PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Announce 2008-09 Television Schedule

Bruno
09-17-2008, 06:30 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/broadcast_schedule_080917.html

View The Full TV Schedule (http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/tv_schedule_0809.pdf)

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs today announced the television schedule for their 2008-09 NBA season with 71 locally produced broadcasts on KMYS, KENS 5 and Fox Sports Southwest.

This season, Spurs over-the-air partners KMYS (MY-35) and KENS 5 will combine to broadcast 40 games in High Definition, up from 10 last season.

“With such a quality team on the court, the majority of games in HD and an entertaining announce team in place, our broadcasts will definitely be a major event every night,” said Spurs Director of Broadcasting Mike Kickirillo.

Local coverage tips-off Oct. 29 on KMYS when the Spurs host the Phoenix Suns for an opening night match-up. KMYS will carry a total of 30 games in High Definition, including expanded coverage with 23 pre-game and eight post-game shows.

Spurs partner KENS 5 will broadcast a total of 10 games in High Definition, beginning its 2008-09 coverage with the Oct. 31 road game at Portland. In addition to carrying both home and away games, KENS 5 will also host eight Spurs pre-game shows.

Fox Sports Southwest will carry 31 Spurs games, including a match-up against defending NBA Champion Boston Celtics on Mar. 20. Fox Sports Southwest will broadcast all home games and the majority of road games in High Definition, with a complete schedule announced at a later date.

Play-by-play announcer Bill Land and analyst Sean Elliott return to call all locally televised Spurs games, with Silver Stars Head Coach Dan Hughes periodically filling in as an analyst.

All Spurs games can be heard on WOAI, 1200 AM, with play-by-play announcer Bill Schoening returning for his eighth season behind the mic. Paul Casto returns for his 15th season as the Spanish voice of the Spurs, calling games for KCOR, 1350 AM.

Spurs pre-season tickets are on sale now and great season ticket packages are still available for the 2008-09 regular season by visiting spurs.com or calling (210) 444-5050.

NOTE: Viewers must have an HD television or HD converter to view games in High Definition. Depending on cable provider, HD programming may not be available.

tp2021
09-17-2008, 06:47 PM
saved, printed, and thumbtacked

timvp
09-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Play-by-play announcer Bill Land and analyst Sean Elliott return to call all locally televised Spurs games
:elephant :elephant :elephant

I love that duo. Elliott is awesome and while Land isn't great on his own (mega homer and doesn't have great knowledge), he has great chemistry with Elliott. Elliott/Land has officially surpassed Dietrick/Barnett as my favorite Spurs announcing team of all-time. The day the Spurs break up this duo will be a sad day.

I thought Barnett and Elliott would form a dream announcing team but Barnett's NBA knowledge was way down after he took like a decade off and that duo had no chemistry.

I don't like Dan Hughes that much but he's decent enough because he gets pretty worked up and the unintentional comedy factor becomes high. Plus he's much better than substitutes of the past, namely Lance Blanks.

Brutalis
09-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Nice :tu

T Park
09-17-2008, 09:32 PM
All Spurs games can be heard on WOAI, 1200 AM, with play-by-play announcer Bill Schoening returning for his eighth season behind the mic

:pctoss

Fuck

duncan228
09-17-2008, 11:18 PM
It's getting closer. :elephant

Brutalis
09-18-2008, 12:13 AM
It's getting closer. :elephant

Still over a month away. :toast

duncan228
09-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Still over a month away. :toast

Thanks. :( Just when I think I'm going to make it through the longest summer I remember.

Brutalis
09-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks. :( Just when I think I'm going to make it through the longest summer I remember.

You will. I'm making sure you do with your 'things.' :toast

Bang
09-18-2008, 12:34 AM
This board has too many Jay Howard groupies

BANG!!! :flag:

Dex
09-18-2008, 12:45 AM

Only 21 more days until Preseason starts! It may only be radio, but it's still Spurs Basketball.

duncan228
09-18-2008, 12:53 AM
You will. I'm making sure you do with your 'things.' :toast

It's appreciated.

Only 21 more days until Preseason starts! It may only be radio, but it's still Spurs Basketball.

That's a number I can deal with.

Avitus1
09-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Can't Wait...

T Park
09-18-2008, 01:25 AM
This board has too many Jay Howard groupies and not enough UT fans. Living in Austin I always hear how UT fans miss Bill and his talk show, and I hear a lot that people miss Jay Howard and his talk show. What I don't hear is people hating on Craig Way(Bill's replacement at UT) the way you guys hate on Bill because he replaced someone who had a good fan base. Bill Schoening is a hell of a broadcaster, just because he doesn't host a radio show from 4 to 7 doesn't mean he is worse than Jay Howard.

Several times I have heard from people who can't watch a TV (blind people and truck drivers mostly) that he is one of the best broadcasters they listen to.

No I hate on him because hes a college level, and not a PRO level PBP guy.

Jay Howard was the best in the business. PERIOD.

timvp
09-18-2008, 03:16 AM
This board has too many Jay Howard groupiesI don't know that many who actively wish Howard had the gig again. Maybe a dozen at the most.

and not enough UT fans. This board is full of UT homers. Check out the college forum. Or just watch how everyone associated with UT is overhyped beyond belief on ST.

Living in Austin I always hear how UT fans miss Bill and his talk show, and I hear a lot that people miss Jay Howard and his talk show. What I don't hear is people hating on Craig Way(Bill's replacement at UT) the way you guys hate on Bill because he replaced someone who had a good fan base.I don't like Schoening because he's bad at his job. No other reason.

Bill Schoening is a hell of a broadcaster, just because he doesn't host a radio show from 4 to 7 doesn't mean he is worse than Jay Howard. Disagree that Schoening is a good broadcaster. And I don't and didn't care about Howard's show.

Budkin
09-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Why does everyone think Shoening sucks? I've gotten quite fond of his little quips. "That's a Manu tres!"

tonylongoriafan
09-19-2008, 09:54 AM
i love that more local games are in HD...basketball is awesome in HD. i hate the national broadcasters and having to listen to their crap

spursincharge
09-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know what their Austin schedule looks like?

Dex
09-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know what their Austin schedule looks like?

I've never been able to find a good listing for local games that are broadcast in Austin. Every now and then one will come through from like KSAT, but generally speaking, the only games you can count on seeing up here are the ones that are broadcast on ESPN, ABC, TNT, and FSN SW. If your area gets NBATV and you subscribe, you might catch an extra game or two that way.

DPG21920
09-21-2008, 12:18 AM
I've never been able to find a good listing for local games that are broadcast in Austin. Every now and then one will come through from like KSAT, but generally speaking, the only games you can count on seeing up here are the ones that are broadcast on ESPN, ABC, TNT, and FSN SW. If your area gets NBATV and you subscribe, you might catch an extra game or two that way.

So they do not do the local Spurs games in Austin? Do you have to buy NBA league pass to watch all of them?

robino2001
09-21-2008, 05:31 PM

So they do not do the local Spurs games in Austin? Do you have to buy NBA league pass to watch all of them?

Not true - the WB and NBC affiliates in Austin will often carry the KENS and MY35 games... I was more than happy with the amount of games I got locally last year. It wasn't EVERY game, but even then, you have to be careful with League Pass. I think there is a 80 or 100 mile buffer zone that if you're in it, they blackout the local team - I know parts of Austin are definitely blocked out if this rule still exists.

SenorSpur
09-21-2008, 05:33 PM
:elephant :elephant :elephant

I love that duo. Elliott is awesome and while Land isn't great on his own (mega homer and doesn't have great knowledge), he has great chemistry with Elliott. Elliott/Land has officially surpassed Dietrick/Barnett as my favorite Spurs announcing team of all-time. The day the Spurs break up this duo will be a sad day.

I thought Barnett and Elliott would form a dream announcing team but Barnett's NBA knowledge was way down after he took like a decade off and that duo had no chemistry.

I don't like Dan Hughes that much but he's decent enough because he gets pretty worked up and the unintentional comedy factor becomes high. Plus he's much better than substitutes of the past, namely Lance Blanks.

I first heard of Barnett during D-Rob's rookie season. He's extremely good. I had high hopes that he would be the Spurs broadcaster for the future. Any idea as to why he took a 10-year sabbatical?