete and total lack of interest in the world outside of Alaska, the world from Freddy Mac and Fannie Mae to the Caucasus is extremely complex, and she will have to be cramming for quite some time before she knows how to pull strings out of the mess and analyze and make her own judgments. Or else what is she there for? As I said before, if she doesn't understand these things now, how will she use the proper judgment with clouds of advisors are buzzing around and the next generation of Ahmed Chalabis are feeding her bad information. Do you want her scrambling for a dictionary?

Olympia Snowe and Kaye Bailey Hutchinson must be screaming right now. I know I would.

I know you guys really love this woman. That's fine - she's fresh and young and stuff. But she's not ready. For the sake of our country, with an aging and potentially ailing top of the ticket, she just is not informed, discretionary, or keyed in enough. If she works at it, and she will, she'll be there in 2012. You can run her at the top of the ticket then.

Dark Gable
09-12-2008, 07:34 AM
She was squirming 'cause she simply didn't know.

101A
09-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Gibson was tossing softballs.

Okay, I went back and looked at the interview that Gibson did with Obama. This was his hard hitting question on Obama’s experience, said oh-so-soothingly:

“If people have a reservation about you, it is that you’re young, you’re inexperienced, and you’re very new to the national stage…” [politely waits while Obama talks at length]

No follow up. No pressing. Okay. covered that, let’s move on.

Contrast that with how he approached Palin’s inexperience.

“Can you look the country in the eye, and say that I have the experience, and I have the ability, to be not just VP but perhaps President of the United States of America?”

So she answers.

Charlie presses: So when McCain asked you, you didn’t HESITATE?

No, Charlie, I didn’t… I told him if I could serve this country I would…

[Charlie frowns, and makes jabbing motions with his thumb and forefinger together] “And you didn’t SAY to yourself, am I experienced enough, am I ready?”

I didn’t hesitate, I didn’t..

[Charlie interrupts] Doesn’t that take some HUBRIS?

I rest my case. The woman suddenly has the bar jacked up 5 times higher than the man, and she is RUNNING FOR THE LOWER POSITION!

Sarah Palin could get caught screwing goats tomorrow, and I would still vote for her. This shit has got to STOP. NOW. THIS year.

If he was throwing softballs at Palin; did Obama have a Tee?

I thought her answer on Pakistan was really appropriate, and not rash; she equivocated, which is appropriate when talking about sending troops accross an "allies" borders. Of all people, James Carville agreed that her answer was appropriate on Pakistan this morning on GMA. Her only hiccup, IMO, was not knowing the label, "Bush Doctrine".

Mr. Peabody
09-12-2008, 08:29 AM

So....the Pakistan issue required subtly and nuance, which according to you she nailed. But the issue of Russia relations required a direct response and saber-rattling, which according to those on the right, she nailed.

Please explain.

101A
09-12-2008, 08:37 AM
So....the Pakistan issue required subtly and nuance, which according to you she nailed. But the issue of Russia relations required a direct response and saber-rattling, which according to those on the right, she nailed.

Please explain.

The Russia response was a hypothetical begun with "If Georgia was a member of NATO"...

I'm pretty sure she shouldn't equivocate on the response the United States of America will have in a member of NATO is invaded! You think it might make the front page in London, Paris or Berlin today if she showed less than complete resolve on that point?

Notorious H.O.P.
09-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Gibson was throwing softballs out there and she was swinging wildly at them at hitting nothing but air. I can't believe how anyone would interpret the tragedy of that interview as a success for her or claim that it showed her resolve.

I approach a lot of things with an open mind (including Sarah Palin at the start) and don't automatically take the written word as gospel when it comes to the political pundits because everyone has their spin. But when I see the person in question being tossed mostly softballs and to see them struggle with the general understanding of each situation and doggedly replaying the same line that does not apply, then they have lost my respect and my vote.

boutons_
09-12-2008, 07:18 PM
The pitbull bitch is a con artist. Very self-confident, articulate, cool, and that suckers in the suckers, but is quite dumb, plus ignorant of stuff, like still saying Saddam did WTC, Bush Doctrine of pre-emptive war, and she probably believes McSame's lie about Saddam doing the anthrax.

Mr. Body
09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
*Blink* *Blink* *shifts in seat* *Blink* *Blink*

Recites some fourteen sentences of platitudes.

*Blink* *Blink*

Gibson repeats question...

For someone insistently claiming she doesn't blink and we shouldn't blink and blinking is bad, she sure did a lot of blinking.

The Pakistan response was nonsense. She clearly didn't know what he was talking about. Invade a who, what? Iraq is who we're fighting with, right? And my son is going, because they attacked us?... And then she stumbled into the same response she had given: Islamists are hell-bent to destroy us.

Ugh. Does she know what Pakistan is?

Spurtacular
08-19-2021, 06:36 PM
https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/082/518/123/original/fea08cf166f4fe14.jpg

Thread
08-19-2021, 09:49 PM
https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/082/518/123/original/fea08cf166f4fe14.jpg

The Poot never misses an opportunity to rub Biden's face in his makings.

Poot good now.

pgardn
08-19-2021, 09:59 PM
Holy shit! a ~ 13 year bump.

I mean derp had just fallen off the turnip truck?