PDA

View Full Version : #2 Draft pick Michael Beasley fires agent

Allanon
09-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Well, well, heads are already starting to roll.

Beasley fires agent and adviser over poor endorsement deals
http://thundertalk.net/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=Kevin-Durants-agent-possibly-will-represent-Michael-Beasley.html&Itemid=1

In a surprising move, top rookie Michael Beasley fired his agent Joel Bell. Michael Beasley was the #2 draft pick of the Miami Heat in the NBA draft class of 2008. Beasley was chosen after #1 Derrick Rose, #3 OJ Mayo and OKC's #4 pick Russell Westbrook.

It was rumored that Beasley was unhappy with his agent Joel Bell over poor endorsement deals. Although reportedly, he did get a nice endorsement deal with Microsoft and it's MSN.com portal.

And to top that off, it appears that Beasley also became disenchanted with his AAU coach and personal Advisor Curtis Malone. Only they know what happened behind the scenes but needless to say, Beasley's out looking for some new representation and advice.

So what does this have to do with the OKC Thunder? Well, turns out, one of the new agents trying to vye for the Beasley name will be Aaron Goodwin. Yup, that's the same Aaron Goodwin who represents our Kevin Durant. Since Durant and Beasley are good friends, chances are Aaron Goodwin will get the nod. And if that happens, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see KD & Beasley teamed up in the same colors.

Did You Know?
Michael Beasley...the Pizza Snatcher
Kevin Durant and Michael Beasley are childhood friends hearkening back to when they were 11 years old?
"We were 11 years old when we met," Durant said. "We had a team and the guy that ran the organization (PK Martin) heard about him and brought him down to the rec center. Mike practiced with us one day, and he was awful. You could tell that he was good, but I guess he was nervous. He was lazy. He didn't play like he wanted to.
"And when he left, he stole our pizza. Our big pizza. We had just ordered it, too."
It would appear the careers of Kevin Durant and Michael Beasley are intertwined much like Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon. More on that story in another blog.

IronMexican
09-14-2008, 12:45 AM
#2?

Allanon
09-14-2008, 12:48 AM
#2?

Hahah, good catch.

In all honesty, I think Chicago's going to regret that #1 pick. Rose just doesn't seem that good to me and I think Beasley will be the more "impact" player.

tlongII
09-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Beasley ain't gonna do jack.

rj215
09-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Beasley's got all the talent in the world but seems like a knucklehead. He''ll end up like Derrick Coleman if he doesn't straighten up.

Sissiborgo
09-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Well he's the best rookie this year..But not a good start by getting he's agent fired....:toast

JamStone
09-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Maybe his former agent got him an endorsement for toilets.

angelbelow
09-14-2008, 02:50 PM
i dont see rose as an impact player either. but i could be wrong because i also didnt think deron was going to be this good either.

Red Hawk #21
09-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Hahah, good catch.

In all honesty, I think Chicago's going to regret that #1 pick. Rose just doesn't seem that good to me and I think Beasley will be the more "impact" player.

Nah I disagree, I think Rose is a combination of Monta Ellis and Devin Harris.

ShoogarBear
09-14-2008, 09:05 PM
This homer writer thinks that just because two players have the same agent, they'll end up on the same team.

Because that's how it works all the time in the NBA.

If anything, Durant will end up with Miami.

tlongII
09-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Has Beasley shrank any more? He keeps shrinking since his college career ended.