PDA

View Full Version : Bulking up

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Anyone into weight training? I've been training for about 12months now but ive just been toning up and mixing in alot of cardio. I've just started ditching that and going for heavy weights, and low reps (4-6 reps) each set.

Just wanted to get some tips on bulking up quickly but safely. I dont want roids :lol and there is so much stuff about weight training on the internet that its hard to believe half of it.

Cheers :toast

balli
09-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Norcal will be along shortly to offer some ultra-gay advice about wearing fitted shirts.

johnsmith
09-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Anyone into weight training? I've been training for about 12months now but ive just been toning up and mixing in alot of cardio. I've just started ditching that and going for heavy weights, and low reps (4-6 reps) each set.

Just wanted to get some tips on bulking up quickly but safely. I dont want roids :lol and there is so much stuff about weight training on the internet that its hard to believe half of it.

Change your diet to include lots of protein and then just eat three times as much as you normally would while still working out as though you are trying to put on mass. You have it right though, low reps, high weight.

Heath Ledger
09-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Lots and lots of protein, chicken and steak will be your staple meals, eggs in the morning, protein shakes. Just eat and eat and lift and lift you will explode in more ways than one.

tlongII
09-14-2008, 12:22 PM
I've been eating lots of pizza lately.

TDMVPDPOY
09-14-2008, 12:44 PM
I've been eating lots of pizza lately.

thats the spirit mate

ive been doin that since the start of the year, yay or nay?

Bandit2981
09-14-2008, 12:53 PM
A simple and basic way to do it is to monitor calories, because if you take in more calories than you burn off in a given day, you will gain weight. If you are looking to bulk up, consume your body weight times 15 in calories per day.

Cry Havoc
09-14-2008, 01:06 PM

I think it's a misnomer that you have to go ultra heavy for multiple sets to max out muscle building.

From my experience, a MAX of 3 sets works well for each individual exercise.

Protein supplement is a good option, I drink EAS Strawberry mix and it actually tastes good. If gives you far more protein than you can get otherwise.

Eat right, eat often, vary your exercises. Swim. Run. Lift. You want to prevent your body from building any kind of unnecessary fat storage. Do NOT target the same muscle groups two days in a row. Muscles need 48 hours to rebuild after a hard session. Most importantly, don't work to your absolute limit at first, because that's an easy way to burn yourself out and get tired of it.

Anti.Hero
09-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Stick with compound movements and do work son.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

tlongII
09-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Why the heck do you kids want to bulk up anyway? I can understand if you're a football player or something, but otherwise it makes no sense.

Anti.Hero
09-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Check out crossfit. It'll get you big if you modify the weight/reps, but will also rape your lungs/heart.

polandprzem
09-15-2008, 12:27 AM

Find a bodybuliding board.
They will inform you about diet, technics and suplemants.
One year is nothing. Yo need years of training to get bulked up, but go to the bodybuliding board or ask in a gym for a personal coach.

Sense
09-15-2008, 12:36 AM
E20, GiG, and Horryfor3 in 3...2...

jman3000
09-15-2008, 12:54 AM
ugh... recently went to the gym and id say about 4 years ago i was able to max at about 350... when i lifted recently i found that i could barely get 225 up. ive lost about 80 pounds since high school... but damn i didnt realize i lost so much muscle mass.

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2008, 12:57 AM
wassup big swole

E20
09-15-2008, 01:23 AM
Sample Powerlift program:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/PowerliftingPrograms.html

Director of muscles and exercises for each muscle:
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Quick run down of gaining muscle:
http://bodybuilding.com/store/musclegain.htm

florige
09-15-2008, 07:06 AM
ugh... recently went to the gym and id say about 4 years ago i was able to max at about 350... when i lifted recently i found that i could barely get 225 up. ive lost about 80 pounds since high school... but damn i didnt realize i lost so much muscle mass.

You can put up that much weight?

Shelly
09-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Stick with compound movements and do work son.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

That's what I do. I love Crossfit! And 1369 just started doing it too.

SpursWoman
09-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Quitting smoking worked for me. :(

Shelly
09-15-2008, 08:20 AM
The CF community is big on Starting Strength.
http://www.startingstrength.net/

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2008, 10:38 AM
is there one for the flacid?

IronMexican
09-15-2008, 10:39 AM
jack off for 30 minutes with one arm, then 30 minutes with the other.

polandprzem
09-15-2008, 11:08 AM
jack off for 30 minutes with one arm, then 30 minutes with the other.

30 minutes? :wow

It must to be a cardio

ALVAREZ6
09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
A simple and basic way to do it is to monitor calories, because if you take in more calories than you burn off in a given day, you will gain weight. If you are looking to bulk up, consume your body weight times 15 in calories per day.
I consume much more than my weight times 15 calories per day and I struggle staying at my weight.

Barbarian
09-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Stick to compound lifts (squats, pullups, bench press, etc..) rather than isolation exercises(curls, leg extensions, flys, etc..). You will get much faster results.
Low reps and high intensity is the general rule for building mass.
Not too much cardio either.

And a shit load of low fat calories.

polandprzem
09-15-2008, 01:39 PM
And negative motion slower then positive one

You will get some advises here but, look up for a bodybuilding board.
You need to have constant help in bulding mass