PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch True Blood on HBO?

Heath Ledger
09-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Its a kickass show about vampires in modern day society. I saw the first one and thought it was a Movie has very good production quality, good acting and story line. Part two airs tonight or tomorrow but i highly reccomend it.

Good blend of sex, violence and storyline.

Biernutz
09-13-2008, 05:27 PM
I like the show but they need to work on their Louisiana accents. Does type "O" true blood have more kick than A+?

duncan228
09-13-2008, 06:02 PM
I love Alan Ball (the guy who created it), but it didn't catch me like I thought it would. I'm going to stay with it, give it more time.

balli
09-13-2008, 06:20 PM
http://www.zapster.it/pic/ppl/JackMcBrayer.jpg
"When they mix the sexuality and the violence... I like it."

I'm completely over the premise- don't usually care for TV dramas about mythical creatures, but given that it's on HBO and has garnered a lot of positive press, I'll probably give it a chance at some point.

CuckingFunt
09-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't have HBO, so I likely wouldn't be watching it until DVD anyway, but the commercials look REALLY bad.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-13-2008, 06:47 PM
I've heard good things thus far. Will probably torrent an episode soon to see what's up. Apparently Ana Panquin is a telepathic human that falls in love with a vampire whose thoughts she cannot read. That part of it sounds gay.

But I'll give it a chance.

dickface
09-13-2008, 07:27 PM
It's like if your average generic supernatural powers WB show was allowed to say fuck constantly and also allowed to show lots of sex. I'll keep giving it a shot for a while longer. Not bad but I dunno how long this thing can last.

Heath Ledger
09-13-2008, 07:36 PM
I think 11 or 12 episodes are already in the can. The production quality is much better than any WB show I've ever seen. My gf watched the first episode last night and she's hooked as well. For the record i fucking hated Buffy the Vampire Slayer and not a fan of Angel either.

PakiDan
09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Good show... I got a free HBO weekend with U-Verse last weekend, caught the premier... I just called and signed up for HBO so I can finish this one out.

MannyIsGod
09-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Watched the first episode then found a leak of the 2nd episode so I watched it. Anna Paquin in a push up bra seems to be the focus of the show so far. Nah, but I thought it was really weird and unique. It was pretty unpolished but the uniqueness was intriguing so if they can round it out with better acting and writing it'll be pretty cool to watch.

Avitus1
09-14-2008, 04:20 PM
I got to check this out..... but I haven't yet.... I've heard mixed things...

G-Nob
09-14-2008, 11:38 PM
episode two was much better. I'll stick with it.
introduction of other vamps looks like things are about to get bloody

mrsmaalox
09-14-2008, 11:44 PM
So far so good! Love the strong female leads; Sookie and Tara :tu Stays true to the main premises in the Charlaine Harris books (I've only read 4 of the series): Sookie's telepathy doesn't work on vampires--so they are the only ones she can be normal with. The Vampire Rights Movement has taken the place of the civil rights movement, but in the South there isn't much difference. Also now that they have artificial "True Blood" vampires don't need to have human blood and aren't as threatening, but they are threatened for their own blood which humans like for it's aphrodisiac, hypersensitive, and hallucinogenic effects. And having vampires around always means lots of sex and violence. Pretty much every character is going to have a violent death or really great sex!
I think the best vampire stuff has a cartoony element, and so far Alan Ball has used it minimally. I think this is gonna be good!

Melmart1
09-15-2008, 08:17 AM
I love vampire flicks (since my friends joke I am pale enough with dark enough hair to be one, hardy har har) so of course I had to watch this. I like it so far, I think there is room for improvement but no series ever starts off perfect.

The most interesting part is that it takes the vampires-in-the-shadows premise that is usually in fang flicks and turns it on its head, very refreshing! It would be nice if we knew how the integration of vampires into society came about. Perhaps I need to read the books to find that out.

ATRAIN
09-15-2008, 08:18 AM
I love vampire flicks (since my friends joke I am pale enough with dark enough hair to be one, hardy har har) so of course I had to watch this. I like it so far, I think there is room for improvement but no series ever starts off perfect.

The most interesting part is that it takes the vampires-in-the-shadows premise that is usually in fang flicks and turns it on its head, very refreshing! It would be nice if we knew how the integration of vampires into society came about. Perhaps I need to read the books to find that out.

Yeah good series so far and it has me intrigued. So who killed Claudette? Crazy Vampire with the crazy eyes?

Melmart1
09-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah good series so far and it has me intrigued. So who killed Claudette? Crazy Vampire with the crazy eyes?

Isn't it Maudette? Or am I just misunderstanding that accent? Funny thing is, if you spend any amount of time in rural Louisiana, you will see that the accent isn't as exaggerated as you might think. I took the train once from New Orleans to San Antonio and met the craziest bunch of Louisiana bayou backwoods hicks you will ever meet, they cracked me up even though I could only understand about half of what they were saying with such a thick accent.

G-Nob
09-15-2008, 10:06 AM
The most genuine accent I've heard so far on the show is the guy last night that nearly broke the guy's arm when he grabbed sookie's butt. He had that cajun thing going. Who ever coaches southern accents in hollywood, needs to stop with the cheesiness.

ATRAIN
09-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Isn't it Maudette? Or am I just misunderstanding that accent? Funny thing is, if you spend any amount of time in rural Louisiana, you will see that the accent isn't as exaggerated as you might think. I took the train once from New Orleans to San Antonio and met the craziest bunch of Louisiana bayou backwoods hicks you will ever meet, they cracked me up even though I could only understand about half of what they were saying with such a thick accent.

LOL oh yeah guess your right. I really thought whats his name killed her but she was a crazy ho. I wonder if certain Vampires have certain abilities?

mrsmaalox
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
The most genuine accent I've heard so far on the show is the guy last night that nearly broke the guy's arm when he grabbed sookie's butt. He had that cajun thing going. Who ever coaches southern accents in hollywood, needs to stop with the cheesiness.

Yes he was very good. But I liked that she didn't read him, maybe he's a vampire too!

mrsmaalox
09-15-2008, 10:29 AM
LOL oh yeah guess your right. I really thought whats his name killed her but she was a crazy ho. I wonder if certain Vampires have certain abilities?

How do you mean? Like if they don't all do the same things?

G-Nob
09-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Anna Paquin in a push up bra seems to be the focus of the show so far.

And that's a bad thing? I love her co-worker. The brunette who's the hottest one on the show.

Edward Cullen
09-15-2008, 11:42 AM
This show reminds me of a book series I finshed reading recently.

ATRAIN
09-15-2008, 12:01 PM
How do you mean? Like if they don't all do the same things?

Well when Sookie was talking to her Vampire she was asking what he could do and he said he couldn't do some of those things but that doesn't mean that others can't.

mrsmaalox
09-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Well when Sookie was talking to her Vampire she was asking what he could do and he said he couldn't do some of those things but that doesn't mean that others can't.

Oh that's right she was asking him about turning into a bat and stuff like that. Sookie's vampire has some pretty awesome healing skills!

spurschick
09-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Love this show!!! I'm addicted.

boo_radley
09-16-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm liking it so far, but it does need to improve...I think a lot of people forget that HBO shows usually take a while to find their voice (Sopranos and 6ft Under included) despite their amazing production values. Also, since they aren't as ratings driven as network TV, sometimes things take awhile to develop since they don't have to grab you right away.

The Reckoning
09-16-2008, 06:42 PM
First Blood was better

duncan228
09-16-2008, 07:03 PM
This show reminds me of a book series I finshed reading recently.

:lol I think the movie's due in November.

I liked the second episode better than the first but I'm still not as hooked as I thought I'd be. I'm still sticking with it, it has potential.

leemajors
09-16-2008, 07:36 PM

One of my good friends, who grew up in Lafayette, said the accents were god-awful and way off (for the most part).

Wild Cobra
06-29-2009, 12:23 AM
I just started watching the first season a few days ago, watched 7 episodes so far. My daughter gave it to me for Father's Day. I didn't think I would like it, but I do. A coworker tells me it gets even better in season two. I, however, will wait for season 2 on DVD and see it then. It will be another series to add to my DVD collection.

Still waiting for the 3rd season of Dexter on DVD!

sook
06-29-2009, 12:31 AM
Dude yes!!!

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE THAT WATCHES THIS SHOW!

It is badass, and I'm hooked on can't wait for next sunday

sook
06-29-2009, 12:33 AM
The funniest part about the show is that the main character and I have the same name, sookie

For those of you that don't get what my username means.

She is not good looking though, i don't get why people say that

Ginofan
06-29-2009, 05:59 AM
I love watching this show. I like the books a lot more, but the show has it's own potential.

And sorry, but Anna Paquin IS hot, even with a black eye for three episodes :lol

SonOfAGun
06-29-2009, 08:20 AM
The witch/shapeshifter lady is strong cougar status on this show.

SpursStalker
06-29-2009, 08:31 AM
I watch it and also have read all the books that it's based on ..

Great show!!

leemajors
06-29-2009, 09:13 AM
boring. true nap.

Spurminator
06-29-2009, 10:11 AM
I made it through five episodes and gave up.

samikeyp
06-29-2009, 10:28 AM
mmm....Sookie.

mrsmaalox
06-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Well hell, I didn't even know the second season had already started!

Wild Cobra
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM
And sorry, but Anna Paquin IS hot,
Not in my book. Must be watching it on a fizzy TV. Watching it on my 480p portable DVD player, I see all the pimples hiding under her caked on make-up. Sorry, just a turn-off for me.

PakiDan
06-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Second season rocks! This show gets better and better. And yes.... Anna Paquin is hot... when naked.

SpursStalker
07-13-2009, 10:16 AM
The witch/shapeshifter lady is strong cougar status on this show.

Yeah and she's a scary bitch too!!!

Did you see it last night?

:wow

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 01:23 PM
second season rocks! This show gets better and better. And yes.... Anna paquin is hot... When naked.

+1

mrsmaalox
07-13-2009, 01:53 PM
This whole season just got away from me; I didn't even realize it had restarted until the 3rd episode. I'm just going to wait and catch the whole season On Demand.

SonOfAGun
07-13-2009, 04:24 PM
why did they have to kill off Lynn Collins :(

sonic21
07-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Jason : "maybe Jesus was a vampire!...he came back from the dead and offered his own blood...!"

sonic21
07-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Sexually frustrated Sookie in the bed after Bill went to meet Eric in the bar was smoking hot by the way.

Lackluster
07-13-2009, 05:53 PM
i'm convinced there is something huge at play with the fellowship.

they're coveting jason because they want to get to sookie, bill, and even eric too. maybe even sam and maryanne too...

there's gonna be either a jason vs sookie showdown, or they're gonna try to recruit sookie

i'm thinking the fellowship has the dallas/sheriff/oldest vampire and they need to get eric and bill too...

ATRAIN
07-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Sexually frustrated Sookie in the bed after Bill went to meet Eric in the bar was smoking hot by the way.

lol yup

ATRAIN
07-14-2009, 07:43 AM

they're coveting jason because they want to get to sookie, bill, and even eric too. maybe even sam and maryanne too...

there's gonna be either a jason vs sookie showdown, or they're gonna try to recruit sookie

i'm thinking the fellowship has the dallas/sheriff/oldest vampire and they need to get eric and bill too...

Yeah I like where this is headed.

SpursStalker
07-14-2009, 07:45 AM

I've read the entire series that this is based on and it has gone south! LOL

Sookie will not be involved in the Fellowship in the way you think.

With Sookie in Dallas, things are about to heat up, I hope they follow the book more with this line ...

ATRAIN
07-14-2009, 07:47 AM
How did Eric get to Dallas so fast? Why did bill have to fly?

ATRAIN
07-14-2009, 07:48 AM
I wonder whats up with that guy that can read minds too.

SpursStalker
07-14-2009, 07:49 AM
I wonder whats up with that guy that can read minds too.

I cant remember his name but him and Sookie become pretty good friends.

:D

I hope I'm not spoiling this for anyone.

LOL

SpursStalker
07-14-2009, 07:50 AM
How did Eric get to Dallas so fast? Why did bill have to fly?

Eric is way older than Bill and has greater power ... plus Sookie cant fly like Eric

LOL

ATRAIN
08-31-2009, 11:05 AM
1 more episode, pretty good season so far. Eric has established himself as my fav character and he never disappoints. The little human comments were funny as fuck. I wonder if Bill can fly?

I. Hustle
08-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Bill got to Sam's pretty fast so maybe he can too. I am glad that bitch Maryann is going to die. I hate that character. The only thing she brought to the show were alot of nice nude scenes.

What was up with that random Sookie's cousin chick? That came out of nowhere.

ATRAIN
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Bill got to Sam's pretty fast so maybe he can too. I am glad that bitch Maryann is going to die. I hate that character. The only thing she brought to the show were alot of nice nude scenes.

Yeah I was like wow really?? I wonder if there is anything special about her? IM still a bit pissed cause Godrick died.

ATRAIN
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Its funny how Eric looked at Sam with disgust when he called him a "shifter" lol

Ginofan
08-31-2009, 01:44 PM

She's from the books. In the books she's dead, but I can't really see where they are taking her in the show...

I definitely am an Eric fan these days, His interactions with Arlene's kids was hilarious and I am also ready for the Mary Ann storyline to die, I mean seriously how evil can one person get, she's making me hate Tara!

ATRAIN
08-31-2009, 01:49 PM
She's from the bools. In the books she's dead, but I can't really see where they are taking her in the show...

I definitely am an Eric fan these days, His interactions with Arlene's kids was hilarious and I am also ready for the Mary Ann storyline to die, I mean seriously how evil can one person get, she's making me hate Tara!

I was never a Tara fan but yeah I dont like her at all now.

LOL "little humans"

Eric makes this show for sure.

I. Hustle
08-31-2009, 01:52 PM
I want to get the books so it would give me something to read at lunch. That is what made me read the Dexter books.

I figured they were going to work that chick in somehow. I know I'd work her in.

Yeah I thought Godric (sp?) was going to be a badass character and then the nigga up and offed himself. What's funny is I am not an Eric fan like you guys but his character is getting better. If LaFayette wasn't such a homo he would have been my fav character. The dude went super fag this season.

I. Hustle
08-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Lets get back to talking about 2blondes boobs.

Ginofan
08-31-2009, 01:58 PM
I want to get the books so it would give me something to read at lunch. That is what made me read the Dexter books.

I figured they were going to work that chick in somehow. I know I'd work her in.

Yeah I thought Godric (sp?) was going to be a badass character and then the nigga up and offed himself. What's funny is I am not an Eric fan like you guys but his character is getting better. If LaFayette wasn't such a homo he would have been my fav character. The dude went super fag this season.

Lmao I know what you mean, I miss the Lafayette with a bad ass attitude (like that "burger with AIDS" episode!) Now every time he gets threatened he hits the floor and starts freakin', blah!

I loooooove the books a lot more than the show, though in the books Lafayette is toast early on so that sucks. But in the books Sookie has more interests than just Bill, in the show she is always forgiving him for everything and it's all "I love Bill we'll be together forever BS" I do wonder if they are going to work in what happens to Jason in the books....that would be awesome.

Ginofan
08-31-2009, 02:01 PM
I was never a Tara fan but yeah I dont like her at all now.

LOL "little humans"

Eric makes this show for sure.

How did you like Evan Rachel Wood as Queen Sophie? I thought she was alright, but she was so nonchalant...I expected a queen to be more regal. Like Eric sits on a throne-like chair in Fangtasia and just watches people and doesn't really interact with anyone (besides Pam)....I just expected someone more like that in the queen.

ATRAIN
08-31-2009, 02:06 PM
How did you like Evan Rachel Wood as Queen Sophie? I thought she was alright, but she was so nonchalant...I expected a queen to be more regal. Like Eric sits on a throne-like chair in Fangtasia and just watches people and doesn't really interact with anyone (besides Pam)....I just expected someone more like that in the queen.

Yeah I expected more too. I wonder if she is the oldest?

I. Hustle
08-31-2009, 02:06 PM

She was hot but yeah I expected more from her. I was like Yahtzee? WTF?!

Jason's character is kind of pissing me off. The whole leadership conference and the military training crap I thought was stupid since he went against the Fellowship of the sun and oh shit I am starting to act like a harry potter fan.

So are you going to buy True Blood when it comes out? It is going to be a blood orange drink.

ATRAIN
08-31-2009, 02:07 PM
lmao i know what you mean, i miss the lafayette with a bad ass attitude (like that "burger with aids" episode!) now every time he gets threatened he hits the floor and starts freakin', blah!

I loooooove the books a lot more than the show, though in the books lafayette is toast early on so that sucks. But in the books sookie has more interests than just bill, in the show she is always forgiving him for everything and it's all "i love bill we'll be together forever bs" i do wonder if they are going to work in what happens to jason in the books....that would be awesome.

dont say it!!!!

SpursStalker
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
dont say it!!!!

He fucks a half breed ....

:lmao

I. Hustle
08-31-2009, 02:36 PM

F'n wikipedia bastards! GAYTRAIN DO NOT LOOK IT UP ON WIKIPEDIA!

ATRAIN
08-31-2009, 02:38 PM

Seriously stop making spoilers, im going to have to block your ass.

SpursStalker
08-31-2009, 02:56 PM
F'n wikipedia bastards! GAYTRAIN DO NOT LOOK IT UP ON WIKIPEDIA!

:lol

Seriously stop making spoilers, im going to have to block your ass.

I thought you already did ...

:sleep

Chingo Bling
08-31-2009, 03:12 PM
They chould make a chow about the Cupacabra or La Lechusa on Univision or HBO latino. I would watsh that chit.

Melmart1
08-31-2009, 04:11 PM
I thought Evan Rachel Wood's acting was just awful. Too stiff, trying too hard. The opening where she is sucking on that girl's thighs made me think she was gonna be good but then she opened her mouth to speak and bah ... just terrible.

She looked really great though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Anyone watch True Blood on HBO?

Not anyone with a dick.

Ginofan
08-31-2009, 05:20 PM
She was hot but yeah I expected more from her. I was like Yahtzee? WTF?!

Jason's character is kind of pissing me off. The whole leadership conference and the military training crap I thought was stupid since he went against the Fellowship of the sun and oh shit I am starting to act like a harry potter fan.

So are you going to buy True Blood when it comes out? It is going to be a blood orange drink.

Jason just makes me laugh, I can't take him seriously for one second. Him and Andy pairing up is crazy, that scene in the truck where Andy says something like "you get any chick you want without having to work for it" and then Jason says "I work out a fucking ton" I just about died! :lol

I thought Evan Rachel Wood's acting was just awful. Too stiff, trying too hard. The opening where she is sucking on that girl's thighs made me think she was gonna be good but then she opened her mouth to speak and bah ... just terrible.

She looked really great though.

She looked fabulous, and I loved the dayroom decor but yeah...just not who I pictured to play the queen or how i would've thought a queen would act.