PDA

View Full Version : Ok, KState fan...

MajorMike
09-18-2008, 11:11 AM
No offense, but the cats looked bad on nat'l tv last night... REAL bad. Against a middle of the pack BEast team.

I think that guy is still running loose in the KState 2ndary.

tonylongoriafan
09-18-2008, 11:21 AM
no shit...now we get a to see colorado (who almost lost to a big sky conf team last week) take on an over rated WV...espn needs the flex schedule to get good games

K-State Spur
09-18-2008, 01:02 PM
No argument. What do you want me to do about it?

Blake
09-18-2008, 01:15 PM
it's not like KState was ranked this year and it's also not like there haven't been ranked teams that have looked bad either.

See: Ohio St., Colorado, Texas A&M and more......

MajorMike
09-18-2008, 01:58 PM
No argument. What do you want me to do about it?

I just expected more. KState is one of those 'on the cusp' teams, IMO, or I did believe that. I figured with an entire regiment on JUCOs they would come in and make immediate impact. I saw L'ville get kilt by whomever it was they played earlier and thought KState would put a whoopin on them.

What's the general purple consensus right now? Are ya'll pissed because it suprised you or did you forsee this coming? You think it was just a freak thing or is it the sign of more to come?

If Prince doesn't make a bowl again this year, what is your prognosis for his further tenure? I know he was the golden child after his first year but didn't know what everyone thought now.

tonylongoriafan
09-18-2008, 02:09 PM
it's not like KState was ranked this year and it's also not like there haven't been ranked teams that have looked bad either.

See: Ohio St., Colorado, Texas A&M and more......

yeah it's still very early and conference play hasn't started...mizzoua is good but i think a little over rated. after that the big 12 north is wide open. key games will be tech, oklahomo, and mizzoua...but they did look bad last night.

K-State Spur
09-18-2008, 05:13 PM
I just expected more. KState is one of those 'on the cusp' teams, IMO, or I did believe that. I figured with an entire regiment on JUCOs they would come in and make immediate impact. I saw L'ville get kilt by whomever it was they played earlier and thought KState would put a whoopin on them.

What's the general purple consensus right now? Are ya'll pissed because it suprised you or did you forsee this coming? You think it was just a freak thing or is it the sign of more to come?

If Prince doesn't make a bowl again this year, what is your prognosis for his further tenure? I know he was the golden child after his first year but didn't know what everyone thought now.

Most Cats expected a victory last night. In fairness, Hunter Cantwell & the Cardinals played MUCH better last night than they did against Kentucky. The coverage wasn't very good for most of the night, but even when it was decent, Cantwell put the ball exactly where it needed to be. The tackling - on the other hand - was completely unacceptable.

It's tough to say that it's a freak thing because it's fairly reminiscent of how they closed out last season.

Unless the team just doesn't win another game, Prince has probably one more year after this one to show major progress. Many of the natives are ready to turn on him (and have been since day 1 - they would have accepted nothing short of a Bill Snyder clone), but the AD and President are firmly in his corner. However, after next year, the school president is retiring - so who knows what changes could come?

As for this year, either the team will find a running game, tackle better, and play tighter coverage - or it won't. lot of things that need improvement. they'll probably beat a team or two that they should not, but after last night, i wouldn't bank on a bowl game either.

dallaskd
09-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Our defense sucked. That running back tore the cats up bad. Josh and the offense killed us in the 2nd and 3rd.

RonMexico
09-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Oh, Mike, how does that Oklahoma A&M win look against Washington State?