PDA

View Full Version : McCain Campaign: Tina Fey's Portrayal of Palin Was Sexist

Mr. Peabody
09-15-2008, 04:22 PM
No, this isn't from The Onion. This is real. This is how absurd the charges of sexism have become. I am starting to think that the GOP has no idea what "sexist" or "sexism" means.....

Link (http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2008/09/15/fiorina-tina-fey-sexist/)

John McCain adviser Carly Fiorina called comedian Tina Fey "sexist" and "disrespectful" Monday in response to Fey's impression of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) on Saturday Night Live.

Asked what she thought of Fey's impression on MSNBC, Fiorina conceded only that "well, I think that she looked a bit like her."

"I think that, of course, the portrait was very dismissive of the substance of Sarah Palin, and so in that sense, they were defining Hillary Clinton as very substantive, and Sarah Palin as totally superficial," Fiorina said.

"I think that continues the line of argument that is disrespectful in the extreme, and yes, I would say, sexist in the sense that just because Sarah Palin has different views than Hillary Clinton does not mean that she lacks substance. She has a lot of substance."

MITCHELL: You are the first person from the McCain campaign I can ask, what did you think of Tina Fey as Sarah Palin?

FIORINA: Well, I think that she looked a bit like her. I think that, of course, the portrait was very dismissive of the substance of Sarah Palin, and so in that sense, they were defining Hillary Clinton as very substantive, and Sarah Palin as totally superficial. I think that continues the line of argument that is disrespectful in the extreme, and yes, I would say, sexist in the sense that just because Sarah Palin has different views than Hillary Clinton does not mean that she lacks substance. She has a lot of substance.
:lmao

I don't think Carly Fiorina would know sexism if it came up to her, grabbed her ass, and then paid her seventy-seven cents on the dollar for the pleasure of doing so....

fyatuk
09-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Just looking at the comment from Fiorina, either they have no idea what sexist means, or they think Hilary's a man.

florige
09-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Is that the best they can come up with? Wow they are really reaching on that one.....:lol

johnsmith
Good God.........It was Saturday Night Live, they make fun of politicians, it's what they do.

Lighten up America.

Biernutz
I think Carly should have laughed it off or said she looks forward to the next Obama skit. ---I think Tina was funny but not as hot as Sara.

johnsmith
09-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Although it goes both ways. Many libs I've spoken with treat the Daily Show as an actual source of news.

SpursFanFirst
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
It's not just sexism.
In general, Americans (perhaps the world. I don't have that experience)have become too sensitive on a lot of issues.
People are expected to be so politically correct now that that no one ever really speaks their mind.

Anti.Hero
Wow just STFU mccain camp and do work.

florige
I think Carly should have laughed it off or said she looks forward to the next Obama skit. ---I think Tina was funny but not as hot as Sara.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing an Obama skit as well.
Actually Mad tv had one with him Sat. He was blabbering on about "Change". It was pretty funny.:lol

Findog
Although it goes both ways. Many libs I've spoken with treat the Daily Show as an actual source of news.

You say that like it's an insult:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/18/stewart-colbert-oreilly-dobbs/

johnsmith
09-15-2008, 04:43 PM
You say that like it's an insult:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/18/stewart-colbert-oreilly-dobbs/

Did you read that entire article and the links associated with it? Hannity has a higher rating then all four of those shows.

But the poll was fucking dumb in the first place. It asked regular viewers a whopping three questions, and the best part is that you are bragging about 35% of the people getting all three right.

It's pathetic that we've reached a point in which 35% is something to brag about.

JoeChalupa
09-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Tina Fey is HOT!

johnsmith
09-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Tina Fey is HOT!

Agreed.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Tina Fey is HOT!
up until she opens her mouth.

Findog
09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Is the GOP still flogging that corpse? Forget about the lipstick. The second part of Obama’s carefully chosen words were about a fish wrapped in paper that still stinks. You know what that means????? Obama said her pussy stinks! WTF John McCain!???!!! You need to get on that!!!!!

Yonivore
09-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Just looking at the comment from Fiorina, either they have no idea what sexist means, or they think Hilary's a man.
I don't care who you are, that, right there, is funny! :lmao

So was the SNL skit. Fey had Palin down pat. Good job!

shelshor
09-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing an Obama skit as well.
Actually Mad tv had one with him Sat. He was blabbering on about "Change". It was pretty funny.:lol

An eerie foreshadowing of things to come:
20 + years ago on NBCs Cheers, Woody, the peckerwood bartender, got a wild hair and decided to run for city council
When one of the other regulars ponted out that Woody didn't know anything about running a political campaign, his response was was that he would just pick his best picture, blow it up into a poster, put his name and the word "CHANGE" on it
When it was pointed out that he didn't know anything about politics, his response was that anytime a reporter asked a question, or a TV camera was on him, he would say one word: "CHANGE"

lurker
09-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Sarah actually thought it was funny. She's sexist!

KenMcCoy
09-15-2008, 07:29 PM
I loved it!! Can't wait for four more years of Tina Fey / Sarah Palin impressions!!

Yonivore
09-15-2008, 07:34 PM
I loved it!! Can't wait for four more years of Tina Fey / Sarah Palin impressions!!
That's the spirit.

Supergirl
09-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Guys, this should seal the deal for anyone still thinking they're voting for McSame. We need a president with a fucking sense of humor, because in dark times, that's often all you got.

Here's a president with a sense of humor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWlpvOPKXc

ploto
09-15-2008, 09:29 PM
How can a skit that she says defines Hillary as substantive then be called sexist?

florige
09-15-2008, 10:08 PM

Nah, SNL best bet now is to start looking for someone to play Obama/Biden.

td4mvp21
09-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Nah, SNL best bet now is to start looking for someone to play Obama/Biden.

Armisen/Hammond, there you go.

efrem1
09-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Let Tina played Sarah. The portrayal was a non-issue. Next topic please.

whottt
09-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Palin's better looking than Fey is though...by a longshot.

George Gervin's Afro
09-16-2008, 09:35 AM

I know! Stupid LiBS.

Sincerely,

The Talk Radio crowd

101A
09-16-2008, 09:41 AM
THIS thread y'all want to post in.

Issues my ass.

PixelPusher
09-16-2008, 10:03 AM
THIS thread y'all want to post in.

Issues my ass.

We didn't nominate Sarah Palin.

johnsmith
09-16-2008, 10:18 AM
I know! Stupid LiBS.

Sincerely,

The Talk Radio crowd

Like I said, goes both ways.

JoeChalupa
09-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Fey is much hotter than Palin.

Wild Cobra
09-16-2008, 02:00 PM
First of all, we know that Tina Fey will be voting for the McCain ticket, so she has a certain job for four years.

What's the point of this thread? It's a comedy show. I have this vision of Sarah Palin sitting and watching the show and laughing her ass off! Unlike liberals, conservatives can have a laugh over jokes about themselves. It has to do with being comforatble with who we are.

manufor3
09-16-2008, 03:57 PM
It's not just sexism.
In general, Americans (perhaps the world. I don't have that experience)have become too sensitive on a lot of issues.
People are expected to be so politically correct now that that no one ever really speaks their mind.

+1

Oh, Gee!!
09-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Unlike liberals, conservatives can have a laugh over jokes about themselves.

Carly Fiorina sure can't.

Wild Cobra
09-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Carly Fiorina sure can't.

OK, first of all, a highered gun isn't necessarily liberal or conservative. However, lets assume she is conservative. You actually cought me is a mistatement anyway. I should have said:

Unlike liberals, conservatives can generally have a laugh over jokes about themselves.

CubanMustGo
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Carly Fiorina.

Drug Lucent into the ground. Left and drug HP into the ground, got canned and took her golden parachute. Then claimed sexism was why she failed (go read her book).

Why McCain ever let this idiot speak on his behalf is beyond me. She was on Face the Nation with some Democrat this weekend and went into a spiel about how Americans are concerned about jobs being offshored and that was why they would vote for McCain. Carly herself sent tens of thousands of HP jobs to India and similar places and said the following to justify the move: "No American has a God-given right to a job." Just google it, it's everywhere.

Maybe she reads McCain's e-mail for him, but you won't find too many tech workers excited that CF is part of McCain's campaign.

whottt
09-16-2008, 11:32 PM
NO WAY! Whottt have you been smoking? Palin's got the body of a mother of 3 (which is a compliment since she's got 5 kids)

I didn't say she had a better body...I said she was better looking. I've never seen Palin's body. Fey definitely has a great body though :tu

But let's how she's doing at 44.