PDA

View Full Version : french team votes 3 starters to start

ducks
09-12-2008, 11:58 PM
TrueHoop reader Fatih on the limits of democracy: "This is from French basketball sites as well as French newspaper L'Equipe: France's national team coach Michel Gomez used 11 different starting lineups in France's 11 prep games . Although that is nothing really earth-shaking, in one of the games Tony Parker did not start and the team looked lost. So TP and coach had a talk. The result? Maybe one of the weirdest decision ever by a coach on a pro level. Gomez asked the team TO VOTE in three of the five starting spots for the Eurobasket qualifier game against Ukraine. He would stick with Diawara and Issa, so the team voted (I would love to know how they did that?!) f[B]or TP, Ronny Turiaf and Nando de Colo (a 20-year old talented combo guard). Too bad they lost the game to Ukraine by one and after their loss yesterday to Turkey, they are about to miss Eurobasket 2009 in Poland."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-34-55/Thursday-Bullets.html

ShoogarBear
09-13-2008, 02:53 AM
Next, they vote on a coach.

mystargtr34
09-13-2008, 05:41 AM
what a tool... someone should explain to him the coaches job.

Alain
09-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Michel Gomez as a coach:

5 french league titles
2 european cups
1 Euroleague final four

urunobili
09-13-2008, 06:27 AM
Zero coach leadership with a team needing such thing desperately this is the federation's fault

romain.star
09-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Zero coach leadership with a team needing such thing desperately this is the federation's fault

And let me tell you that in term of federation's incompetence, France has a specific knowledge. BB, soccer, tennis, it's all the same with those old corrupted morons.

JP le Requin
09-13-2008, 09:22 AM
what a shame for us

Alain
09-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Remember one thing: TP = big endorsements for french team

TP: I should have started against Belgium, I'm not happy!
Gomez: priority to the guys who made the whole preparation.
TP: I want a vote!
Gomez: it's not reasonable, what would people think?
TP: I'm calling my agent!
TP's agent: I'm calling french federation.
French federation: we're calling Gomez.
Gomez: Ok, let's vote...

mogrovejo
09-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm surprised. Michael Gomez is generally regarded as a very good coach. But yeah, laughable...

Lady M
09-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm surprised. Michael Gomez is generally regarded as a very good coach. But yeah, laughable...

he don't coach the 10 last year
he was a good coach now he's old

ducks
09-13-2008, 06:46 PM
he don't coach the 10 last year
he was a good coach now he's old

so old coaches suck?

Mal
09-13-2008, 07:41 PM
No it just can`t be. I wanted TP autograph on my Parker Spurs shirt :((

Bruno
09-13-2008, 07:48 PM
First, it's old news. We talk about that one week ago.

Second, Parker is the one to blame for that not the coach. TP has just acted like a dumbass.

JP le Requin
09-13-2008, 08:12 PM
who is the dumbass?? no TP, its gomez...with the preparation he doesnt know who put in the start 5...why??? first he doesnt have the good players then he is the dumbass because the good players begins on bench, why?? because they didnt do the preparation??insane...if you have jokers you dont wait, you use it right now...TP is the best player for NT so he must play it like zizou...never we imagined zizou to begin from bench a game!!!
even if TP isnot zizou

romain.star
09-13-2008, 10:23 PM
who is the dumbass?? no TP, its gomez...with the preparation he doesnt know who put in the start 5...why??? first he doesnt have the good players then he is the dumbass because the good players begins on bench, why?? because they didnt do the preparation??insane...if you have jokers you dont wait, you use it right now...TP is the best player for NT so he must play it like zizou...never we imagined zizou to begin from bench a game!!!
even if TP isnot zizou

coming from the bench is quite different in soccer.

Alain
09-14-2008, 04:47 AM
Open your eyes: TP is the coach now. Yesterday, when he picked his 4th foul with 6 minutes to go, Gomez even asked him if he wanted to stay on the floor.
Why is that? Because he's been begged to play in order to please the sponsors. Who would have attended the Dodge presentation without TP in the house?

Gomez tried to take the reins back but TP prevailed.

And remember: TP acts and speaks diferently in France than he does in the US.

JP le Requin
09-14-2008, 07:43 AM
are you in their head??? talking about sponsor???damn...

Freeze
09-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Open your eyes: TP is the coach now.

I believe that in Gomez thoughs it's more that TP is more important than the rest of the team, so that he has to let him free to do what he wants.

I love this quote from Gomez : "TP is not the cherry on the cake, he is the cake".

Sissiborgo
09-14-2008, 11:06 AM
France have a damn good team at the moment...:D

Alain
09-14-2008, 02:21 PM
talking about sponsor???damn...

Guess who paid Diaw's insurance last year...

JP le Requin
09-14-2008, 04:18 PM
maybe suns? not sponsors?

Lady M
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Guess who paid Diaw's insurance last year...
Kinder Bueno :lol:downspin: