PDA

View Full Version : Catering Suggestions

Ginofan
09-18-2008, 11:37 AM
TheTruth & I are still looking for a caterer for our wedding. We really don't want to spend over $8.00 per person since we have close to 400 guests. Do you guys know anyone or have a relatives in the business?

We don't care if it's a buffet or sit-down or if they have real china or disposable, we just need something good!:lol Please help us out if you can, thanks!

ORION
09-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Keep the beer coming and we can BBQ all day.

fatsack
09-18-2008, 11:47 AM
We really don't want to spend over $8.00 per person

good luck. :toast

ORION
09-18-2008, 11:49 AM
I can make 2 tons of Top Ramen then

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-18-2008, 11:54 AM
But seriously, I just asked my friend who got married recently. They had decent Mexican food catered to their wedding. The white people loved it and the few of us Mexicans that were there liked it, too.

I'll pass his answer along when he gets back to me.

CosmicCowboy
09-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Bill Millers will be about $5-$6 a plate with 400.

Shelly
09-18-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.btacatering.com/index.html

This is Magnolia Gardens somewhere by Main St. They used to be open for lunch and were very good. I think they were just doing catering for a while, but I read last week that they were opening the restaurant back up.

Not sure what they charge, but doesn't hurt to call. Good luck!

Ginofan
09-18-2008, 12:01 PM
But seriously, I just asked my friend who got married recently. They had decent Mexican food catered to their wedding. The white people loved it and the few of us Mexicans that were there liked it, too.

I'll pass his answer along when he gets back to me.

Thanks JB.

Bill Millers will be about $5-$6 a plate with 400.

Yeah, we have a Bill Miller's hook up but we wanted to see if there were any other options out there.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Bah, he said the place where they had the wedding handled the catering, too.

AlamoSpursFan
09-18-2008, 12:08 PM

I never knew you could get married at Taco Cabana...

:lol

JudynTX
09-18-2008, 12:11 PM
If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting married at?

baseline bum
09-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Shit man, getting a grip of chicken and beef fajitas from Taco Cabana doesn't seem like too bad an idea for $8 a person.

duncan228
09-18-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm not local so I can't help with your question but I wanted to say congrats to you and The Truth. 400 guests is quite the event, it promises to be a wonderful day. I hope it's perfect for you both. :toast

CosmicCowboy
09-18-2008, 12:17 PM
http://www.btacatering.com/index.html

This is Magnolia Gardens somewhere by Main St. They used to be open for lunch and were very good. I think they were just doing catering for a while, but I read last week that they were opening the restaurant back up.

Not sure what they charge, but doesn't hurt to call. Good luck!

Trust me. I know that guy and he is a fucking crook.

Viva Las Espuelas
Popeye's tuesday special
leg and thigh for $.99

ORION
I'm not local so I can't help with your question but I wanted to say congrats to you and The Truth. 400 guests is quite the event, it promises to be a wonderful day. I hope it's perfect for you both. :toast

The drunk relatives taking the mic and acting like fools.

duncan228
09-18-2008, 12:20 PM
The drunk relatives taking the mic and acting like fools.

Isn't that a requirement at great weddings? The video is always so much fun.

ORION
09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Isn't that a requirement at great weddings? The video is always so much fun.

oh man well I have that one crazy uncle and he got a hold of a video camera. It was very amusing.

Shelly
09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Trust me. I know that guy and he is a fucking crook.

Well, that settles that then! :lol

TDMVPDPOY
09-18-2008, 12:33 PM
if you need drinks, i k now a guy who owns a donkey....he post on this forum also hahaha

Shelly
09-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

Is that the place in L.A? I don't know why, but for some reason chicken and waffles just sounds so good to me.

leemajors
09-18-2008, 12:44 PM
cut the big wedding, hit the JoP, then spend all that money saved on the reception.

mrsmaalox
09-18-2008, 12:48 PM
cut the big wedding, hit the JoP, then spend all that money saved on the reception.

:tu I was gonna say spend all the money on themselves, go on a cruise, get married on an exotic beach....

SpursWoman
09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't even know 400 people. :depressed :lol

Ginofan
09-18-2008, 12:51 PM
If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting married at?

We are getting married at St. Matthews on Wurzbach, but the reception is at Holy Trinity Banquet Hall off of Stone Oak.

I'm not local so I can't help with your question but I wanted to say congrats to you and The Truth. 400 guests is quite the event, it promises to be a wonderful day. I hope it's perfect for you both.

Thank you so much, that's really nice of you to say :)

Haha, I would LOVE to just go and elope at this point but my family would be super dissapointed...I couldn't do that to them.

Ginofan
09-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, that settles that then! :lol

Thanks for trying though!

JudynTX
09-18-2008, 12:58 PM

Oh stop it, I bet you do. :lol

We are getting married at St. Matthews on Wurzbach, but the reception is at Holy Trinity Banquet Hall off of Stone Oak.

That sounds nice. We exchanged vows and held the reception @ Fort Sam Houston Golf Club. They set-up, catered and cleaned up for us. It took alot of stress off me, seeing as us women make all the arrangements. The guys just show up. :rolleyes :p:

ploto
09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
If you are not going fancy, Grady's is good and not expensive at all.

http://www.gradysbbq.com/index.php?link=catering

Shelly
09-18-2008, 01:10 PM
What about Rudy's?

baseline bum
09-18-2008, 01:16 PM

Thank you so much, that's really nice of you to say :)

Haha, I would LOVE to just go and elope at this point but my family would be super dissapointed...I couldn't do that to them.

Then tell them to pay!

JudynTX
09-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Good luck and may you two have a long and prosperous marriage. :)

mrsmaalox
09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Then tell them to pay!

My thoughts exactly! I mean either way they are going to be happy for the couple right?

Shelly
09-18-2008, 01:46 PM

I'm not sure I know 100 people. And for my mother being Italian, I certainly don't have tons of relatives!

SpursWoman
09-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh stop it, I bet you do. :lol

Well if I do they never call me, so fuck if I'm dropping that kind of money on them when I can spend it on a new deck! :lol

CosmicCowboy
09-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Dang. Spurstalk is spawning more marriages/relationships that e-harmony!

angel_luv
09-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Dang. Spurstalk is spawning more marriages/relationships that e-harmony!

And there is no fee to join, plus sports scores. :fro

Sunshine
09-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Fatsack and I are catering our own wedding :lol

angel_luv
09-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Fatsack and I are catering our own wedding :lol

I think that is sweet. :)

When is your wedding date?

Sunshine
09-18-2008, 02:33 PM
I think that is sweet. :)

When is your wedding date?

October 25th!

Oh, and I don't have a dress yet :lol

angel_luv
09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
October 25th!

Oh, and I don't have a dress yet :lol

Wow, girl! :lol

Should we organise a shopping gtg for you?

October is the best month to get married in, I think. :) Congrats!

Notorious H.O.P.
09-18-2008, 02:36 PM
If you are considering the bbq route, show up one day to either Barbeque Station on 410 near Harry Wurzbach and Nachodoches, or BBQ Patio on the southside and give them a shot. I've seen their catering prices and they are at least comparable to Bill Millers and the food tastes better.

Other than that, if any of the big bridal fairs come into town, they have tons of caterers and food sampling.

Sunshine
09-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow, girl! :lol

Should we organise a shopping gtg for you?

October is the best month to get married in, I think. :) Congrats!

LOL..Well, I know what I want from David's Bridal online collection and it will take less than a week to get here, so we're ordering in the next day or two. It will be a very small, casual wedding with less than 50 people and so I'm keeping it very simple...no big flowy dress with a veil and train.

Thanks! I'm very excited!

angel_luv
09-18-2008, 02:48 PM
LOL..Well, I know what I want from David's Bridal online collection and it will take less than a week to get here, so we're ordering in the next day or two. It will be a very small, casual wedding with less than 50 people and so I'm keeping it very simple...no big flowy dress with a veil and train.

Thanks! I'm very excited!

Sounds like a beautiful day.

I want a princess like wedding dress, but a sweet and simple one, like the one Julia Roberts had for her wedding to Gere in Runaway bride.
Also the one she had on when Gere was first interviewing her was nice too.

Kori Ellis
09-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Mandy - Any Mexican or BBQ place in San Antonio can probably do it for you at that price (especially since you have so many people). Pick your favorite places and the cold call them and cut a deal.

Congrats again Sara and fatsack. :)

Oh and Angel ... are you and Bo officially engaged?

SpursWoman
09-18-2008, 06:11 PM

Wha...?

Sunshine
09-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Wha...?

She hasn't come back to answer yet...hmmmmm

DannyT
09-18-2008, 06:30 PM

on a side note can you ask him where and how much they charged for a hall.

And does anyone else know where some decent places to hold a 60th birthday party at and about how much we are looking to spend with the security included

That sounds nice. We exchanged vows and held the reception @ Fort Sam Houston Golf Club. They set-up, catered and cleaned up for us. It took alot of stress off me, seeing as us women make all the arrangements. The guys just show up. :rolleyes :p:

I was thinking about renting out something at sam but how hrd would it be for people to get on post with out DOD ID's?

Mijo
09-18-2008, 07:45 PM
on a side note can you ask him where and how much they charged for a hall.

And does anyone else know where some decent places to hold a 60th birthday party at and about how much we are looking to spend with the security included

I was thinking about renting out something at sam but how hrd would it be for people to get on post with out DOD ID's?

All you need to present at Fort Sam is your ID and insurance to obtain entry. Lackland is a different story...

T Park
09-18-2008, 07:49 PM

GTFOOH

Ginofan
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
If you are considering the bbq route, show up one day to either Barbeque Station on 410 near Harry Wurzbach and Nachodoches, or BBQ Patio on the southside and give them a shot. I've seen their catering prices and they are at least comparable to Bill Millers and the food tastes better.

Other than that, if any of the big bridal fairs come into town, they have tons of caterers and food sampling.

Thanks, I heard of the BBQ Station but I've never tasted them. I'll give them a call.

Mandy - Any Mexican or BBQ place in San Antonio can probably do it for you at that price (especially since you have so many people). Pick your favorite places and the cold call them and cut a deal.

Congrats again Sara and fatsack. :)

I think that's what I'm going to have to do. We do have a fav mexican restaurant but they are so small I doubt they would be able to handle our guests lol.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

DannyT: Have you tried Pedrotti's Ranch? We had my aunt's 50th birthday party there and it was really neat. I'm not sure what the price runs though, sorry.

DannyT
09-18-2008, 08:14 PM
All you need to present at Fort Sam is your ID and insurance to obtain entry. Lackland is a different story...

yeah I understand, but dont you think it will be a hassle to do all this and then to have your car inspected. But I am thinking that this might be the cheapest way to go. But the biggest issue I have is that my brother for what ever reason cant get an idea an ID...I am starting to think this cat is into some Dexter type shit and has an APP out on his ass...but yeah I know about the whol escourt thing at lackland I work there...but I like that they dont want everyones ID to get on base...I looked into the ranch and found out that there is were evas heros was at I think...its in Helotes aint it?

I will see if I cant find some prices
thanks

KEDA
09-18-2008, 10:17 PM
San Antonio Catering....we get them for lunch all the time at the office
Page Barteau --had them a couple times for lunch as well and they are AMAZING!!!

And Mandy Ive said that to just come ask me for anything like that.....I used to work at an invitation shop that had a bunch of info for any wedding.....so if you need any help just email me....

~megan~