PDA

View Full Version : Palin's First Townhall Question = FAIL

Mr. Peabody
09-17-2008, 11:17 PM
From CNN -

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/17/campaign.wrap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories)
Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin took questions with her running mate Wednesday night, offering at one point to play "stump the candidate" with a mostly friendly Michigan crowd.

Asked for "specific skills" she could cite to rebut critics who question her grasp of international affairs, she replied, "I am prepared."

"I have that confidence. I have that readiness," Palin said. "And if you want specifics with specific policies or countries, you can go ahead and ask me. You can play 'stump the candidate' if you want to. But we are ready to serve."

GOP presidential nominee John McCain stepped in, pointing out that as governor of a state that is oil and gas plentiful, Palin was familiar with energy. She knows it to be "one of our great national security challenges," he said.

He also cited her nearly two years as commander of Alaska's National Guard. "I believe she is absolutely, totally qualified to address every challenge as the next vice president of the United States," McCain said.

:lmao

That's the type of question you'd get at a job interview and she couldn't answer it?:lmao

Nbadan
09-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Scary isn't it? I mean, Palin went to 5 different colleges and universities to get a degree in Journalism...but some GOP supporters think that this qualifies her to be second in command of the U.S...

2centsworth
09-17-2008, 11:24 PM
lets see, Joe Biden has earned $280,000 per year for the past 20 yrs and has a net worth of $150,000.

Sounds like an economic genius.

Obama makes Palin look good.

Mr. Peabody
09-17-2008, 11:28 PM
How is asking about what skills she has playing "stump the candidate"? If anything it was a softball to get her to highlight her skills to a friendly audience.

2centsworth
09-17-2008, 11:30 PM
How is asking about what skills she has playing "stump the candidate"? If anything it was a softball to get her to highlight her skills to a friendly audience.

i like what people do rather than what they say.

baseline bum
09-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Wow. I never thought I'd see someone stupider than Bush running in the presidential election.

PixelPusher
09-17-2008, 11:39 PM
lets see, Joe Biden has earned $280,000 per year for the past 20 yrs and has a net worth of $150,000.

Sounds like an economic genius.

Obama makes Palin look good.

Assessing a person's abilities by how much money they have. How very Republican of you.

Mr. Peabody
09-17-2008, 11:52 PM
WASHINGTON — Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska on Wednesday became the nation's most prominent Republican officeholder to publicly question whether Sarah Palin has the experience to serve as president.

"She doesn't have any foreign policy credentials," Hagel said in an interview. "You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don't know what you can say. You can't say anything."

Palin was elected governor of Alaska in 2006 and before that was the mayor of a small town.

Democrats have raised questions about Palin since Sen. John McCain picked her as his vice presidential running mate. Most national Republican officeholders have rallied to Palin's candidacy.

Palin has cited the proximity of Alaska to Russia as evidence of her international experience.

Hagel scoffed at that notion.

"I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, 'I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia,'" he said. "That kind of thing is insulting to the American people."

2centsworth
09-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Assessing a person's abilities by how much money they have. How very Republican of you.

you bet when considering someone to run the largest economy in the world. How very liberal of you to think otherwise.

PixelPusher
09-18-2008, 12:06 AM
you bet when considering someone to run the largest economy in the world. How very liberal of you to think otherwise.

The President doesn't "run the economy". How very dumb of you think otherwise.

2centsworth
09-18-2008, 12:13 AM
The President doesn't "run the economy". How very dumb of you think otherwise.

tell that to Obama. I thought I had to talk down to you from your last post.

PixelPusher
09-18-2008, 12:18 AM
tell that to Obama. I thought I had to talk down to you from your last post.

So now you don't think Presidents "run the economy"...so why do you insist on using income as a basis for assessing someone's ability to act as President?

PixelPusher
09-18-2008, 12:20 AM

Is the United States of America a publicly traded corporation? Does the United States of America have a profit margin that has to be maintained or exceeded every quarter? Does the President of United States have a single-minded fiduciary responsibility that it must focus on in a laser-like fashion to the exclusion to all other considerations?

TheMadHatter
09-18-2008, 12:20 AM
This woman makes Bush look like Einstein.

KenMcCoy
09-18-2008, 12:21 AM
The questioner never asked a specific...what is she supposed to do?

KenMcCoy
09-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Also...CNN didn't show the clip where she was questioned on energy. WHich she did very well on.

Bang
09-18-2008, 12:27 AM
She is a perky religious extremist.

BANG!!!

td4mvp21
09-18-2008, 12:33 AM

:lol

whottt
09-18-2008, 12:49 AM
I love all these libs that are the shank ass whores of the largest media conglomerate in the world propping themselves for their intelligence.

She knows more on foreign policy than you guys think she does...parts of it were apparent in the Gibson edits...which is why it was edited.

I said this 3 weeks ago and I can't believe you guys are too fucking stupid to look up the same things I did a day after she was named VP....

Maybe you need CNN to tell you to do it?

Ya'll are stupid.

whottt
09-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Ya'll are stupid.

Or dishonest...personally I'm leaning towards brain dead...waiting for CNN to give them their cues.

Mr. Peabody
09-18-2008, 12:54 AM
I love all these libs that are the shank ass whores of the largest media conglomerate in the world propping themselves for their intelligence.

She knows more on foreign policy than you guys think she does...parts of it were apparent in the Gibson edits...which is why it was edited.

I said this 3 weeks ago and I can't believe you guys are too fucking stupid to look up the same things I did a day after she was named VP....

Ya'll are stupid.

Republican Senator Chuck Hagel is stupid, huh?

WASHINGTON — Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska on Wednesday became the nation's most prominent Republican officeholder to publicly question whether Sarah Palin has the experience to serve as president.

"She doesn't have any foreign policy credentials," Hagel said in an interview. "You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don't know what you can say. You can't say anything."

Palin was elected governor of Alaska in 2006 and before that was the mayor of a small town.

Democrats have raised questions about Palin since Sen. John McCain picked her as his vice presidential running mate. Most national Republican officeholders have rallied to Palin's candidacy.

Palin has cited the proximity of Alaska to Russia as evidence of her international experience.

Hagel scoffed at that notion.

"I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, 'I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia,'" he said. "That kind of thing is insulting to the American people."

florige
09-18-2008, 07:31 AM

Ya'll are stupid.

I don't know what McCain/Palin has done to the media, but I know last night on NBC news with Brian Williams they totally ripped into Palin with no grease....

Viva Las Espuelas
09-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Wow. I never thought I'd see someone stupider than Bush running in the presidential election.

STAND UP, CHUCK!!!!!

fyatuk
09-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Didn't the EU pass us earlier this year?

cool hand
09-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Ron Paul is the only one qualified to run this country....and all you fuckers blew it.

George Gervin's Afro
09-18-2008, 08:12 AM

Whott just likes to insult people so you WILL NEVER get a response to your question.

whottt
09-18-2008, 11:14 AM

Yes...he's stupid, and he's going to get owned.

whottt
09-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Whott just likes to insult people so you WILL NEVER get a response to your question.

No...I'm just want to see how smart you guys are on your own...before your leaders give you your propaganda.

I said it the day after she was nominated and I say it now...being the Govenor of Alaska gives you more international experience than any other Govenorship in the United States. It's verified...and everyone who is citing her inexperience(as if it's the only thing that matters) is going to get owned...Republican and Democrat alike. And without a doubt they are saving it for her debates with Biden.

She's got more international experience than Ronald Reagan, Clinton and Bush had...far more.

It's not my fault you guys don't know where to look...ya'll are so smart...figure it out.

Mr. Body
09-18-2008, 11:21 AM
I don't know what McCain/Palin has done to the media, but I know last night on NBC news with Brian Williams they totally ripped into Palin with no grease....

They nominated a completely unqualified candidate for high office? That's my guess. The mass media are slow going, but when they whiff something, they usually report it right.

whottt
09-18-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm glad I didn't tell ya'll...that's why that information hasn't been smeared yet. This forum props up prominently on political google searches...I'm not going to help you guys lie and smear...

Shastafarian
09-18-2008, 04:15 PM
I guess Whottt missed the part where Palin claimed Alaska produces 20% of the energy in the US. Looks like either she was lying, or is simply an idiot. It's actually 3.5%. Even if she meant oil instead of energy, she'd still be wrong or lying. That number is only 14%. So which is it Whottt? Is she an idiot or a liar? I guess that whole deal about her energy knowledge being a cornerstone of her foreign policy knowledge is a complete load of bullshit.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/energetically_wrong.html

Findog
09-18-2008, 04:39 PM
I guess Whottt missed the part where Palin claimed Alaska produces 20% of the energy in the US. Looks like either she was lying, or is simply an idiot. It's actually 3.5%. Even if she meant oil instead of energy, she'd still be wrong or lying. That number is only 14%. So which is it Whottt? Is she an idiot or a liar? I guess that whole deal about her energy knowledge being a cornerstone of her foreign policy knowledge is a complete load of bullshit.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/energetically_wrong.html

In what respect does Alaska only produce 3.5% of our energy, Charlie?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-18-2008, 05:50 PM

Yeah, I mean considering his pay, he appears to have managed his wealth about as good as all those fuckers on Wall Street we're on the hook to bail out.

He definitely should be one heartbeat away from being president and being able to set economic policy for this country :tu

Mr. Peabody
09-18-2008, 05:51 PM
CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/17/politics/fromtheroad/entry4456592.shtml)
At a town hall meeting, a former Hillary supporter asked Palin:

“Give us some details and examples of your strategies and plan for economic empowerment for women,” she said.

“Well first let me take a shot at that, and I’ll tell ya, I’m a product of Title IX in our schools, where equal education and equal opportunities in sports really helped propel me into the—I guess into the position that I’m in today where,” Palin said.

McCain then interjected, “Could I mention she was a point guard on a state championship basketball team.”

clambake
09-18-2008, 05:56 PM
yikes

boutons_
09-18-2008, 07:11 PM
she's a fake, a con artist, she's too stupid to realize how stupid she sounds, the self-confidence of the truly stupid, while insulting us all with her evasiveness. to go along with all the other negative attributes that have been uncovered.

First the Repugs give the stupidity incarnate of dubya, and now this stupid bullshitter.

tidbit: having spent $50K remodeling her mayoral office, red flocked wallpaper (hicktown bordello taste), one the city employee confronted her, saying there was no city council approval of the expenditure. pitball bitch said something like "I can do whatever I want to do until the courts stop me". The Secretive Imperial Mayoralty, echoing dickhead's Secretive Imperial Presidency.

PixelPusher
09-18-2008, 08:02 PM
CBS News
At a town hall meeting, a former Hillary supporter asked Palin:

“Give us some details and examples of your strategies and plan for economic empowerment for women,” she said.

“Well first let me take a shot at that, and I’ll tell ya, I’m a product of Title IX in our schools, where equal education and equal opportunities in sports really helped propel me into the—I guess into the position that I’m in today where,” Palin said.

McCain then interjected, “Could I mention she was a point guard on a state championship basketball team.”
Steve Nash '08
Catch It!

Buddy Holly
09-18-2008, 08:07 PM
The more and more she speaks the more and more people realize what a fuck up McCain is for picking her.

baseline bum
09-18-2008, 08:38 PM
The more and more she speaks the more and more people realize what a fuck up McCain is for picking her.

What's sad in this nation right now is that it's not a fuck up to pick someone so stupid to run for the highest office in the land.

Wild Cobra
09-18-2008, 09:01 PM

What's sad in this nation right now is that it's not a fuck up to pick someone so stupid to run for the highest office in the land.

No, what's really fucked up is you libtards think that Obama is more qualified than Palin which is totally wrong, and Omaba is running for president. Not Palin.

xrayzebra
09-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah peabody. Now you take Obama, please, he knows how to ask the Iraq's not to let the American's withdraw until he gets elected.

Now that is what you can call real knowledge on how to handle things.

Oh, I forgot, he also told the Canadians, hey don't pay any attention to what I say,
I lie alot to the voters.

Real foreign relations at work.

But that is how they did it in the Hood.

Mr. Peabody
09-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah peabody. Now you take Obama, please, he knows how to ask the Iraq's not to let the American's withdraw until he gets elected.

Now that is what you can call real knowledge on how to handle things.

Oh, I forgot, he also told the Canadians, hey don't pay any attention to what I say,
I lie alot to the voters.

Real foreign relations at work.

But that is how they did it in the Hood.

xray, where have you been? I've had no idea what Rush's opinions are lately because you haven't been here to parrot them.

Buddy Holly
09-18-2008, 10:26 PM
No, what's really fucked up is you libtards think that Obama is more qualified than Palin which is totally wrong, and Omaba is running for president. Not Palin.

More qualified? So Jesse Venture is qualified to be Vice President?

Why is she so qualified?

She went to five colleges to get a JOURNALISM DEGREE.

She was the Mayor of a 9,000 person town and left it in debt.

She didn't know what the fuck the VP did before being picked.

She thinks spinning lies is telling the truth.

She meet McCain once before a second meeting where she was asked to be his running mate.

She contradicts herself more times than not.

And please shut the fuck up about "executive experience" or whatever senseless bullshit republicans like to throw out.

Obama may not be the most experienced person ever to run for President but going through a primiary and winning your tickets party makes the man INSANELY more qualified than Ms. Sarah "you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska" Palin.

Anti.Hero
09-18-2008, 10:29 PM
No matter what she says you fools will blast her. The more people do it, the quicker others will just ignore the haters.

Obama doesn't have shit on Palin. Not shiiiiiiiittt. That's the funny part. He got to play President in Germany and EU for a week. How cute :lmao

Buddy Holly
09-18-2008, 10:31 PM
No matter what she says you fools will blast her. The more people do it, the quicker others will just ignore the haters.

So she nor her supporters can stand truthful criticisms?

That's great. :lmao

Buddy Holly
09-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Obama doesn't have shit on Palin. Not shiiiiiiiittt. That's the funny part. He got to play President in Germany and EU for a week. How cute :lmao

Obama doesn't have shit on Palin? What the fuck does that even mean? I mean, it probably works well in the middle school school yards you frequent but aside from that.. wtf?

san antonio spurs
09-19-2008, 01:29 AM

Huh? Germany and EU?:lol
No wonders you americans have elected a man who wouldn't tell where the hell pakistan was nor his president and are about to elect another one who couldn't tell the PM of Spain and his running mate who can see Russia from her house :lmao