PDA

View Full Version : Anti-McCain Ad Running on CNN is Swift-like...

Mr. Peabody
09-14-2008, 06:16 PM
I haven't seen it on CNN, so I don't know if this is a national ad, but people in other states have reported seeing this ad throughout the day.

VdzeTq6YPg0

romad_20
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
I haven't seen it on CNN, so I don't know if this is a national ad, but people in other states have reported seeing this ad throughout the day.

VdzeTq6YPg0

Hoorah! :lol Its an all out slime fest. Politics are digusting :vomit:

Bartleby
09-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Not pretty and definitely below the belt. I'm sure it's a sign of what we can expect from both sides for the next month and a half.

TheMadHatter
09-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Oh vey! Here we go again.....

This kind of shit has no business in politics. There should be laws against airing outrageous and false ads. In fact, every political ad should have to go through an independent fact check organization to prevent misinformation from being spread.

whottt
09-14-2008, 06:43 PM
It's not going to work....

The only people that add will appeal too are far lefties.

Plus, that guy pretty much dissed every Vietnam POW by his generalized statements on POW's. The disdain that the left still has for Vietnam Veterans in that add is painfully obvious.

Major gaffe.

Kerry was easy to swiftboat because he actually was a traitor. I mean by the legal definition of the term he was...plus he hung his fellow Vietnam Vets out to dry for his own personal political gain. This guy also hung his fellow vets out to dry in this add.

The left is incapable of comminicating with the moderates, because all the moderate voices in the party have been extinguised or forced out..they can only communicate with other lefties, that is the only perspective the DNP has now. That's the problem with the Democrats.

Brain drain.

romad_20
09-14-2008, 08:30 PM

Plus, that guy pretty much dissed every Vietnam POW by his generalized statements on POW's. The disdain that the left still has for Vietnam Veterans in that add is painfully obvious.

Major gaffe.

Kerry was easy to swiftboat because he actually was a traitor. I mean by the legal definition of the term he was...plus he hung his fellow Vietnam Vets out to dry for his own personal political gain. This guy also hung his fellow vets out to dry in this add.

The left is incapable of comminicating with the moderates, because all the moderate voices in the party have been extinguised or forced out..they can only communicate with other lefties, that is the only perspective the DNP has now. That's the problem with the Democrats.

Brain drain.

You are the most bias poster on here I've seen this political forum. It's like you get the same talking points everyday. Democrats are bad, Republicans are infallible. 'Pubs have no collateral left with the middle either so give it a fucking rest.

byrontx
09-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Hooray! Finally going to give it to the republicans like we've been been catching it for over a decade? Now we need our own Karl Rove, our own news outlet (like Faux News), our own group of ranting radio guys (with daily talking points) and our own chain of newspapers (like Murdock's, Hearst and Cox). Time to quit being patsies and to start re-programing dittoheads.

Anti.Hero
09-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Hooray! Finally going to give it to the republicans like we've been been catching it for over a decade? Now we need our own Karl Rove, our own news outlet (like Faux News), our own group of ranting radio guys (with daily talking points) and our own chain of newspapers (like Murdock's, Hearst and Cox). Time to quit being patsies and to start re-programing dittoheads.

Only one prob. None of ya'lls shit will get enough ratings to stay in business and you will have to keep sucking Soros' tit for a couple more decades.

AFBlue
09-14-2008, 08:53 PM
You are the most bias poster on here I've seen this political forum. It's like you get the same talking points everyday. Democrats are bad, Republicans are infallible. 'Pubs have no collateral left with the middle either so give it a fucking rest.

It's really not going to work though....no matter how absurdely biased whottt is.

Kerry's story and actions after-the-fact created an opening for the swiftboaters' angle to be played. That's not the case here.

Since McCain turned down an opportunity to leave and came back lifting up his fellow prisoners as the real heroes, perspectives like this one will get lost in the crowd.

whottt
09-14-2008, 08:54 PM
You are the most bias poster on here I've seen this political forum. It's like you get the same talking points everyday.
Then don't read them...idiot.

Democrats are bad, Republicans are infallible.

More like the Democrats are acting like fucking scum since Palin was nominated and again became a party of voices that I thoroughly despise.

And it's not just me...Keith Olberman and Chris Matthews finished dead last in ratings.

Ask yourself why.

'Pubs have no collateral left with the middle either so give it a fucking rest.

The middle doesn't play favorites...and the Democrats have been worse.

The smears on Palin were extremely offensive and revealed the caliber of individual in the Democratic party today..and it is a low caliber of person. Extremely low.

Spur-Addict
09-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't care for either of the candidates, nor will I take any sides, but McCain looks like Dr. Evil :lol

I'm not saying he is evil, I just thought it was funny.

Bartleby
09-14-2008, 09:31 PM

I guess it depends on what they were trying to do. It is definitely red meat for that part of the Democratic base that has been clamoring for a much more aggressive attack on McCain.

Also, it shifts the focus away from Palin and reinforces what I perceive to be the two central themes in the attack on McCain. First, that he is out of touch and, more recently, that he is unstable.

Of course, the ad does also seem like it has the potential to backfire and turn off moderate voters, but one reason it could work is that it's not questioning his patriotism or whether he did X, Y, and Z. Instead, it forces the McCain camp to disprove something that can't be proven in the first place. Basically, the goal isn't to prove that he is unstable so much as get people talking about his temperament and cast doubts. If the ad starts getting national media attention (and lots of buzz on the Internet), people will start bringing up other anecdotes that suggest he is unstable.

And, as soon as people start pointing fingers at Obama, all he has to do is denounce it and say how we need to stick to the issues.

I'm not saying I favor this kind of politics, but that's how the game is played.

Wild Cobra
09-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Swift like?

Really?

You mean the Obama campaign out there is finally airing an ad that is the truth?

ploto
09-14-2008, 09:53 PM
The ad could be called disrespectful or in poor taste, but you can not call it untruthful because it is one guy who knows him giving his opinion. That's not a lie.

whottt
09-14-2008, 09:55 PM
I guess it depends on what they were trying to do. It is definitely red meat for that part of the Democratic base that has been clamoring for a much more aggressive attack on McCain.

Also, it shifts the focus away from Palin and reinforces what I perceive to be the two central themes in the attack on McCain. First, that he is out of touch and, more recently, that he is unstable.

Of course, the ad does also seem like it has the potential to backfire and turn off moderate voters, but one reason it could work is that it's not questioning his patriotism or whether he did X, Y, and Z. Instead, it forces the McCain camp to disprove something that can't be proven in the first place. Basically, the goal isn't to prove that he is unstable so much as get people talking about his temperament and cast doubts. If the ad starts getting national media attention (and lots of buzz on the Internet), people will start bringing up other anecdotes that suggest he is unstable.

And, as soon as people start pointing fingers at Obama, all he has to do is denounce it and say how we need to stick to the issues.

I'm not saying I favor this kind of politics, but that's how the game is played.

Oh it'll get a response...of that I have no doubt.

boutons_
09-15-2008, 12:18 AM
"The only people that add will appeal too are far lefties."

But slime and slander and lies from McWorse "works" and not only for the far righties. Got it.

Simpe, slimeless question: Why won't Sick Old Cancerous McOverTheHill release his complete medical records?

Actuarially, McWorse has a 1 in 3 chance of not living until Jan 2013, not that there's anything wrong with that (apart from putting a lying, vindictive, power-abusing secretive, classless pitbull bitch in the WH).

Practically, he'll make it, since wealthy people live 5 years longer than non-wealthy people in retrogressive/conservative Darwinian America, aka Survival of the Richest.

romad_20
09-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Then don't read them...idiot.

Name calling, seriously? Stay classy.

Do you really believe that Republicans are so much better than Democrats or are you that fucking brain washed into sucking down that platform and not questioning anything they say? Do you believe this is some sort of fight between good and evil and half the country is on the right side and the other half is just wrong all the time?

Maybe I wouldn't read your mumbling crap but you spew bullshit on this board 24/7 and act like you're the end all of the correct opinion.

I am an independent, something you know nothing about. Don't tell me how the Democrats have been worse after what the Republican party has done with their time in power and the last two elections.

Neither party provides me with a good choice as a social liberal and fiscal conservative, but I won't vote for some re-hashed lines of bs that we've been fed since 2000.

2centsworth
09-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Name calling, seriously? Stay classy.

Do you really believe that Republicans are so much better than Democrats or are you that fucking brain washed into sucking down that platform and not questioning anything they say? Do you believe this is some sort of fight between good and evil and half the country is on the right side and the other half is just wrong all the time?

Maybe I wouldn't read your mumbling crap but you spew bullshit on this board 24/7 and act like you're the end all of the correct opinion.

I am an independent, something you know nothing about. Don't tell me how the Democrats have been worse after what the Republican party has done with their time in power and the last two elections.

Neither party provides me with a good choice as a social liberal and fiscal conservative, but I won't vote for some re-hashed lines of bs that we've been fed since 2000.

because he doesn't offend me, I think I can simplify Whottt's message. The dems keep giving us crap because of the influence of the extreme left. If the dems ran another Clinton, he would win in a landslide, but instead we get Obama.

Findog
09-16-2008, 01:16 PM
McCain is not good on veteran's issues, they should hit him on that. McCain's temper is legendary, it's fair game to point that out. What's NOT fair is to make shit up, like McCain does, or poke around in people's private affairs, like the leftie blogs have been doing to Palin.

Sarah Palin
09-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Bring it on!!

romad_20
09-16-2008, 01:26 PM
because he doesn't offend me, I think I can simplify Whottt's message. The dems keep giving us crap because of the influence of the extreme left. If the dems ran another Clinton, he would win in a landslide, but instead we get Obama.

I would not have voted for another Clinton, especially Hillary.

And what is the difference between the Democrats being influenced by the left and what the Republicans are doing with Palin. She was brought in to energize the apathetic far right. She is in no way a moderate and represents the same divisive politics that have been going on for a while. My problem with what he is saying, just like my problem with the candidates, is that its hypocritical to say one side or the other is better. They are both doing the same things.

I would like to hear actual debate on real issues from the camps.

George Gervin's Afro
09-16-2008, 01:29 PM

And what is the difference between the Democrats being influenced by the left and what the Republicans are doing with Palin. She was brought in to energize the apathetic far right. She is in no way a moderate and represents the same divisive politics that have been going on for a while. My problem with what he is saying, just like my problem with the candidates, is that its hypocritical to say one side or the other is better. They are both doing the same things.

No the right wingers can slam dems for doing the exact same things their candidates do. See when you have no integrity it's simple to be a hypocrite!

johnsmith
09-16-2008, 01:30 PM
romad, you are at the wrong website if you are going to go after Whott. If you go after him for his posts, then you might as well go after 90% of this place that only post in favor of one side and don't actually debate issues or try and persuade.

And if it's name calling that bothers you, I'd like you to meet Boutons.

johnsmith
09-16-2008, 01:31 PM
No the right wingers can slam dems for doing the exact same things their candidates do. See when you have no integrity it's simple to be a hypocrite!

Let's do this another way, just so I can hammer my point away:

"No the left wingers can slam repubs for doing the exact same things their candidates do. See when you have no integrity it's simple to be a hypocrite".

See, it works that way too.

Have I mentioned how emberassing this election is for our country lately?

2centsworth
09-16-2008, 01:37 PM

I was just translating Whottt for you. As far as the debates, McCain proposed a series of townhall debates, but Obama refused. So we're gonna be left with 2 debates with 90 second responses on the issues.