PDA

View Full Version : Sean Deveney: Five who failed to fill big shoes

Spurs Brazil
09-17-2008, 05:02 PM
2. Spurs bench scorer. Michael Finley is back, and Manu Ginobili should not miss too much regular-season time. They'll cover the shooting guard/sixth man combination. But production from the bench figures to be an issue. Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Ginobili combined to average 60.4 of the 94.1 points per game the Spurs scored in the postseason. Brent Barry is gone, and the Spurs will look to Roger Mason and Ime Udoka to fill the void.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26743501/#storyContinued

m33p0
09-18-2008, 07:01 AM
unfortunately this is true. :flipoff

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Let's hope Ian can come in, get active on the O-boards, and give us 8ppg (unlikely). Mason better be a 12-15ppg guy, or we're going to struggle to score.

AusSpursFan
09-18-2008, 07:43 AM
unfortunately this is true. :flipoff

How is this unfortunate? I for one am looking forward to this season, because for once we have new blood vying for a position on the roster. You compare this to last year and the best prospect of a future was Darius Washington, with just about every other player already having achieved their peak and in decline.

m33p0
09-18-2008, 11:57 PM
How is this unfortunate? I for one am looking forward to this season, because for once we have new blood vying for a position on the roster. You compare this to last year and the best prospect of a future was Darius Washington, with just about every other player already having achieved their peak and in decline.
i should have added "last season".