PDA

View Full Version : Barrel of oil at $90

smeagol
09-16-2008, 02:04 PM
In an election-dominated political board, I'm predicting this thread will sink fast. But what the hell!

I hope this sucker goes to $30 again. Chavez and thoses Saudis are going to be crying like fucking babies.

2centsworth
09-16-2008, 02:06 PM
In an election-dominated political board, I'm predicting this thread will sink fast. But what the hell!

I hope this sucker goes to $30 again. Chavez and thoses Saudis are going to be crying like fucking babies.

we need to continue to conserve, increase supply, and develop alternatives.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-16-2008, 02:14 PM
i wonder what russia will have to say about low oil prices.

Wild Cobra
09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
i wonder what russia will have to say about low oil prices.
They are likely part of the reason for the prices dropping. They have some pretty large reserves they've been developing. Let's hope they pump and pump, and laugh at OPEC!

Viva Las Espuelas
09-16-2008, 02:21 PM
They are likely part of the reason for the prices dropping. They have some pretty large reserves they've been developing. Let's hope they pump and pump, and laugh at OPEC!
i say that because they rely on high oil prices.

Wild Cobra
09-16-2008, 02:28 PM
i say that because they rely on high oil prices.

Sure, it's been a nice boost for them. The citizens and state of Alaska also rely on high prices. However, if they can increase their market share, they increase their income as well, and put more people to work. If they could double their production, prices will drop some. However, they will likely still get at least another 50% revenue.