PDA

View Full Version : Richard Wright dead: 65

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2008, 11:51 AM
:depressed

Pink Floyd member Wright dies at 65

38 minutes ago
Richard Wright, a founder member of Pink Floyd, has died at the age of 65 after battling cancer, his spokesman said.
Wright played the keyboard with the legendary band and wrote music in classic albums such as Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here.
His spokesman said: "The family of Richard Wright, founder member of Pink Floyd, announce with great sadness, that Richard died ... after a short struggle with cancer. The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."
Wright's spokesman did not say from what form of cancer the star had been suffering.
The self-taught keyboardist and pianist met fellow band members Roger Waters and Nick Mason while at architecture school.
He was a founder member of The Pink Floyd Sound in 1965, and the group's previous incarnations, such as Sigma 6.

fatsack
09-15-2008, 11:54 AM
that's a shame.

The Franchise
09-15-2008, 11:57 AM
This is sort of depressing.

JerrySeinfeld
09-15-2008, 12:42 PM
that's a shame.

ditto.

The Reckoning
09-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Wright gave us the screaming orgasm on Dark Side of the Moon...I will never forget that man

tlongII
09-15-2008, 12:44 PM
That sucks. Floyd is one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

spurschick
09-15-2008, 12:59 PM
An extremely sad day. :depressed I feel blessed to have seen Pink Floyd when they played in the Alamodome - truly one of the best shows.

duncan228
09-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Incredible band, they took us places not many dared to go. He will be missed.

Big P
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I am glad I got to see them in 1994...I was hoping for some sort of reunion tour next year, there were some rumors going around about the possibility...this is a real bummer
& he will be remembered as one of the all time greats...off to the Great Gig in the Sky

Spurs Brazil
09-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Pink Floyd is great

RIP

JudynTX
09-15-2008, 03:26 PM
:depressed

Pink Floyd member Wright dies at 65

38 minutes ago
Richard Wright, a founder member of Pink Floyd, has died at the age of 65 after battling cancer, his spokesman said.
Wright played the keyboard with the legendary band and wrote music in classic albums such as Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here.
His spokesman said: "The family of Richard Wright, founder member of Pink Floyd, announce with great sadness, that Richard died ... after a short struggle with cancer. The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."
Wright's spokesman did not say from what form of cancer the star had been suffering.
The self-taught keyboardist and pianist met fellow band members Roger Waters and Nick Mason while at architecture school.
He was a founder member of The Pink Floyd Sound in 1965, and the group's previous incarnations, such as Sigma 6.

:depressed RIP

I've never seen Pink Floyd in concert. :bang

phyzik
09-15-2008, 03:45 PM
You will be missed....

d78K4rCEfAo

JoeChalupa
09-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Sad. R.I.P.

Dex
09-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Wow, truly saddening news. I was pretty much raised on Pink Floyd, and personally believe Dark Side to be the greatest album ever composed. In its entirety, there is just no other album quite like it, and it absolutely could not be what it is without the synthesizer and keyboard work of this man. He may not have been a prolific songwriter, but he was still a vital part of the ethereal experience that was Pink Floyd.

It was a long battle for him, and he will be sorely missed by the millions of people who have taken the time to listen and understand.

Here's to you, Mr. Wright. May you rest in peace, and find your place in the great gig in the sky.

yb5ZjmpmMbg