PDA

View Full Version : WTF NFL......quit cheatin' like the NBA

cool hand
09-14-2008, 07:11 PM
wtf the review cameras dont work on the Broncos, but do with the Chargers:rollin

ducks
09-14-2008, 07:18 PM
no kidding

only in denver

vander
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
the ball was fumbled out of his hand backwards, so even if it's a pass its a backwards pass, and a live ball. but hochuli rules it incomplete and spots the ball at the location of the fumble?!?!?!?!?

and this is supposed to be one of the top refs in the NFL

Fuck the NFL:bang when does the NBA preseason start

Fabbs
09-14-2008, 08:12 PM
yeah this fails the smell test on all levels.
Also the earlier *equipment malfunction* that gifted Denver the ball when Chambers was clearly down. Belichekian to say the very least.

johnsmith
09-14-2008, 10:13 PM
no kidding

only in denver

Yes, because Denver is known for having faulty review machines.

Good God you're a fucking idiot.

Scoreboard.

ducks
09-14-2008, 10:20 PM
denver host of the cheating dem conv
and cheating broncos

CubanMustGo
09-14-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't have any pref btw the Broncos and the Bolts but it was obvious SD got screwed.

J.T.
09-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't have any pref btw the Broncos and the Bolts but it was obvious SD got screwed.

No, SD didn't get screwed. They got slapped in the face by karma because the same shit happened when the Colts played them last year, Sessions intercepted Rivers and returned it for a TD but the play was whistled dead in at the spot of the INT.

Whisky Dog
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Nobody short of boxing judges can be considered as corrupt and inept as NBA refs and league officials. Nobody.

Whisky Dog
09-14-2008, 11:33 PM
the ball was fumbled out of his hand backwards, so even if it's a pass its a backwards pass, and a live ball. but hochuli rules it incomplete and spots the ball at the location of the fumble?!?!?!?!?

and this is supposed to be one of the top refs in the NFL

Fuck the NFL:bang when does the NBA preseason start

Saying fuck the NFL, when does NBA start because you're mad about bad calls is like saying "fuck this paper cut. When does my arm get cut off."

The NBA is the trash of the 3 big American sports pro leagues.

Sigz
09-14-2008, 11:37 PM
NFL > NBA..... sorry. I still love the Spurs though...

ducks
09-15-2008, 12:02 AM
nba is better then anything

Flight3107
09-15-2008, 12:09 AM
NFL is better then anything

Agreed

IronMexican
09-15-2008, 12:17 AM
NFL>NCAAF>NBA>MLB>>>NCAAB who gives a fuck after that?

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Hey you don't wanna get fucked by shitty calls at the end of games? Then don't dick around and let Jay Fucking Cutler manhandle you all game and give the Broncos a huge lead early.

Terrible calls happen all the time, not just to your shitty team with the incompetent ass coach, so deal with it you crybaby ass faggot Charger fans.

Chargers fans rival Mavs fans at whining about being screwed over and finding worthless ass excuses for why their team lost.

TheSanityAnnex
09-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Hey you don't wanna get fucked by shitty calls at the end of games? Then don't dick around and let Jay Fucking Cutler manhandle you all game and give the Broncos a huge lead early.

Terrible calls happen all the time, not just to your shitty team with the incompetent ass coach, so deal with it you crybaby ass faggot Charger fans.

Chargers fans rival Mavs fans at whining about being screwed over and finding worthless ass excuses for why their team lost.Hate the Chargers all you want, but saying this happens all the time is a joke. Find me another instance of "technical difficulties" resulting in the other team getting the ball back. Find me another instance of "it was a fumble, you should have won the game, but I blew my whistle, sorry Chargers, my mistake".
That shit doesn't happen, especially twice in one game to the same team. Thank God it is only week two.

vander
09-15-2008, 10:38 AM

Chargers fans rival Mavs fans at whining about being screwed over and finding worthless ass excuses for why their team lost.

I take it you didn't watch the game. or don't care much about a level playing field or the respectability of the game. this wasn't holding or pass interference, this was the referee taking the ball from one team and giving it to the other... twice and then admitting he screwed up and apologizing. this was easily one of the greatest officiating fiasco's of all time, any sport.

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 10:57 AM
I take it you didn't watch the game. or don't care much about a level playing field or the respectability of the game. this wasn't holding or pass interference, this was the referee taking the ball from one team and giving it to the other... twice and then admitting he screwed up and apologizing. this was easily one of the greatest officiating fiasco's of all time, any sport.

I take it you don't watch sports very much. Shitty calls happen all the time. Every team gets fucked by terrible refs from time to time. Quit crying and deal with it.

How about stopping the 2 point conversion? Do that and the terrible call means nothing. San Diego had plenty of opportunities to overcome the refs and they didn't. The refs didn't help but THE CHARGERS are responsible for losing the game.

The Franchise
09-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Screwup or not San Diego still had two more chances to stop the Broncos on the TD and two point conversion, but they didn't. They also didn't stop them from driving the length of the field to be in that position. My Broncos kicked the Chargers in the nuts and I wouldn't care if the refs Made 10 Bad calls, a win is a win. This isn't the first time a fumble has been called an incomplete pass. The situation is only magnified if it affects the outcome of the game like in this situation. Ask the Raiders about how Tom Brady got to his first Superbowl.

vander
09-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I take it you don't watch sports very much. Shitty calls happen all the time. Every team gets fucked by terrible refs from time to time. Quit crying and deal with it.

:lol

so your comprehension of officiating only goes so far as "bad call" or "not bad call" with no ability to distinguish scale, severity, or impact.

Evan
09-15-2008, 11:13 AM
reffing in the nfl is actually pretty good compared to other sports.

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 11:27 AM

so your comprehension of officiating only goes so far as "bad call" or "not bad call" with no ability to distinguish scale, severity, or impact.

so after around 125 total snaps taken in the game you're going to bitch about the refs screwing up badly on one? So what's the Chargers excuse for ther other 124 plays? Did the refs fuck them on every play? Did they have a chance to win even after being screwed or not?

Doesn't matter how bad the call was, the Chargers had an entire game to make sure they didn't get fucked by a bad call, and they didn't do that. It's THEIR OWN FUCKING FAULT THAT THEY LOST.

ATRAIN
09-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Im not a Chargers Fan and was pulling for Denver but thats a sucky way to lose even though Mono was right, they shouldnt have put themselves in that situation.

stretch
09-15-2008, 12:13 PM

Come on... those were two flat out horrendous calls that led to the Broncos getting 15 points. Even you can admit it. and the NFL and its calls are MUCH different than the NBA, since they have the ability to review and overturn stuff.

Chargers did have chances, but if those calls were correct, then the Chargers likely would have ended up beating the broncos quite solidly, possibly even blowing them out.

Fact is, if this was the Colts or Chargers getting those calls against the Patriots, you would go apeshit yourself, probably a hell of a lot worse than any of these Chargers fans here are.

Fabbs
09-15-2008, 02:10 PM
monoslob

vand3537,
Plays like the two against the Chargers make it pretty easy to seperate the numb nutted keyboard commando haters who have no interest in a fair outcome from those who like sports and like to see a fair game, irregarless of who wins.
So many non-Charger fans have weighed in that these two calls bogusness has not been seen (as SA and you posted) in years. These are not your typically blown real time judgement calls. Houchelik clearly waited until long after the fumble to blow Denvers dick, i mean his whistle.

So the one benefit i see is it clearly seperates the numb nutts from the sincere fans.

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
monoslob

vand3537,
Plays like the two against the Chargers make it pretty easy to seperate the numb nutted keyboard commando haters who have no interest in a fair outcome from those who like sports and like to see a fair game, irregarless of who wins.
So many non-Charger fans have weighed in that these two calls bogusness has not been seen (as SA and you posted) in years. These are not your typically blown real time judgement calls. Houchelik clearly waited until long after the fumble to blow Denvers dick, i mean his whistle.

So the one benefit i see is it clearly seperates the numb nutts from the sincere fans.

Do you wanna cry a little more about it, Simple Jack? Need a tissue?

Stop the 2 point conversion and the shitty call means nothing. San Diego still controlled their own destiny and blew it. The bad call helped Denver, but poor play by the Chargers helped them even more. It's that easy, Simple Jack, it's that easy.

Fabbs
09-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Come on... those were two flat out horrendous calls that led to the Broncos getting 15 points. Even you can admit it. and the NFL and its calls are MUCH different than the NBA, since they have the ability to review and overturn stuff.

Chargers did have chances, but if those calls were correct, then the Chargers likely would have ended up beating the broncos quite solidly, possibly even blowing them out.

Fact is, if this was the Colts or Chargers getting those calls against the Patriots, you would go apeshit yourself, probably a hell of a lot worse than any of these Chargers fans here are.
When you ask an intelligent adult NFL watcher when was the last time a call was so blatantly fixed/blown most all with say The Tuck Rule awarded the Patriots. :lol

Your monoTwunt types will chirp "RRRrrrrraaaa if Oakland was really better then Brady and the Pats they would have held him on the next play or blocked Venitaris tying field goal. Rrrrrrraaaa". :rollin

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 09:26 PM
When you ask an intelligent adult NFL watcher when was the last time a call was so blatantly fixed/blown most all with say The Tuck Rule awarded the Patriots. :lol

Your monoTwunt types will chirp "RRRrrrrraaaa if Oakland was really better then Brady and the Pats they would have held him on the next play or blocked Venitaris tying field goal. Rrrrrrraaaa". :rollin

Keep crying about it, Simple Jack. Your dumb fucking ass doesn't understand a very easy concept, that being that a NFL game is 60 minutes long, and ALL 60 MINUTES DECIDES A GAME, NOT JUST ONE PLAY.

TheSanityAnnex
09-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Keep crying about it, Simple Jack. Your dumb fucking ass doesn't understand a very easy concept, that being that a NFL game is 60 minutes long, and ALL 60 MINUTES DECIDES A GAME, NOT JUST ONE PLAY.When that one play takes the ball out of the hands of a team that is leading by a touchdown and can simply take a knee to kill the clock, that play does decide a game. Your blind hate for the Chargers makes you come off like a fucking retard.

And you've still yet to back your claim of "these plays happen all the time". As I asked before, find me a two egregious errors like the "technical difficulty exceeds 2 mins so we won't review it" call, and also find me a game ending inadvertent whistle such as Hochuli's.

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 09:37 PM
When that one play takes the ball out of the hands of a team that is leading by a touchdown and can simply take a knee to kill the clock, that play does decide a game. Your blind hate for the Chargers makes you come off like a fucking retard.

And you've still yet to back your claim of "these plays happen all the time". As I asked before, find me a two egregious errors like the "technical difficulty exceeds 2 mins so we won't review it" call, and also find me a game ending inadvertent whistle such as Hochuli's.

Did your team still have a chance to win after those calls or not? Did your team play a perfect game before either of those calls? Those are yes or no questions, by the way.

TheSanityAnnex
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
You seem more concerned with this call than I do, which amuses me quite a bit. You probably have more posts than I do about this subject as well, which is again amusing considering I'm a Chargers fan.

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Those are yes or no questions, by the way.

TheSanityAnnex
09-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Did your team still have a chance to win after those calls or not? Did your team play a perfect game before either of those calls? Those are yes or no questions, by the way.Your questions have no relevance to my argument considering that had the correct call been made in the first place, we would not even be discussing this.

Up until that call, they played well enough to win.

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Up until that call, they played well enough to win.

Then why didn't they win?

Oh yeah, they gave up the 2 point conversion. That's why they didn't win.

TheSanityAnnex
09-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Funny that you ask me to answer questions of yours when you can't even back your own claims up. You don't back shit up, you defend your own team's cheating, you melt down after the Super Bowl and tell people to kill themselves, and now you argue that it was the Charger's fault, not Hochuli's for the loss on Sunday. I'm not sure how anyone on this NFL board even takes you seriously.

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Don't get mad at me because your defense can't nut up to stop one measly 2 point conversion.

TheSanityAnnex
09-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Then why didn't they win?

Simple.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/hochblog.jpg

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Simple.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/hochblog.jpg

Was he the guy who signaled that the 2 point conversion was successful?

Sigz
09-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Go Broncos!

stretch
09-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Don't get mad at me because your defense can't nut up to stop one measly 2 point conversion.

just like your defense couldnt stop a POS reciever from making the biggest play in NFL history, nor could 2 or 3 guys pull down little Eli Manning when they pretty much had him sacked. but no, instead you whine about a "hold". or blaming the loss in the playoffs to the Broncos on a "bad" PI call against Samuel and the refs not having conclusive evidence to overturn a fumble by Bailey into a touchback.

fact is, when the call doesnt go against your own team, its easy to say "they could have made other plays". when it is against your own team, you are going to be pissed as hell. thats the fact for anyone.

monosylab1k
09-16-2008, 08:30 AM
fact is, when the call doesnt go against your own team, its easy to say "they could have made other plays". when it is against your own team, you are going to be pissed as hell. thats the fact for anyone.

so what the fuck is your point?

stretch
09-16-2008, 08:42 AM
so what the fuck is your point?

that bad calls DO make a difference.

monosylab1k
09-16-2008, 08:45 AM
that bad calls DO make a difference.

they don't decide games.

stretch
09-16-2008, 08:46 AM
they don't decide games.

they apparently do if they are against the patriots :rolleyes

J.T.
09-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Chargersfan should quit whining about that play because they could have just, you know, stopped the two point conversion, which isn't all that hard to do because if 2pt conversions were easy no team would kick PATs.

Or just scored more points earlier in the game...

ducks
09-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Chargersfan should quit whining about that play because they could have just, you know, stopped the two point conversion, which isn't all that hard to do because if 2pt conversions were easy no team would kick PATs.

Or just scored more points earlier in the game...

so easy to do why the hell did denver not stop the chargers 2 point conversion

johnsmith
09-16-2008, 09:48 AM
so easy to do why the hell did denver not stop the chargers 2 point conversion

lol, chargers

vander
09-16-2008, 10:44 AM
well, Hoch got "marked down" and the NFL is going to look into the whistle rule this off season. and as long as they incorporate a backup replay system, thats about as much as could have been done in the aftermath of the disaster in Denver. I am appeased.

dirk4mvp
09-16-2008, 11:13 AM
lol, chargers

lmfao, chargers

The Reckoning
09-16-2008, 02:40 PM
reffing is not an easy job. walt coleman guest-spoke for one of our alumni association banquets in the spring. he said that the first game he'd reffed was a junior high game in which he blew almost ever call. after the game, the losing head coach tucked a note into his shirt pocket. upon inspection, the note was an excerpt from Matthew 27

When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. 4"I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood."
"What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility."
5So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

Before coleman's very first NFL game, he was approached by the chicago bears owner, who asked how his wife and two daughters were (by name) and how they were enjoying the move from arkansas -- the two had never met before. the owner then gave him a stale glare and a death-lock handshake.
coleman also said that he has to park in a special lot so he won't get mobbed, and several times he's hit in the head with a bottle upon exiting the stadium.

TheSanityAnnex
09-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Or just scored more points earlier in the game...This is CLASSIC coming from you. Did you not start a thread whining about the officiating during the Colts/Vikings game........even though the Colts won on a questionable call in their favor. Get the fuck out of here with your hypocritical bullshit.

The Franchise
09-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Go Broncos!
:toast