PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Fire Ned Yost

Flight3107
09-15-2008, 02:11 PM
:lol

JMarkJohns
09-15-2008, 02:42 PM
They've played like crap. They have good health, have added good talent to a quality core of last year and have, of late, failed. Doing it now is surprising, but if the team rallies and makes the playoffs, they are as good as anyone, talent-wise.

IronMexican
09-15-2008, 02:44 PM
:lol wow, this was unexpected. but that can happen when you are in a serious melt down.

Reggie Miller
09-15-2008, 08:28 PM
They've played like crap. They have good health, have added good talent to a quality core of last year and have, of late, failed. Doing it now is surprising, but if the team rallies and makes the playoffs, they are as good as anyone, talent-wise.

It makes a lot of sense to me.

1. If Yost isn't the worst manager in MLB, it's only because Dusty Baker still has a job. Yost actually costs the team wins, IMHO. He has no clue as to how to manage a pitching staff, for example. He is the kind of dumbass you can't afford to have in your dug-out if you are going to develop and play young talent.

2. This is it for the Brewers. They have no chance of re-signing Sheets or Sabathia.

3. Yost is not the answer for this year, and he sure as HELL isn't the answer for rebuilding while staying competitive.

4. It would be much harder to fire Yost later if this team makes the postseason.

jack sommerset
09-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Brewers have this year alone to do anything in the playoffs. Thats IT. Thats a message sent to the team. I love it but I think it may be to late.

Reggie Miller
09-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Brewers have this year alone to do anything in the playoffs. Thats IT. Thats a message sent to the team. I love it but I think it may be to late.

Yeah, that has a lot to do with it, but I still think spineless Bud wouldn't want to fire Yost for 2009 after making the postseason for the second time ever.

(By the way, I realize that Selig supposedly doesn't own the team anymore. Whatever.)