PDA

View Full Version : JailBroken Iphone

DannyT
09-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Have any of you all done it?
If so do you have any tips and whats the main reason you did it.

I just did mine the other night after the 2.1 release, so far so good. I do wish I never did it because now its like I dont think about sleep till 5 in the morning

PM5K
09-18-2008, 02:46 AM
What?

DannyT
09-18-2008, 03:13 AM
basically its a hack thats done to the iphones that allows third party apps to be installed instead of the ones that the appstore offers

Salad Tosser
09-18-2008, 05:14 AM
What color is your pocket protector?

Kyle Smith
09-18-2008, 07:43 AM
I did it just to see what it's like. No complaints :)

hater
09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Have any of you all done it?
If so do you have any tips and whats the main reason you did it.

I just did mine the other night after the 2.1 release, so far so good. I do wish I never did it because now its like I dont think about sleep till 5 in the morning

- you can install any app, or make your own apps. some apps that fix some shitty things about the iphone, like not able to customize your wallpaper too much, deleting anything from your desktop, etc.
- you can use your phone as your laptop modem anywhere
- be able to use skype for phone calls. So you will never use ATT minutes again LOL

DannyT
09-24-2008, 04:31 PM
- you can install any app, or make your own apps. some apps that fix some shitty things about the iphone, like not able to customize your wallpaper too much, deleting anything from your desktop, etc.
- you can use your phone as your laptop modem anywhere
- be able to use skype for phone calls. So you will never use ATT minutes again LOL

yeah Im loving it so far...I just need to find an sms that will forward text and attach pics other then that its great...record video, customize icons, wallpapers sliders all kinds of shit...Im still working on the video ringtones though...one of those apps put my phone in a rebooting loop but I just restored it and started over again

Shelly
09-24-2008, 05:51 PM
yeah Im loving it so far...I just need to find an sms that will forward text and attach pics other then that its great...record video, customize icons, wallpapers sliders all kinds of shit...Im still working on the video ringtones though...one of those apps put my phone in a rebooting loop but I just restored it and started over again

It would be nice to text pictures. A friend of ours did an iPhone jail brake with T-Mobile. He was able to get video, but it had no sound.

And I never got iTunes to work making a ringtone even though I had bought a song that had the ringtone icon.

DannyT
09-24-2008, 06:03 PM
theres a program that you can use with out jailbreaking your phone to make ringtones and then when youre done editing the 30 seconds of audio you want for the ringtone it will save it and send it to itunes and wait for you to sync it to your phone. If you want when I get home I can get post a link to where you can find it. Theres a program from cydia that records video with audio...only thing is that you have to turn your phone sideways cause thats how it records...also with jailbreaking I can get into my phone from my computer and pull the video files off, music and pictures....the next biggest thing that I can do is play the nes and gba emulators

resistanze
09-24-2008, 07:33 PM
jailbreaking makes the iphone worth getting.

hater
10-01-2008, 08:06 PM

did you follow an online tutorial to break it? also does it work with the 3g and latest Apple patch? if yes can you post it?

my job got me the phone a month ago and I think I am almost ready to turn it into a real useful gadgett

leemajors
10-01-2008, 08:50 PM
did you follow an online tutorial to break it? also does it work with the 3g and latest Apple patch? if yes can you post it?

my job got me the phone a month ago and I think I am almost ready to turn it into a real useful gadgett

http://gizmodo.com/5049416/iphone-dev-team-releases-pwnagetool-and-quickpwn-for-version-21

hater
10-01-2008, 10:00 PM
thanks I will try it out soon...

DannyT
10-02-2008, 01:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDrFDWi7jk4

dude is on point

dude gives you links to download the software from in the information portion of the video which is in the top right....

http://appulo.us/appdb/

also user this site to download apps after you jailbreak

good luck and congrats

exstatic
10-08-2008, 10:27 PM
QuickPwn is the way to go. It took between 10-15 minutes.

DannyT
10-09-2008, 08:32 AM
congrats...and enjoys

T Park
10-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Didn't apple offer a 3G phone "jailbroken" already?

DannyT
10-11-2008, 07:04 PM
they offer iphone unlocked which mean you can use them on other providers networks but not JB....JB let your customize your phone, install emulators, change fonts, wallpapers, keyboards, turn your camera into a video recorder, and most of all set up an MMS to all you to forward and attach picture texts

Purple & Gold
11-23-2008, 12:24 PM
I was about to open a thread about good Iphone applications but then I saw this one. Is there any minuses to jailbreaking it? Will I still be able to get all the apple store applications or will it mess with that. That video recorder by itself makes it sound like a must have. Iphone is great already so i don't want jailbreaking it to mess anything up.

DannyT
11-23-2008, 12:55 PM
the only thing I havent had time to look at is the new patch 2.2 So if you plan or already have upgraded to it I am not sure. But I had upgraded my phone the day 2.1 came out and then jailbroke it really before any of the apps for cydia were patched for the new apple upgrade and had very few issues. I will look at some sites tonight and let you know. fuck it matter of fact I will upgrade mine to 2.2 and let you know if I have any issues. I have bricked my phone to where all I get is a black screen once because I tried to use video ringtones. So i did a restore in itunes and and everytthing was fine. jailbroke my phone after that and just didnt install that app again. other than that time I have never had any issues and have a windows os theme, a joker notepad, fbi lockscreen, the video recorder and countless others apps and customized shit...I think I posted some link aove to the cat on youtube whos help I followed and in the info bar of his video he has links to all the software you will need...just let me know if you have any other questions....I will upgrade my jail broken iphone to the new 2.2 apple patch cause street view on the gps sounds dope and I will let you know how it works out...

Purple & Gold
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Cool thanx yeah i did upgrade it and the Iphone just kicks ass already. Really can't imagine how much better it can be. But an emulater, video recorder, customized screen, all that sounds great. Thanx again let me know whats up much appreciated :toast

DannyT
11-26-2008, 04:45 AM
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/61060174/the-man-from-delmonte-he-say-yes

So far jail breaking 2.2 is still having issues....but if you havent upgraded yet....and still have 2.1 go ahead and do it. I will keep you posted when I go 2.2

leemajors
11-26-2008, 11:47 AM
street view is awesome.

DannyT
11-26-2008, 07:49 PM
thats the one of the things I am looking forward to but I wouldnt give up a jailbrokn phone to have it....

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 11:43 AM
The new google maps street view is the shit. Just wondering if once you jailbreak it are you still able to download all the apps from the apple store.

DannyT
11-27-2008, 02:21 PM
very much soooooo sir