PDA

View Full Version : Embattled Colorado College Professor Speech Attended by 1000's

Nbadan
02-10-2005, 11:38 AM
By Erin Gartner
ASSOCIATED PRESS
8:43 p.m. February 8, 2005

BOULDER, Colo. – A University of Colorado professor who angered two governors and offended families of World Trade Center victims with his comparison of 911 victims to Nazis gave a speech Tuesday to a cheering crowd of hundreds. <snip>

Nearly two dozen uniformed officers inside the ballroom used handheld metal detectors to scan the more than 1,000 attendees for weapons. No weapons were found and nobody was arrested, said Derrick Watson, assistant to vice chancellor for administration. <snip>

The crowd was loud and orderly as Churchill, whose writings and speeches face a 30-day university review that could lead to his dismissal, spoke: "I do not work for the taxpayers of the state of Colorado. I do not work for (Gov.) Bill Owens. I work for you," he said to thunderous applause. <snip>

Churchill spoke for 35 minutes and was interrupted several times by applause, never by protest. Most of his speech centered on United State's foreign policy, and the history of domestic policy toward American Indians. <snip>

Sign On San Diego (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20050208-2043-wst-speakerprotest-speech.html)

University of Wisconsin-Whitewater administrators spent much of the day Tuesday fielding calls from people expressing their opinions about the school's plan to host Ward Churchill ...

Brian Mattmiller, university spokesman, said the calls, which he numbered in the dozens, were split evenly from those wanting the school to cancel Churchill's talk and those urging that he be allowed to speak.

"It's 50-50," said Mattmiller.

UW-Whitewater Chancellor Jack Miller is reviewing the situation and is expected to announce in the next few days whether the event will be held as scheduled, Mattmiller said. <snip>

JS Online (http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/feb05/300100.asp)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050209/capt.coea80802090429.speaker_protest_coea808.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050209/capt.coea80502090415.speaker_protest_coea805.jpg

Clandestino
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
i saw this on cspan..

one good question posed to him was, "sir, i would say the majority of the people here are getting a college degree not to become a janitor or a food service worker. do you think we are all little eichmanns too and are all guilty?" he told the questioner yes... no one applauded..

another question was, "you make $90,000 a year from the government you supposedly hate, that makes you just as much a technocrat as the people you call guilty in the 9/11 attacks." speaker was cut off.. tried to ask if churchill was a hypocrit.. churchill just said, you don't know the meaning of hypocrasy.

NeoConIV
02-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Dude is a traitorous sack of shit.

FromWayDowntown
02-10-2005, 01:25 PM
so were the Founding Fathers, if you think about it.

NeoConIV
02-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Ok, Ward's had his 15 minutes.

Next...

emmo
02-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Dude is a traitorous sack of shit.

how exactly?

traitor
n 1: someone who betrays his country by committing treason [syn: treasonist] 2: a person who says one thing and does another [syn: double-crosser, double-dealer, two-timer, betrayer]

Main Entry: trea·son
Pronunciation: 'trEz-&noun
Function: noun
Etymology: Anglo-French treison crime of violence against a person to whom allegiance is owed, literally, betrayal, from Old French traïson, from traïr to betray, from Latin tradere to hand over, surrender
: the offense of attempting to overthrow the government of one's country or of assisting its enemies in war; specifically : the act of levying war against the United States or adhering to or giving aid and comfort to its enemies by one who owes it allegiance —trea·son·ous

oh yeah and also...

free speech
n.
The right to express any opinion in public without censorship or restraint by the government.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Man, where's Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him?

I'd gladly go to jail for five minutes out behind the wood shed with this asshole.

Experiment2100
02-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Please, he's just being supported because the conservatives are against him. I can't wait for his fifteen minutes to die.

P.S. That mofo has a HUGE head.