PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Palin Just Can't Stop Lying.....

Mr. Peabody
09-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Even Rupert Murdoch rags are calling her out.

Palin Tells Debunked Teleprompter Tale
Elizabeth Williamson reports on the presidential campaign from Canton, Ohio.

“Country Club First” read a lonely protestor’s sign, lampooning the McCain campaign’s Country First mantra, as the Sarah Palin motorcade swung past. On Monday afternoon Gov. Palin and her entourage tooled through neighborhoods still without power in storm-stricken Stark County, Ohio, where she attended a fundraiser at the Brookside Country Club.

The governor’s first “funder” raised just under $1 million. Gov. Palin raised questions among the traveling press — confined under police guard for most of her three-hour visit inside a club boardroom — by telling her patrons the Tricky Tale of the Teleprompter Triumph.

As recorded by a reporter allowed to observe the 35-minute fundraiser appearance, this was the first time Gov. Palin herself relayed the story of how a fouled-up teleprompter forced her to ad-lib big swaths of her acclaimed acceptance speech at the Republican Convention Sept. 3.

But that story has been largely debunked. Reporters who saw the equipment that night say –and the party has not denied — that any teleprompter issue was minor at most. In the days after the event it was touted — on a hush-hush, off the record basis — by top Republicans as a way to show how swift-thinking is their newest star, despite her avoidance of any and all unscripted moments on the trail.

Gov. Palin’s telling was a Canton crowd-pleaser: “There Ohio was right out in front, right in front of me. The teleprompter got messed up, I couldn’t follow it, and I just decided I’d just talk to the people in front of me,” she said. “It was Ohio.”

Like the Alaska jet put on eBay and her pit-bull opposition to pork like the Bridge to Nowhere, the T.T. of the T.T. is great theater, but not quite, not entirely, true.

2centsworth
09-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Even Rupert Murdoch rags are calling her out.

Come on Mr. Peabody you're an honest guy. She did list the Jet on Ebay, she did oppose the bridge to nowhere, and this teleprompter thing is petty.

Bartleby
09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
she did oppose the bridge to nowhere

After it was clear they weren't going to get it and after it had become an infamous example of pork barrel spending.

Mr. Peabody
09-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Come on Mr. Peabody you're an honest guy. She did list the Jet on Ebay, she did oppose the bridge to nowhere, and this teleprompter thing is petty.

I'm not denying the jet on Ebay or the eventual opposition on the bridge to nowhere, but why insist on repeating a story that has already been debunked? Maybe it is petty, but it makes it seem as if she's starting to believe her own hype.

2centsworth
09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
After it was clear they weren't going to get it and after it had become an infamous example of pork barrel spending.

“The fact is that Sarah Palin is one of the few governors that actually got religion on this and said, ‘Hey, this is stupid. This is killing us,'" said Coburn. “Here’s the point to take away: The ‘Bridge to Nowhere’ in Alaska got killed because of Sarah Palin.”

TheMadHatter
09-15-2008, 10:38 PM
COBURN!!!

She supported the Bridge to Nowhere until it was clear it was going to go absolutely nowhere in Congress. Then she opposed it, but she still kept the money. Stop defending the indefensible.

Ocotillo
09-16-2008, 07:32 AM
“The fact is that Sarah Palin is one of the few governors that actually got religion on this and said, ‘Hey, this is stupid. This is killing us,'" said Coburn. “Here’s the point to take away: The ‘Bridge to Nowhere’ in Alaska got killed because of Sarah Palin.”

:rolleyes

She is pathological in her lying. Her first exposure to the lower 48 and she came out lying and keeps lying even when proved wrong.

She may want to post the 10 commandmants in her office, it seems like they have one about bearing false witness that she may want to heed.

Ocotillo
09-16-2008, 07:37 AM
It's part and parcel of the McCain campaign. For whatever reason they have decided to lie their collective asses off. I am not sure if it is to distract from the real issues and motivate the base that they are being victimized by the press or what. It's working on folks like 2 cents here.

Anyway, I recall in one of the Republican debates where on stage McCain flat out lied about Romney regarding his stance on Iraq. Romney got POed and called him on it. McCain looked straight into the the camera avoiding Romney's eyes and repeated the lie again.

That, my friends, is some dishonesty you can believe in.

TheMadHatter
09-16-2008, 08:17 AM
It's kind of alarming that a guy who's been through what McCain has been through can sit there and run a campaign like this.

Spurminator
09-16-2008, 09:17 AM
I would like to think the only people who care whether Palin is actually able to ad-lib a speech due to a faulty teleprompter are those who are already firmly in the McCain-Palin camp. I simply have a hard time imagining someone saying, "Did you SEE how she gave parts of that speech without reading it off a screen? That was GREAT! I was once undecided, but now I know that THIS is who I want to be my Vice President."

Anti.Hero
09-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Once again,

How convenient to have no history/past performance to critique while the MSM also ignores past affiliations/lies.

Findog
09-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Let's pretend for a second that that actually happened and the teleprompter did break and she had to ad-lib it. So fucking what? So she read off at teleprompter without incident - don't think I ever read any Chuck Norris facts that involved teleprompters. Stop patting yourself on the back, bitch.

baseline bum
09-16-2008, 11:37 AM
McCain's a crook. I've yet to see one conservative here defend his role in trying to sweep the Keating savings and loan scandal under the rug after his close friend Charles Keating robbed us taxpayers of $3 billion.

VaSpursFan
09-16-2008, 11:37 AM
If Palin wants a cookie for ad libbing while the teleprompter "supposedly" went kaput, then she should give her next speech with no notes or teleprompter. that would easily show her badassness....LOL

Wild Cobra
09-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm not denying the jet on Ebay or the eventual opposition on the bridge to nowhere, but why insist on repeating a story that has already been debunked? Maybe it is petty, but it makes it seem as if she's starting to believe her own hype.

How do you figure?

The teleprompter did mess up, at least for timing. Any such event messes up the cadence of the speaker. It may be minor in one person's opinion, but major to her if she isn't used to using one anyway.

I didn't see any story that disproved the teleprompter issue. Have something past a single person's opinion?

How may people were standing behind her, or in view of the teleprompter host screen?

Word against word. Who do you trust? Are you letting bias cloud your opinion?

And YES I am. She has already proved herself to have integrity beyond almost all other politicians. I'll believe her over a democrat pundit any day.

Wild Cobra
09-16-2008, 01:13 PM
If Palin wants a cookie for ad libbing while the teleprompter "supposedly" went kaput, then she should give her next speech with no notes or teleprompter. that would easily show her badassness....LOL
She doesn't deserve a cookie, but she doesn't deserve criticism over the incident either. Have to admit, she can speak well in public.