PDA

View Full Version : FSP posters of a historical nature?

Rummpd
02-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Today I see Sparky and Mouse back
Recently it was Angel Luv

Who are the most distant posters, eccentric, or periodic posters that come and have apparently went into "etherspace" for those of us only around 1 year or so this forum?

Also, when did this whole great forum start and how?

travis2
02-10-2005, 02:17 PM
*clearing throat*

FSP started in March 2003 after the owners escaped from the Land of Big Brother. Initially joined by a small cadre of true believers, the new experiment in Spurs fandom has quickly become the world leader in news, discussion, and goodies.

Almost immediately, the Land of Big Brother declared war on the fledgeling FSP; however, since most of the tactical genius had associated itself with FSP, the fact of sheer numbers could not overcome the quality brought forth in the new dawn.

Rumors of the defeat of Big Brother traveled far and wide, and soon there were displaced, closeted, and newly-converted Spurs fans seeking asylum where they could experience the full spectrum of fan activities free from the chains of dictatorial tactics. The benevolent founders welcomed one and all with open arms.

While the open-border policies have sometimes resulted in undesirable aliens sneaking over the borders and launching terrorist attacks, the overall effect has been one of rejuvenation of somewhat stale ideas and the introduction of new ways of participating in Spurs fandom.

exstatic
02-10-2005, 02:33 PM
f7

Shelly
02-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Dude, it's all about SPARKY and his one billion screen names!

exstatic
02-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Dude, it's all about SPARKY and his one billion screen names!
My ignore list is getting full.

SPARKY
02-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Make it one billion and one, honeypie.

TwoHandJam
02-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Admiral stopped by here a little while back but I haven't seen him in a while. Maybe he knows I'm winning the Manu > Jack bet we had. Hmmmmmm.

Morphgizmo
02-10-2005, 04:36 PM
I started reading this "group" back in mid 2000 when Sp**s Re***t was on EZ-Board. Seems like a million years ago.

Hell, that was when SpursFan was well, SpursFan. ;)

SPARKY
02-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I remember him.

T Park
02-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Admiral.

What about whats his face, the Tiger guy?

Lived in california. Ultra liberal.

Solid D
02-10-2005, 04:47 PM
FunkTiger...but I'm not sure he ever posted here.

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Admiral is busy with med school but still around periodically. Funk hasn't posted here and f7 is scarce.

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Today I see Sparky and Mouse back

When have they ever been gone? I think both of those posters have posted here almost every day since this forum began (under one name or another).

timvp
02-10-2005, 04:52 PM
*clearing throat*

FSP started in March 2003 after the owners escaped from the Land of Big Brother. Initially joined by a small cadre of true believers, the new experiment in Spurs fandom has quickly become the world leader in news, discussion, and goodies.

Almost immediately, the Land of Big Brother declared war on the fledgeling FSP; however, since most of the tactical genius had associated itself with FSP, the fact of sheer numbers could not overcome the quality brought forth in the new dawn.

Rumors of the defeat of Big Brother traveled far and wide, and soon there were displaced, closeted, and newly-converted Spurs fans seeking asylum where they could experience the full spectrum of fan activities free from the chains of dictatorial tactics. The benevolent founders welcomed one and all with open arms.

While the open-border policies have sometimes resulted in undesirable aliens sneaking over the borders and launching terrorist attacks, the overall effect has been one of rejuvenation of somewhat stale ideas and the introduction of new ways of participating in Spurs fandom.

Well said.

SPARKY
02-10-2005, 04:53 PM
I did take a break around the end of last year for a couple of weeks.

SPARKY
02-10-2005, 04:54 PM
FunkTiger...but I'm not sure he ever posted here.

I don't recall him being here. He was one of the old school members in Big Brotherland.

Shelly
02-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Make it one billion and one, honeypie.

Dang! Off by one. :depressed

T Park
02-10-2005, 04:55 PM
No, I just brought him up since we were talking about guys that havent been around in a long time.

He did make great counter points and made you think.

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Funk retired to spend time with his wife and baby.

whottt
02-10-2005, 05:05 PM
I always thought FSP was founded for Spurfans who like the F word.

coz
02-10-2005, 05:34 PM
The only thing anyone missed on the old forum (Land of Big Brother) was AHF's 4-Down diagram. The topics were so watered down and "regulated" that searching the posts for solid points was mind numbing.

jaffies
02-10-2005, 05:37 PM
I remember back in my day we didn't have these dang internets...
now all them whippersnappers are paradin' around talkin' bout crazy things like...electricity..and...indoor plumbing...crazy talk I tellya

ALVAREZ6
02-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Angel Luv is busy, and can't get much internet access reccently, she told me to tell you guys.

Buenos Hairys
02-10-2005, 05:40 PM
I LUV ANGEL REPEATEDLY

Solid D
02-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Herbivore Female :smokin

Phenomanul
02-10-2005, 06:26 PM
I remember back in my day we didn't have these dang internets...
now all them whippersnappers are paradin' around talkin' bout crazy things like...electricity..and...indoor plumbing...crazy talk I tellya

Classic Abe Simpson quote :lol :lol