PDA

View Full Version : Manu Has To Chill Out During His Recovery

duncan228
09-16-2008, 02:02 PM
ARG - Manu has to chill out during his recovery (http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/28524/arti.html)

BUENOS AIRES (FIBA/NBA) - Manu Ginobili carried the flag for Argentina at the Opening Ceremony of this year's Olympics and then helped propel his country to an appearance in the semi-finals.

Ginobili isn't having quite as many thrills these days, however.

The veteran guard recently had an operation on the ankle injury that forced him out of Argentina's semi-final defeat to the United States and kept him from playing in the bronze-medal win over Lithuania.

Ginobili is now at home resting and recovering, hoping to be ready when the new NBA season tips off.

"I am very surprised at how I´ve reacted," Ginobili said.

"I have always been hyperactive but I knew this time I had to be patient. I spend my days at home, watching films - all sedentary, really."

Ginobili usually makes recommendations on certain plays to run during a game.

Now?

"If I had to recommend a film that I have watched, I would say "Gone Baby Gone".

"It´s not a recent release, but I´m watching everything, recovering time.

"I also watched the Davis Cup. It was recommended to me to have my leg up as much as possible and that is what I´m doing. Then I use the crutches and every so often I go and look up something on the internet."

Ginobili is, quite simply, being patient in the knowledge that his ankle will eventually heal.

"I know I will need to go little by little in terms of recovering," he said. "Although I don´t notice any pain, for the time being I can´t put pressure on my foot.

"Tomorrow (Tuesday) I will have the cast off and then I will slowly start the recovering process.

"I am calm, filling myself with a lot of patience and thinking of doing things well to return to playing."

FIBA
9/16/08

ducks
09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
he better watch film
and be ready to kick ass

urunobili
09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
was reading the same article on FIBA.com! he has been VERY active posting on some threads on his own forum as well :) he actually asked all the posters to give him movies recommendations... he had to stop them as they were way too many and he said he wouldn't have time to go over them...

ducks
09-16-2008, 02:17 PM
yeah lets watch movies instead of nba tapes to improve

duncan228
09-16-2008, 02:21 PM
was reading the same article on FIBA.com! he has been VERY active posting on some threads on his own forum as well :)

I love how he stays in touch with his fans. It's pretty cool that an elite athlete does that, and he does it even when he's not laid up recovering from surgery.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-16-2008, 02:22 PM

then WTF are you doing here posting bitch. Go do something productive! Practice what you preach!

Kori Ellis
09-16-2008, 02:38 PM

Enough already! Got damn.

ducks
09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
then WTF are you doing here posting bitch. Go do something productive! Practice what you preach!

waiting for windows to install
windows takes forever to load
THANKS BILL LOSER GATES
and working on 6 window machines and posting
pretty productive
especially for an amercian huh

Darthkiller
09-16-2008, 02:42 PM

do you study all day during your summer break?

ducks
09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
I work 16 hour days 5 days a week
and work 4-7 hours a day on saturday

ducks
09-16-2008, 02:44 PM

I also watch one movie a month maybe

ducks
09-16-2008, 02:46 PM

are you in school?

johnsmith
09-16-2008, 02:46 PM
It's funny to me how many folks outside of the United States post on this website and still have a better grasp on the English language then ducks................by quite a bit too.

ducks
09-16-2008, 02:48 PM
you know what brent favre stayed up and watch filmed last year
you know what
that was one of his best years ever
you know why he was so good
he stayed up light and burned the midnight oil watching film

ducks
09-16-2008, 02:48 PM
It's funny to me how many folks outside of the United States post on this website and still have a better grasp on the English language then ducks................by quite a bit too.

and this is from a person who likes the denver bronco's:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

the team that breaks down replay equipment and pays the ref to blow a whislte when he is not suppose to

koriwhat
09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
waiting for windows to install
windows takes forever to load
THANKS BILL LOSER GATES
and working on 6 window machines and posting
pretty productive
especially for an amercian huh

oh no so hard to install windows.... productivity to a standstill! oh wait it is windows so yeah productivity will no doubt come to a standstill.

Biernutz
09-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Manu if you are watching movies, might I suggest-----

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/genehackman.jpg

smeagol
09-16-2008, 03:55 PM
ducks hates LBJ, Bill Gates and Manu with the same passion . . .

Manufan909
09-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Manu if you are watching movies, might I suggest-----

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/genehackman.jpg

That movie rocks, what's it called?