PDA

View Full Version : Did Tina Fey out-Palin Palin

LakeShow
09-14-2008, 09:58 AM
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/09/saturday-night.html

9nMuR1TFq1s

samikeyp
09-14-2008, 10:11 AM
:lmao

Spur-Addict
09-14-2008, 10:15 AM
NoooOOOOOO!!! Mine! :lmao

Crookshanks
09-14-2008, 10:24 AM
that was actually pretty funny. And it's uncanny how much Tina Fey looks like Sarah Palin. But I think it was more a dig at Hillary than at Palin.

mogrovejo
09-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Is this a political discussion?

Kind of childish, isn't it? Oh, right, Obama fans...

Spur-Addict
09-14-2008, 10:31 AM

Why are you lumping me in a category based on an assumption, when simply all I did was have a pleasant response to comedy? :nope Sir, that is flat out reckless. Now, if you addressed me on the issues you'd find out otherwise. No, this previous sentence shouldn't be viewed as an indication of supporting another candidate either. :rolleyes

mogrovejo
09-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Nah, I just asked if it was a political discussion. Is it?

SpursFanFirst
09-14-2008, 10:52 AM
That video is no longer available.

edit: just as I sent that, CNN showed a clip.
Tina Fey nailed that role! :lol

LakeShow
09-14-2008, 11:08 AM
That video is no longer available.

edit: just as I sent that, CNN showed a clip.
Tina Fey nailed that role! :lol

They pulled it. Here's a link

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/09/saturday-night.html

SpursFanFirst
09-14-2008, 11:35 AM
They pulled it. Here's a link

thanks!

whottt
09-14-2008, 03:04 PM
It is pretty funny :lmao

But just think Palin's only been around 3 weeks and she's already being spoofed on SNL.

That's when you know it's over.

It's going to be fun watching Fey portray Palin over the next 4 years. Regardless of what Fey says...you know she wouldn't mind that gig for the next 4 years.

One thing that did surprise me after watching this skit...Palin is actually a lot better looking than Fey.

hitmanyr2k
09-14-2008, 03:59 PM
I think this one is better...and sadly it's not all that different from the real interview.

Rfz6QGmuvp4

Anti.Hero
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Fey was hardcore Hillary during the primaries, it's no surprise she will hack away at Palin any chance she gets.

She nailed the impersonation though.

whottt
09-14-2008, 06:08 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/14/politics/fromtheroad/entry4448143.shtml

From CBS News' Scott Conroy:

The true extent to which Palin-mania has come to dominate the TV news cycle hit home for me last night as I flipped through the channels on the Palin campaign’s charter flight from Reno to Denver. Within a period of about a half hour, I caught the much-anticipated debut of Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on “Saturday Night,” as well as seperate Palin documentaries on MSNBC and CNN.

Tina Fey was such a dead ringer for Palin that I was tempted to open the curtains that seperate the governor and her staff from the media to make sure she was still on the plane and hadn’t managed to sneak off to Manhattan to appear live on the show.

One of the more biting pieces of satire came at the beginning of the sketch when Amy Poehler’s rendition of Hillary Clinton standing beside Palin said, "I believe that diplomacy should be the cornerstone of any foreign policy.”

"And I can see Russia from my house,” Fey as Palin replied.

According to her spokesperson Tracey Schmitt, the real Sarah Palin had a good laugh along with the press corps in the back of the plane and millions of Americans at home.

“She thought it was quite funny, particularly because she once dressed up as Tina Fey for Halloween,” Schmitt said.

Watch the “Saturday Night Live” video below.

TheMadHatter
09-14-2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/14/politics/fromtheroad/entry4448143.shtml

From CBS News' Scott Conroy:

The true extent to which Palin-mania has come to dominate the TV news cycle hit home for me last night as I flipped through the channels on the Palin campaign’s charter flight from Reno to Denver. Within a period of about a half hour, I caught the much-anticipated debut of Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on “Saturday Night,” as well as seperate Palin documentaries on MSNBC and CNN.

Tina Fey was such a dead ringer for Palin that I was tempted to open the curtains that seperate the governor and her staff from the media to make sure she was still on the plane and hadn’t managed to sneak off to Manhattan to appear live on the show.

One of the more biting pieces of satire came at the beginning of the sketch when Amy Poehler’s rendition of Hillary Clinton standing beside Palin said, "I believe that diplomacy should be the cornerstone of any foreign policy.”

"And I can see Russia from my house,” Fey as Palin replied.

According to her spokesperson Tracey Schmitt, the real Sarah Palin had a good laugh along with the press corps in the back of the plane and millions of Americans at home.

“She thought it was quite funny, particularly because she once dressed up as Tina Fey for Halloween,” Schmitt said.

Watch the “Saturday Night Live” video below.

No.

Palin was on board her campaign jet flying from Reno to Denver as 11:30 PM Eastern rolled around. But the show was available on the Jetblue charter's satellite TV system.

Standing alongside SNL cast member Amy Poehler who was impersonating Hillary Clinton, Fey's Palin extolled her foreign policy expertise in a flat midwestern accent: "I can see Russia from my house!"

There were howls of laughter from the sizeable press corps covering Palin's first foray on the campaign trail without her running man as a chaperone.

But, from the front of the plane, silence. The flight attendants assured us Palin and her entourage were watching. What she thought, though, is anybody's guess.

Palin has yet to say so much as hello to the press corps.

The campaign is doing its best to keep Palin well away from inquisitive reporters, going so far as to book the press corps into a separate hotel from the candidate.

Not surprised that you are the only person on this forum who literally believes what the spokespeople for the McCain campaign say. You probably don't believe dinosaurs roamed the earth either right?

Spur-Addict
09-14-2008, 06:19 PM

I see your question, but do you see your following statement?

I simply watched the video, at the time there wasn't much of a discussion. Ask the video poster about the discussion. But, you did group me with Obama supporters. See what ya did there? Fans, plural, more than 1.

SpursFanFirst
09-14-2008, 06:20 PM
It's good to know she has a sense of humor.

Oh, and that woman that played Hillary sucked.

Kermit
09-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Whottt's palms since Palin arrived on the scene have probably become very wooly.

Mr. Peabody
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
It is pretty funny :lmao

But just think Palin's only been around 3 weeks and she's already being spoofed on SNL.

That's when you know it's over.

She's being spoofed because there's a already a caricature of her in our media and she's currently in the news.

Is there any bit of news that you wouldn't consider proof that Palin is the greatest politician in U.S. history or that the campaign is over?

Mr. Peabody
09-14-2008, 06:28 PM
It's good to know she has a sense of humor.

Oh, and that woman that played Hillary sucked.

Amy Poehler's not bad. She's pregnant and may not be 100% into her work right now. She was great in Baby Mama and on Arrested Development.

whottt
09-14-2008, 06:29 PM
She's being spoofed because there's a already a caricature of her in our media and she's currently in the news.

No shit?

Is there any bit of news that you wouldn't consider proof that Palin is the greatest politician in U.S. history or that the campaign is over?

No.

Mr. Peabody
09-14-2008, 06:32 PM
No.

That was unexpected. I give you credit for your honesty.
:toast

whottt
09-14-2008, 06:35 PM
No.

Not surprised that you are the only person on this forum who literally believes what the spokespeople for the McCain campaign say. You probably don't believe dinosaurs roamed the earth either right?

You are so ignorant it's funny :lol

whottt
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
That was unexpected. I give you credit for your honesty.
:toast

It's really not funny...I don't trust anything the Democrats or the media say. In fact I don't even bother checking the validity anymore.

You guys can thank yourselves for that.

Bandit2981
09-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Fey was DEAD ON for Palin, especially the voice...Poehler could use a little work on her Hillary though. Very funny skit.

Mr. Peabody
09-14-2008, 06:42 PM
I don't trust anything the Democrats or the media say. In fact I don't even bother checking the validity anymore.

You guys can thank yourselves for that.

I'll make sure to pass that along at my next liberal elitist meeting with GE, Viacom, Disney, and the DNC.

whottt
09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Why does Sarah Palin hate America?

Actual thread title....and part of the problem.

cool hand
09-14-2008, 07:15 PM

don't act like something doesn't bother you when it does.

Anti.Hero
09-14-2008, 07:18 PM
No.

OH SHIT! matt damon posts on spurstalk.com

Now is when you reply with "Jesus Christ was a community organizer and pontius pilot was a governor!!!!"

Mr. Peabody
09-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Actual thread title....and part of the problem.

People not getting sarcasm is a large problem too....

Mr. Peabody
09-14-2008, 07:29 PM
OH SHIT! matt damon posts on spurstalk.com

Now is when you reply with "Jesus Christ was a community organizer and pontius pilot was a governor!!!!"

I was going to reply with -

THREE PROOFS THAT JESUS WAS MEXICAN:
1. His first name was Jesus.
2. He was bilingual.
3. He was always being harassed by the authorities.

But then there were equally good arguments that...
JESUS WAS BLACK
1. He called everybody "brother."
2. He liked Gospel.
3. He couldn't get a fair trial.

JESUS WAS JEWISH
1. He went into His Father's business.
2. He lived at home until he was 33.
3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin, and his Mother was sure he was God.

JESUS WAS A CALIFORNIAN
1. He never cut his hair.
2. He walked around barefoot.
3. He started a new religion.

JESUS WAS IRISH
1. He never got married.
2. He was always telling stories.
3. He loved green pastures.

But perhaps the most compelling evidence ...

THREE PROOFS THAT JESUS WAS A WOMAN ...
1. He had to feed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food.
2. He kept trying to get the message across to a bunch of men who JUST DIDN'T GET IT.
3. Even when He was dead, He had to get up because there was more work for him to do.

whottt
09-14-2008, 07:30 PM
People not getting sarcasm is a large problem too....

:yawn: just sounds like another smear to me...tuned out long ago.

Mr. Peabody
09-14-2008, 07:41 PM
:yawn: just sounds like another smear to me...tuned out long ago.

I know it was hard to figure out. I mean, the first two sentences were only "I know. It's ridiculous."

whottt
09-14-2008, 07:53 PM
I never clicked on it...