PDA

View Full Version : NBA Top 50: Carmelo Anthony (No. 22) makes me want to vomit

sook
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
NBA Top 50: Carmelo Anthony (No. 22)

Tom ZillerPosted Sep 16th 2008 3:00PM by Tom Ziller (author feed)
Filed under: Nuggets

FanHouse's Tom Ziller argues his ranking of the top 50 players in the NBA.

On the topic of overwhelming potency, few match Carmelo Anthony's weaponry. 'Melo's specific moves have been ogled perhaps more than those of any other current star: his assault of jabs, brawny pushes and flutters has become so infamous among the game's closest observers that even the casual recognize his powerful arsenal as spectacular.

But is the overwhelming output enough to squelch doubts about the rest of his game? I think those concerns are overblown, and the true nature of 'Melo is quite misunderstood.

First, rebounding: 'Melo get creamed for his rebounding. Anthony was #11 in rebound rate among small forwards last year ... just one spot behind LeBron James and ahead of guys like Luol Deng and Caron Butler. It was the best rate of Anthony's young career, yes. But he should be absolved of any rebounding criticisms going forward. He is far above average at his position in this category.

Defense? It has been disappointing, lackadaisical and ineffective in the pros. But the tools are there. We saw the whole lot of them in Beijing. I'm not blaming George Karl, but ... when the team is completely unfocused on sentient team defense, how is a 23-year-old supposed to deal in and change the world? Again: 'Melo's fault. He needs to play better defense. At least we know he has it in him.

For the first time ever, Anthony shot a decent clip from long-range last season, which buoyed his shooting efficiency. This a major step, because 'Melo has also taken a good portion of threes. Sinking some of them helps. Anthony also continued his policy of drawing a good number of fouls -- 7.7 FTAs per game, 11th in the league. He could do more to boost this by forcing himself to rim in place of a few of those shivering fadeaways.

But really, the kid scores 26 points a game on much better-than-average efficiency. Looking solely at offense, there might not be five NBA players better today. He's a solid step back from LeBron and Wade. But we're still looking at one of the league's brightest stars in 'Melo. The hate has been overwhelmingly wrong about him.

HOW THE HELL IS A PIECE OF CRAP LIKE THIS HIGHER THAN THE PLAYERS BELOW HIM!!?!?!?!:lmao

Sissiborgo
09-17-2008, 03:33 PM
why vomit?..

Allanon
09-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Cuz this thug is talented as hell.

There isn't a player in the NBA that has the skillset with the size that Crymelo has on offense.

sook
09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
why vomit?..

because he's a sorry ass who blamed his team for quitting and got swept.

Don't tell me Crymello is good with that talented of a team and can barely make the playoffs:nope

Is he really better than Tony Parker? Baron Davis? T-Mac? AI? :lol

tonylongoriafan
09-17-2008, 03:52 PM
carmello's a pussy! who throws a punch are runs 94 feet...he sucks, just like i told him when i saw him at rivercenter mall in the playoffs a few years back

JamStone
09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Carmelo is a punk bitch. That much, most would agree with. It doesn't mean he's not one of the most talented players in the league, which he is. #22 is actually probably low for him. He's easily one of the five best scorers in the league.

Obstructed_View
09-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Carmelo is a punk bitch. That much, most would agree with. It doesn't mean he's not one of the most talented players in the league, which he is. #22 is actually probably low for him. He's easily one of the five best scorers in the league.

I agree. He's probably not in the top 22 of people I'd pick first for my NBA team, but he's certainly worthy of the ranking.

Allanon
09-17-2008, 08:34 PM
I remember the discussions on who would be the best, LeBron, Dwade or Carmelo, I guess that's been decided.

Still, looking at Crymelo's draft, that was a pretty damn good year. How many times do you see 5 very good players and a bunch of decent players out of 1 draft?

Very Good
LeBron
DWade
Crymelo
Chris Bosh
David West

Good
Kaman
Barbosa
Kapono
Josh Howard
TJ Ford
Kyle Korver
Kirk Hinrich
Travis Outlaw
Kendrick Perkins
Steve Blake

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Typical Rockets douche, just ticked coz Tmac is where he should be. Tmac chokes harder than Melo and is old and decrepit.....

Tmac = overrated, deal with it Rocket Troll.

sook
09-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Typical Rockets douche, just ticked coz Tmac is where he should be. Tmac chokes harder than Melo and is old and decrepit.....

Tmac = overrated, deal with it Rocket Troll.

LOL FAG. :lmao

Maybe you should check out the games we raped you?

Wait...actually it was just t-mac that raped you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaxibrAO1YY
At least he got our ass to 55 wins and crymelo barely got you to an 8 seed and couldn't even get you 1 freaking win in the playoffs.

You guys got jizzed on by a yao less rox team when you had AI,K-Mart,Camby and Crymello against them.

And how the hell does T-Mac choke harder than Crymelo? Don't forget that he hasn't made it out of the first round either and he can't get one freakin win with the most talented roster in the league.

Pitiful.

Carmelo sucks, he hasn't accomplished jack unless your talking about his crappy shoes, deal with it nugget troll.

Just to tell you though, my topic said nothing of t-mac, just of how crappy melo is so stop deviating from the discussion.

Reggie Miller
09-18-2008, 12:31 AM
NBA Fanhouse = The CSI New York approach to make taking samples of pus and sebum appropriately dramatic.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-18-2008, 01:40 AM
I know Melo sucks, but at least i can admit it :lol Time for you to realise Tmac is also nothing more than 1st round fodder

Rocket trolls think Tmac and Yao are actually contenders, even before Artest came along :lmao They are contenders for the most breakdowns in a season, and thats it :smokin

Tmac will play 50games this season and fake another back injury coz his team is losing by 20 in a game.

m33p0
09-18-2008, 03:23 AM
NBA Fanhouse = The CSI New York approach to make taking samples of pus and sebum appropriately dramatic.
i don't watch CSI unless it's THE CSI.

Reggie Miller
09-18-2008, 08:59 AM
i don't watch CSI unless it's THE CSI.

You aren't missing much.

I keep waiting for CSI: Hugo, Minnesota. I already have a spec script ready dealing with the mutilation of frozen cattle.

sook
09-18-2008, 12:11 PM
I know Melo sucks, but at least i can admit it :lol Time for you to realise Tmac is also nothing more than 1st round fodder

Rocket trolls think Tmac and Yao are actually contenders, even before Artest came along :lmao They are contenders for the most breakdowns in a season, and thats it :smokin

Tmac will play 50games this season and fake another back injury coz his team is losing by 20 in a game.
I'm not even a big fan of t-mac, i just choose not to look past all he does for the rockets.

Give me Brandon Roy over t-mac any day, but not melo lol