PDA

View Full Version : More Josh Howard Crap

Pages : [1] 2

monosylab1k
09-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Apparently the Star Spangled Banner is a holiday because he doesn't celebrate it. This is definitely the least significant of his off-court BS this offseason, but dammit can he just shut the hell up and get ready for the season?

http://deadspin.com/5050396/the-national-anthem-josh-howard-doesnt-celebrate-that-s

Hemotivo
09-16-2008, 09:53 AM
hi mom :lmao

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Pretty shameful display by all the dumb fucks who couldn't shut off the fucking camera and act like human beings long enough for the national anthem to play. Josh Howard is a dumbass, but not the biggest dumbass captured in that particular video IMO.

Sissiborgo
09-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Josh Howard is a big time looser....

koriwhat
09-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Pretty shameful display by all the dumb fucks who couldn't shut off the fucking camera and act like human beings long enough for the national anthem to play. Josh Howard is a dumbass, but not the biggest dumbass captured in that particular video IMO.

i hate the national anthem... so boring to sit through and even more painful to hear all them shitty singers try to add their own little style to it. boring!

ps: act like human beings? i think jHO was acting like a human being just like the rest of those humans. haha.

Many PackYao
09-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I always thought he looked like a horse.After all that is the Mavs logo.:lol

Findog
09-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Why the fuck do we have to sing the national anthem before sporting events? It's like Triumph of the Will. I'm with Josh on this one, I always keep my ass sitting down when they play it.

koriwhat
09-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Why the fuck do we have to sing the national anthem before sporting events?

because sporting events show your true patriotism for this country... haha bs!

shelshor
09-16-2008, 11:56 AM

I always thought they were twins, separated at birth:
http://www.jollydwarf.com/

Tully365
09-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Josh Howard seems to be getting dumber by the day.

I can see why he doesn't "celebrate dat shit." After all, what has living in the US done for him, other than let him get paid millions of dollars to play a game, live in a mansion, drive crazy expensive cars, have access to the best medical care for him and his family and loved ones and be financially secure for the rest of his life. To truly protest dat shit, he should just donate all his dirty US riches to people who try to make good decisions in their lives, who don't say "know wha I'm saying" and "nigga" 5,000 times a day, and move his dumb ass to Haiti or Somalia, where he'll be able to keep it real, yo.

monosylab1k
09-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Why the fuck do we have to sing the national anthem before sporting events? It's like Triumph of the Will. I'm with Josh on this one, I always keep my ass sitting down when they play it.

Yeah I don't care what his beliefs are, and there's no point in the national anthem being played before games. But considering everything that's already happened this offseason, could he not keep his effing trap shut? And what the hell is he doing playing in a football game? Trying to blow out a knee before the basketball season starts?

The guy is an idiot, a cancer, and he's going to be the ruin of this season yet again. I can't believe he's turned into this arrogant prima donna.

Tully365
09-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Think about how proud the people who run Wake Forest must be every time they see an interview or article about Tim Duncan.... and how embarrassed whenever the topic of Josh Howard comes up.

Walton Buys Off Me
09-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Sadly, and as dumb as Howard is he's not the only one disrespecting the National anthem by acting like an eight year-old in this video. I'm Canadian so I could really care less but when you have troops risking their lives so you can make 7 million a year to play basketball without having your horse teeth blown out, you should shut up and show a little class.

Conclusion: Where are the droves of idiots that were advocating Howard in a Spurs uniform all last year?

Findog
09-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah I don't care what his beliefs are, and there's no point in the national anthem being played before games. But considering everything that's already happened this offseason, could he not keep his effing trap shut? And what the hell is he doing playing in a football game? Trying to blow out a knee before the basketball season starts?

The guy is an idiot, a cancer, and he's going to be the ruin of this season yet again. I can't believe he's turned into this arrogant prima donna.

Well, that video was shot before the drag-racing thing and is just now turning up on online.

dirk4mvp
09-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Think about how proud the people who run Wake Forest must be every time they see an interview or article about Tim Duncan.... and how embarrassed whenever the topic of Josh Howard comes up.

I doubt they give a shit.

Gino
09-16-2008, 02:34 PM

Any respect I might have had for u is now gone.

Youre a fucking douche-bag and not worth the sweat of one of our soldiers balls. You obviously have father issues since no one with a decent father would ever teach their son that it is anyway okay to sit during the national anthem.

I guess youre "too cool" to show respect, but you better pray youre not "sitting" next to me some day.

Findog
09-16-2008, 03:19 PM

It's gonna be hard to sleep tonight.

Youre a fucking douche-bag and not worth the sweat of one of our soldiers balls. You obviously have father issues since no one with a decent father would ever teach their son that it is anyway okay to sit during the national anthem.

Didn't our soldiers fight for our "freedoms?" I think I'll exercise that freedom by not joining in with mindless nationalism.

I guess youre "too cool" to show respect, but you better pray youre not "sitting" next to me some day.

I'm soooooo scared! I've never stood up at the AAC or the Ballpark in Arlington (Cowboys games are too expensive), deep in the heart of red state Texas, and nobody has ever had the balls to say anything to me.

Findog
09-16-2008, 03:21 PM

What is embarrassing about Josh Howard? Yeah, he's a knucklehead, but he has a degree from Wake Forest just like Tim does, and he is a good guy off the court. Timmy likes the reefah just as much as Josh does.

Tully365
09-16-2008, 03:27 PM

You're going too far with this. Disagree with the guy and let him know your opinion-- just as he let you know his opinion. But threatening a person who doesn't stand is even worse. You may not like his reasoning, but he still has the right to behave as he sees fit. American freedom is not defined by you or any other single person in America, so you saying he is required to stand and insinuating that you'll kick his ass if he's sitting next to you is simply another example of anti-freedom.

monosylab1k
09-16-2008, 03:28 PM

Despite your patriotic assertions, your post is about as un-American as it gets. If you don't allow someone the freedom to sit during the national anthem, you're no better than the terrorists.

http://www.4co.us/Z/I/American_Flag_Bald_Eagle_Glory_Free_Spirit.jpg

Findog
09-16-2008, 03:30 PM
America! Fuck Yeah!

You better fucking stand!

Tully365
09-16-2008, 03:33 PM
What is embarrassing about Josh Howard? Yeah, he's a knucklehead, but he has a degree from Wake Forest just like Tim does, and he is a good guy off the court. Timmy likes the reefah just as much as Josh does.

It's not embarrassing to be a knucklehead?

Findog
09-16-2008, 03:34 PM
It's not embarrassing to be a knucklehead?

It doesn't make him a bad person, and it doesn't mean Wake Forest should be ashamed of him. Dude is a good guy and has made the All Star team, I'd say he's made WF proud.

Tully365
09-16-2008, 03:37 PM
It doesn't make him a bad person, and it doesn't mean Wake Forest should be ashamed of him. Dude is a good guy and has made the All Star team, I'd say he's made WF proud.

I didn't say he was a bad person. I said he was dumb.

Findog
09-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I didn't say he was a bad person. I said he was dumb.

Having watched him for 4 years now, I wouldn't call him dumb. Just immature at times.

Tully365
09-16-2008, 03:39 PM
OJ made the Pro Bowl a bunch of times... you think USC is proud? Accomplishment in sports is nice. It doesn't determine character or define success as a human being.

Findog
09-16-2008, 03:40 PM
OJ made the Pro Bowl a bunch of times... you think USC is proud? Accomplishment in sports is nice. It doesn't determine character or define success as a human being.

Whoa, you just Godwined this thread. But if you want to go there, Josh is much more of a credit to WF than OJ is to USC.

Tully365
09-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Whoa, you just Godwined this thread. But if you want to go there, Josh is much more of a credit to WF than OJ is to USC.

I only used that example because you tried to say that making the all star team had some correlation to his character and intelligence. There's no connection there.

Findog
09-16-2008, 03:45 PM
I only used that example because you tried to say that making the all star team had some correlation to his character and intelligence. There's no connection there.

It shows he's succeeding in his chosen career field. How is that any different from somebody who graduated with an accounting degree and got a promotion?

Tully365
09-16-2008, 03:46 PM
If anyone "godwined" it was you. I referenced OJ, and you compared that to the Godwin/ Nazi analogy, which is a pretty big stretch.

Tully365
09-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Your analogy makes no sense. OJ succeeded in his chosen field too.

Findog
09-16-2008, 03:49 PM
If anyone "godwined" it was you. I referenced OJ, and you compared that to the Godwin/ Nazi analogy, which is a pretty big stretch.

In this context of discussing sports, I would say bringing OJ into a discussion is godwinizing.

monosylab1k
09-16-2008, 03:50 PM

Are you saying there's a comparison to be made between smoking weed and slicing two throats? As if they're even remotely comparable?

Findog
09-16-2008, 03:50 PM

And up until the moment he murdered his ex-wife, I'm sure USC was proud to count him among its own, mainly because of his accomplishments in football and not for his masterful acting in The Naked Gun. Until Josh commits a major felony, I'm afraid its your analogy that doesn't make much sense, nor does comparing him to OJ.

Tully365
09-16-2008, 03:54 PM
In this context of discussing sports, I would say bringing OJ into a discussion is godwinizing.

OJ killed 2 people, and the Nazis killed millions.... seems like you are playing fast and loose with definitions so that they work in your favor. It's a very old rhetorical trick, but I'm not buying it. You can't accuse me of hyperbole by exaggerating a thousand times more than me.

BlackSwordsMan
09-16-2008, 03:56 PM
a nose blood?

Tully365
Are you saying there's a comparison to be made between smoking weed and slicing two throats? As if they're even remotely comparable?

I didn't say that at all. I said arguing that if a person makes the all-star team it is somehow proof of good character is a wrong statement. Making an all-star team does not in any way prove good character.

koriwhat

you're a douche... then again you root for boston so it comes as no surprise.

Tully365
09-16-2008, 03:59 PM
And up until the moment he murdered his ex-wife, I'm sure USC was proud to count him among its own, mainly because of his accomplishments in football and not for his masterful acting in The Naked Gun. Until Josh commits a major felony, I'm afraid its your analogy that doesn't make much sense, nor does comparing him to OJ.

You're good at changing the argument, and it might work on some of the readers here, but what you're doing is disingenuous. I never compared the murder thing. I simply used OJ as an example to show that your allstar team selection = good character theory is wrong.

koriwhat
09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
I didn't say that at all. I said arguing that if a person makes the all-star team it is somehow proof of good character is a wrong statement. Making an all-star team does not in any way prove good character.

fuck good character! no one is here to prove to others anything and if anything jHO has proved that he can be an ass, smoke all the weed he wants, and still net millions upon millions that you can only dream of.

Tully365
09-16-2008, 04:01 PM

You're crazy Findog-- his best acting was clearly in The Towering Inferno.

koriwhat
09-16-2008, 04:02 PM
You're crazy Findog-- his best acting was clearly in The Towering Inferno.

nope his best acting was in the court room... "uh... they don't fit."

Tully365
09-16-2008, 04:03 PM
nope his best acting was in the court room... "uh... they don't fit."

Ah-- good point. That was pretty masterful.

Gino
09-16-2008, 06:09 PM
It's gonna be hard to sleep tonight.

Didn't our soldiers fight for our "freedoms?" I think I'll exercise that freedom by not joining in with mindless nationalism.

You must be unbelievably arrogant to believe that standing for the national anthem is "mindless nationalism". And you exercise your freedom by publicly giving our fallen soldiers who provided that freedom the middle finger?

Are all Texans this classy?

Im not going to waste anymore time on you. I think you need to have a serious talk with dad and let it all out. Seriously, let him know how not getting that big-wheel affected your life.

Your little side-kick "Monos" is a little bitch too. I think him following you on this one was probably more lame than that stupid KFC joke that he pretended to like for your benefit.

His father was probably worse than yours!

Findog
09-16-2008, 06:18 PM
You must be unbelievably arrogant to believe that standing for the national anthem is "mindless nationalism".

It's my opinion that it's mindless nationalism. And it's my right not to participate in it. I don't care if you put your hand over your heart and sing to your hearts content, so who are you to tell me what to do? Why do conservatives always want to impose their morality and their beliefs on other people?

And you exercise your freedom by publicly giving our fallen soldiers who provided that freedom the middle finger?

It isn't freedom if I can't exercise it, is it? I doubt many soliders care what I think or get worked up about it. They should probably spend more time worrying about the veterans benefits they're not going to get from a Republican Administration.

Im not going to waste anymore time on you. I think you need to have a serious talk with dad and let it all out. Seriously, let him know how not getting that big-wheel affected your life.

So to sum up, our soldiers died for our freedoms, but if you dare exercise those freedoms, you're a piece of shit with "daddy issues." Real trenchant thinking here.

Tully365
09-16-2008, 06:19 PM
You must be unbelievably arrogant to believe that standing for the national anthem is "mindless nationalism". And you exercise your freedom by publicly giving our fallen soldiers who provided that freedom the middle finger?

Your little side-kick "Monos" is a little bitch too. I think him following you on this one was probably more lame than that stupid KFC joke that he pretended to like for your benefit.

His father was probably worse than yours!

You seem awfully daddy-obsessed.

Findog
09-16-2008, 06:24 PM
America! Fuck Yeah!

Whose your daddy?????

Gino
09-16-2008, 06:29 PM
It isn't freedom if I can't exercise it, is it? I doubt many soliders care what I think or get worked up about it. They should probably spend more time worrying about the veterans benefits they're not going to get from a Republican Administration.

So to sum up, our soldiers died for our freedoms, but if you dare exercise those freedoms, you're a piece of shit with "daddy issues." Real trenchant thinking here.

You exercise those freedoms everyday wihtout even realizing it. Every now and then (like at sporting events), everyone takes two minutes from their day to honor those who gave their lives for those freedoms.

I was a soldier for six years. I can speak for all soldiers when I say it takes a REAL piece of shit to say "Nope...im gonna exercise my freedom NOT to stand and participate in this mindless nationalism".

Do you piss on graves at funerals too?

You know what? I don't want to even know. Go fuck yourself. Im putting this piece of shit on ignore.

Findog
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
You exercise those freedoms everyday wihtout even realizing it.

What is your point? Even if I was "ungrateful," which is kind of hard for me to do since my dad, both grandparents and most of my uncles are vets, what the fuck do you care? I thought soldiers were supposed to be tough. Why are you whining over hurt feelings?

Every now and then (like at sporting events), everyone takes two minutes from their day to honor those who gave their lives for those freedoms.

And maybe I don't like societal pressure and being browbeated into singing the national anthem. Doesn't mean as much when somebody else demands that you do it.

I was a soldier for six years. I can speak for all soldiers when I say it takes a REAL piece of shit to say "Nope...im gonna exercise my freedom NOT to stand and participate in this mindless nationalism".

:lmao what a narcissist.

Do you piss on graves at funerals too?

No, I just don't vote for Presidents who send soldiers off to die in the desert for lies, nor do I support Presidents who send those soldiers off without proper body armor and can't find the money in the budget to take care of them when they get home. I feel like I can honor the sacrifices of our soldiers and support them better by voting for candidates that won't put them in harm's way for lies and will fund the VA, as opposed to standing up and singing a song.

You know what? I don't want to even know. Go fuck yourself. Im putting this piece of shit on ignore.

"Exchange of ideas is too hard for me! I'm going home to wash the sand out of my vagina!"

Bruno
09-16-2008, 06:44 PM
National anthem before sports event is quite an American thing.
In Europe there is no such thing. There are only anthems when national teams play.

Whisky Dog
09-16-2008, 10:27 PM
I never understood the national anthem thing before sporting events. Its like the pledge of allegance when I was in elementary school- it seems weird and a tad socialist to force people to show allegance through forced gesture. I dont mind standing for the anthem and always do out of respect, but it seems odd there's a perception that people are required to do so. As long as your actions arent intruding on the rights and liberty of others then I see no reason why you can't do what you want.

Whisky Dog
09-16-2008, 11:25 PM

841v0CfdpmA[/QUOTE]

ehz33satx
09-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Didn't Monosylab and Findog used to have Dallas Mavericks as their team in their avatar? Now they have Portland Trailblazers and Oklahoma City Thunder listed as their teams. Ashamed to be fans of the mighty _allas Mavericks? Finally realized you may never experience what winning a championship feels like? You should stand your ground under any and all adversity, punks! Never give up! That is unless your a _allas Mavericks fan! Same goes for all you Phoenix Suns fans! At least Phoenix can celebrate their WNBA Phoenix Mercury winning a championship!!! :downspin:

Ronaldo McDonald
09-17-2008, 04:17 AM
This is why you need to stay in college for four years. They should have a pictures of Josh Howard in registration offices in colleges all over the country that say this is what could happen to you if you don't stay all for years, sorta like how they have pictures of totalled cars at the DPS and driving school classes that encourage you to wear your seatbelt.

Wait. . .

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-17-2008, 06:38 AM
I love Josh Howard coz he makes Melo look like a good role model :lol

Keep it up Josh :toast

MrChug
09-17-2008, 07:16 AM

I bet horses would be pissed if they knew they looked like that.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 08:32 AM

I thought Boston was a bastion of liberal douchiness? Either you're not from Boston or you're the only UnAmerican right-wing Nazi out there.

Either way, you piss on the grave of George Washington when you get angry at us for exercising the freedoms he and his peers fought for us to have. We're honoring by using those freedoms.

http://coolaggregator.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/george-washington-picture.jpg
Don't piss on my grave, Gino!

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Didn't Monosylab and Findog used to have Dallas Mavericks as their team in their avatar? Now they have Portland Trailblazers and Oklahoma City Thunder listed as their teams. Ashamed to be fans of the mighty _allas Mavericks? Finally realized you may never experience what winning a championship feels like? You should stand your ground under any and all adversity, punks! Never give up! That is unless your a _allas Mavericks fan! Same goes for all you Phoenix Suns fans! At least Phoenix can celebrate their WNBA Phoenix Mercury winning a championship!!! :downspin:

a little late to the party there, slugger.

MrChug
09-17-2008, 09:46 AM
a little late to the party there, slugger.

Doesn't mean he's not right jaggoff...

koriwhat
09-17-2008, 09:51 AM
This is why you need to stay in college for four years. They should have a pictures of Josh Howard in registration offices in colleges all over the country that say this is what could happen to you if you don't stay all for years, sorta like how they have pictures of totalled cars at the DPS and driving school classes that encourage you to wear your seatbelt.

Wait. . .

shit i'd love to be a big disgrace like jHO if it meant millions were still going into my pockets. bring on the stupidity and the dough!

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Doesn't mean he's not right jaggoff...

Yeah because if I was ashamed of the Mavericks and wanted a team that could win a title, it makes perfect sense to jump onto the Oklahoma City Thunder bandwagon. What a bunch of fuckin dickheads.

Many PackYao
09-17-2008, 09:58 AM
I bet horses would be pissed if they knew they looked like that.:lol

Gino
09-17-2008, 11:02 AM
I thought Boston was a bastion of liberal douchiness? Either you're not from Boston or you're the only UnAmerican right-wing Nazi out there.

Either way, you piss on the grave of George Washington when you get angry at us for exercising the freedoms he and his peers fought for us to have. We're honoring by using those freedoms.

http://coolaggregator.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/george-washington-picture.jpg
Don't piss on my grave, Gino!

Another "ex-maverick" fan going with the "exercising my freedoms" cop-out.

You don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

Findog
09-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Apparently you have freedom in this country as long as you do exactly what the government and conservatives want you to do. Just as you have freedom of speech as long as you say exactly what conservatives and the government want you to say.

This guy could not be more lacking in self-awareness.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Another "ex-maverick" fan going with the "exercising my freedoms" cop-out.

It's not a cop-out, it's what this country is built upon. I'm sorry you hate America so much.

Trainwreck2100
09-17-2008, 11:10 AM
It's not a cop-out, it's what this country is built upon. I'm sorry you hate America so much.

His favorite network is probably Al-Jezeera

Gino
09-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Oh wow....very clever! You turn the tables and attack me of being unpatriotic!

Bravo! Good show!

I just hope all Texans aren't as moronic to think that standing and even removing your hats (GASP!!!) for the national anthem is somehow "mindless nationalism" or anyway some sort of endorsement of the current president. As if the national anthem was a Bush-Cheney idea.

How fucking clueless could you possibly be?

Oh wait...thats right. You don't even have an original thought. You just recycle everything your hero FinDog says. Lets hear that AWESOME KFC joke you guys love so much! You know, the one with the guy from "Ratatouille"?

Youre just his "yes-man".

I put your boy on ignore, I think I'll add his Dwight Schrute on there as well.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:07 PM
I never said I was against being respectful during the national anthem. I said I was against you being a fucking douchebag and threatening someone who would choose, using his rights as an American, to not be as respectful as you during the national anthem.

Learn to read you Bostonian faggot. Assholes like you represent everything that's wrong with this country.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
LOL at people who doesn't understand the difference between exercising freedom and being moral.

You can exercise your freedom and be a jackass at the same time, and people are free to be ticked off by you being a jackass.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:11 PM
LOL at people who doesn't understand the difference between exercising freedom and being moral.

You can exercise your freedom and be a jackass at the same time, and people are free to be ticked off by you being a jackass.

And they can threaten you as well? LOL at you not getting the point.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:14 PM
http://newagreements.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/benjamin-franklin.jpg

This guy didn't spend years fucking nasty French chicks so that Gino could tread upon the freedoms of another American. Why do you try to destroy this man's legacy, Gino? WHY???????

Findog
09-17-2008, 12:17 PM

I'm not bothering or hurting anybody by silently remaining seated during the anthem. It would be one thing if I were to scream and yell and shoot the bird with both hands. Anybody who has a problem with me silently remaining seated during the anthem is a fucking asshat.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:21 PM
And they can threaten you as well? LOL at you not getting the point.

Who threatened you? Are the secret police gonna throw you in jail and torture you?

You have the freedom to do whatever you want (as long as it is legal), but that does not mean that you are free from criticisms. If the criticisms are unfounded, ignore them.

You can choose to agree or disagree with me, but I suggest you understand what the meaning of freedom means before engaging freely in an open forum about the topic of freedom.

I'm not bothering or hurting anybody by silently remaining seated during the anthem. It would be one thing if I were to scream and yell and shoot the bird with both hands. Anybody who has a problem with me silently remaining seated during the anthem is a fucking asshat.

Seriously, I don't know what Gino did that could be categorized as threatening, bothering or hurting others in this thread. Perhaps I missed something?

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Who threatened you? Are the secret police gonna throw you and jail and torture you?

You have the freedom to do whatever you want (as long as it is legal), but that does not mean that you are free from criticisms. If the criticisms are unfounded, ignore them.

You can choose to agree or disagree with me, but I suggest you understand what the meaning of freedom means before engaging freely in an open forum about the topic of freedom.

Wow you didn't even read the whole thread before commenting, did you? Dumbass.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Wow you didn't even read the whole thread before commenting, did you? Dumbass.

I did, I still couldn't find what is threatening.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Perhaps I missed something?

Yeah perhaps.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I did

you didn't

Findog
09-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Who threatened you? Are the secret police gonna throw you in jail and torture you?

Seriously, I don't know what Gino did that could be categorized as threatening, bothering or hurting others in this thread. Perhaps I missed something?

His attitude was that people who silently remained seated during the anthem deserved bodily harm. Of course he's all talk and no bite, bullies are usually cowardly pussies who don't have the guts to back up tough talk.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah perhaps.

You find that threatening?

So how do you find this?

I never thought I'd take the internet so seriously, but I really want to find out where ducks lives and burn his fucking house to the ground.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:30 PM
you didn't

Are you exercising your freedom to talk about things you have no understanding at all?

Findog
09-17-2008, 12:30 PM

No, because internet tough guys are the biggest pussies around. But the ethos is repugnant.

Findog
09-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Are you exercising your freedom to talk about things you have no understanding at all?

What exactly is your contribution to this thread? Has anybody said Josh Howard or myself is exempt from criticism? Do you think people who silently refuse to sing the anthem should be beaten up?

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:32 PM
His attitude was that people who silently remained seated during the anthem deserved bodily harm. Of course he's all talk and no bite, bullies are usually cowardly pussies who don't have the guts to back up tough talk.

After really so many posts from you and mono, I somehow expected the two of you to be more thick-skinned than this.

BTW, if he ever did carry out his "threat", he would suffer the consequences of his actions as long as you believe in the legal process of the nation. But then that is a big if.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:32 PM
What exactly is your contribution to this thread? Has anybody said Josh Howard or myself is exempt from criticism? Do you think people who silently refuse to sing the anthem should be beaten up?

I am exercising my freedom of speech on this thread.

Are you trying to bully me into silence?

Please don't, I feel threatened.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:33 PM

So how do you find this?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SICK BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Seriously, do you not know the difference between "I really want to" and "I'm going to"?

I really want to fuck Elisha Cuthbert. I'm going to fuck Elisha Cuthbert. Two completely different statements.

You're free to try again if you like, but that was epic failure.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Findog
09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
After really so many posts from you and mono, I somehow expected the two of you to be more thick-skinned than this.

I find everything he posted in here comical. I'm just trying to figure out what exactly is your point. I never said Josh Howard or myself are free from criticism, just free from physical harm. Do you agree with that? If so, I don't really know why you're posting.

Findog
09-17-2008, 12:35 PM
I am exercising my freedom of speech on this thread.

Are you trying to bully me into silence?

Please don't, I feel threatened.

I'm just trying to figure out what your point is. It seemed to originally be that people's unpopular actions don't exempt them from criticism. Well duh...

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I find everything he posted in here comical.

well there's nothing that says "I'm dead serious here" more than posting a picture of a flying bald eagle draped in the American flag.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:37 PM
I find everything he posted in here comical. I'm just trying to figure out what exactly is your point. I never said Josh Howard or myself are free from criticism, just free from physical harm. Do you agree with that? If so, I don't really know why you're posting.

Are you harmed?

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:38 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SICK BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Seriously, do you not know the difference between "I really want to" and "I'm going to"?

I really want to fuck Elisha Cuthbert. I'm going to fuck Elisha Cuthbert. Two completely different statements.

Seriously, do you not know the difference between "I'm going to" and actually doing it?

I'm going to earn a trillion dollars. I actually earned a trillion dollars. Two completely different statements.

Findog
09-17-2008, 12:39 PM
well there's nothing that says "I'm dead serious here" more than posting a picture of a flying bald eagle draped in the American flag.

Oh man, that reminds me. Nothing quite says we "kinda had it coming" like the crying eagle:

http://wonkette.com/images/thumbs/a8c99884d43723a8c9e36a9d0d261828.jpg

http://wonkette.com/images/thumbs/6146a1e13d7cbe05d9458f2c1a520b43.jpg

http://wonkette.com/images/thumbs/30d0d98425909e7deb9ed40ebb0f89d8.jpg

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Seriously, do you not know the difference between "I'm going to" and actually doing it?

I'm going to earn a trillion dollars. I actually earned a trillion dollars. Two completely different statements.

Well that's good to know. Now I'll go call the FBI and say "I'm going to blow up a federal building" and expect no retaliation because I won't actually do it. Thanks for clearing this all up.

Findog
09-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Are you harmed?

If somebody attacked me for refusing to join in with the anthem, I would be. Do you think it's acceptable to physically attack somebody for failing to sing the anthem? Pretty simple yes or no question.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Well that's good to know. Now I'll go call the FBI and say "I'm going to blow up a federal building" and expect no recourse because I won't actually do it. Thanks for clearing this all up.

You would get the exact same reaction as saying "I want to blow up a federal building".

Besides, what did you find Gino said to be so threatening to begin with? He said

Maybe he meant he always have a lot of beans and sitting next to him while he is standing is not going to be very pleasant.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:46 PM
You would get the exact same reaction as saying "I want to blow up a federal building".

Gino
09-17-2008, 12:47 PM

No kidding. :toast

Of course, they feel that standing up for the national anthem is an endorsement of Bush/Cheney. Thats why I put them on ignore.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:50 PM
If somebody attacked me for refusing to join in with the anthem, I would be. Do you think it's acceptable to physically attack somebody for failing to sing the anthem? Pretty simple yes or no question.

That would be just plain stupid, and if said person is stupid enough to do something as physically attacking you, then that wuold be wrong, no question.

But to pull the freedom card in this instance is misleading, because it would apply to any situation as well. It's a matter of someone breaking a law through carrying out a physical attack that is not in a situation where his/her life is threatened.

That person is wrong in breaking the law, not in the form of suppressing your freedom of expression.

The constitution was set up to apply restraint to govermental bodies where people are free to express their displeasure and opinions that differs from the government's view point in a legal manner, and not having to suffer consequences since. Criminal law more than covers the aspects of physical assault.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM
QEQOvyGbBtY

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:52 PM

Try calling FBI and say you want to blow up a federal building. Please, do it.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 12:52 PM
I am waiting for the KFC stuff .....

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:54 PM

what is that?

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Try calling FBI and say you want to blow up a federal building. Please, do it.

I couldn't find them in the Yellow Pages.

Findog
09-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Of course, they feel that standing up for the national anthem is an endorsement of Bush/Cheney. Thats why I put them on ignore.

I'll be sitting down the first time I hear the anthem at a sporting event after January 20th, 2009 when President Obama takes office. God, you're stupid.

Gino
09-17-2008, 01:02 PM

Im telling you, just put the whole "KFC/Ex-Mavs-Fans/Respect=Bush Supporter" crew on your ignore list.

So far I got:

1) FinDog - the David Koresh of the group
2) Monos - The Dwight Schrute of the group

Who else? Did "Stretch" ditch his mavs colors? Does he think Standing for the National Anthem means youre a Bush supporter?

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 01:06 PM
As an American i exercise the right to let large men shove their cocks up my ass

He can't see it anyways, might as well.

Findog
09-17-2008, 01:07 PM
How fucking stupid is Gino? The anthem has nothing to do with Bush from my perspective. I don't care for enforced patriotism. Simple as that.

monosylab1k
There's nothing more refreshing than a tall cool glass of my own man chowder

That's just foul, but I respect your right to do that.

Findog
If you don't like hot jizz, you spit on the sacrifices of our soldiers.

koriwhat
09-17-2008, 01:20 PM
this is how i see it... i'm paying anywhere from $50-250 to watch a game, not sing the fuckin' cheesy ass bs national anthem. give me a break about all this freedom talk because in this day and age our freedoms are dwindling faster and faster.

oh and birds can't fuckin' cry!

koriwhat
09-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Maybe he meant he always have a lot of beans and sitting next to him while he is standing is not going to be very pleasant.

i love it when people know exactly what someone means by their words yet they still act dumb and try to twist it around to better fit their argument. well done dumbass.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 01:42 PM
i love it when people know exactly what someone means by their words yet they still act dumb and try to twist it around to better fit their argument. well done dumbass.

Great job demonstrating that with your post!
:tu

Or maybe you weren't acting, you really are that dumb.

dirk4mvp
09-17-2008, 01:43 PM

holy shit. _allas Mavericks smack! fuckin props to you man :toast

Gino
09-17-2008, 01:45 PM
holy shit. _allas Mavericks smack! fuckin props to you man :toast

We might have another candidate. A former Mavs fan who now "Roots" for another team.

Did he love that KFC joke?

Does he not stand for the national anthem because he thinks its an endorsement of Bush?

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 01:50 PM
I want to kill the President of the United States

:wow ALERT THE FEDS!!!!!

Findog
09-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Does he not stand for the national anthem because he thinks its an endorsement of Bush?

This guy has to be the biggest choadgobbler on all of Spurstalk. Nice strawman sparky.

Flight3107
09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
We might have another candidate. A former Mavs fan who now "Roots" for another team.

Did he love that KFC joke?

You're a badass

dirk4mvp
09-17-2008, 02:03 PM
myself and ambchang like to participate in gay sex

dude you do whatever the fuck you want to

i'll do what i want when it comes to standing or siting for some song.

Gino
09-17-2008, 02:05 PM
You're a badass

Thank you.

I take it you are also a former Mavs fan (the Jason Kidd comment gave it away).

Do you also think Francis Scott Key works for the Bush Administration?

Findog
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I am beginning to feel sorry for Gino. He is getting bukakked with ownage in this thread.

dirk4mvp
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
i stand because someone holds a gun to my head and makes me.

koriwhat
09-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Great job demonstrating that with your post!

Or maybe you weren't acting, you really are that dumb.

you know damn well what i meant... or maybe you weren't acting, you really are that dumb.

Findog
America! Fuck Yeah! Stand for the anthem or I'll get my gun!

Gino
dude you do whatever the fuck you want to

i'll do what i want when it comes to standing or siting for some song.

Nice.

1) FinDog - The David Koresh
2) Monos - The Dwight Shrute
3) Dirk4Mvp - The heir apparent

Findog
09-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Amerika uber alles!

Flight3107
09-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Do you also think Francis Scott Key works for the Bush Administration?

What kind of fucking dumbass ask this question?

Findog
09-17-2008, 02:10 PM

The kind of dumbass that thinks not standing for the anthem is some kind of anti-Bush statement. President Obama isn't getting me up out of my chair.

koriwhat
09-17-2008, 02:10 PM
i just read this on realgm and it cracks me up.

"Josh really is a good guy with a great heart," said Mark Cuban. "He just doesn't do a good job of showing that side of himself publicly. We will work on that."

i love how cuban is speaking about presenting ones self in public when he is just as bad.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 02:12 PM
The only thing better than reading the KFC Jokes is reading it with a dildo shoved up your ass!

That's you right as an American. Just make sure you wash it from time to time for your own personal sanitation. But I don't want to tread on your freedom.

dirk4mvp
09-17-2008, 02:14 PM

"Josh really is a good guy with a great heart," said Mark Cuban. "He just doesn't do a good job of showing that side of himself publicly. We will work on that."

i love how cuban is speaking about presenting ones self in public when he is just as bad.

You better get ya ass out of your seat next time the anthem comes on or Gino is gonna put some hot lead in your dome, bitch.

monosylab1k

Yeah Cuban is clueless here. We should have dumped that idiot for Artest when we had the chance.

koriwhat
i'm gonna start calling gino, 'Gina, because it's more suiting to "her".

Gino
09-17-2008, 02:15 PM

Define why you think its dumb.

Be careful, though. If you want to be part of their crew, you have to believe that standing for the anthem means youre a right wing republican who endorses Bush.

Flight3107
09-17-2008, 02:19 PM

Be careful, though. If you want to be part of their crew, you have to believe that standing for the anthem means youre a right wing republican who endorses Bush.

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about if you think they support Bush.

koriwhat
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Define why you think its dumb?

see this is where you're wrong. the point of the conversation is that freedoms(dwindling away) are in place for all to act as they like accordingly without affecting others physically but you want us to push all that to the wayside and abide by what you think we should do.

that's the point you're missing here. it's not up to you to state what is right and wrong or draw a line and make us choose either patriotism or terrorism. just like it isn't up to all those fuckers who drive 40mph in the passing lane with their blinkers on who think they are doing society a favor my monitoring the speed of others when we have speed signs and cops for that.

get over yourself already. sounds like someone didn't get enough attention from daddy when he was growing up. hahaha. daddy.

MavericksDynasty

Because you're stupid and can't read. Nobody said anything about Bush as to why they won't stand for the anthem.

monosylab1k
I want to rape little girls

But are you "going to"? Well, same difference. Just do it like an American and you'll be fine.

Findog
09-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Gino is going to have to slink off this site in embarrassment like DannyB.

koriwhat
09-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Now gimme some dank, bitch!

i want some too! mmmm... nug! ah i love bud. gotta love the bud!

ElNono
09-17-2008, 02:31 PM
LOL, I don't know what's more retarded, if the whole Internet tough guy 'You better wish I'm not around to kick your ass' bullshit from Gino, or his threats to put everybody on ignore.
You know, putting people on ignore basically proves that you have zero foundation to back up your arguments, and basically don't want to hear other people's point of view. In a nutshell, a complete intolerant moron. Exactly what's wrong with America these days.
And FWIW, I do stand up for the anthem, even though I'm not an American citizen (I do it out of habit these days).

Findog
09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
LOL, I don't know what's more retarded, if the whole Internet tough guy 'You better wish I'm not around to kick your ass' bullshit from Gino, or his threats to put everybody on ignore.
You know, putting people on ignore basically proves that you have zero foundation to back up your arguments, and basically don't want to hear other people's point of view. In a nutshell, a complete intolerant moron. Exactly what's wrong with America these days.
And FWIW, I do stand up for the anthem, even though I'm not an American citizen (I do it out of habit these days).

You may not have a friggin' clue about Dirk, but you speak the truth here. Props!

Gino
09-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about if you think they support Bush.

AWESOME!!! :lol

dickface
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
AWESOME!!! :lol

It's really a shame you brought such weak sauce to this thread. After your promising first post I was expecting a lot better from you.

StylisticS
09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Americans believe in freedom of speech until someone actually uses it.

I love my country like most Americans. I also dislike the majority of it's history. A history that will take a couple centuries for us to get over it, not a couple decades. I am getting sick of people saying that he has it good or blah blah blah. Money does not buy happiness. Many blacks AND Natives feel the same way Josh feels. You can't fine nor suspend him for using his 1st amendment.

I'm like another poster as well. I never understood standing for the pledge and the anthem at sporting events. Like it's a ritual that must happen. Waste of time, IMO.

Gino
09-17-2008, 02:53 PM

I understand your opinion (though not on the 'ignore' stuff), but I don't think you appreciate the full situation.

Let me tell you a little story.

Couple of years ago, I was in the airforce chilling with my buddies on the tarmac when all of a sudden this bus comes over to the C-17. Without saying a word, Im guessing 10-15 marines jumped out of the back, formed two columns in the back of the plane and SNAPPED to attention.

Me and my friends were looking around trying to figure out what was going on.

Then the casket came out.

When we play the anthem, usually members of the service present the colors. Its not "mindless nationalism" and David Koresh claims and its certainly not an endorsement of the Bush administration as he also claimed. Its honoring the sacrifice made by others. And its not just a military thing either. We remember people who died on September 11th etc. And whether we were right or wrong, it doesn't mean those people deserve to be snubbed.

I personally find anyone who chooses to perform a public and deliberate act of disrespect isn't worth talking to (about basketball, politics, you name it).

Its a free country. Talk to the KFC crew all you want. Im exercising my freedom not to.

dickface
09-17-2008, 02:55 PM
its certainly not an endorsement of the Bush administration as he also claimed.

You keep saying this. Nobody ever claimed this except for you. Are you really this fuckin retarded?

ambchang
09-17-2008, 02:55 PM
you know damn well what i meant... or maybe you weren't acting, you really are that dumb.

Of course I do, but I find it incredulous that you would really think that Gino would beat you up for sitting during the national anthem. He may actually just beat you up because you are so dense.

BTW, I already used that line, please use something else, it just makes you look ... well ... dumb.

Findog
09-17-2008, 02:57 PM
You keep saying this. Nobody ever claimed this except for you. Are you really this fuckin retarded?

He IS that retarded. If somebody views singing the anthem as a way to honor vets and America, I really don't have a problem with that. Live and let live. Just wish I could get the same courtesy.

Greg Oden
09-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Its a free country. Talk to the KFC crew all you want. Im exercising my freedom not to.

you're excercising your right to be a faggot. but that's alright because like i said earlier it's your choice if you and ambchang want to ride down each other's hershey highway and noone can do a damn thing about it.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow! How many trolls do you guys have?

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:07 PM
America! Fuck Yeah!

Love it or Leave it!

Gino
09-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Wow! How many trolls do you guys have?

A lot...my fav is how Woody Paige just appears out of nowhere whenever these guys get into it with someone.

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:13 PM
My only troll is MavericksDynasty, which I've used in this thread to answer Gino because he's too cowardly to have an exchange of ideas.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 03:16 PM
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8559/a355thumbtt3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Flight3107
09-17-2008, 03:18 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:19 PM
http://www.uncp.edu/home/rwb/triumph_will_poster.jpg

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 03:21 PM
http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a192/a192.gif

Flight3107
09-17-2008, 03:22 PM
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8750/patrioticpadstc2.jpg

Flight3107
09-17-2008, 03:24 PM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/q/X/dixiechicks_unamerican.jpg

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:25 PM
"I fought for your freedom! Don't you dare fucking ever exercise it!"

America! Fuck Yeah!

ApolloCreed
09-17-2008, 03:27 PM
My only troll is MavericksDynasty, which I've used in this thread to answer Gino because he's too cowardly to have an exchange of ideas.

You just got owned.

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:28 PM
You just got owned.

Sure I did! I'm the one that got sand in my vagina and had to block somebody because they disagreed with me!

Oh wait, that was somebody else....

j-6
09-17-2008, 03:30 PM
So what did he say in the end about Obama? I didn't catch that.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Still LOL at how nobody knows what freedom of speech is.
Anyways, read up kids, maybe one day you will realize that Gino is not really part of the secret police that will punish you for being "unpatriiotic".

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I was gonna post the Team America "Freedom Isn't Free" song but I just realized how many idiots are in our country because 90% of the youtube clips with that song think it's some kind of tribute to the military.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Anyways, read up kids, maybe one day you will realize that Gino is not really part of the secret police that will punish you for being "unpatriiotic".

Still LOL as you continue to not get it.

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:34 PM

Do you think it's acceptable behavior to physically attack somebody for using their 1st Amendment rights? Yes or No? It's not a hard question. I didn't say anything about whether or not Mr. Sand in Vagina is acting in an official capacity for the government.

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:34 PM
So what did he say in the end about Obama? I didn't catch that.

No one has been able to figure that out yet.

ElNono
09-17-2008, 03:35 PM
I understand your opinion (though not on the 'ignore' stuff), but I don't think you appreciate the full situation.

Let me tell you a little story.

Couple of years ago, I was in the airforce chilling with my buddies on the tarmac when all of a sudden this bus comes over to the C-17. Without saying a word, Im guessing 10-15 marines jumped out of the back, formed two columns in the back of the plane and SNAPPED to attention.

Me and my friends were looking around trying to figure out what was going on.

Then the casket came out.

When we play the anthem, usually members of the service present the colors. Its not "mindless nationalism" and David Koresh claims and its certainly not an endorsement of the Bush administration as he also claimed. Its honoring the sacrifice made by others. And its not just a military thing either. We remember people who died on September 11th etc. And whether we were right or wrong, it doesn't mean those people deserve to be snubbed.

I personally find anyone who chooses to perform a public and deliberate act of disrespect isn't worth talking to (about basketball, politics, you name it).

Thanks for the story. I understand your position too, and I still think it's retarded.
I can understand you not wanting to talk to people you believe to be disrespectful, but from there to actually suggest you would kick their asses is certainly a display of intolerance only matched by imbeciles. You can also elect not to talk to them by not responding to their posts, but advertising who made or not your shit list (who cares anyways?) it's pretty idiotic also.

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey according to ambchang, when the KKK used to lynch blacks for exercising their rights and standing up to Jim Crow, that's not an official government action, so we shouldn't care about it.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the story. I understand your position too, and I still think it's retarded.

:lmao

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 03:38 PM
21 Blessings is viewing the thread. I can only imagine the rich insight he'll provide.

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:40 PM
21 Blessings is viewing the thread. I can only imagine the rich insight he'll provide.

I'm about to say the only nice thing I'll ever say about him: at least he's not such a shriveled pussy that he has to block people who disagree with him.

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Gino should be able to navigate this thread in only two pages since he blocked everybody posting in it.

dirk4mvp
09-17-2008, 03:41 PM
how the hell is my eminem troll still viewing this thread? :lol

ambchang
09-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Do you think it's acceptable behavior to physically attack somebody for using their 1st Amendment rights? Yes or No? It's not a hard question. I didn't say anything about whether or not Mr. Sand in Vagina is acting in an official capacity for the government.

I already said no a couple of pages back, but it has nothing to do with freedom of speech and relates to physical assaults. Those are two different things.

A person is hateful and a hypocrite for assaulting you for the things you say and do (that are legal), but this is not about freedom of speech at all. That phrase is being thrown around with people having little understanding of what it entails far too often (witness this thread).

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey according to ambchang, when the KKK used to lynch blacks for exercising their rights and standing up to Jim Crow, that's not an official government action, so we shouldn't care about it.

All we really need to learn from him is that while saying you "want" to do something and you're "going to" do something are exactly the same, they both mean nothing unless you "actually" do something, unless of course you say you "want to" which is illegal even tho, according to his logic, you were also "going to" which is the opposite of "actually" doing it.

In summary,
Want to equals going to.
Going to doesn't equal actually doing.
Actually doing is implied by saying you want to.

That's logic to live by.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
this is not about freedom of speech at all.

woah, you're a quick one!

ambchang
09-17-2008, 03:47 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime

Try reading up on what freedom of expression means

The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously found that penalty-enhancement hate crime statutes do not conflict with free speech rights because they do not punish an individual for exercising freedom of expression; rather, they allow courts to consider motive when sentencing a criminal for conduct which is not protected by the First Amendment.

ApolloCreed
09-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm about to say the only nice thing I'll ever say about him: at least he's not such a shriveled pussy that he has to block people who disagree with him.

Whats the difference? You just use a troll name anyway. Thats why you got owned.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 03:48 PM
All we really need to learn from him is that while saying you "want" to do something and you're "going to" do something are exactly the same, they both mean nothing unless you "actually" do something, unless of course you say you "want to" which is illegal even tho, according to his logic, you were also "going to" which is the opposite of "actually" doing it.

In summary,
Want to equals going to.
Going to doesn't equal actually doing.
Actually doing is implied by saying you want to.

That's logic to live by.

Where did Gino say he was going to beat you up?

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I already said no a couple of pages back, but it has nothing to do with freedom of speech and relates to physical assaults. Those are two different things.

A person is hateful and a hypocrite for assaulting you for the things you say and do (that are legal), but this is not about freedom of speech at all. That phrase is being thrown around with people having little understanding of what it entails far too often (witness this thread).

Then what are we arguing about then? We're not talking about how freedom of speech doesn't apply when you walk into the workplace. We're talking about how Gino says as a soldier he "fought for our freedoms," but doesn't seem to want us to exercise those freedoms. In short, he's a colossal asshat.

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Whats the difference? You just use a troll name anyway. Thats why you got owned.

Hmm, I didn't lose my shit over another poster's opinion, so yeah, I got "owned." There's one person who looks very bad in this thread, and it ain't me...

Findog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime

Try reading up on what freedom of expression means

Way to completely miss my point.

angelbelow
very unfortunate.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Where did Gino say he was going to beat you up?

Right here

If you don't stand during the national anthem and show how much you love the God Damn U.S. of A., I'm going to beat you up

koriwhat
09-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Of course I do, but I find it incredulous that you would really think that Gino would beat you up for sitting during the national anthem. He may actually just beat you up because you are so dense.

BTW, I already used that line, please use something else, it just makes you look ... well ... dumb.

no i think you have it all wrong... i don't think 'gina is gonna kick anyones ass. if i had to guess i'd say he was probably the whipping boy in the air force.

oh and yeah i know you "already used that line" but since you're so fuckin' "dense" you didn't get the fact that i was mockin' you. dumbass!

ambchang
09-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Then what are we arguing about then? We're not talking about how freedom of speech doesn't apply when you walk into the workplace. We're talking about how Gino says as a soldier he "fought for our freedoms," but doesn't seem to want us to exercise those freedoms. In short, he's a colossal asshat.

OK, I am not arguing that he is not an asshat, that is for you to decide.

But people, and I am not saying that is you and mono only, mixes up what freedom of expression with the freedom to do whatever the hell they please.

Let me make my stance clear for once, I do not support the war, and I don't even agree with most of the stuff Gino said, BUT I find the liberal and incorrect use of the word freedom of expression to be disturbing.

Finally, it is also hypocritical of throwing a hissy fit over a "threat" over the internet, when mono does it himself.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Way to completely miss my point.

Care to explain?

Apparently, I am still missing your point.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Right here

Gimme a break, what he said was:

If you don't stand during the national anthem and show how much you love the God Damn U.S. of A., I would want to beat you up

Findog
09-17-2008, 03:56 PM
OK, I am not arguing that he is not an asshat, that is for you to decide.

But people, and I am not saying that is you and mono only, mixes up what freedom of expression with the freedom to do whatever the hell they please.

Let me make my stance clear for once, I do not support the war, and I don't even agree with most of the stuff Gino said, BUT I find the liberal and incorrect use of the word freedom of expression to be disturbing.

Finally, it is also hypocritical of throwing a hissy fit over a "threat" over the internet, when mono does it himself.

Okay, I think we're on the same page finally.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 03:56 PM

Sweet 8lb, 6oz Baby Jesus, you STILL don't get what's going on here.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 04:02 PM
no i think you have it all wrong... i don't think 'gina is gonna kick anyones ass. if i had to guess i'd say he was probably the whipping boy in the air force.

oh and yeah i know you "already used that line" but since you're so fuckin' "dense" you didn't get the fact that i was mockin' you. dumbass!

:LMAO, this is your original quote

So if you do not believe Gino was going to kick your ass, then why are picking on one sentence of what he said, fully knowing the meaning of that one sentence, twist it around to fit your own argument?

The I "already use that line" line was to tell you that you have once again missed the point of me telling you that you are practicing exactly what you preach not to do.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Sweet 8lb, 6oz Baby Jesus, you STILL don't get what's going on here.

You mean how you pretend that it was a real threat when everyone knows what he means?

Tough that Gino is not particularly popular around here, or that he has a different politcal view point than you do, but at least I can restrain myself from twisting arguments around for my own benefit.

koriwhat
09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
:LMAO, this is your original quote

So if you do not believe Gino was going to kick your ass, then why are picking on one sentence of what he said, fully knowing the meaning of that one sentence, twist it around to fit your own argument?

The I "already use that line" line was to tell you that you have once again missed the point of me telling you that you are practicing exactly what you preach not to do.

i never thought 'gina was gonna kick anyones ass... i do however think by the way he said what he said his intentions are just that, to invoke such a thought into all our heads, but he's too pussy like everyone else behind a screen to really act on his tough guy words.

ps: fuck you! <-- say it like the dude in the opening scene of pineapple express. that's how i want to say it to you.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
You mean how you pretend that it was a real threat when everyone knows what he means?

No no no no no, you're completely right. I took him very literally. I also really want to/going to/actually will/whatever burn down ducks' house. Why else would I cement my reply with a picture of

A BALD EAGLE WRAPPED IN THE AMERICAN FLAG AND CONSUMED BY A COPYRIGHT WATERMARK.

the internet really isn't your cup of tea.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 04:20 PM
i never thought 'gina was gonna kick anyones ass... i do however think by the way he said what he said his intentions are just that, to invoke such a thought into all our heads, but he's too pussy like everyone else behind a screen to really act on his tough guy words.

ps: fuck you! <-- say it like the dude in the opening scene of pineapple express. that's how i want to say it to you.

I doubt he was going to invoke that thought.

I mean, seriously, it would be very difficult to take that as any kind of a threat, but it would be easy to use it to mock him based on his political views.

ambchang
09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
No no no no no, you're completely right. I took him very literally. I also really want to/going to/actually will/whatever burn down ducks' house. Why else would I cement my reply with a picture of

A BALD EAGLE WRAPPED IN THE AMERICAN FLAG AND CONSUMED BY A COPYRIGHT WATERMARK.

the internet really isn't your cup of tea.

I should start mocking people on completely unrelated subjects because they have a different political than I do. Perhaps then the internet will be my cup of tea.

Reggie Miller
09-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Who would have ever thought that making fun of the Bug could have proven to be a divisive issue?

Come on guys! Our mutual hatred of Josh Howard is what binds this country together and makes it great!

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 04:37 PM
I should start mocking people on completely unrelated subjects because they have a different political than I do. Perhaps then the internet will be my cup of tea.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

The End.

mavsfan1000
09-17-2008, 04:48 PM
I always hated the national anthem. :lol

koriwhat
09-17-2008, 04:50 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

The End.

the only thing i hate about that quote/kcf joke is the comedian it came from... dude sucks just like dane crook plus he's a fat little fucker who is making fun of the same fast food his ass eats on a daily basis.

bus driver
09-17-2008, 04:51 PM

+1

Soul_Patch
09-17-2008, 04:57 PM
So anyway...Josh Howard is a fucking dumbass...

All the talk about not standing during the national anthem, etc to prove a point is fucking dumb too...

Sure, you have a right to sit there...I dont give a shit really, your the one that looks like a disrespectful douchebag while doing it....go you, i guess.

If you think you are some how proving a point, your a lost cause. im sure you feel like a real "Che" Guevara sitting there, while the rest of the people in attendance wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire.

so in short, get over yourself.

Findog
09-17-2008, 05:04 PM

All the talk about not standing during the national anthem, etc to prove a point is fucking dumb too...

Sure, you have a right to sit there...I dont give a shit really, your the one that looks like a disrespectful douchebag while doing it....go you, i guess.

If you think you are some how proving a point, your a lost cause. im sure you feel like a real "Che" Guevara sitting there, while the rest of the people in attendance wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire.

I don't care what people think, I'm not doing it to get a reaction. I just think enforced patriotism is weird and creepy

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't care what people think, I'm not doing it to get a reaction. I just think enforced patriotism is weird and creepy

At a sporting event no less.

"Yes, great national anthem, God Bless Lady Liberty and all her loyal citizens, now it's time to watch the Spurs!................hey FUCK YOU JASON TERRY YOU TURTLE HEADED FAGGOT! I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE!"

Findog
09-17-2008, 05:08 PM
At a sporting event no less.

"Yes, great national anthem, God Bless Lady Liberty and all her loyal citizens, now it's time to watch the Spurs!................hey FUCK YOU JASON TERRY YOU TURTLE HEADED FAGGOT! I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE!"

Exactly, it always feels superficial and fake to me.

Gino
09-17-2008, 06:06 PM

Nice. :toast

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 06:30 PM
My dick is roughly the size of a Vienna Sausage!

Findog
09-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Nice. :toast

"I'm a pussy that needs others to respond for me."

Allanon
09-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I agree too, Josh Howard's a friggin' idiot over this national anthem stunt.

I don't care what he believes but he's talking into a camera, what did he think would happen?

1) He's set back black people 100 years by making them look ignorant and un-patriotic.
2) WTF does being black have to do with not celebrating the Star Spangled Banner? I've seen quite a few soul groups get jiggity with the Star Spangled Banner, so why is he dragging them into the hole with him?
3) He's a sports star and for better or worse, there be kids looking up to him
4) If he had any chances for endorsement deals, they're now officially blown

If he's trying to protest the Star Spangled Banner cuz of Slavery, I'd love to see if he'd be making millions in Africa now. You can't be enjoying a millionaire easy life style and criticizing slavery of 200 years ago. If he wants to protest slavery, donate his Lexus and his house to an African charity and then I'd understand his "protest".

And with that video, he can be assured he's screwed himself of several million at his next contract extension. There just won't be that many teams competing for an ignorant, unpatriotic "black" man who smokes pot and drag races cars.

If he doesn't want to stand at attention during the star spangled banner, sure whatever. But saying so on camera is just stupid and 100x more stupid for saying "cuz I'm black".

Chris Rock said it best, "There's Black people, and then theres N..... I love Black people, but I hate N......"

Findog
09-17-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't care what he believes but he's talking into a camera, what did he think would happen?

He thought it was a private moment, which is not a good assumption in the youtube/cellphone camera era.

1) He's set back black people 100 years by making them look ignorant and un-patriotic.

So as a result of this, Jim Crow is back on? Really? Pump your brakes on the hyperbole...besides, while "the flag" might mean soldiers defending our freedom to some, is it so unacceptable to a black man from North Carolina that it might mean something else entirely?

2) WTF does being black have to do with not celebrating the Star Spangled Banner?

Quite a bit.

3) He's a sports star and for better or worse, there be kids looking up to him

Josh Howard isn't responsible for raising your kids, that's your job.

4) If he had any chances for endorsement deals, they're now officially blown

That ship sailed a long time ago in a cloud of smoke....he did have a commercial running here in DFW for Apple Orthodontics, but his teeth are straight now, so I guess that's over with now.

And with that video, he can be assured he's screwed himself of several million at his next contract extension.

Good for him that he signed his new deal last year and nobody will remember this the next time he's a FA.

There just won't be that many teams competing for an ignorant, unpatriotic "black" man who smokes pot and drag races cars.

He'll be well over 30 when he's a FA, so lack of interest in a big contract will probably be due to a decline in his skills.

If he doesn't want to stand at attention during the star spangled banner, sure whatever. But saying so on camera is just stupid and 100x more stupid for saying "cuz I'm black".

First of all, Josh Howard did not go on tv and make these comments. It was indeed stupid and naive to think this wouldn't come out, but does it surprise you that some African-Americans might feel hostility or a lack of reverence for the US of A?

Chris Rock said it best, "There's Black people, and then theres N..... I love Black people, but I hate N......"

Are you black? I think white people lost their n-word privileges a long time ago. No personal offense is intended here, you're one of the better Laker fans on the board and I usually like your takes, just disagree vehemently here. Peace.

Soul_Patch
09-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Exactly, its one thing to be a dumbass on the internet, or with your "nigga's" or whatever...its another thing to be a dumbass when unfortunate kids look up to you to learn how to be when they are your age.

Hence you have the dipshits filming the whole thing, and people on internet message boards trying to act like it wasnt a compelely ignorant thing to say.

No offense to Findog and Monosylawhatever, i dont know you, and you guys are probably OK fellas...id imagine a good 60% of what your spouting here is for reaction factor only...regardless you cant ignore the fact that what he said, how he said it, and the reaction of the peers around him was all grade A dumbassery...you guys are smart enough to at least admit that eh?

Soul_Patch
09-17-2008, 07:13 PM

Your smart enough to not be that ignorant id hope...I dont have to explain the reasoning here do i?

More i read what you guys are spouting, the more it looks like you guys are just trying to argue for the sake of the argument.

Allanon
09-17-2008, 07:21 PM
He thought it was a private moment, which is not a good assumption in the youtube/cellphone camera era.

That does explain some.

So as a result of this, Jim Crow is back on? Really? Pump your brakes on the hyperbole...besides, while "the flag" might mean soldiers defending our freedom to some, is it so unacceptable to a black man from North Carolina that it might mean something else entirely?

If it's about slavery give back the millions to Africa and protest all you want and people will view you as a martyr instead of a dumbass.

Before, I liked JHo, and if I had kids, I wouldn't care if they looked up to him. But now, if I had kids and they said they wanted to be like Josh Howard, I'd beat them until they say "Josh who?"

That ship sailed a long time ago in a cloud of smoke....he did have a commercial running here in DFW for Apple Orthodontics, but his teeth are straight now, so I guess that's over with now.

Good for him that he signed his new deal last year and nobody will remember this the next time he's a FA.
I don't think any team will forget this as they do look into player history when signing a player. Nobody really cares if JHo gets paid or not except JHo and I think he's screwed himself out of millions. His next contract won't be over MLE if he makes it that long in the NBA.

He'll be well over 30 when he's a FA, so lack of interest in a big contract will probably be due to a decline in his skills.
He's 28 now so he'll be 30 at his next contract talks. He's a dumbass, he has only hurt himself and his value with the last couple of dumb moves. He had a promising career only a couple of years ago and now he's the next Ron Artest.

First of all, Josh Howard did not go on tv and make these comments. It was indeed stupid and naive to think this wouldn't come out, but does it surprise you that some African-Americans might feel hostility or a lack of reverence for the US of A?
No not at all. But if you're making millions here in the US of A, wtf are you hostile about? The poor man on the street has plenty of reasons but here's a guy who $10 million a year. If he's angry about slavery, give the millions back to African charities and then I'd applaud his ass. Right now, he's being a hypocrite.

Are you black? I think white people lost their n-word privileges a long time ago. No personal offense is intended here, you're one of the better Laker fans on the board and I usually like your takes, just disagree vehemently here. Peace.

Half-breed, black mom, white dad. And of course, no offense to you and apologize if you are black. I like racial jokes, especially Chris Rock... all in good fun because I think everybody is different in a good way. I got black, asian and white relatives...no hispanic relatives though.

tp2021
09-17-2008, 08:36 PM
i dont know if anyone has posted the AP story link.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/09/17/mavs.howard.ap/index.html

I think its funny how:

1)His agent didn't return calls
2)Donnie Nelson directed questions to Cuban
3)Cuban declined to comment via e-mail

spursnatic
09-17-2008, 09:15 PM
He is a dumb ass!! I bet he is just upset that he did not even get asked to play with the USA in the olympics?:flag::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::fla g:

Anti.Hero
09-17-2008, 09:17 PM
l.o.l.

Allanon
09-17-2008, 09:33 PM
He is a dumb ass!! I bet he is just upset that he did not even get asked to play with the USA in the olympics?:flag::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::fla g:

He did get asked to try out for the Olympic team but he turned it down.

Tully365
09-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Where are the droves of idiots that were advocating Howard in a Spurs uniform all last year?

They're probably having dinner with the fans of J R Smith.

Reggie Miller
09-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Bottom Line: Josh Howard < Malcom X.

monosylab1k
09-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Exactly, its one thing to be a dumbass on the internet, or with your "nigga's" or whatever...its another thing to be a dumbass when unfortunate kids look up to you to learn how to be when they are your age.

Hence you have the dipshits filming the whole thing, and people on internet message boards trying to act like it wasnt a compelely ignorant thing to say.

No offense to Findog and Monosylawhatever, i dont know you, and you guys are probably OK fellas...id imagine a good 60% of what your spouting here is for reaction factor only...regardless you cant ignore the fact that what he said, how he said it, and the reaction of the peers around him was all grade A dumbassery...you guys are smart enough to at least admit that eh?

I've not used one word in this thread defending Josh Howard. I despise the guy and wish he wasn't on the Mavericks.

I've only spoken out against the Toby Keith "We'll put a boot in your ass if you don't stand for the national anthem" idiocy being spouted.

And honestly, Josh Howard could post a video on YouTube of himself jacking off onto an American flag, and I wouldn't give two shits about it if he would attack the basket aggressively and play hard-nosed defense. His life outside the game of basketball is his own business.

Is he an idiot for what he said and did? Most people think so, and that's just fine with me. He deserves no defense. But my grievances against him are the fact that his actions represent how little he cares about his role on the team.

Biggems
09-17-2008, 10:15 PM

while sitting are you spewing obscenities and running down this country? i mean it is your right to do so if you do, but i would hope that you aren't. as far as you choosing not to stand during the anthem....i don't like it, i don't respect it, however, you have that right and so be it. I am not going to judge you, insult you, or even threaten you with violence. I agree with Tully on this stance. besides, people that are confined to wheelchairs don't stand either.

I not know why they play national anthems at sporting events, however, I am glad they do. I also stand tall and sing the anthem. I even get teary eyed, cause everytime I hear it, I think about all of the members of my family and other families who have fought for the freedoms that I possess. It hits me all the way to the bone, and I get misty.

We all have our little beliefs that others disagree with or get irked by.

Biggems
09-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I guess Josh Howard is a slave like Warren Sapp..........I wish Kunta was still alive, he would be walking around on two nubs after breaking a foot off in each of their pompous asses.

Trainwreck2100
09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Bottom Line: Josh Howard < Malcom X.

we didn't land on Jason Kidd Jason Kidd landed on us

MrChug
09-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah because if I was ashamed of the Mavericks and wanted a team that could win a title, it makes perfect sense to jump onto the Oklahoma City Thunder bandwagon. What a bunch of fuckin dickheads.

Which puts your logic of being a jumper (off the Mavs bandwagon...which gives you a SMALLER penis) more logic SONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC

BUMP
09-18-2008, 12:12 AM
4 minutes of pure ignorance

Obstructed_View
09-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Is he an idiot for what he said and did? Most people think so, and that's just fine with me. He deserves no defense. But my grievances against him are the fact that his actions represent how little he cares about his role on the team.

+1. It's just sad that he keeps not thinking about what he says, or how it's going to affect his team. Now the other guys on the Mavericks have some more stupid bullshit to have to answer questions about when they should be getting ready for the season.

ducks
09-18-2008, 03:12 PM
this is why rc did not pick josh howard to be a spur

Obstructed_View
09-18-2008, 03:17 PM
this is why rc did not pick josh howard to be a spur
It certainly makes not selecting him easier to accept.

Spur-Addict
09-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I agree too, Josh Howard's a friggin' idiot over this national anthem stunt.

2) WTF does being black have to do with not celebrating the Star Spangled Banner? I've seen quite a few soul groups get jiggity with the Star Spangled Banner, so why is he dragging them into the hole with him?
3) He's a sports star and for better or worse, there be kids looking up to him4) If he had any chances for endorsement deals, they're now officially blown

If he's trying to protest the Star Spangled Banner cuz of Slavery, I'd love to see if he'd be making millions in Africa now. You can't be enjoying a millionaire easy life style and criticizing slavery of 200 years ago. If he wants to protest slavery, donate his Lexus and his house to an African charity and then I'd understand his "protest".

And with that video, he can be assured he's screwed himself of several million at his next contract extension. There just won't be that many teams competing for an ignorant, unpatriotic "black" man who smokes pot and drag races cars.

1.) False
3.) Parental responsibility

Why can’t he make money and criticize the system which devastated his people? Rich black people aren’t allowed to protest because they are rich? That is some flat out bullshit. So if I’m a educated and informed person on this subject and also rich, I can’t critique the system? (I’m not calling Howard a scholar) The issue with his statements is the fact that he didn’t support his claims properly. "I'm black" isn't a sufficient explanation (in my opinion), but this is America, and apparently all people don't need sufficient explanations to say what they want.

I’m also trying to understand what present day Africa has to do with the descendants of Africans who were enslaved. So, the people who haven’t been enslaved by Americans deserve money/compensation? What the fuck are you talking about? If anything he should give back to the people whom descended from those who were enslaved (although this isn’t his responsibility). The issue of Africa although unjust, has nothing to do with this exact portion of this issue.

Findog
09-18-2008, 04:56 PM
The stupidest thing I've heard is that Josh shouldn't criticize this country on the grounds that he is rich. Sorry, but as freedarko eloquently put it, if he were angry before and isn't now, we'd call him a sellout. Money doesn't change people, it reveals them.

monosylab1k
09-18-2008, 05:00 PM
On another note, the whole "Parents should raise their kids, not Josh Howard" argument is true, but at the same time let's remember that Josh is the one that's positioned himself as someone for kids to look up to. He's the one holding basketball camps and softball games and participating in flag football games and so on.

IMO any "he's a role model to kids" criticism is well deserved because he is the one that has put himself out there as a role model.

Allanon
09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
1.) False

A monkey can push a button that types out "false", but it is much more intelligent to explain why.

Why can’t he make money and criticize the system which devastated his people? Rich black people aren’t allowed to protest because they are rich? That is some flat out bullshit. So if I’m a educated and informed person on this subject and also rich, I can’t critique the system? (I’m not calling Howard a scholar) The issue with his statements is the fact that he didn’t support his claims properly. "I'm black" isn't a sufficient explanation (in my opinion), but this is America, and apparently all people don't need sufficient explanations to say what they want.

What is he protesting about? If he's rich and protesting the fact that slavery happened, that's obviously bullshit. You can't have money and protest slavery and say "I protest because I'm black". If it weren't for slavery, you wouldn't be rich as hell so give that shit back if you want to protest. It's like saying "I'm against abortion but I run an abortion clinic because it makes me Rich".

I have no problem with people who protest slavery, but if you be protesting slavery, don't be enjoying the advantages that being a 3rd generation american black man gives you. If Josh Howard's ancestors were never kidnapped to America, he'd be hanging around somewhere in the African desert instead of rolling with millions in his pockets.

What the fuck are you talking about? If anything he should give back to the people whom descended from those who were enslaved (although this isn’t his responsibility). The issue of Africa although unjust, has nothing to do with this exact portion of this issue.

How the fuck do you know what Josh Howard is protesting about in the first place? That dumbshit only said because "He was black". I said IF he is protesting slavery then YES, modern day Africa would be relevant because he would be living there. Why would he give back to the descendants of the original slaves...he ain't related to them. You think Josh Howard would even consider giving away his money to anybody? No that dude is living a baller life

I don't know what the fuck he meant when he said "Cuz I'm black", that is why I posed it as a QUESTION.

monosylab1k
09-18-2008, 05:09 PM
You do know that slavery is far from the most recent example of gross injustice towards black people (or any minority for that matter) in this country? Not that Josh Howard was personally affected by any of it, but most definitely his grandmother (who he was really close to) was.

rAm
09-18-2008, 05:13 PM
A monkey can push a button that types out "false", but it is much more intelligent to explain why.

What is he protesting about? If he's rich and protesting the fact that slavery happened, that's obviously bullshit. You can't have money and protest slavery and say "I protest because I'm black". If it weren't for slavery, you wouldn't be rich as hell so give that shit back if you want to protest. It's like saying "I'm against abortion but I run an abortion clinic because it makes me Rich".

I have no problem with people who protest slavery, but if you be protesting slavery, don't be enjoying the advantages that being a 3rd generation american black man gives you. If Josh Howard's ancestors were never kidnapped to America, he'd be hanging around somewhere in the African desert instead of rolling with millions in his pockets.

How the fuck do you know what Josh Howard is protesting about in the first place? That dumbshit only said because "He was black". I said IF he is protesting slavery then YES, modern day Africa would be relevant because he would be living there. Why would he give back to the descendants of the original slaves...he ain't related to them. You think Josh Howard would even consider giving away his money to anybody? No that dude is living a baller life

I don't know what the fuck he meant when he said "Cuz I'm black", that is why I posed it as a QUESTION.

TRUE that.

Spur-Addict
09-18-2008, 05:16 PM

How the fuck do you know what Josh Howard is protesting about in the first place? That dumbshit only said because "He was black". I said IF he is protesting slavery then YES, modern day Africa would be relevant because he would be living there.

Your analogy is shit because Howard isn't using slavery directly make him a rich man. Excuse me, I must go laugh now :lol

Allanon
You do know that slavery is far from the most recent example of gross injustice towards black people (or any minority for that matter) in this country? Not that Josh Howard was personally affected by any of it, but most definitely his grandmother (who he was really close to) was.

There are plenty of injustices, let's hear them. Perhaps Josh Howard can explain? I don't know one way or the other because all he said was "Cuz I'm black".

Saying "I don't do that shit cuz I'm black" doesn't cut it. How come he didn't say "I don't do that shit cuz I don't want to". Because this idiot said "cuz I'm black". My mom's black and she sings the Star Spangled banner with pride, why is Josh Howard trying to speak for her too?

"Cuz I'm black"...fuckin' ignorant shit.

Allanon
Your analogy is shit because Howard isn't using slavery directly make him a rich man. Excuse me, I must go laugh now :lol

So before you go off laughing, tell us what Howard meant by "Cuz I'm black"?

As for the analogy, you're saying if there was no slavery, Josh Howard would still be a rich basketball player in the USA? He would just magically get transported from Africa to the USA?

Findog
09-18-2008, 05:19 PM
If he's rich and protesting the fact that slavery happened, that's obviously bullshit. You can't have money and protest slavery and say "I protest because I'm black".

Josh Howard has undoubtedly suffered because he is black. The fact that he signed a big contract when he made it to the NBA doesn't change that. Any person who grew up black in the country has suffered at some point because of the color of their skin. Josh Howard hasn't suffered from slavery or Jim Crow, but he HAS suffered from institutional racism at some point in his life. Black men are far more likely to be imprisoned, unemployed, to die of a violent crime, or die of disease. None of those things have happened to Howard, but it is simply false to say that because he is a rich black person NOW that he hasn't had to contend with racism at some point in his life. As has been said, it's not surprising that blacks might feel some hostility towards the United States or might not buy into the July 4th and Mom's Apple Pie ethos that others may feel towards the flag and the national anthem.

Allanon
09-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Josh Howard has undoubtedly suffered because he is black. The fact that he signed a big contract when he made it to the NBA doesn't change that. Any person who grew up black in the country has suffered at some point because of the color of their skin. Josh Howard hasn't suffered from slavery or Jim Crow, but he HAS suffered from institutional racism at some point in his life. Black men are far more likely to be imprisoned, unemployed, to die of a violent crime, or die of disease. None of those things have happened to Howard, but it is simply false to say that because he is a rich black person NOW that he hasn't had to contend with racism at some point in his life.

Ok, let's say he's had racism in his life and I'm sure he has.

What does racism have to do with the Star Spangled Banner? That's not the KKK chant, this is the United States Anthem which he is a citizen of as are most black people living in the US. Is he saying he is against America cuz he's black? If he is, that's even more wrong for including "Cuz I'm black" because most black people feel they are US citizens. Team USA (basketball) was entirely black, and I have never seen a prouder group stand up there when the anthem was playing.

And you have good opinions, we're just talking here cuz I'd like to know.

Spur-Addict
09-18-2008, 05:34 PM

The person, Josh Howard, set back is himself. If another black person presents themselves as ignorant it is possible they may be set back. But, your use of a universal isn't true. One black person does not represent all black people.

So before you go off laughing, tell us what Howard meant by "Cuz I'm black"?

As for the analogy, you're saying if there was no slavery, Josh Howard would still be a rich basketball player in the USA? He would just magically get transported from Africa to the USA?

How I am to know what Howard meant? That's apart of my explanation. I'm not sure if you are following me sir. I did not say Howard would still be rich, nor did I say he would still be an American, maybe you should go look and see what i'm debating.

Findog
09-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Ok, let's say he's had racism in his life and I'm sure he has.

What does racism have to do with the Star Spangled Banner? That's not the KKK chant, this is the United States Anthem which he is a citizen of as are most black people living in the US. Is he saying he is against America cuz he's black? If he is, that's even more wrong for including "Cuz I'm black" because most black people feel they are US citizens. Team USA (basketball) was entirely black, and I have never seen a prouder group stand up there when the anthem was playing.

And you have good opinions, we're just talking here cuz I'd like to know.

I think what racism has to do with the anthem is kind of in line with what Michelle Obama once said about how she was "proud" of the United States for the first time in her life. Knowing that your ancestors were slaves, your parents and grandparents were under the heel of Jim Crow, and you at some point in your life have had the n-word thrown in your face or gone to a school that was falling apart and didn't have new textbooks like the nice, suburban white school, I think that explains the lack of reverence for the flag and the anthem. I should also point out that this was at a flag football game and everybody was goofing of and clowning around for the camera. I'm pretty sure if the guy decided to give an interview, his tone and remarks would be a lot less jovial in making the same point.

Allanon
09-18-2008, 05:45 PM
The person, Josh Howard, set back is himself. If another black person presents themselves as ignorant it is possible they may be set back. But, your use of a universal isn't true. One black person does not represent all black people.

He said he's "black". If Brad Miller says he hates Blacks "cuz I'm white" don't you think he's implying that it's a racial thing? If JHo said "I don't do that shit cuz I don't want to", then he would have been fine. Because he said "I'm black", he's implying that black people don't do the Star Spangled banner. THAT was the ignorant part, you want to disrespect the anthem, go ahead but don't bring your race into it.

How I am to know what Howard meant? That's apart of my explanation. I'm not sure if you are following me sir. I did not say Howard would still be rich, nor did I say he would still be an American, maybe you should go look and see what i'm debating.

Neither you nor I know what he meant other than he said "Cuz I'm black". I brought up slavery as one possibility and I defended that possibility. Josh Howard is a rich man today because his ancestors were slaves. You were saying slavery was not directly responsible for him being rich, and I say it is. "Howard isn't using slavery directly make him a rich man".

Spur-Addict
09-18-2008, 05:52 PM
He said he's "black". If Brad Miller says he hates Blacks "cuz I'm white" don't you think he's implying that it's a racial thing? If JHo said "I don't do that shit cuz I don't want to", then he would have been fine. Because he said "I'm black", he's implying that black people don't do the Star Spangled banner. THAT was the ignorant part, you want to disrespect the anthem, go ahead but don't bring your race into it.

Neither you nor I know what he meant other than he said "Cuz I'm black". I brought up slavery as one possibility and I defended that possibility. Josh Howard is a rich man today because his ancestors were slaves. You were saying slavery was not directly responsible for him being rich, and I say it is. "Howard isn't using slavery directly make him a rich man".

It doesn’t matter what he implies about the black people of America, he is only one black man. All black people do not interact with Josh Howard and agree with his concepts. Any person who thinks he represents all black people is an idiot.

Josh Howard did not use the institution of slavery to directly benefit himself financially. Running an abortion clinic directly benefits the abortion clinic runner from abortion. See the difference?

Allanon
09-18-2008, 05:54 PM
I think what racism has to do with the anthem is kind of in line with what Michelle Obama once said about how she was "proud" of the United States for the first time in her life. Knowing that your ancestors were slaves, your parents and grandparents were under the heel of Jim Crow, and you at some point in your life have had the n-word thrown in your face or gone to a school that was falling apart and didn't have new textbooks like the nice, suburban white school, I think that explains the lack of reverence for the flag and the anthem. I should also point out that this was at a flag football game and everybody was goofing of and clowning around for the camera. I'm pretty sure if the guy decided to give an interview, his tone and remarks would be a lot less jovial in making the same point.

Growing up I was black as helll, I didn't lighten up until later on in high school so I know the racism targetted at blacks. But at the same time, for every 1 N...word thrown at me, there were 10 other nice white people helping me out. I don't hate white people, I hate racists.

Josh Howard today is a rich American citizen, he isn't enslaved, he isn't poor and I'm sure he's had his fair share of white booty. He's enjoying the benefits of what America has provided and what the anthem represents.

But I agree, if it was on the down low, then he can say whatever he wants. If he knew it would be public, he wouldn't have said it. He just got caught saying something really ignorant and now that's gonna cost him. That's the dumbass part.

Allanon
09-18-2008, 06:05 PM
It doesn’t matter what he implies about the black people of America, he is only one black man. All black people do not interact with Josh Howard and agree with his concepts. Any person who thinks he represents all black people is an idiot.

When one black person in a public position says something racial, it represents his race. The world is not black and white where what person A says does not affect person B.

Back in the earlier racial days, if 1 black man raped a white woman, you'd hear of other black people getting beat up because of what that 1 black man did.

Just like Obama, he is only 1 black man and an American. But he represents the black race, if he screws it up, you won't see another black man in office for 50 years.

One man can cause an entire race to be labeled.

Josh Howard did not use the institution of slavery to directly benefit himself financially. Running an abortion clinic directly benefits the abortion clinic runner from abortion. See the difference?

Josh Howard is not directly using slavery because if he was still a slave, he wouldn't be a rich ass dude. But, he is using the benefits which slavery ultimately provided...a chance to make it rich in America. He would never have been in America in the first place if it weren't for slavery.

monosylab1k
09-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Oh fucking hell, what kind of convoluted nebulous ass soapbox are you yelling from? Do you even know at this point?

I just wish it was a swim meet and Josh said "I don't do no swimmin cuz I'm black", nobody would give a shit about any of this.

Spur-Addict
09-18-2008, 06:16 PM
When one black person in a public position says something racial, it represents his race. The world is not black and white where what person A says does not affect person B.

Just like Obama, he is only 1 black man. But he represents the black race, if he screws it up, you won't see another black man in office for 50 years.

One man can cause an entire race to be labeled.

Josh Howard is not directly using slavery because if he was still a slave, he wouldn't be a rich ass dude. But, he is using the benefits which slavery ultimately provided...a chance to make it rich in America. He would never have been in America in the first place if it weren't for slavery.

Obama does not represent the black race. Are there black republicans? There certainly are, they were on C-Span about a month ago. Also, I know some black republicans. White republicans who know these black republicans do not associate them with Obama. They are aligned with them.

Josh Howard was born into this system, he didn’t have a choice. Aside from that, apart of this system is to critique it anyways. Howard living here period lets him benefit off the system without his choice, especially as a child. If he has no choice, why not benefit the most he possibly can against a system that has historically oppressed his people?

If he were to leave and go to Africa, most likely he doesn't speak the language, and most likely knows no one. He would be as much as a standout as other people aside from his skin color. He's African in regards to his skin color, but that's it. If a white Russian who is british in regards to nationality who is historically Russian went to Russia and didn't speak Russian, or know any Russians, he wouldn't be a white Russian. It's like going on vacation, you just don't fit in.

Xylus
09-18-2008, 06:19 PM
As far as I understand it, the United States government was created by a bunch of guys who told the established authority to fuck off. They wouldn't have detailed the freedom of speech in the very 1st amendment of the Constitution if it wasn't extremely important to them, as well as a vital ingredient of a free country.

I don't think there's anything unpatriotic about disliking the national anthem, or not saying the Pledge, or about anything that Josh Howard said. In fact, based on the actions of the Founding Fathers, I'd say it's actually patriotic to question your government and any institution related to it. This is, after all, a government of the people, by the people, for the people. Not the other way around.

This whole Josh Howard thing is a complete non-issue to me. So is Findog's decision not to sing the national anthem.

I wonder how Gino would treat Findog if Findog was an army veteran.

Allanon
09-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Obama does not represent the black race. Are there black republicans? There certainly are, they were on C-Span about a month ago. Also, I know some black republicans. White republicans who know these black republicans do not associate them with Obama. They are aligned with them.

If you don't think Obama represents the black people of America, I don't know what else to say.

Josh Howard was born into this system, he didn’t have a choice. Aside from that, apart of this system is to critique it anyways. Howard living here period lets him benefit off the system without his choice, especially as a child. If he has no choice, why not benefit the most he possibly can against a system that has historically oppressed his people?
There's nothing wrong with that. He took advantage of the benefits of the system...so why is he now dissing that same system? It worked rather great for him.

If he were to leave and go to Africa, most likely he doesn't speak the language, and most likely knows no one. He would be as much as a standout as other people aside from his skin color. He's African in regards to his skin color, but that's it. If a white British person who is historically Russian went to Russia and didn't speak Russian, or know any Russians, he wouldn't be a white Russian. It's like going on vacation, you just don't fit in.
Yes, he wouldn't fit in, he's not African except from the gene pool. He's black but he's also American. The Star Spangled banner represents America, it's not the white people anthem, it's the American anthem.

If he wants to diss his country's anthem, sure go ahead but don't say it's because he's black because that has nothing to do with it. Saying you don't sing the anthem makes you sound un-patriotic which is whatever, but saying it's because you're black is just ignorant.