PDA

View Full Version : Question about Coach Pop.

usckk
02-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Why is Coach Pop risking more serious injury by playing Horry? Why not let him rest and let Kiwi come off the bench. It's not like Kiwi has been horrible when he played. I say FREE THE KIWI.

T Park
02-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Why is Coach Pop risking more serious injury by playing Horry?

Doctors said there was no risk in further injury by playing him.

timvp
02-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I think saying that Horry has a "broken non-weight baring bone" is another way to say that Horry needs to sac up and stop going down injured once a game.

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Pop said he will try to limit his minutes, so I think something is actually wrong with him.

I don't know why the Kiwi didn't play last night though.

T Park
02-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Cause he stinks?

T Park
02-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Timvp.

Duncan has broken alot of those in his career then.

He goes down if the breeze in the arena is too strong.

Rummpd
02-10-2005, 07:27 PM
As a doc who used to be a physical therapy assistant: I am cautiously trying to figure out "Pop speak" on this one. Horry probably from what I am hearing potentially has a very mild crack in fibula, perhaps, not readily seen on normal x-rays. Unless around ankle area or a compound fracture (several parts etc.), a cracked fibula even minor will heal usually without future injury - that being said it it might be difficult or at least painful to play on and arguebly might heal better with rest.

Just not enough out there to say!! & with a rule called HIPPA these days we will be hearing less about the nature of injuries etc. So will give CIA Pop = who is usually very conservative = the strong benefit of the doubt here.

MadDoc

Solid D
02-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Rummpd, the article in the Express-News says he was hit on the fibular head, so it's the knee area (top of the lower leg).

Robert Horry has a non-displaced fracture in his right fibula. An MRI revealed the small crack.

Because the bone isn't weight bearing, Horry can continue to play depending on how much pain he can tolerate.
"It's got to heal on its own," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.

"He is allowed to play on it, as bad as that sounds, but I'm trying to play him as little as possible so we can have him down the stretch."

Horry initially was hit on his fibular head in the Jan. 24 loss in Portland, then was kicked in the same spot in the next game.

He also suffered a hip pointer on his right side and had his right kneecap knocked out of place — all within the past three weeks. His left leg has fared considerably better.

Horry is wearing a protective sleeve over the upper part of his right leg.

"It's one of those things where it's either going to feel good or not feel good," Horry said. "Rest will always help anything, but it's not a situation where it hurts so bad I need to take some time off."

NZHayden
02-10-2005, 10:47 PM
I say FREE THE KIWI.

got a point