PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Monday Night Moments at Texas Stadium

Chris
09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=639E303A-F619-0B73-FCB29AA0564A94E3

5. 1985 - Cowboys 44, Redskins 14
The Cowboys sent quite a message to the NFC East and the rest of the league by demolishing the Redskins on the first week of the season. Washington had seven turnovers, including five interceptions tossed by birthday-boy Joe Theismann. The Cowboys turned two of those picks into touchdowns by Dennis Thurman and Victor Scott in the fourth quarter. The night got capped off by the Texas Stadium crowd singing "Happy Birthday" to Theismann after he threw his fifth pick. The Cowboys went on to win the division with a 10-6 record.

WINNER

IronMexican
09-14-2008, 09:50 PM
8. 2005 - Redskins 14, Cowboys 13
For the better part of three hours, it was looking like a perfect night for the Cowboys. Not only did they honor three of the greatest players in club history at halftime, but they were clearly dominating the hated Redskins 13-0. Cowboys fans were still reflecting on the halftime ceremony that inducted Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin into Texas Stadium's Ring of Honor . . . and then it happened. With less than five minutes to play, the Redskins finally woke up. All it took was a pair of Mark Brunell to Santana Moss bombs of 39 and 70 yards to stun the Cowboys and the once-electrified crowd, too. Just like that, the Redskins shocked the Cowboys with a 14-13 win.

Winner. That game was crazy.

samikeyp
09-14-2008, 10:10 PM
3. 1997 - Cowboys 21, Eagles 20
Who says there isn't any luck in football? The Cowboys were downright lucky to beat the Eagles in this Monday night thriller. Trailing 17-6 at halftime, the Cowboys had rallied to take the lead on a Troy Aikman touchdown pass to Anthony Miller late in the fourth quarter. However, the Eagles marched down the field in the final minute and had a chip-shot field goal for the win. But a funny thing happened between the snap and the kick. Eagles punter and holder Tommy Hutton just dropped the snap. (We've seen that before, right?) Hutton picked it up and tried to throw a pass but was tackled, preserving the dramatic win for Barry Switzer and the Cowboys.

Winner...that was hilarious!

jack sommerset
09-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Drama off the feild that played on to the feild.Packers beat Raiders the day after Favre's dad died of a heart attack. They did not evn think he would play. It was inspirational.

opps didnt read thread title all the way!!!!!! Sorry

Sean Cagney
09-15-2008, 01:16 AM
For the better part of three hours, it was looking like a perfect night for the Cowboys. Not only did they honor three of the greatest players in club history at halftime, but they were clearly dominating the hated Redskins 13-0. Cowboys fans were still reflecting on the halftime ceremony that inducted Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin into Texas Stadium's Ring of Honor . . . and then it happened. With less than five minutes to play, the Redskins finally woke up. All it took was a pair of Mark Brunell to Santana Moss bombs of 39 and 70 yards to stun the Cowboys and the once-electrified crowd, too. Just like that, the Redskins shocked the Cowboys with a 14-13 win.

I remember this one well!!!! Sorry Boys fans but that one was just crazy, a flat out classic game.

K-State Spur
09-15-2008, 12:56 PM

I remember this one well!!!! Sorry Boys fans but that one was just crazy, a flat out classic game.

Some people are comparing Campbell's pass to Moss yesterday to the Miracle in Dallas...and I just couldn't disagree more.

Yesterday the Redskins were moving the ball almost at will, they were just struggling to punch it in. Even then, if not for some terrible special teams plays, they are comfortably ahead. But you had the feeling that the deep ball was going to be there if they could just take advantage of it.

But that night in Dallas - there was absolutely NOTHING that would indicate the Redskin offense was capable of doing anything before Brunell hit Moss for the first TD on fourth down. I was begging Gibbs to go to Ramsey, because it was quite obvious to everybody in the audience that Brunell was incapable of getting that team into the end zone...OOPS!

21+20+9=50
09-15-2008, 02:21 PM
When the redskins came back against dallas in 2005, Mark Brunell and Santana Moss went wild in the last 4 minutes and that was the DOWN FALL of Roy Williams career...

K-State Spur
09-15-2008, 06:20 PM
When the redskins came back against dallas in 2005, Mark Brunell and Santana Moss went wild in the last 4 minutes and that was the DOWN FALL of Roy Williams career...

It was somewhat noticeable that coverage wasn't really his strength at OU - he just made so many highlight tackles & sacks that nobody was paying attention.

samikeyp
09-15-2008, 11:29 PM
We just may have seen the winner tonight. Hell of a game.

Horry For 3!
09-15-2008, 11:56 PM

I was about to say tonight could be #1.

ducks
09-16-2008, 12:03 AM

no d at all from both teams

samikeyp
09-16-2008, 12:04 AM
no d at all from both teams

Yeah and?

Still a hell of a game.

ducks
09-16-2008, 12:08 AM
I like the throw by romo when he missed his target late by 10 feet and could have sealed the w and kepted him on the field

samikeyp
09-16-2008, 12:09 AM
I liked the final score.

bostonguy
09-16-2008, 01:03 AM
The game that was the beginning of the end for Dave Campo was one bad moment im sure cowboy fans wont forget. Up 3, 4th and 1, at san frans 30 something yard line, late in the 4th with a 1st down securing the victory and Campo chooses to kick the fg in which they miss. The 49ers drove down the field and I believe it was Owens who caught the game winning td in the final seconds to give San Fran the W.

DBryant88
09-16-2008, 06:18 AM
i think last night was the best Moinday night moment at texas stadium

J.T.
09-16-2008, 08:35 AM
I liked that Barber got 2 TDs so I won fantasy in one league and tied in another. :tu