PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: News conference to address Artest suspension?

ducks
02-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Pacers: News conference to address Artest suspension?

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, February 10, 2005

News
The Indianapolis Star is reporting that the Pacers have scheduled a news conference this afternoon with CEO Donnie Walsh, forwards Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal, and Stephen Jackson.

Views
In leagues that have a category for volatile tempers, Artest clearly is the number one overall pick. Nevertheless, he was averaging 24.6 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 1.71 steals per game at the time of the Motown showdown and should he be cleared to play he would become an immediate fantasy starter.

ducks
02-10-2005, 12:07 PM
POOH posted this in the nba forum

Jorge Sedano on Fox Sports Radio just reported that Stern is now seriously "considering" bringing back the Pacers Ron Artest.

Sedano was the first to break the story that Artest was to be allowed back to practice with the team last month, so this looks like a great sign for Pacers fans come the Spring and hopefully come May and June.

Go Pacers!

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 12:09 PM
I thought this news conference was an apology announcement to their fans and something about some charity.

SPARKY
02-10-2005, 12:27 PM
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The Indiana Pacers today announced an apology to all of their fans for the stupidity of their players. This comes on the heels of an announcement last week that the Pacers had terminated their consulting contract with Ghost Writer...

Rummpd
02-10-2005, 02:01 PM
File this one as a yawn!

ducks
02-10-2005, 02:12 PM
File this one as a yawn!

yes master

pooh
02-10-2005, 07:15 PM
The Indiana Pacers announced Thursday a pledge of $2.4 million to 11 local charitable organizations that emphasize helping youth.

The money was derived from fines levied against five suspended Pacers players from the Nov. 19 game with the Detroit Pistons in Auburn Hills, Mich. Those players were suspended with their salary from games missed serving as fines. Those fines are sent to the National Basketball Association, which in turn donates the money to charity. In this case, the NBA allowed a percentage to come back to the Pacers to give to local charities. In addition, the Pacers voluntarily made a contribution for the final figure.

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 07:16 PM
I knew this was a charity thing.

Ron is still rotting on the sidelines.

T Park
02-10-2005, 07:18 PM
If only Ron Artest really believed in it.

Jackson and O'Neal may.

Although Ive lost a huge amount of respect for Stephen Jackson this season.

pooh
02-10-2005, 07:19 PM
I knew this was a charity thing.

Ron is still rotting on the sidelines.

It's nice that they are trying to put what happened behind them.

Ron probably won't be "rotting on the sidelines" too much longer, he'll be on the court hopefully in about a month or so.

T Park
02-10-2005, 07:29 PM
I doubt it, seeing as Stern just the other day on ESPN said he "felt the suspension was right, and that letting up would be a bad precedent"

So as much as you want a jackass like Ron Artest to play, wich, IMO, is sickening, he probobly wont.