PDA

View Full Version : Is Head n Shoulders thinning out anyone else hair or giving white hairs

Chief
09-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Man, I´m only 26, after years and years of using head n shoulders, Ive been noticing that my hair is not as thick as it was years ago, i even have a few white hairs.

I did some mediocre research on the internet and supposedly a lot of people who use head n shoulders report thinning of their hair, i guess because of the chemicals

I guess i have to switch to some natural shampoo or something or anything that's not as harsh. any recommendations, what do you all use ?

Blake
09-16-2008, 11:06 AM
sure, blame it on the H&S...... :lol

ElBorracho
09-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Tres Flores is all I ever use and I still have all my hair.

Chief
09-16-2008, 11:08 AM
sure, blame it on the H&S...... :lol

oh man so it begins :lol

no for real ill stop using it and after a week or two everything will return to normal, but i need that anti dandruff power, i dunno what to use

mrsmaalox
09-16-2008, 11:09 AM
oh man so it begins :lol

no for real ill stop using it and after a week or two everything will return to normal, but i need that anti dandruff power, i dunno what to use

Just don't use it every time you shampoo; maybe just once or twice per week.

Richard Cranium
09-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Just don't use it every time you shampoo; maybe just once or twice per week.

And throw in some Rogaine on the other days.

TDMVPDPOY
09-16-2008, 11:13 AM
maybe manjuice will help you

dude im in the same position also

Viva Las Espuelas
09-16-2008, 11:14 AM
it's called genetics. i heard we get our hair traits from our mothers' side.

remingtonbo2001
09-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Huh.

I use H&S Shampoo/Conditioner and noticed last year I was getting white hairs in my eyebrows. I was also getting random white hairs along my sides.

Any natural shampoo/conditioners?

NFO
09-16-2008, 12:06 PM
You are not supposed to use the same hair product day in and day out.

Mix it up a littleb bit. I have three shampoos in my shower and I rotate them every three days, and on of them is H&S and my hair has not thinned out at all.

King
09-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Does the use of Head and Shoulders coincide with you getting older?

JudynTX
09-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Your hair is falling out, WTF? :lol

Shelly
09-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Try Neutrogena
http://www.neutrogena.com/haircare/ProductsLine_7_11_3.asp#

Blake
09-16-2008, 01:55 PM
come to think of it......I seem to recall Bruce Willis saying that he loved using Head & Shoulders......

Now I think he uses Turtle Wax

mrsmaalox
09-16-2008, 02:27 PM
come to think of it......I seem to recall Bruce Willis saying that he loved using Head & Shoulders......

Now I think he uses Turtle Wax

:lmao

Kriz-Maxima
09-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Use Selsum Blue for your dandruff.

ashbeeigh
09-16-2008, 02:46 PM
You are not supposed to use the same hair product day in and day out.

Mix it up a littleb bit. I have three shampoos in my shower and I rotate them every three days, and on of them is H&S and my hair has not thinned out at all.

+1 for that. I have Dove & L'Oreal in the shower. I preferred the Dove though.

Chief, the H&S is most likely drying your scalp out even more then it already was before your started using it. Any Dandruff like shampoo, imo, is usually only good for you in that condition. Otherwise switch to normal shampoo; like for "normal hair" "oily hair" or "curly hair" or even "no hair." j/k on the last one.

Brutalis
09-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Get Suave for Men, blue bottle, shampoo+conditioner. Been using it for years and it's good stuff.

Findog
09-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Man, I´m only 26, after years and years of using head n shoulders, Ive been noticing that my hair is not as thick as it was years ago, i even have a few white hairs.

I did some mediocre research on the internet and supposedly a lot of people who use head n shoulders report thinning of their hair, i guess because of the chemicals

I guess i have to switch to some natural shampoo or something or anything that's not as harsh. any recommendations, what do you all use ?

You're going bald.

Wild Cobra
09-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Well, my opinion is your genetics are such that you are going bald early.

Do you know the family history of the male members on both you father's and mother's family?

Second of all, it is possible the shampoo. If I recall, because of the chemicals in it for dandruff control. It is only suppose to be used once or twice a week. I haven't used it for years. The Aloe Vera shampoo I use keeps my scalp in great shape.

Chief
09-16-2008, 04:34 PM
no im not going bald , i just have 2 white hairs, lol

my grandpa never went bald, my dad yes, i dunno

thanks for the replies everyone.

Heath Ledger
09-16-2008, 04:38 PM
gray hairs/white hairs are normal starting in your mid to late twenties, yo will see more and more of them each year.

1Parker1
09-16-2008, 04:38 PM
I use Pantene, and have for years, except for a few years ago I tried Herbal Hessance. I heard Pantene does the same thing too..make u lose ur hair. Although I don't have that problem, in fact, I seem to lose a lot of hair everytime I showever, however, my hair is still very thick.

Anyways, I think dandruff shampoos like H&S, they say u shouldn't use during every wash because it can cause u to get a dry scalp or something.

Das Texan
09-16-2008, 05:29 PM
i've been using head and shoulders now for what? 20 years?

no white hairs or thinning hair.

must be you.

IronMexican
09-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Tres Flores is all I ever use and I still have all my hair.

:lmao Reminds me of my uncles.

Chief
09-16-2008, 06:22 PM
i've been using head and shoulders now for what? 20 years?

no white hairs or thinning hair.

must be you.

everyday ? sometimes twice if ur working out

Pero
09-16-2008, 06:54 PM

Damn, this is funny (well not really), I was thinking about this for a while now... I've been using Head n Shoulders too for quite some time now, and in the past month or so, I've started to lose a lot of hair while showering. But I'm not sure if it's normal or not, because right now I have pretty long hair for me, while I usually have really short hair. Maybe I just didn't notice before.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Selsun Blue or Suave.

The Reckoning
09-16-2008, 08:12 PM
hotel shampoo ive jacked

Das Texan
09-16-2008, 10:52 PM
everyday ? sometimes twice if ur working out

ya pretty much.

Marklar MM
09-16-2008, 11:41 PM
My hairs been turning grey since I got a girlfriend. I am turning 21 soon.

Chief
09-17-2008, 02:20 PM
My hairs been turning grey since I got a girlfriend. I am turning 21 soon.

:lol