PDA

View Full Version : North Korea Admits To Possess Nuclear Weapons, Pulls Out of 6-Way Talks

Nbadan
02-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Associated Press

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea's government publicly acknowledged for the first time that it has nuclear weapons, and said the communist state is suspending participation in six-nation talks aimed at getting it to abandon its nuclear ambitions.

"We had already taken the resolute action of pulling out of the (Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty) and have manufactured nukes for self-defense to cope with the Bush administration's evermore undisguised policy to isolate and stifle the DPRK," the North Korean Foreign Ministry said in a statement carried by the official state-run Korean Central News Agency.

The North also said it was "compelled to suspend our participation" in six-nation nuclear talks "for an indefinite period."

Dallas News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/stories/021005dnintnkorea.5b44b.html)

I don't know what scares me worse, Lil Kim with a handful of nukes or W with 5,000 of them.

:depressed

Medvedenko
02-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah, according to Condy...there's no need to invade N Korea....I guess there's no Oil in NK, however there seems to be an admission of WMD's.

NeoConIV
02-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Totally, TOTALLY different scenario than Iraq. Even pre-nuclear (allegedly), any military action has to be dealt with so carefully. Any US action would initiate (most likely) a massive assault into South Korea. Saddam had nothing to hurl at Israel, making this Iraqi invasion timely. Iran is slightly similar to N Korea if it gets nukes. Blackmail. If N Korea were isolated geographically, is there any doubt that Bush would have neutralized Kim by now?

A 'no oil' arguement is silly and just Bush Hatin. Please sir, I know you can do better than that.

MannyIsGod
02-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I wonder what the US plans to do about the nuclear program Brazil wants to pursue.

NeoConIV
02-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Probably won't lose much sleep anytime soon over Brazil's nuke program.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-10-2005, 08:40 PM
To quote a special forces buddy of mine, "if someone so much as throws a baseball too high on the NK peninsula, that whole place is gone 30 min. later."

ChumpDumper
02-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Well, the going rate for bribes just went up.

JoeChalupa
02-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Aren't WMD's WMD's?

Isn't Nin Kim Poop just as dangerous as Saddam?

ChumpDumper
02-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Aren't WMD's WMD's?Not when they actually exist.
Isn't Nin Kim Poop just as dangerous as Saddam?Much moreso.